Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Photos: Armed Forces Day : Anambra Joins In Celebration Commemorates Past Heros - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos: Armed Forces Day : Anambra Joins In Celebration Commemorates Past Heros (591 Views)

El-Rufai At 2018 Armed Forces Remembrance Celebration In Kaduna (Photos) / Wike At The 2018 Armed Forces Remembrance Day In Rivers (Photos) / Buhari, Osinbajo, Saraki, Dogara At The 2018 Armed Forces Remembrance Day (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: Armed Forces Day : Anambra Joins In Celebration Commemorates Past Heros by Ucheosefoh(m): 4:19pm On Jan 15, 2017
Armed Forces Day : Anambra joins in celebration

......Commemorates past heros

By John Ndu

Anambra State today joined the country for the 2017 Wreath Laying and Parade ceremonies to mark the end of 2017 Armed Forces and Remembrance Day Celebration.
The event which took place at Dr Alex Ekwueme Square, Awka witnessed Parade formation by Nigerian Army, Navy and Nigeria Legion and was earlier inspected by the Governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano, represented by his Deputy, Dr Nkem Okeke.
Present at the event were the State heads of security agencies, including the Army, Navy, Police, Federal Road safety Corps, Civil Defence among others.
Others were government officials, traditional rulers, captains of industries, to mention a few.
Describing the event, Governor Obiano said the day was significantly set aside to remember and honour the sacrifices rendered by the Nigerian Armed Forces, in which some lost their lives in discharge of their duties.

Governor Obiano noted that the Armed Forces had made the nation proud in their recent effort to arrest insecurity and other insurgence in the country.

The Governor stressed the need to adequately cater for the welfare of security agencies, adding that the state government would always promote their interest by giving them a pride of place due to their relentless commitment in safeguarding the state.

He maintained that the present peace and security in the state were as a result of their doggedness and sleepless nights in ensuring safety of Anambra people, promising that the state would continue to sustain her present security situation in the country.

While thanking God for the success of last yuletide season, Governor Obiano disclosed that his administration would ensure the state lives above economic recession, saying 2017 would be a bountiful year for the state, as tremendous amount of economic growth would be recorded, aimed towards giving the state a capital facelift.

The highlights of the event were laying of wreath , firing of 21 gun salute, and release of pigeons in honor of the past heros.
Source: http://www.thenationslight.com/2017/01/armed-forces-day-anambra-joins-in.html?m=1

Re: Photos: Armed Forces Day : Anambra Joins In Celebration Commemorates Past Heros by Ucheosefoh(m): 4:19pm On Jan 15, 2017

Re: Photos: Armed Forces Day : Anambra Joins In Celebration Commemorates Past Heros by Ucheosefoh(m): 4:23pm On Jan 15, 2017

Re: Photos: Armed Forces Day : Anambra Joins In Celebration Commemorates Past Heros by Anyenmoney(m): 5:09pm On Jan 15, 2017
I dedicate this space to the next commenter.... Anyenmoney say so.

because MMM came back, my babe decided to call me after one month of fighting. MMM i thank thee
Re: Photos: Armed Forces Day : Anambra Joins In Celebration Commemorates Past Heros by Luckylife(m): 5:22pm On Jan 15, 2017
Our fallen Heros deserve to be remembered and honoured.

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Arrest Councillor, Four Others Over Sale Of Idps Food / As A Freedom Fighter I Prefer Buhari Alive Than Dead / If I Come Out In 2019, Will You Vote For Me...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.