Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

A New END. Stories That Touch. By #alegbeleye - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A New END. Stories That Touch. By #alegbeleye (919 Views)

Achebe’s "Things Fall Apart" Named In Bbc’s 100 Stories That Shaped The World / Stories That Touch (short Stories) By Aniekan Andikan / NAME the Nairalanders writers And Their Stories That Made U Read All Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A New END. Stories That Touch. By #alegbeleye by alegbeleye(m): 10:20am On Jan 13, 2017
feeling nervous.

Apparently its my first one. Hmmmmmm. where do i start. ok.
This is dedicated to my late mum. uour memory lives on...

uniknet, yyugo6ixx, bummybummy,
BerryBabyB, prisomic, kingzic, WRAKE, youngfocus, misterkelly, Yewandequeen.....

here we go........
Re: A New END. Stories That Touch. By #alegbeleye by alegbeleye(m): 10:31am On Jan 13, 2017
raining heavily as i run back to the office. how could i have forgotten my car keys? drench and shivering i got home that night as my wife served dinner, I held her hand and said, I’ve got something to tell you. She sat down and ate quietly. Again I observed the hurt in her eyes.

Suddenly I didn’t know how to open my mouth. But I had to let her know what I was thinking. I want a divorce. I raised the topic calmly.

She didn’t seem to be annoyed by my words, instead she asked me softly, why?

I avoided her question.

This made her angry. She threw away the spoon and shouted at me, you are not a man!

That night, we didn’t talk to each other. She was weeping. I knew she wanted to find out what had happened to our
marriage. But I could hardly give her a satisfactory answer; she had lost my heart to Jane. I didn’t love her anymore. I just pitied her!

With a deep sense of guilt, I drafted a divorce agreement which stated that she could own our house, our car, and 30% stake of my company.

She glanced at it and then tore it into pieces. The woman who had spent ten years of her life with me had become a stranger.

I felt sorry for her wasted time, resources and energy but I could not take back what I had said for I loved Jane so dearly.

Finally she cried loudly in front of me, which was what I had expected to see. To me her cry was actually a kind of release. The idea of divorce which had obsessed me for
several weeks seemed to be firmer and clearer
now.
Re: A New END. Stories That Touch. By #alegbeleye by alegbeleye(m): 10:41am On Jan 13, 2017
The next day, I came back home very late and found her writing something at the table. who her writing help? I said within me while smiling. I didn’t have supper but went straight to sleep and fell asleep very fast because I was tired after an eventful day with Jane.

When I woke up, she was still there at the table writing. I just did not care so I turned over and was asleep again.

In the morning she presented her divorce conditions: she didn’t want anything from me, but needed a month’s notice before the divorce.

She requested that in that one month we both struggle to live as normal a life as possible. Her reasons were simple: our son had his exams in a month’s time and she didn’t want to disrupt him with our broken marriage.

This was agreeable to me. But she had something more, she asked me to recall how I had carried her into out bridal room on our wedding day. She requested that every day I'll carry her out of our bedroom to the front door every morning. I thought she was going crazy. Just to make our last days together bearable I accepted her odd request.

I told Jane about my wife’s divorce conditions. She laughed loudly and thought it was absurd. No matter what tricks she applies, she has to face the divorce, she said scornfully
Re: A New END. Stories That Touch. By #alegbeleye by alegbeleye(m): 10:44am On Jan 13, 2017
Cc JeffreyJamez, Shakyroh320, oluwatymylehyn, Tife101, Goldenprinz
Re: A New END. Stories That Touch. By #alegbeleye by empress101(f): 11:35am On Jan 13, 2017
cool
Re: A New END. Stories That Touch. By #alegbeleye by oluwatymylehyn(m): 11:44am On Jan 13, 2017
It promises to be a very interesting story I can envisage. I'm keeping my fingers crossed as it rolls in here. Thanks for the mention, I'm much obliged.
Re: A New END. Stories That Touch. By #alegbeleye by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:48am On Jan 13, 2017
alegbeleye:
Cc
JeffreyJamez, Shakyroh320, oluwatymylehyn,
Tife101, Goldenprinz

Work on your Punctuations and stop leaving too much space...It makes it kinda cumbersome to read smiley...I'll be following
Re: A New END. Stories That Touch. By #alegbeleye by ladySuperb(f): 1:06pm On Jan 13, 2017
Following.....
Re: A New END. Stories That Touch. By #alegbeleye by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 13, 2017
Sitted at d first row
Re: A New END. Stories That Touch. By #alegbeleye by Goldenprinz(m): 1:27am On Jan 20, 2017
Am behind u
Re: A New END. Stories That Touch. By #alegbeleye by bummybummy(f): 9:56pm On May 05, 2017
no continuation

(1) (Reply)

Your Own Gods. [Update] / The Wicked Stepmother By Adeniyi / If You Love To Write -- Here Is Your Chance To Be Heard!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.