Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,865 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Onitsha The Largest Business City In Afica! How True Is This - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Onitsha The Largest Business City In Afica! How True Is This (2214 Views)

Children Playing At The Premises Of Onitsha Mall / Ac Yafeng West Afica. Have A Joint Venture With Us For All Construction Projects / Onitsha, The Commercial Capital Of West Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Onitsha The Largest Business City In Afica! How True Is This by CarlosVent(m): 12:29pm On Nov 25, 2009
We have been in a strong argument about this so I decided to let it out here. And I believe Nigerians can helps us determine the Largest business City in Africa.

Some say its Onitsha while some said its Cairo and some Nairobi.

pls house which do you think is the Largest and whats your reason?

I choose Onitsha because Over the years Onitsha has been known to be the most busy area in terms of business in the whole of Africa and it also has a vast area of land. EVery individual in Onitsha involves his or herself in one business or the other and in this very city you can hardly see chance or a good space between two houses. All these r because 90% of the City Occupants are based in buying/selling/trading of one thing and the other.

More over when you visit the market on the 2nd to 24th of December you better do not come in with any one less than 10yrs of age because the person will die or be injured. this is cos the market use to have many foreign/home visitors and if you have a wheel barrow or Okada you will carry it above your head cos there has never been space.

Last 2years on the 24th(final business day for the year) 4 people died while more than 50 where wounded while working in the market this is because there are too much people and the market was very much well jampacked to the fullest that you can not even walk 5 steps without waiting for 3 minutes.

last year again an old man was matched down to death and also 2 people fainted in the market.

This and many things are my reason to say that Onitsha is the most Largest City in terms of Business.

Whats your own view,
Re: Onitsha The Largest Business City In Afica! How True Is This by CarlosVent(m): 2:10pm On Nov 29, 2009
Whats your own view,

(1) (Reply)

What Do I Invest My Money In? / Tips For Import From Yiwu International Trading Market / In Need Of A Civil Engineer? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.