Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum (35979 Views)

Dangote Refinery Gate, Lagos Gradually Taking Shape (Photos) / Dangote's $13b Generator Arrives In Nigeria, Femi Otedola Witnesses The Arrival / Akwa Ibom Govt Gives Traders 31 Day Ultimatum To Reduce Price Of Foodstuff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum by 9jasite: 11:07pm On Jan 12, 2017
The Chairman of Dangote Foundation, Aliko Dangote, has given the Kano and Kaduna States Government until March 31 to produce an audit report of how funds donated by his foundation and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for polio immunization in the state last year were spent.

He said this was to ensure accountability and transparency in the management of the funds released under a tripartite agreement involving the state and the two foundations.

“All expenditure in the exercise must be verified by external auditors and the report tendered to partners in the tripartite agreement by the end of next March 31,” Mr. Dangote said Tuesday evening during a video conference at Government House, Kano.

The conference involved the state governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, co-chair of Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Bill Gates, Kaduna state governor, Nasir El-Rufa’i, officials of the National Primary Health Care Development Agency and other development partners.

He also stressed the need for the state government to pay more attention to collation of quality-assured data in respect of the exercise because of its significance in decision making.

Mr. Dangote however commended the state government for providing world-class cold chains, and urged the government to continue to work closely with traditional authorities and local government officials to achieve a Polio free society.

In his comments, Mr. Gates lauded the Kano and Kaduna state governments on the war against polio, stressing that total eradication of the disease is possible if the states maintained their zeal.

While also stressing the need for accountability in managing donor funds released for immunization, Mr. Gates advised both states to ensure timely release of funds to the basket fund, to keep things moving.

On his part, Governor Ganduje said “although a milestone has been reached recently in immunization in the state, which hitherto was the chief host of Polio, Kano state government will emphasize public enlightenment and cooperation with religious and traditional leaders to make the set goal achievable”.

He thanked the foundations and other donor agencies for supporting Kano to attain landmarks on immunization and maternal/child health.

In his remarks, Mr. El-Rufa’i requested scientific devices to help Nigeria generate accurate and comprehensive data for immunization and other development purposes.

He assured that his state would duly provide its audited 2016 immunization report.

Dangote and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundations had in 2012 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Kano State government on routine immunization. The tripartite accord was meant to lapse in 2015 but was extended by one year.

Kaduna state government signed a similar agreement with the foundations in 2015.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/health/health-news/220255-kano-kaduna-must-account-donor-funds-immunization-dangote.html/amp?client=ms-android-tecno

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum by 9jasite: 11:18pm On Jan 12, 2017
Lalasticlala FP material

1 Like

Re: Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum by odiereke(m): 11:22pm On Jan 12, 2017
Better before they believe it's a National Cake.

71 Likes

Re: Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum by mykeljosef: 11:23pm On Jan 12, 2017
gobe...omo se gobe

time to purge.. dangote don para
mynd44 abeg fp material done dey

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum by yarimo(m): 11:42pm On Jan 12, 2017
Mtcheeew how much is the donation self that he his disturbing people up and down? undecided
Re: Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum by fuckingAyaya(m): 11:54pm On Jan 12, 2017
yarimo:
Mtcheeew how much is the donation self that he his disturbing people up and down? undecided
dis is 2017 try get sense abeg

198 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum by Atiku2019: 11:59pm On Jan 12, 2017
All NGOs( From Finance assistant to Country Director) divert Donor funds to their personal pockets cry cry Corruption everywhere

15 Likes

Re: Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum by Vision4God: 12:01am On Jan 13, 2017
Interesting
Re: Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum by Jokerman(m): 12:03am On Jan 13, 2017
lol... dey will threaten this man with Amcon now...

2 Likes

Re: Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum by Azujabeel(m): 12:16am On Jan 13, 2017
Shameless man, when your overloaded trucks are busy spoiling our roads you are here attacking others boasting about your donations! Mst u tell the world u donated?

4 Likes

Re: Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum by Mujaheeeden: 12:34am On Jan 13, 2017
yarimo:

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum by Blue3k(m): 12:58am On Jan 13, 2017
Lol take notes nigerians. Do these state governments even post there year budgets online for public viewing.

7 Likes

Re: Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum by Turakidanjuma(m): 8:24am On Jan 13, 2017
ofcourse they must account

3 Likes

Re: Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum by NaijaMutant(f): 9:02am On Jan 13, 2017
Ok
Re: Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum by repogirl(f): 9:03am On Jan 13, 2017
Good. Money dey enter but E no dey always reach the destination.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum by Innodon(m): 9:03am On Jan 13, 2017
Ok
Re: Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum by Akinaukwa: 9:03am On Jan 13, 2017
I suspect dem chop the money. They must vomit it.
Re: Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum by amadice(m): 9:04am On Jan 13, 2017
even Africa richest man wants to start probing funds he donated freely with is heart...recession it will never b well with u

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum by XXLDICK(m): 9:04am On Jan 13, 2017
Azujabeel:
Shameless man, when your overloaded trucks are busy spoiling our roads you are here attacking others boasting about your donations! Mst u tell the world u donated?
Shameless man

He just contributed huge sum to charity. How much have you contributed

Remove Dangote from Nigeria and see Nigeria become extremely poor.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum by Akinz0126(m): 9:04am On Jan 13, 2017
I concur!inotherwords, today is MMM watch night(Mole . Moba Motungba pada).

The question is if na you be MMM board of trustee you go unfreeze the account?
Re: Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum by lincolnj88: 9:04am On Jan 13, 2017
grin grin recession don dey affect dangote

1 Like

Re: Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum by Armstrong34(m): 9:05am On Jan 13, 2017
Hell rufai over to you..... We know you spent the money equipping ur brothers(fulani herdsmen) to send this nation into a state of chaoscheesy

3 Likes

Re: Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum by LordGuru1: 9:05am On Jan 13, 2017
Money, Power, Respect. Which is most powerful? Click Like for Money, Share for Power, quote for Respect.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum by obembet(f): 9:06am On Jan 13, 2017
Re: Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum by greatwhite(m): 9:06am On Jan 13, 2017
Voice mail grin

1 Like

Re: Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum by northvietnam(m): 9:07am On Jan 13, 2017
or what will happen..?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum by jmoore(m): 9:07am On Jan 13, 2017
The politicians used the money to 'vaccinate' their families against poverty.

grin grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum by ALAYORMII: 9:07am On Jan 13, 2017
Abi dem don account ni

1 Like

Re: Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum by northvietnam(m): 9:08am On Jan 13, 2017
XXLDICK:

Remove Dangote from Nigeria and see Nigeria become extremely poor.

Are u this shallow minded...

how can u say something like this..

6 Likes

Re: Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 13, 2017
First time i'm hearing him make a decisive statement.
Hope we'll never get to hear immunization workers getting killed on duty again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum by dangotesmummy: 9:09am On Jan 13, 2017
That's my boy wink

Keep making mummy proud cool grin tongue
Re: Dangote: "Kano & Kaduna Must Account For My Donations"; Gives Ultimatum by IVORY2009(m): 9:09am On Jan 13, 2017
yarimo:

how much have u ever donated?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Femi Otedola Dances With His Daughters, DJ Cuppy And Temi (Video) / Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars / Ajah Market, Lagos Is On Fire (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.