Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,925 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Boat Regatta Festival Held In Okrika, Rivers (Photos) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Boat Regatta Festival Held In Okrika, Rivers (Photos) (23432 Views)

Pictures From 2017 Durbar Festival Held In Kano / Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State / Pictures From Obodoukwu Festival Held In Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boat Regatta Festival Held In Okrika, Rivers (Photos) by TeleboiZ005(m): 4:31pm On Jan 12, 2017
K
Re: Boat Regatta Festival Held In Okrika, Rivers (Photos) by Ibime(m): 4:43pm On Jan 12, 2017
That is my hometown! Wa kiri ke!

2 Likes

Re: Boat Regatta Festival Held In Okrika, Rivers (Photos) by humblemikel(f): 4:46pm On Jan 12, 2017
I JUST WISH I CAN GET THIS PICTURE IN A PORTRAIT
REALLY AN ART TASTE .
PEOPLE OF WATER, WATER LOVERS undecided undecided undecided
Re: Boat Regatta Festival Held In Okrika, Rivers (Photos) by lielbree: 4:47pm On Jan 12, 2017
Icecomrade:

My WIFE is proudly Okirika!!!

She is so cute

I'm sure she can cook for Africa! Okirika girls are know for that.
Re: Boat Regatta Festival Held In Okrika, Rivers (Photos) by lielbree: 4:49pm On Jan 12, 2017
slinkman:
See boys and girls even children playing with boat and water anyhow, later you would expect that if you put these same boys and the Nigerian military in a war on sea that the military would do anything? Lmaoo, operation corocodile tears my _ass
Preach!!
Don't mind those that have not seen a body of water claiming N/A can win a war on water... story for the gods
Re: Boat Regatta Festival Held In Okrika, Rivers (Photos) by ruggedtimi(m): 4:51pm On Jan 12, 2017
Justdulla:
Militant Tribe
kwasia...your family and communitty are all bastards
Re: Boat Regatta Festival Held In Okrika, Rivers (Photos) by tamsel(m): 4:51pm On Jan 12, 2017
This is the reason Ijaw people are known also as amphibians. Leaving both land and sea.
Re: Boat Regatta Festival Held In Okrika, Rivers (Photos) by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 12, 2017
ruggedtimi:
kwasia...your family and communitty are all bastards
Your clan are the bastards.
Your community, bastard.
Your cult group bastard.
you all, bastard.
Re: Boat Regatta Festival Held In Okrika, Rivers (Photos) by equuscaballus: 4:59pm On Jan 12, 2017
Oh, how I love Rivers state.
Re: Boat Regatta Festival Held In Okrika, Rivers (Photos) by tamsel(m): 5:01pm On Jan 12, 2017
This is the reason Ijaw people are known also as amphibians. Leaving both land and water. Kudos to the Ijaws.
Re: Boat Regatta Festival Held In Okrika, Rivers (Photos) by wilsontonye: 5:01pm On Jan 12, 2017
Proudly Okrika
Re: Boat Regatta Festival Held In Okrika, Rivers (Photos) by Legend87(m): 5:49pm On Jan 12, 2017
Ginaz:
What if the boat subside? lipsrsealed. I can't swim for 50 million, I hate water shocked
Capsize... Not ''Subside''
Re: Boat Regatta Festival Held In Okrika, Rivers (Photos) by Ginaz(f): 5:54pm On Jan 12, 2017
Legend87:

It's the same thing, kindly check your dictionary.
Re: Boat Regatta Festival Held In Okrika, Rivers (Photos) by otokx(m): 5:58pm On Jan 12, 2017
Wow, what a miss by me? would have so loved to be there.
Re: Boat Regatta Festival Held In Okrika, Rivers (Photos) by Ikpangi: 7:06pm On Jan 12, 2017
okrika people and tradition cool shocked grin
Re: Boat Regatta Festival Held In Okrika, Rivers (Photos) by fashrola(m): 7:51pm On Jan 12, 2017
mechanics:
nice cuitural display, i hope if someone drowns, d person can be rescued on time?

Drown? Those guys dem be fish....
Re: Boat Regatta Festival Held In Okrika, Rivers (Photos) by sugardad1(m): 7:56pm On Jan 12, 2017
baeboo:
mammy water be like... if I drown dem naw dem go say I wicket
hahaha! Kai! Una no go kill person for dis nairaland
Re: Boat Regatta Festival Held In Okrika, Rivers (Photos) by Afobear: 8:19pm On Jan 12, 2017
Ginaz:
What if the boat subside? lipsrsealed. I can't swim for 50 million, I hate water shocked
no beauty,no brain

Re: Boat Regatta Festival Held In Okrika, Rivers (Photos) by tinktanker: 10:27pm On Jan 12, 2017
Justdulla:
Militant Tribe
tribal bigot
Re: Boat Regatta Festival Held In Okrika, Rivers (Photos) by OakPearl(m): 6:25am On Jan 13, 2017
Afobear:
no beauty,no brain
Ginaz:
Legend87:

Semper247:

Capsizes u mean?
Ginaz:

Ya cheesy but is the same as subside ain't it
Ginaz:

Ya cheesy but is the same as subside ain't it
Semper247:

Capsizes u mean?

Both capsize and subside could mean the same thing depending on the context.
Note that Ginaz in her usage didn't aver that the water may subside. She instead asked "what if the boat subsides?" Because her question is about the boat subsiding and not the water, she is perfectly correct.
How easy it is to be in error of judgement sometimes.
Re: Boat Regatta Festival Held In Okrika, Rivers (Photos) by darelar(m): 7:07am On Jan 13, 2017
My town boat regatta in ogunwaterside local government, ogun state.

Re: Boat Regatta Festival Held In Okrika, Rivers (Photos) by ituriel: 1:58pm On Jan 13, 2017
my people....my people....kirike has one of the most beautiful culture in Nigeria

proudly okirirkan.
Re: Boat Regatta Festival Held In Okrika, Rivers (Photos) by Legend87(m): 3:09pm On Jan 13, 2017
OakPearl:

Both capsize and subside could mean the same thing depending on the context.
Note that Ginaz in her usage didn't aver that the water may subside. She instead asked "what if the boat subsides?" Because her question is about the boat subsiding and not the water, she is perfectly correct.
How easy it is to be in error of judgement sometimes.

And it's because of that context that we're trying to correct her. In this case, it's hardly known that a boat can sink, which is the case of ''subside'' using the term ''subside,'' you're refering to a ship and not a boat.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yoruba Man Blasts Oba Akiolu For Snubbing Ooni Via Video Message / Imoka Festival 2016: The beauty of great Awka culture (pics) / The Origin Of The Slang "419" And Ghana-must-go(the Bag)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.