Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

Pls, Need Solutions To The Notification Problems of The Whatsapp Of My Tecno L8 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Pls, Need Solutions To The Notification Problems of The Whatsapp Of My Tecno L8 (4435 Views)

[new Post] How To Enable The Notification Popup Windows In Galaxy S10 And S10 Pl / Phone Guru Enter Here Need Solutions / Opening The Back Cover Of Tecno L8 Lite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls, Need Solutions To The Notification Problems of The Whatsapp Of My Tecno L8 by buzoo: 11:58am On Jan 13, 2017
Helloo Nairanlanders.

Please, i just got a Tecno L8 and I have a little problem with the whatsapp notification that comes up as heads up notification on the top of my phone. It does not dispaly or bring up the name of the individual or group that sends massages at a particular time.

When someone sends me a mesage on whatsapp, it only brings up dis: "whatsapp, 12 messages from 4 contacts". It does not bring up d person's name that sent d message that particular time though i have the person name and no saved in my contact at all.

I have tried all i can to retify it. I have gone to the notification settings under settings in d phone, I have uninstalled d whatsapp and installed again, i have used the reset factory settings all to no avail. Pls help me out with any available solution. Thank you
Re: Pls, Need Solutions To The Notification Problems of The Whatsapp Of My Tecno L8 by Behankey(m): 12:35pm On Jan 15, 2017
Its not a device fault, its the settings. Try this, Go to sound and notification settings on your phone, then go to notifications. Then app notifications. Check your WhatsApp settings that way.
Re: Pls, Need Solutions To The Notification Problems of The Whatsapp Of My Tecno L8 by LoRdCaT(m): 1:05pm On Jan 15, 2017
Behankey:
Its not a device fault, its the settings. Try this, Go to sound and notification settings on your phone, then go to notifications. Then app notifications. Check your WhatsApp settings that way.
Hello, pls my WhatsApp doesn't even give me notifications at all unless I open it. Even when it is minimised, I do not get notifications.. pls help
Re: Pls, Need Solutions To The Notification Problems of The Whatsapp Of My Tecno L8 by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 15, 2017
backup your chats and uninstall the whatsapp reinstall it again go app click on whatsapp tick show notifications
Re: Pls, Need Solutions To The Notification Problems of The Whatsapp Of My Tecno L8 by LoRdCaT(m): 1:58pm On Jan 15, 2017
Iamtosignno:
backup your chats and uninstall the whatsapp reinstall it again go app click on whatsapp tick show notifications
thanks bro.. should I go to apps in settings or open the WhatsApp?
Re: Pls, Need Solutions To The Notification Problems of The Whatsapp Of My Tecno L8 by LoRdCaT(m): 2:14pm On Jan 15, 2017
Iamtosignno:
I have done it bro. Thanks for ur help
Re: Pls, Need Solutions To The Notification Problems of The Whatsapp Of My Tecno L8 by Behankey(m): 3:19pm On Jan 15, 2017
LoRdCaT:
Hello, pls my WhatsApp doesn't even give me notifications at all unless I open it. Even when it is minimised, I do not get notifications.. pls help
Have you tried checking ur notifications? Do you force stop your apps? Because some apps drain the battery and the device force stops them. Check ur apps settings?
Re: Pls, Need Solutions To The Notification Problems of The Whatsapp Of My Tecno L8 by LoRdCaT(m): 3:46pm On Jan 15, 2017
Behankey:
Have you tried checking ur notifications? Do you force stop your apps? Because some apps drain the battery and the device force stops them. Check ur apps settings?
I av checked my notifications and I do not force stop my apps. my apps settings are normal.. I have tried every thing, I am confused.
Re: Pls, Need Solutions To The Notification Problems of The Whatsapp Of My Tecno L8 by LoRdCaT(m): 3:47pm On Jan 15, 2017
Iamtosignno:
it didn't work bro. Thanks though
Re: Pls, Need Solutions To The Notification Problems of The Whatsapp Of My Tecno L8 by CarlcareOpebi(f): 1:00pm On Jan 17, 2017
buzoo:
Helloo Nairanlanders.

Please, i just got a Tecno L8 and I have a little problem with the whatsapp notification that comes up as heads up notification on the top of my phone. It does not dispaly or bring up the name of the individual or group that sends massages at a particular time.

When someone sends me a mesage on whatsapp, it only brings up dis: "whatsapp, 12 messages from 4 contacts". It does not bring up d person's name that sent d message that particular time though i have the person name and no saved in my contact at all.

I have tried all i can to retify it. I have gone to the notification settings under settings in d phone, I have uninstalled d whatsapp and installed again, i have used the reset factory settings all to no avail. Pls help me out with any available solution. Thank you
Hello @buzoo The notification it brings up is perfectly okay. You must drag down the bar to see the sender's name & other information. WhatsApp does not work like Facebook Messenger, hence, your Application is complete & up-to-date. Visit Carlcare Service Centre Opebi to Engrave your name on your phone. Also, Explore the Carlcare App on your device, our contact number(s) and addresses are also in the App. Thanks.
Re: Pls, Need Solutions To The Notification Problems of The Whatsapp Of My Tecno L8 by CarlcareOpebi(f): 3:55pm On Jan 17, 2017
LoRdCaT:
Hi @LoRdCaT Open your WhatsApp & touch the drop down at the top and open SETTINGS, then, NOTIFICATIONS. Set your MESSAGE NOTIFICATIONS to suit you. Open your PHONE SETTINGS, then, APPLICATION MANAGER - tap WHATSAPP - open NOTIFICATIONS; Set it to suit you. Go back to your home page & restart the phone. It should work just fiine when it comes back on. Let us know if this suggestion is helpful, thanks.
Re: Pls, Need Solutions To The Notification Problems of The Whatsapp Of My Tecno L8 by rufans(m): 5:26pm On Jan 17, 2017
loooool.....don't panic ...it happens,

here is what to do

when your phone charges from 50 to 100% in short time, all you have to do is leave it to charge till the charger's head gets normal(cold) while plugged
Re: Pls, Need Solutions To The Notification Problems of The Whatsapp Of My Tecno L8 by buzoo: 2:30pm On Jan 22, 2017
Helloo House, pls i need help with my New Tecno L8. I noticed that the back button and the Minimize Button of the phone does not respond to touches all the time. It responds when it likes and this is after I have tapped it so many times. I can't tell why it is so since the phone in question is barely 2 weeks old. Pls help out with any solution u know about. Thank you.

Also, please I would like to find out what it would be like if i am to take it back to Tecno Office to effect my warranty rights. What will be my fate if I were to take the phone to tecno office? Would it be replaced or repaired.

Thank you so much for ur Answers.
Re: Pls, Need Solutions To The Notification Problems of The Whatsapp Of My Tecno L8 by Carlcaresophia: 8:51am On Jan 23, 2017
buzoo:
Helloo House, pls i need help with my New Tecno L8. I noticed that the back button and the Minimize Button of the phone does not respond to touches all the time. It responds when it likes and this is after I have tapped it so many times. I can't tell why it is so since the phone in question is barely 2 weeks old. Pls help out with any solution u know about. Thank you.

Also, please I would like to find out what it would be like if i am to take it back to Tecno Office to effect my warranty rights. What will be my fate if I were to take the phone to tecno office? Would it be replaced or repaired.

Hi buzoo, we suggest you bring your phone, together with your reciept or warantty card, to our Carlcare Service Center and ask our colleagues there to help you with your phone problem. You can find contact info of our Carlcare Service Center and its collecting points in Carlcare App (you can download the app and update the app to the newest version). If you can't find contact info, please let us know the state and city you are living in now. Thank you!
Re: Pls, Need Solutions To The Notification Problems of The Whatsapp Of My Tecno L8 by omoalajah(m): 10:07pm On Jan 23, 2017
Take it to a carlcare center and get it fixed
buzoo:

Re: Pls, Need Solutions To The Notification Problems of The Whatsapp Of My Tecno L8 by datyorubaboy: 10:28pm On Jan 23, 2017
I tired this one time like that when faced with same issue and it worked. Try this OP
CarlcareOpebi:

Hi @LoRdCaT Open your WhatsApp & touch the drop down at the top and open SETTINGS, then, NOTIFICATIONS. Set your MESSAGE NOTIFICATIONS to suit you. Open your PHONE SETTINGS, then, APPLICATION MANAGER - tap WHATSAPP - open NOTIFICATIONS; Set it to suit you. Go back to your home page & restart the phone. It should work just fiine when it comes back on. Let us know if this suggestion is helpful, thanks.
Re: Pls, Need Solutions To The Notification Problems of The Whatsapp Of My Tecno L8 by missslimzy(f): 10:48pm On Jan 23, 2017
YEs , this should work
Behankey:
Re: Pls, Need Solutions To The Notification Problems of The Whatsapp Of My Tecno L8 by buzoo: 4:08pm On Jan 28, 2017
Helloo House.
Good day to everyone, please I would like to find out if anyone here can help me with what to do so as to reduce or limit the quantity of Data my Tecno L8 uses.
Before I got my Tecno L8, i was making use of a Tecno F7 and a 1G data plan would last me for a month plus but since i started using my new Tecno L8, the said 1G data plan does last up to a month any longer. It barely takes me through 10 days.
Pls, i would like to find out if anyone here can put me through what to do to reduce the quantity of data the phone uses if there is cos I dont do so much downloading neither do i stream videos online. Thank you.
Re: Pls, Need Solutions To The Notification Problems of The Whatsapp Of My Tecno L8 by nolyyy(m): 10:02pm On Jan 28, 2017
Behankey:
Go to settings.. To sound n notifications... Click on notification... App notifications... Search for watsap.. Read n either activate or deactivate

(1) (Reply)

Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec / Price Of Iphone 7plus Screen / Samsung Galaxy A50 Vs. Infinix Zero 6 Pro: Which One Would You Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.