Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,471 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Despite Many Churches, Why Corruption: Still Continues? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Despite Many Churches, Why Corruption: Still Continues? (2933 Views)

8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. / Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. / Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Despite Many Churches, Why Corruption: Still Continues? by mikoas: 9:36pm On Nov 24, 2009
Hello friend,
I say good day to you.
I had been wondering since all these days for the level of corruption, injustice, murdering, kidnapping, etc in our great nation. Despite that churches are increasing daily, pastors were every where, vigil and many others spiritual activities are so on all the days, yet all these evils are increasing daily. What are the cause, what can we do to end these in order to re-brand Nigerian for the vision 20: 2020. Thanks for your quick reply.
Re: Despite Many Churches, Why Corruption: Still Continues? by mikoas: 9:40pm On Nov 24, 2009
Thanks for your questions. God is in control to rebrand us all.
Re: Despite Many Churches, Why Corruption: Still Continues? by naijacutee(f): 10:16pm On Nov 24, 2009
We can draw a parallel between our society today and the religious people of Jesus' day. There were so many i-too-know religious people in Jesus' day who took religion to the extreme. They took it so far that certain groups of Jews were forbidden to poo have a bowel movement on the Sabbath day, as it constituted work, which in turn constituted breaking the seventh commandment. These guys burned in religious anger at the "blasphemy" of Jesus, and all that he stood for. Yet, they walked past widows and orphans without batting an eyelid. In todays society, we have people like that who are so religious that they cannot complete a sentence without making it evident that they are "good" and everyone else is going to hell. They cannot shut up about how "wonderful" Pastor A or Pastor B's service was 2 Sundays ago (And by the way, did you notice Sister C's lace last Sunday?). They are so wrapped in "church", that they totally miss the point of what church is there for, or even what Jesus died for. The similarity between these Pharisees and people of our society today is that both parties are religious, granted. However, are they religious because they really love God (In which case they would be keeping his commandments) or because they really love themselves? There lies your answer.
Re: Despite Many Churches, Why Corruption: Still Continues? by Horus(m): 10:40pm On Nov 24, 2009
mikoas:

Hello friend,
I say good day to you.
I had been wondering since all these days for the level of corruption, injustice, murdering, kidnapping, etc in our great nation. Despite that churches are increasing daily, pastors were every where, vigil and many others spiritual activities are so on all the days, yet all these evils are increasing daily. What are the cause, what can we do to end these in order to re-brand Nigerian for the vision 20: 2020. Thanks for your quick reply.

Corruption is also in the church. Today churchs are business and your pastor is a businessman. Money is the concern, not the salvation of your soul.
Re: Despite Many Churches, Why Corruption: Still Continues? by frprof(m): 10:52pm On Nov 24, 2009
The motivating factor is important in assesing any venture. People become pastors today in quest for three square meals.
Re: Despite Many Churches, Why Corruption: Still Continues? by ellagold(m): 1:34am On Nov 25, 2009
Churches are made up of saints most of those are yet to really accept full responsibility for their faith.There are three main group of people in the church

*the visitor or spectator

*the participator

*the traitors

May God help us all.
Re: Despite Many Churches, Why Corruption: Still Continues? by mamagee3(f): 1:39am On Nov 25, 2009
ellagold:

Churches are made up of saints most of those are yet to really accept full responsibility for their faith.There are three main group of people in the church

*the visitor or spectator

*the participator

*the  traitors

May God help us all.

You forgot to add the fashion watchers. grin grin
Re: Despite Many Churches, Why Corruption: Still Continues? by KunleOshob(m): 8:47am On Nov 25, 2009
@Post
The truth is that the mordern church as drifted away from the true gospel of our lord Jesus christ and most of what is being preached today is "doctrine of men" being presented as word of God. His heresy is very popular and still evolving in the pentecostal fold were there pastors keep claiming "God told me" this and that just to manipulate people into believing in them. The church needs to return to the true gospel of christ then corruption would be greatly reduced in our society, but thsi is an herculean task as majority of our church leaders are hypocrites.
Re: Despite Many Churches, Why Corruption: Still Continues? by agathamari(f): 7:27pm On Nov 25, 2009
because nigerian churches are corrupt
Re: Despite Many Churches, Why Corruption: Still Continues? by komekn(m): 12:36am On Nov 26, 2009
Seeking his hand and not his face. When you seek Gods face there is a character change as you lose yourself and himself (God) comes into you, his Glory is seen in you, and you no longer live but he lives in you.

Christians, Churches in Nigeria are preoccupied with what can we get from God, not obeying God or Loving him.

Sons of God reflect God, that is female and male sons.

Sons of disobedience reflect thier father, the prince of the air, the devil.
Re: Despite Many Churches, Why Corruption: Still Continues? by Beautymc(f): 9:21am On Nov 29, 2009
@poster, nigeria will be better if muslims we stop waisting souls. That is more important b'cos those waisted souls will help in re-branding nigeria.
Re: Despite Many Churches, Why Corruption: Still Continues? by Abuzola11(m): 9:33am On Nov 29, 2009
It is in the same church that corruption is practised, Ask oga adeboye
Re: Despite Many Churches, Why Corruption: Still Continues? by Beautymc(f): 9:42am On Nov 29, 2009
u help me ask ur imam why killing is fair to u people
Re: Despite Many Churches, Why Corruption: Still Continues? by Abuzola11(m): 9:44am On Nov 29, 2009
Unjustify Killing in islam is forbidden unlike ur thief miracle pastor busy with tithe
Re: Despite Many Churches, Why Corruption: Still Continues? by Beautymc(f): 10:04am On Nov 29, 2009
waoooooooo, i really pity ur destiny. pls explain unjustify and justify killing in inslam? If human life will not involve to it.
Pastors are busy with tithes, that's ur biz. xtains must continue paying their tithes if u like it or not.
Stop dulgin my questions. Have u ask ur imam what i asked?
Re: Despite Many Churches, Why Corruption: Still Continues? by Anabel(f): 11:47am On Nov 29, 2009
yes, everyday is a Grace, like it is written in the Bible that many are called but few are chosen, all we just need is follow the truth.
Re: Despite Many Churches, Why Corruption: Still Continues? by Abuzola11(m): 11:48am On Nov 29, 2009
Shut up historical record shows that christian fanatic invade europe and slaughtered thousand of pagan for refusing to accept the christian faith in the middle ages, i will open a thread with the figure soon
Re: Despite Many Churches, Why Corruption: Still Continues? by Beautymc(f): 11:54am On Nov 29, 2009
@abu, u are still dulgin my questns.
Re: Despite Many Churches, Why Corruption: Still Continues? by Beautymc(f): 12:09pm On Nov 29, 2009
To all N.L xtains, beware that oppositions and anti christ are real. But i have a words for u people.
1st peter 5:10, Rev 12:10, Isaiah 41:10-11.
Re: Despite Many Churches, Why Corruption: Still Continues? by Abuzola11(m): 12:36pm On Nov 29, 2009
I want you to read this mr beauty

'and warn to those (jews, christians and pagans) who say,'GOD has begotten a son'

No knowledge have they of such a thing nor had their fathers, mighty is the word that comes out of their mouths. They utter not but lie'
Quran 18:4-5
Re: Despite Many Churches, Why Corruption: Still Continues? by Beautymc(f): 12:42pm On Nov 29, 2009
Mr abu, i'll never have anything to do with quaran. so don't tell me to read what will mislead me pls. send to ur faithless people not me
Re: Despite Many Churches, Why Corruption: Still Continues? by princekevo(m): 1:26pm On Nov 29, 2009
mikoas:

Hello friend,
I say good day to you.
I love this question from the OP, Coz an average conscious Nigerian should be able to ask him/herself why is this happening? But the answer is not far fetched from those who have the proper understanding of what the bible said concerning the time we are living in (End time).
KunleOshob:

@Post
The truth is that the modern church as drifted away from the true gospel of our lord Jesus Christ and most of what is being preached today is "doctrine of men" being presented as word of God. His heresy is very popular and still evolving in the pentecostal fold were there pastors keep claiming "God told me" this and that just to manipulate people into believing in them. The church needs to return to the true gospel of Christ then corruption would be greatly reduced in our society, but this is an herculean task as majority of our church leaders are hypocrites.
I really appreciate this response, to add more, what is happening in Nigeria today and other parts of the word is not something any Christain should surprised abt. God himself already forsaw this and made them known to us through his word. So the question of above on Nigerian situation  today is the end product of our generation as prophesied in the book of (II Timothy 3:1-5,7) "But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come.  For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, malicious gossips, without self-control,brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of god; holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."

From the passage above you will see that Nigerian is lacking non from all these things bible mentioned.

They typical churches we have in Nigeria today is not as a surprised either. Bible also warned us against this earlier in the book of (I Timothy 4:1-3 )"But the spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons.  By means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron, men who forbid marriage and advocate abstaining from foods which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth."

We can see churches today are becoming more and more ecumenical, embracing the New Age interfaith agenda, and denying Christ as the only way to salvation. Also preaching tolerance and compromise in place of God's truth for the salvation of the world. Pastors are in the position to preach what the members want to hear and not what God sent them to preach. Why? becoz they are afraid of losing their members, they are now more conscious of how many members they have and not how many saved souls.
Where are the pastors of those days that believes they better preach the truth to an empty chairs next sunday, than preach lies to thousand of members? You can find them no where, not only in Nigeria, but all over the world.

But we have one assurance as stated in (Luke 21:28) "But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near."
Genuine Christains are not supposed to be surprised of today's Nigerian events or other parts of the world, becoz there was a guarantee of what is happening today in the book of (Luke 21:32) "Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all things take place."
Re: Despite Many Churches, Why Corruption: Still Continues? by Abuzola11(m): 2:03pm On Nov 29, 2009
@beautymic- you see why you can never know the truth, uplawal and babz were former christian, they realize the truth when they compared the two scriptures and saw that the bible is full of descrepancy,

(1) (Reply)

Between Pentecostalism And Word Of Faith Movement / True Ancient Tales Of The Mermaids And Merman. / 10 Mysterious Alledgedly Alien Artifacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.