Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,992 members, 7,821,460 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Shocking Documentary About Children Accused Of Witch Craft In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shocking Documentary About Children Accused Of Witch Craft In Nigeria (1649 Views)

Another Case Of Witch Hunt: Buhari LIVE DeZiani Alone / Yoruba Youth Accuses Buhari Of Witch-hunting / Video Of Nollywood Actress Delivered Of Witch Craft By TB Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking Documentary About Children Accused Of Witch Craft In Nigeria by thameamead(f): 1:37pm On Nov 25, 2009
www.channel4.com/programmes/disptaches/episode-guide/series-8/episode-1/

any views about this shocking documentary, a follow up was shown on Monday, dat was shocking as well.
Re: Shocking Documentary About Children Accused Of Witch Craft In Nigeria by Parohfrey(f): 1:38pm On Nov 25, 2009
is withc craft native to Nigeria alone?
Re: Shocking Documentary About Children Accused Of Witch Craft In Nigeria by Beaf: 1:42pm On Nov 25, 2009
It is an utter disgrace. embarassed

Nigeria is in the grasp of all sorts of fake "born agains". The sooner these churches are banned and their owners jailed, the better for the country. All they do is prey on the weak, steal from the poor and cause devision among the wretched.
Re: Shocking Documentary About Children Accused Of Witch Craft In Nigeria by thameamead(f): 1:49pm On Nov 25, 2009
follow up shown on Monday,

www.channel4.com/programmes/dispataches/articles/saving-africas-witch-children-help-and-support

i cried thr the documentary, it was nice to c Mary, she looked better and settled 's, apparently she's top of her class, shame on Helen Ukpabio for wanting to close the charity. i hope there is a special place in hell for all those fake pastors and prophets accusing this children of witch to burn.

as for the white dude, he's so kind, it such a shame there are not many people like him, he was able to raise £200,000 from the british public. as for the likes of sam itatuma, his wife and the other charity workers, i say RESPECT!!!!!!
Re: Shocking Documentary About Children Accused Of Witch Craft In Nigeria by thameamead(f): 1:54pm On Nov 25, 2009
@Beaf,
i totally agree with you, it was scary to see that scum bag in white with a red thingy around his waist claimin to have killed about 110 witch, which he later denied. the documentary worn a BAFTA award and has bn dominated for a Rory Peck award, poor kids,
Re: Shocking Documentary About Children Accused Of Witch Craft In Nigeria by Jaybee2412(m): 2:02pm On Nov 25, 2009
Wickedness towards innocent children

[flash=535,325]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/ZTjpXqUjvO4[/flash]

[flash=535,325]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/K4K16R8Ols0[/flash]
Re: Shocking Documentary About Children Accused Of Witch Craft In Nigeria by morpheus24: 2:09pm On Nov 25, 2009
you can be surprised back in the day some of this people used to kill their twin kids cause they thought they were evil spirits
Re: Shocking Documentary About Children Accused Of Witch Craft In Nigeria by JNdupu: 4:35pm On Nov 25, 2009
To be fair, there were more positives than negatives in the update. If anything it demonstrated that the machinery of Government can be shamed to do the right thing at times and Nigeria is a functioning society at certain levels.

Positives:
- Akwa Ibom Governor's personal involvement, campaign and support
- Protection of Children enshrined into law
- Pastors' arrest
- Donations from far and wide
- Kanu's visit
- Some progress in relocating children back into families and their communities
- Neighbors shopping wicked parents (that doused that poor boy with acid killing him)
- The local people involved with the charity appear much more emboldened
- Finally, THE CHILDREN , nuff said.

Negatives:
- Helen Ukpa-whatever
- Helen Ukpa-whatever again - stupid bitch
- Sadly, abuse still going on but possibly much reduced - let's not lose hope.
- I worry about the medium term future for the kids when the press photographers finally move its attention elsewhere.
Re: Shocking Documentary About Children Accused Of Witch Craft In Nigeria by Beaf: 6:19pm On Nov 25, 2009
thameamead:

@Beaf,
i totally agree with you, it was scary to see that scum bag in white with a red thingy around his waist claimin to have killed about 110 witch, which he later denied. the documentary worn a BAFTA award and has bn dominated for a Rory Peck award, poor kids,

The thing I can't understand is why are people like Helen Ukpabio still walking free. Money can buy anything in Nigeria (sadly, including kids lives).
There is so much work to be done building our nation. So much work.
Re: Shocking Documentary About Children Accused Of Witch Craft In Nigeria by tunnytox(m): 8:12pm On Nov 25, 2009
I'm just watching the program on Channel 4 its horrific!!!
Re: Shocking Documentary About Children Accused Of Witch Craft In Nigeria by Avenir(m): 1:09am On Nov 26, 2009
I saw it as well. It was horrific! Shame on Helen Ukpabio! I was ashamed to be a Nigerian! I didn't know parents could be so callous towards their offspring all because an slowpoke pastor labels the offspring a witch! A father dousing his own kid with acid and leaving him to die a slow death! Callous! I was glad my colleagues didn't see it! I would have had a tough time explaining the geography of Nigeria!
Re: Shocking Documentary About Children Accused Of Witch Craft In Nigeria by ebonyz: 1:13am On Nov 26, 2009
The woman will burn in hell fire angry angry
Re: Shocking Documentary About Children Accused Of Witch Craft In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:14am On Nov 26, 2009
it was a shameful documentary and i made a thread some few months back about it. . . . . . . . . . not realizing it was shown on tv about a year ago.
we should never stop shouting our anger over what is happening to innocent children in Africa esp 9ja.

karma is a biatch and that Helen woman would get hers in time (but lets not forget thats she shouldnt take all the blame!)
Re: Shocking Documentary About Children Accused Of Witch Craft In Nigeria by thameamead(f): 12:12pm On Nov 26, 2009
karma is a biatch and that Helen woman would get hers in time

The woman will burn in hell fire

helen ukpabio, what a con artist, d scum bag took the charity to court. oga o, i hope thunder strikes her.
Re: Shocking Documentary About Children Accused Of Witch Craft In Nigeria by JNdupu: 12:22pm On Nov 26, 2009
Avenir:

Callous! I was glad my colleagues didn't see it! I would have had a tough time explaining the geography of Nigeria!

That should be the least of your worries.

What are you doing about it? Break out your writing quill to hala at politicians and pastors. And, don't forget your cheque book.

(1) (Reply)

2011: Nwodo Urges Igbo To Jettison Presidential Ambition / Tanzania Orders Chinese Out Of Dar Es Salaam Market / "CNN's Jonathan Mann To Co-anchor Nigeria's Presidential Debate. For Or Against

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.