Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,712 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? (4424 Views)

Amara & Kanu Nwankwo With Thierry Henry (Photo) / Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal / The World's Highest Goalscoring Keeper Scores A Free-kick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? by ayomorocco(f): 12:38pm On Jan 13, 2007
Henry is back from his injury break. With him retaining the crown of highest goalscorer over the last three seasons (03/04, 04/05 and 05/06) and narrowly missing out the title by one goal to Ruud van Nistelrooy in the 02/03 season, does anyone think he stands the chance of retaining his title this season?

I am personally of the opinion that under normal circumstances, he can retain the title. However it might appear that he is ushering in a new era of allowing the younger ones a chance at scoring. Before he came back last week, Henry did not seem his usual dexterous self. I believe Wenger leaving him out of the squad was a good idea. Hopefully, he has come back hungry for the goals.

To me, Henry plays football like a ballet dancer (this is a compliment not an insult) as he is very nimble, fluid and graceful. He makes everything seem effortless. I know that he is getting on in age but I hope he retains his crown/title.

KING HENRY, LONG MAY YOU REIGN. I-G-W-E-EEEEE

Re: Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? by Akolawole(m): 3:45pm On Jan 13, 2007
ttbd
Re: Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? by ayomorocco(f): 6:56pm On Jan 13, 2007
I don't know what your problem is Akolawole. Putting TTBD on my post. It is a post regarding a leading player in the English premiership so this is the right place to post it. If you don't like it, I suggest you go and create your own forum or website. I am an arsenal supporter but not going to put my posting under any of the existing Arsenal thread because you and your cronies don't like it on it's own thread. If the administrators like, they can move or remove my posting and if per chance, you are an administrator, you can do so yourself. However removing it will show the quality of a forum such as this (which sets down rules but would use other backhand tactics) and quite frankly if that is to be the case, I can take my opinions elsewhere. That won't be a problem at all.
Re: Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? by SMC(f): 7:59pm On Jan 16, 2007
Of course Igwe will retain his title. Have you seen the way he has been performing since his return? Thousands of Drogbas cannot make one Henry. Henry will soon overtake Drogba. Mark my words.
Re: Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? by ayomorocco(f): 10:57pm On Jan 16, 2007
I agree with you SMC. If Henry continues like he has over the last two weeks, he will overtake Christiano Ronaldo, Drogba and all the others ahead of him. Let us keep on watching the premiership as the second half of the season unfolds.

[size=20pt]HENRY IS DA BOMB[/size]
Re: Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? by dblock(m): 4:53am On Jan 18, 2007
Henry is a great player, let this thread be dedicated to his goal scoring abilities,

[img]http://www.desktoprating.com/wallpapers/celebrity-wallpapers-pictures/thierry-henry-in-arsenal-wallpaper-[/img]

Re: Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? by loyika(m): 9:51am On Jan 18, 2007
Miss Ayomorroco cool

Please forgive me, i am going to try and be nice to you since you are a lady!!

Now from your location, it shows you stay in the UK, and i would believe that there are laws and rules and regulations that govern every aspect of life there. But yet you chose to come onto a forum and do something silly, then have the nerve to insult someone for trying to correct you!! Please as an Arsenal supporter, do you think you can try this rubbish on Arsenal- Mania's Forum angry Just go there and register and then start any useless thread and see the way you will be treated, Or ok if they are too strict for You, Join Goonerblog and see their rules.

The fact is, we are trying to make this forum more organised. No one is saying that anybody cannot start a thread, what we are saying is that we can be civilised and post relevant stuff in relevant threads, is that too much to ask. If you start a forum and set rules, would you take kindly to someone going out of their way to sh"t on them. I think not .

So being rude will not help your case. The only Administrator here is seun, and its his forum!! Every other member has the same priviledges as you, but we pride ourselves on NL sports forum on creating friendships with those we meet, No matter the disagreement we have with them from time to time, and no matter the Club/sports we like. And in that spirit we feel a need to create a forum thats orderly and organised so that members can easily know how to be identified and ease themselves into the scope of things.

like i said earlier madam, you are very much entitled to create your own thread and have your own views, but please do have some decorum when doing so, refering to folks as "cronies" doesn't get you any friends, ANYWHERE!! Lets try and respect each other.

Anyway, welcome fellow GOONER cool (its good to see more female sports fans on the forum, livings the place up, cause all this bone to bone stuff can really be a drag sometimes wink)

cool GOONER 89
Re: Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? by ayomorocco(f): 1:01pm On Jan 18, 2007
MR LOYIKA,

I was taken aback by the venom displayed in most of your reply. I will respond to your points one after the other. First and formost, I don't know what you mean by "do something silly". Is this in reference to posting my thread? How is that silly in any way? Secondly, you are under some sort of misconception that i was "corrected". If putting "Thread to be Discontinued" on my posting without any reason given is what you deem as some form of correction, I shudder to think what you guys will do when you are being outwardly hostile. I had to go through several posts to discover what the meaning of 'TTBD' was, so please don't patronise me.  Also, you say I "insulted" Akolawole. In what way? I will like to know. If the truth be known, your reply was the one filled with insults. You should take your own advice on decorum mister.

I will like to know how I had sh*t on the rules of the forum. I read them before I created my thread. If i had in any way breached any rules, the proper thing would have been to inform me or refer me back to the appropriate section of the rules breached not to be high-handed and unilaterally make a personal decision to discontinue my thread. I may be new on the sport section, but I WILL NOT BE INTIMIDATED by anybody.

Finally, several dictionaries put the meaning of the word "CRONY" to mean a friend, companion or chum (and just so you know, cronies is the plural of the word crony). If by calling a person someones friend is offensive, I wonder what language one is supposed to use here. Frankly, I wouldn't like to be "friends" with anyone who is offended by my calling another person a chum/pal. Except you are saying that in Nigeria the word "crony" has a different meaning to the rest of the world.

I have always been civilised and respectful and will continue to be so. I came here in peace and hope I can stay in peace.

Thank you for welcoming me on here (I mean that sincerely).
Re: Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? by loyika(m): 1:49pm On Jan 18, 2007
Hmmm Miss A smiley

I have heard you, and there is really no need to continue with this as it would turn into something that would not help any of us.

Like i said, "you are welcome onboard cheesy"

P.S. "Cronies" is usually used as a sly reference to people that follow or are friends with someone that is usually painted in a bad light. You never here it used to describe the friends of a saint, Have you ever heard "Mother theresa and her Cronies" or "Nelson Mandela and his cronies", But here are the likely statements you here "saddam and his cronies", tongue or "Mugabe and his cronies". Anyway no problem, Just think Akola has garnered a reputation as big as Saddam grin grin grin

Baba Kola cool na u biko grin I am your crony grin (or as madam ayo puts it[b] PAL[/b]) for life.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? by kitaun(m): 9:18pm On Jan 18, 2007
@ Mrs Ayomorocco

What more can i say that Loyika has not said??

Pls dont take it as an affront on your person but just take it as one inevitable to move the board forward as a fellow Gooner would not knowingly try to shut you up moreso as the THREAD IS ABOUT UNDOUBTEDLY THE BEST PLAYER IN THE PREMIERSHIP kiss

Maybe like you rightly said Akola should have put an explanation to the code but Sis, can i ask why you dont want to post in any of the existing Gunner threads, u might not necessarily answer me here *maybe send me an offline and i will see if i could make a clarification*

Once again welcome to the Board, i really appreciate how well articulated your introduction post is, i wish thread openers could follow the example laid by you, and make the message body a good read

CHEERS cool
Re: Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? by ayomorocco(f): 11:39pm On Jan 18, 2007
Mr. Kitaun,

Thanks for the welcome. I have taken all advice on board and am glad you enjoyed the posting. Unfortunately, I don't know how to leave offliners on this site (I may be overlooking something). I didn't put my posting on any gunner threads because I felt that though it was a question posed about Thierry Henry, It involved all the high scoring strikers/ goalscorers of the different clubs.

Like I said before, I will endeavour to look for the appropriate threads to add my postings in future.

Oh! and F.Y.I., It's Miss ayomorocco, not Mrs (and by the grace of God soon to be Dr. in the not too distant future).

Thank you.
Re: Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? by justkunmi(m): 11:52pm On Jan 18, 2007
i came, i read and i ran away. . . . . shocked
Re: Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? by dblock(m): 12:15am On Jan 19, 2007
I'm bemused that a thread dedicated to the EPLs hottest striker since van nistelroy, is said to be some sotta spam thread
Re: Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? by kitaun(m): 12:25am On Jan 19, 2007
Dr Ayo, i meant u could send an offline message to my Yim which is on my profile, nyweiz u r welcome 1nce again and also a nice posting experience!
Re: Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? by Vieira(m): 12:40am On Jan 19, 2007
actually what exactly did she do wrong?

what is wrong with the thread?

PS. Most people in power are referred to as having cronies. i.e Blair and his cronies, Bush and his cronies.

Sometimes you peeps overreact.
Re: Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? by justkunmi(m): 12:47am On Jan 19, 2007
@viera
u just said my mind. that was why i ran away the first time.
there is nothing wrong with this thread and dont think anyone has the right to condemn a thread, no matter wat the topic is. if u dont like the topic, dont post in it.
only seun has the right to ban or remove threads!!!,
Re: Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? by kitaun(m): 2:32am On Jan 19, 2007
Ok, since the people that should know better feel otherwise, maybe the debate should begin . . .
Re: Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? by Radiant(f): 2:37am On Jan 19, 2007
Good for Henry but, best for Eto'o kiss

Re: Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? by kitaun(m): 2:46am On Jan 19, 2007
Lmao
Re: Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? by Radiant(f): 3:44am On Jan 19, 2007
He's back!!! tongue grin
Re: Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? by loyika(m): 9:13am On Jan 19, 2007
Oga V cool

Abeg, right now who in his right frame of mind would want to be refered to as Bush's or Blair's cronies grin

You and i know that, right now in the World, even being associated with Osama is being seen as being more dignified than being refered to as a Bush Crony!!

@ Jk

Ok then, we will all be watching, if ever anyone puts up a thread and you make any remark as to the relevance of the thread. No one is trying to be mean or evil here ( i do remember saying that its Seun's forum, "i even put it in bold letters"wink But i do feel its only right for us to organise ourselves and try and ease every new member into the forum.

Because as much as everyone has a right, peeps starting off threads at a whim (like Galactico ) just ain't right no matter how you or anyone tries to justify it. Like i said on other Sports forums you are not even allowed to start a thread just like that (you will be eaten alive) Oga V cool You and i know that even on Arsenal-mania you will be eaten alive if you just join then start a thread (even if the thread is quite relevant)

Anyway, this has nothing to do with Miss Ayo cool; Oh!! sorry DR Ayo wink But i still insist that we are matured enough to try and correct folks and make this place organised for everyones benefit, the only issues i see here is everyone coming to a conclusion on what we feel are relevant and irrelevant threads, Having a million threads on arsenal, can not be seen as right can it

We are all friends here, and no one is above anyone else, whether we agree or disagree, and thats the way it will stay cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? by kitaun(m): 10:28am On Jan 19, 2007
Maybe what it just means is that anybody can go ahead and post anyhow, prolly create multi threads on Berti Vogts, anoda on Siasia, maybe 1 that reads "SAF or Allardyce;who chews gum more?" or "Adebayo and Kanu;who is taller?". . . u guys have just given the Sports section to roaches if so cos no 1 will stop them, i hope u guys dont complain either when it boomerangs in our faces, time will tell . . .
Re: Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? by SirKay3(m): 11:54am On Jan 19, 2007
@ kitaun,

Easy on them please

@ All,

Henry is back with a bang. I still believe he's gonna make it, come May
Re: Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? by Vieira(m): 12:31pm On Jan 19, 2007
I am not on Arsenalmania, but I am on other forums.

and what happens is this:

If a thread is rubbish, it is either upto a moderator to remove it

Or it will die naturally when everyone ignores it becuase it is not interesting.

But by posting in the thread that it is a useless thread you are only pushing it to the top again!

Seun, needs moderators who have the time and manners to do the job right, not self appointed purveyors of what is good or not!!

@Loyika, I get your point about Blair and Bush, I was being a bit fasctious.

By the way Kituan post's I find irritating and if I had time I would have ripped him a new one.
Re: Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? by kitaun(m): 12:48pm On Jan 19, 2007
@Vieira, i see my post was taken in bad taste, lol, even yet you have not mentioned where i went wrong, self purveyors?? Methinks hell no!! Even your post reeks of malice, mind baring your heart out?
Re: Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? by Razorr(f): 12:51pm On Jan 19, 2007
shocked shocked EWELELE!

Fight wan start! If you guyz need a referee, I'm very much available. grin wink grin wink grin wink grin wink
Re: Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? by kitaun(m): 12:56pm On Jan 19, 2007
No one is fighting here gurll!
Re: Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? by loyika(m): 12:59pm On Jan 19, 2007
Oga V cool

I really do not see what was wrong in Kituan's post , he was just stating the obvious, ain't no need to turn this into an Us Vs Them thing. Cause it looks like some folks are being painted in a bad light, and that is not right.

We are all oldies here (some older than others grin) so we should at least understand each other by now.

We all agree on the basic principles, and we will leave it at that.

Like we all acknowledge; It ain't our forum, so its up to the owner to do what he wants. Lets all leave this issue to die.

Cheers all

cool GOONER 89
Re: Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? by Razorr(f): 1:07pm On Jan 19, 2007
Sh*t! Too bad. sad Was hoping for some action grin grin grin
Re: Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? by kitaun(m): 1:09pm On Jan 19, 2007
Razorr, Sorry to disappoint you, Gunners dont do themselves in!
Re: Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? by Razorr(f): 1:12pm On Jan 19, 2007
Ow, please come off it Kitaun, you only backed out after I started salivating!  grin
Re: Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? by kitaun(m): 1:18pm On Jan 19, 2007
Did you really expect any confrotation?? If i grab u there ehn!! Put ur tongue back in ur mouth girl! Why do u choose Friday as your trouble day?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos: See How Women Are Being Searched Before Entering A Stadium In Uganda / 6 Things You Need To Know About Stanley Nwabali / 27 C.ronaldo's 2013/2014. Achievements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.