Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,066 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? (7206 Views)

Beyond Straightening: How To Use Your Flat Iron To Make Any Kind Of Hair Look / My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Naturals, how often do you straighten (flat-iron) your hair? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 24, 2009
My hair has now become 85% natural. Don't want to perm, but I need it controlled. . . .is it recommendable to flat iron my hair?

If yes, how often? And what can I use to protect my hair from heat.

SIDE NOTE: Does anyone here use Infiniti Conair flat iron? How do I get to the root of my hair with it?

BTW, Where's Mohawkchic? kiss
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by Charchar(f): 12:18am On Nov 25, 2009
Hey my daughter uses a flat iron amost the same. Just make sure u use one that is ceramic. And as for the roots you just gotta try to get close. She only flat irons her her once a day unless she's going out then she will do it again. It doesn't seem to be hurting her hair. Yes there is stuff to buy that will protect your hair but I am not sure what it is called because she says it does not straighten good enough if she uses it.
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by mamagee3(f): 12:24am On Nov 25, 2009
Flatten it everytime you're ready to go for a special occassion! wink
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by posakosa(m): 7:08am On Nov 25, 2009
mama-gee:

Flatten it everytime you're ready to go for a special occassion! wink

I agree with mama-gee, too much heat can be bad for your hair---- u only need to flatten it for special occasions.
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by Sissy3(f): 9:36am On Nov 25, 2009
CHI and FHI flat irons are good and very effective. i highly recommend them
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by iice(f): 3:14pm On Nov 25, 2009
Everyday? shocked
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by Secretz(f): 5:09pm On Nov 25, 2009
I use babyliss straightners, but hun everyday nor goood ooooh, it will really break your hair.
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 25, 2009
Everyday ke? lol i dnt even have time for that, takes me an hr and some minutes as it is.

Charchar:

Hey my daughter uses a flat iron amost the same. Just make sure u use one that is ceramic. And as for the roots you just gotta try to get close. She only flat irons her her once a day unless she's going out then she will do it again. It doesn't seem to be hurting her hair. Yes there is stuff to buy that will protect your hair but I am not sure what it is called because she says it does not straighten good enough if she uses it.
Yea, its ceramic.

~Sissy~:

CHI and FHI flat irons are good and very effective. i highly recommend them
I already bought the one up there. and it works wonder, tried it yest shocked
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by iice(f): 7:31pm On Nov 26, 2009
Well maybe 3 to 4 times a week should do with the flat iron undecided

Other times. . .just let the hair free grin
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 28, 2009
iice:

Well maybe 3 to 4 times a week should do with the flat iron undecided

Other times. . .just let the hair free grin

Free is tangling. . . .

I'm getting it over with this weekend and perming it. Natural? hard tongue

Maybe it'll stay soft and smooth longer while permed and ironed
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by iice(f): 1:54pm On Nov 28, 2009
I know. . .the tangling is annoying. I could only comb it after i wash my hair angry
Another way is to comb and braid it at night, then in the morning comb it and leave it and then come night, comb and braid. . .you can see why the combing thing doesn't work for me grin

Yup natural is not easy, unless you have it braided or something all the time.
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by THEAMAKA3(f): 12:48am On Nov 29, 2009
girl! depending on the flat iron, that is.
but still it isnt good to do it too often. even 3 times a week might be bad.
i try and stay away from hot irons and all that junk, it fries your hair.
but my sis has this really good one, but it was like 90 dollars plus tax.
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by Nobody: 12:50am On Nov 29, 2009
ahhh iice, you just changed my mind.
If I leave home tomor, the next time I can perm this bush is Dec. Decisions decisions lol

sigh.

THE-AMAKA:

girl! depending on the flat iron, that is.
but still it isnt good to do it too often. even 3 times a week might be bad.
i try and stay away from hot irons and all that junk, it fries your hair.
but my sis has this really good one, but it was like 90 dollars plus tax.
I know , I asked an hairdresser before buying this. She said Conair is a really good company.
Expensive but worth it.

2-3 times a week is not good enough cry
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by THEAMAKA3(f): 12:52am On Nov 29, 2009
kai!!
thats why i think a lot of us should just stick to braids. everything seems to damage the hair and natural is too hard to keep up with. (unless you have enough time on your hands)
they have some really good styles to choose from.
tree braids are my favorite.
they look so nice.
example:
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by Nobody: 12:55am On Nov 29, 2009
haaaa, get that thing off my thread angry angry

Braiding is ok, but what if you live in an area where there's no black saloon and you only get to go home like 3-5 times a year?
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by THEAMAKA3(f): 1:00am On Nov 29, 2009
LMFAO!!!! you dont like mercy johnson? her hair is nice though.
tree braids helps your hair grow!! and they last so long.
i had my hair grow about 5 inches in one year due to tree braids, same thing with my sis.

you cant perm your hair cause thats what youre trying NOT to do.
you cant flat iron it too much or else it will damage/fry
and there are hardly any black salons and you dont go home often.
KAI!! what are you going to do with your hair? undecided
i really dont know what to tell you, everything seems to be ruled out.
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by Nobody: 1:05am On Nov 29, 2009
hehehhe, AMAKA, story of my life. decisions decisions.

Show me another pix of the tree braids
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by THEAMAKA3(f): 1:17am On Nov 29, 2009
it usually depends on the kind of hair you get and the the style that determines how long they last.
NEVER EVER get synthetic hair, its a biotch to take out and they get old too quick.
they give you hell when taking them out!  angry
more pics:
http://kristenlock.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/tree-braid-picture.JPG

Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by THEAMAKA3(f): 1:19am On Nov 29, 2009
i think i might have the wrong name for them, but i know them as tree braids.
cause the styles im seeing on google are not the ones im familiar with.
unless the style i had went against the norm.
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by posakosa(m): 2:00am On Nov 29, 2009
that is one UGRY girl------ lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by THEAMAKA3(f): 2:01am On Nov 29, 2009
typical of someone like you.
its the hair were looking at, not the girl.
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by Nobody: 2:04am On Nov 29, 2009
ohhh. Ist tree braid same thing as weave in?

Done that. I dnt want to lose my edges tongue

My hair is full and thick, thatz why natural hair is hard to maintain.
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by THEAMAKA3(f): 2:06am On Nov 29, 2009
lol yeah thats why i dont do braids anymore either.
they used to almost pull my edges out.
but its pretty much just braids though, just that the front is braided differently.
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by posakosa(m): 2:08am On Nov 29, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

typical of someone like you.
its the hair were looking at, not the girl.

sshrap dia---- angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by posakosa(m): 2:10am On Nov 29, 2009
FL Gators:

ohhh. Ist tree braid same thing as weave in?

Done that. I dnt want to lose my edges tongue

My hair is full and thick, thatz why natural hair is hard to maintain.

DO NOT BRAID YOUR HAIR PLZ----- I HATE braids or weaves----- or fake hair---- YCUK! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

sometimes, texturizers allows one to maintain natural hair--- it doesn't perm or relax it but makes it manageable---- have u ever tried those ?
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by THEAMAKA3(f): 2:10am On Nov 29, 2009
^^^
good idea.
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by Nobody: 2:11am On Nov 29, 2009
no, which kinda texturizers do you use?
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by posakosa(m): 2:11am On Nov 29, 2009
or you can wig it---  cool

lacefronts----  undecided
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by posakosa(m): 2:13am On Nov 29, 2009
and I find this works for me well. wink
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by posakosa(m): 2:15am On Nov 29, 2009
---- or so. cheesy grin
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by Nobody: 2:16am On Nov 29, 2009
nope, havent heard of it.

Haa, pokasoka, you should have told me this on black friday tongue

No lacefront. I dnt like it.
Re: Reccomendable To Flat Iron Natural Hair? by bluespice(f): 2:16am On Nov 29, 2009
lol i hate lacefronts
those things make folks look like that had tracks fixed directly into their foreheads

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Who Has Used This Facial Cream Called "Carovate" / Miss Planet Africa International / Ankara Styles 2022 : Latest Ankara Long Gown Styles For All Body Type

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.