Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) (26270 Views)

SARS Awaiting Saraki's Arrival / Thugs Loyal To APC Chairman Brutalise PDP Members During Osun West By-election(p / Buhari Makes New Appointments For FAAN, NCAA, NAMA, Rural Electrification Agency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) by dre11(m): 10:25am On Jan 14, 2017
Success Nwogu , Ilorin

An Aeronautical Information Service Officer with the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency , Ilorin International Airport, Mr . Ishola Oluwafemi , has appealed to the Kwara State Commissioner of Police, Mr . Olusola Amore and the Inspector -General of Police, Ibrahim Idris , to investigate how he was brutalised by some riot police officers.

He stated that it was necessary to prevent other people from experiencing the ordeal he was subjected to .

In an interview with journalists in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital on Tuesday, he said he was in his office about 9. 45am on Sunday when some riot police officers led by Mr . Shola Gbadeyan ( DSP ) assaulted him.

According to him , the police officers had come to reinforce security at the airport before the arrival of the Senate President , Dr . Bukola Saraki .

He said while he and his colleagues were exchanging pleasantries , a policeman knocked on the door of the office where they were.

Oluwafemi said , “ We heard a knock again on the door . Because I was close to the door , I opened it. Immediately I saw a police officer , I looked at him.

“ He asked me, “ Why did you not talk to me?’ I said , “ About what ? I do not know you from Adam and we never had any conversation , so what is it that I am going to talk to you about ?” And he said , ‘ Ok , sorry ’ and shut the door.

“ Few minutes later , I was still discussing with my colleagues when four police officers came and started shouting, ‘ Where is the boy , where is the boy ? Bring him here . Come out . ’ I said , ‘ what for ? Why are you people shouting in my office , what is wrong?’ They said I spoke to their ‘ oga ’ rudely. I asked how and they started slapping me and shouting that I must be very stupid .

“ Their boss was on the other side commanding them to bring me out . While they were beating me and saying I was stupid , I said I was not stupid . They got angrier and said that if soldiers were beating me , would I have the effrontery to talk back at them ?’ I said , yes , I would talk back at anybody who is beating me like this in my office when I am doing my duty , I have not wronged the person and this is a Federal Government parastatal. Gbadeyan himself punched me in the eyes. ”

Oluwafemi alleged that they continued beating him and that at a point, he fell down.
He added that they were about whisking him away when his colleagues ran to their operational area and called other workers.

According to him , when the police officers noticed that the NAMA staff were about recording how they were beating him , one of the police officers shouted at them to stop any form of recording .

He said the police officers later went into their van and zoomed off to the terminal area of the airport.

He stated that the NEMA officials later took him to the airport police station for him to lodge a complaint but that his statement was not taken when the police officers learnt he was brutalised by policemen .

He said he was later admitted at the Adeyi Hospital, Sokoto Road , Offa Agbo Oba, Ilorin, where he was treated.

According to a medical report signed by Dr . D. I . Adeyi , the victim sustained injuries and bled and was treated at the cost N 150, 000.

Adeyi in the report said , “ Bearer reported here on Sunday at about 2pm after being beaten up by armed mobile policemen.

“ He was brutalised with abrasions and no fracture . He had sebaceous bleeding around the head and abdomen . No visible fracture seen. ”

The Kwara State Police Public Relations Officer , Mr . Ajayi Okasanmi , said he was not aware of the case and added that if Oluwafemi was truthful in his allegations , he should officially report the alleged assault.

http://punchng.com/policemen-awaiting-saraki-brutalise-nama-officer-kwara/

Re: Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) by SalomonKane: 10:35am On Jan 14, 2017
And the police men who did this foolish thing will come un-punished. Truly, this is the dividends of democracy, where the citizens get brutalised by the same people who are suppose to protect them.

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) by stinggy(m): 11:49am On Jan 14, 2017
Useless men in uniform, licensed touts. Only good at molesting civilians and collecting bribes. When thieves show up, they hide, some will even pull off their uniforms and act like civilians.
Bunch of cowards.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) by mtchris(m): 11:49am On Jan 14, 2017
Hi... You might think you know but you have no idea
Re: Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) by Glowyshoes: 11:49am On Jan 14, 2017
Because if small tulu power, they tyrn into savage animals...lawless people...mstweeh
Instagram:@glowyshoes
Re: Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) by oluxy(m): 11:50am On Jan 14, 2017
Why na?
Re: Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) by Mechette(m): 11:50am On Jan 14, 2017
Double Bleep
Re: Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) by Promismike(m): 11:52am On Jan 14, 2017
ok
Re: Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) by TeleboiZ005(m): 11:53am On Jan 14, 2017
J
Re: Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) by Leader01(m): 11:53am On Jan 14, 2017
summary pls, is too long with one with low battery
Re: Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 14, 2017
kpele

In Africa leaders are small gods

instead of seeing leadership as a privilege thy rather see it as dia right.......leav evrytin to God and go take care of urselv.
Re: Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) by teebaxy(m): 11:55am On Jan 14, 2017
So they must put saraki's name to make the news carry weight ba? .... Thousands of this act happens in naija street everyday....police officers are fools they want to command similar respect offer to Nigerian Army..... 2 parallel lines that can never meet. The only thing that makes me respect police is that gun because I know, they don't have adequate discipline thereby they don't know how to handle gun and there could be an accidental discharge (have never heard of that from an Army)... Aside that nothing to respect in police officers oooo

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) by MrIcredible: 11:56am On Jan 14, 2017
The idîot should be sacked immediately!
Re: Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) by Entom(m): 11:56am On Jan 14, 2017
Nigeria we hail thee
Re: Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 14, 2017
People lose their lives almost everyday. Billions are being spent on our half-brained retarde.d leaders with no positive effects. These are precarious underlying issues that need to be addressed. These men arrest without warrant, torture and dump bodies away. Watched a video of a military personnel telling a commercial bus driver "I'll kill you and nothing will happen". I'm not surprised as even they use men in uniform to intimidate civillians- Ajimobi's address to LAUTECH students is a perfect example. Perhaps when civilians start hanging around buildings armed with snipers like Michael Xavier, they'll listen to our cries.
Re: Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) by stinggy(m): 11:58am On Jan 14, 2017
HatefulSoul:
Afonjas always getting themselves in trouble. Hopeless people. The whole lot..
Use ur head na. It's a new year

5 Likes

Re: Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 14, 2017
Seems we respect the security authorities in this nation thats why dey misbehave.. every man with a hand can shoot. they shouldnt forget that.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) by sammyrollo: 11:59am On Jan 14, 2017
HatefulSoul:
undecided

7 Likes

Re: Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) by seunfly: 12:00pm On Jan 14, 2017
D guy don chop Friday beating.
Re: Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) by Life4Varnity: 12:00pm On Jan 14, 2017
HatefulSoul:

Never accuse anyone bro

Seek update and make money

This is 2017

Your mates are making millions

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 14, 2017
Nigeria is a big zoo..in sane countries even army cant brutalise citizens anyhow...imagine the police men asking him if it was soldiers will he talk..police dey vex say ppl dey fear army pass dem grin LMAO
Re: Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) by 9jagobetta: 12:00pm On Jan 14, 2017
hmmmm
Re: Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) by SexyNairalander: 12:00pm On Jan 14, 2017
booked
Re: Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) by UchaNwababa: 12:02pm On Jan 14, 2017
guy u forckup, why not bite their prick
Re: Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) by UchaNwababa: 12:02pm On Jan 14, 2017
guy u forckiup, why not bite their prick
Re: Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) by kunle86(m): 12:04pm On Jan 14, 2017
so funny, that's Nigerian police 4 u
Re: Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) by Ogu83: 12:04pm On Jan 14, 2017
Policemen will just be harassing civilians anyhow
Re: Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) by curvilicious: 12:10pm On Jan 14, 2017
Heya
Issorrait
No pic no believe
Re: Policemen Awaiting Saraki Brutalise NAMA Officer In Kwara (pic) by apholaryn: 12:11pm On Jan 14, 2017
HatefulSoul:
this one must be brain dead, its obvious.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Criticizes Akwa Ibom Government For Denying Buhari Use Of Stadium / Coronavirus: CBN Advises Nigerians To Adopt Alternative Payment Methods / Lagos LP Writes A Petition To DSS Over MC Oluomo's Comment & Oro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.