Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,082 members, 7,842,098 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately (28569 Views)

How To Deal With Resume Immediately Vs 1 Month Notice / Things You Should Remove From Your CV / Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately by ultimate73(m): 7:56am On Jan 14, 2017
abeg
Re: Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately by toprealman: 7:57am On Jan 14, 2017
To all them "CV experts":
NO SINGLE RULE WORKS FOR ALL CV'S!
Middle east will ask for CV with passport, marital status, gender and age.
In UK, asking for age, gender or even religion is frowned at and is viewed as a form of discrimination.
Look at the job spec and do the needful....shikina!
If it is yours, it is yours.....this works for me tho.

2 Likes

Re: Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately by Tajbol4splend(m): 8:01am On Jan 14, 2017
If I have a job of my own, then I won't need all this piece, if I want to employ workers, I won't demand all this, it does not necessarily define how good and influential the person will be, it is just a stereotype, a way some people believe things should be to work out but things can work out in millions of ways.
Re: Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately by Stanbeto: 8:06am On Jan 14, 2017
Ok na
Re: Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately by emmaliver(m): 8:08am On Jan 14, 2017
Ok. In have heard you
Re: Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately by zest17(m): 8:13am On Jan 14, 2017
If all diz one don comot, na imm be say no be resume again na...ee don turn to memo na. Abeg na jst GOD and connection.

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately by georgecso(m): 8:20am On Jan 14, 2017
if remove all these things from CV wetin go come remain for the paper? grin grin grin
Re: Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately by steve6: 8:41am On Jan 14, 2017
Hmmmm...
Re: Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately by OctobersVeryOwn: 8:46am On Jan 14, 2017
The Op just go lift one kind rubbish from the net copy and paste for us here .... you for say make we just submit only our names na or better still empty paper ... mumu
Re: Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately by HOYEHYEHMY: 8:55am On Jan 14, 2017
Ok
Re: Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately by zikter(m): 9:35am On Jan 14, 2017
everything on my CV is inclusive of what the op posted. I have change my job three times with the same CV format. if not because of this recession I should have resumed my 4th job. mind you, all the times I changed were without any connection or long leg. so op, ur write up does not apply to me here in Nigeria
Re: Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately by ALImaza48(m): 9:39am On Jan 14, 2017
one day na empty paper we go dey submit as cv
Re: Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately by ezra1990: 9:41am On Jan 14, 2017
beacon02:
So if u remove everytin u mention, wetin remain?
I wonder ooo....abeg help me ask them?
Re: Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately by okonja(m): 9:47am On Jan 14, 2017
Heavance:
With all these, résumé will simply have just name, educational background and full stop.

Abi..I tire oh!..

@Op, this is Nigeria, all these Oyinbo policies doesn't work here, Write your CV n get connected to where it would be accepted. cheesy
Re: Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately by BlessedHay(m): 9:50am On Jan 14, 2017
ewo, Abeg oti su wa, first the writer copied what is applied in united states and pasted it in nairaland, Waytin be dos and dont of a resume againly Abeg get connections and u may not even need any godamn cv. Just use what u have to get what Yu want, invest in yurself lobatan, and dem go look for u to give u job, shikeeena
Re: Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately by BCharles: 9:55am On Jan 14, 2017
If you remove all these, which one go remain kwanu

Abeg check my signature and start earning Immediately
Re: Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately by yomz1e(m): 10:05am On Jan 14, 2017
The kind of nonsense you read here sometimes never ceases to amaze me! Good CV have universal accepted formats and ideally should not be more than 2 pages with relevant key points that matches the job you applying for. Tailor your CV to suit the job and pray! meanwhile here are some definitely "Dont's" that should not be on your CV.. these are from real CVs grin grin grin grin

60. KEY SKILLS – “I am very used to working with thigh schedules.”

61. COVERING LETTER – “looking for a party-time position.”

62. KEY SKILLS – “I am quick at typing, about 30 word pers minute, 45 with strong coffee.”

63. WORK EXPERIENCE – “Dealing with customers’ conflicts that arouse.”

64. KEY SKILLS – “I am a tiger when needed, but otherwise a pussycat.”

65. NUMBER OF DEPENDENTS – “40”

66. REASON FOR LEAVING – “I din’t give the company my full effort and received no chance of carer advancement in return.”

67. COVER LETTER – “I host a superlative proficiency for resolving complex systematic problems. I have pedagogic expertise conducting sales, and I can be quickly utilized as an assiduous, visceral and proactive problem solver.”

70. WORK EXPERIENCE – “Responsibilities included recruiting, interviewing and executing final candidates.
71. CURRENT SALARY – “£28,000. Salary desired: £170,000
KEY SKILLS – “Excellent memory; strong math aptitude; excellent memory.”
HOBBIES – “Relaxing with family and friends watching action movies”
94. PERSONAL PROFILE – “I wasn’t born – my mother simply chose ‘eject child’ from the special menu.”
95. REASON FOR LEAVING – “Responsibility makes me nervous”
96. WORK EXPERIENCE – “Whilst working in the hairdressers I had to deal with a lot of old biddies”
97. SKILLS – “I have a lot of integrity so I promise not to steal office supplies and take them home.”
98. EDUCATION – “Have repeated courses repeatedly.”
99. COVER LETTER – Why should you employ me? I bring doughnuts on Friday.”
100. WORK EXPERIENCE – ““Filing, billing, printing and coping.”

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately by Odinz(m): 10:17am On Jan 14, 2017
Hmmm

So many dos and don'ts everywhere on net, I'ld rather appreciate it if this guys go straight to the point by giving the rationale for your specifications of a résumé, rather than the specifications themselves.
Re: Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately by slap1(m): 10:36am On Jan 14, 2017
We would soon stop using a resumé.
Re: Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately by humblemikel(f): 11:19am On Jan 14, 2017
BULLSHITS EVERYWHERE,,, PLEASE WHAT IS THE USEFULNESS OF A RESUME TO THE NIGERIAN PEOPLE... OOPS IF U DONT HAVE ANY LEGITIMATE IDEA ON HOW TO MAKE MONEY THIS YEAR,THEN DO US A FAVOUR...STOP POSTING SHITS

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately by DSoj(m): 11:35am On Jan 14, 2017
Mchewww. Everyone writes what they like.

Nonsense. Who made the rules

Write your email address as cock4pussy@gmail.com and have 3 Masters, let's see if U won't get a job.

Who cv hep? Get d bloody qualification
Re: Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately by yomz1e(m): 12:35pm On Jan 14, 2017
You are the Fisherman, your CV is the bait attach to a unemployed hook, the Employers are the fishes. If you catch a big fish, Godwin! cool!! which i recently did with one of the top 4's global company. So it's worth investing a lot on your cv especially in this current market and be able to back your CV up at job interviews ....using the STAR approach with a couple of Psalms of David

Call me STARBOY
Re: Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately by dsocioemmy(m): 1:36pm On Jan 14, 2017
Hiannnn! The CV don kukuma finish na
Re: Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately by suteco16: 2:54pm On Jan 14, 2017
Okay
Re: Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately by hardon1(m): 3:33pm On Jan 14, 2017
wetin go come remain for the cv na?
Re: Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately by Optimist88(m): 11:16pm On Jan 14, 2017
Heavance:
With all these, résumé will simply have just name, educational background and full stop.
Funny man! But I wondered why Time roman is old and Arial is new! All I see is personal opinion!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Digital Trainee Recruitment 2019 / The Right Way To Answer The Question: What Should We Pay You? / The One Golden Rule Every CV Must Follow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.