Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Help: Are A Programer And Software Developer? Hop In - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help: Are A Programer And Software Developer? Hop In (1092 Views)

Any Bayelsa State Programer Here!! / I Want To Be A Programer. Where Do I Start? Pls / Am Still Up Coming And I Want To Be A Software Programer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Are A Programer And Software Developer? Hop In by 1stknight(m): 8:51pm On Nov 25, 2009
i'm a newbie and i av a lot of intrest in programin' and software developin', pls i'll lyk nairaland programers to give me a link or website where i can dload ebooks on program' nd software developmen', i'll also lyk 2 gt ur advice on ur xperience and where to start from.
Re: Help: Are A Programer And Software Developer? Hop In by dotzok: 9:54pm On Nov 25, 2009
Heeeeiyyyyy!!! Thrilling! On behalf of myself and the entire tissues on ma body I WELCOME you to an unending quest! A world of fun, professionalism, creativity and intelligence. Be free to get to google and dont be distracted. Ask this simple question: What is Programming? You'd be amazed of what you' read even if you were told. There are sharp n experienced guys around here to help U. I started with QBasic (as the school curriculum directed!), aint encouraging u to start 4rm there though.
Re: Help: Are A Programer And Software Developer? Hop In by yawatide(f): 10:01pm On Nov 25, 2009
and what do posts like this end up achieving. Is this another "do you know who I am?" type post where someone will say, "I am a banker" which basically boils down to wearing a coat and tie in hot weather counting other people's money? Perhaps the topic of the thread is a bit misguided? undecided undecided

IMHO, body of post is spot on and that should be worthy of discussion from contributors.

My advice? See if you can buy (preferably) or google for an ebook on software development. Something generic then based on your locale, see if you can solicit from your peers what language is hot so that you can concentrate on that. Then take it one day at a time, give yourself an assignment to put into practice what you have learned and then go get a job for the experience before venturing into self employment.

good luck!
Re: Help: Are A Programer And Software Developer? Hop In by Seun(m): 10:05pm On Nov 25, 2009
@Yawa-ti-de:  You need to learn to be more helpful.

He asked a question.  Answer it or leave the thread alone!

OP: Visit the links on the page below:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3088/best-ways-to-teach-a-beginner-to-program
Re: Help: Are A Programer And Software Developer? Hop In by MrCrackles(m): 10:06pm On Nov 25, 2009
Seun:

Got your PM dude. . . . .
Re: Help: Are A Programer And Software Developer? Hop In by yawatide(f): 11:54pm On Nov 25, 2009

I thought I was  undecided  Do I take just what you have to say or do others, and in particular, the poster, share the same view?  undecided undecided  I don't think it is for you to say, with all due respect.  You can't speak on behalf of the original poster.  If his views reflect yours, I will duly retract.  Till then, I will take nothing back.  Sorry.

I did.  In case, you missed it, I will post it again:
My advice? See if you can buy (preferably) or google for an ebook on software development.  Something generic then based on your locale, see if you can solicit from your peers what language is hot so that you can concentrate on that.  Then take it one day at a time, give yourself an assignment to put into practice what you have learned and then go get a job for the experience before venturing into self employment.

By the way, call me jobless and hopeless but I find post #4 very shady cool

Have a good and stress-free weekend  wink
Re: Help: Are A Programer And Software Developer? Hop In by 1stknight(m): 12:18am On Nov 26, 2009
Guys tank u 4 ur kontribution,

(1) (Reply)

Need To Get This Vb6 Code Working, Pls Help! / Am I Right Or Wrong / Pls Can Some One Help Me On How To Use A Netbeans.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.