Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,779 members, 7,820,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down (40667 Views)

Photos Of Gambians Brutalised By Jammeh's Soldiers In His Final Days / Gambians React As ECOWAS Unveils Agreement Signed With Jammeh Which Favours Him / Gambians Jubilate As Yahya Jammeh Leaves Presidential Palace. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by Arsasee(m): 10:05am On Jan 16, 2017
thesicilian:
learn to separate your emotions from your arguments
Boy what are you saying? Pls Learn to stop thinking through your Anus
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by Afam4eva(m): 10:07am On Jan 16, 2017
No single life should be lost because of this Jammeh guy. If it's possible for ECOWAS or AU to use one of his kitchen staff to poison his food for peace to be maintained, then so be it.
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 16, 2017
You are not far from being right but what does the guy want after 22years of ruling. you said this because you dont know him. I lived in Gambia for 4 years and I know Jammeh. He is a dictator who has silently killed people that are against his goverment. From politicians to reporters and civillians.
Let him leave in peace or else he will leave in pieces. 22 years is enough as a ruling president. he has always rigged elections but this time around he lost it to the strong will of the masses they are fed up.

helpee:
Let us for once refuse to follow the general consensus. What if jameeh is right that the election is rigged? What is the way out? Why are the other leaders shutting him out without a fair hearing? The solution is not always war. What the ecowas leaders should do is to give everybody fair hearing...1) by helping the tiny nation with judges that can speedily hear their cases at the supreme court. 2) if need be, reorganize the election under strict reviews monitoring. The guy also deserved a fair hearing and there is a reason why electoral disputes are taken to court. What we are all saying is that he couldn't ever win. The electoral body is not infallible so the rule of law should be allowed to prevail not force

1 Like

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by africanusvu(m): 10:09am On Jan 16, 2017
Jahmeh is more muslim than Gambian.thats why he cant see war and death coming.if i can code human gene so as to isolate muslims and technological annihilate them.then i wil do it to bring peace to whole world
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by princessG35: 10:10am On Jan 16, 2017
We don't know what gej did for us.
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by thesicilian: 10:13am On Jan 16, 2017
Arsasee:

Boy what are you saying? Pls Learn to stop thinking through your Anus

1 Like

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by Arsasee(m): 10:16am On Jan 16, 2017
[quote author=thesicilian post=52848717][/quote]

What ever you reply you are more than that and reflected
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 16, 2017
helpee:
Let us for once refuse to follow the general consensus. What if jameeh is right that the election is rigged? What is the way out? Why are the other leaders shutting him out without a fair hearing? The solution is not always war. What the ecowas leaders should do is to give everybody fair hearing...1) by helping the tiny nation with judges that can speedily hear their cases at the supreme court. 2) if need be, reorganize the election under strict reviews monitoring. The guy also deserved a fair hearing and there is a reason why electoral disputes are taken to court. What we are all saying is that he couldn't ever win. The electoral body is not infallible so the rule of law should be allowed to prevail not force

I don't know who you are or where you are but common sense found you plenty.

Thank you for your comment.
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by centboy123456(m): 10:18am On Jan 16, 2017
abnsugbe:

people are blaming Jammeh forgetting he is a muslim doing allahs will

U are very right
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 16, 2017
legendte:

Bro the law is clear on this. You can't keep your seat after losing a contest. The handover date is sacrosanct. He has the right to contest the outcome of the election in court so he must step aside pending the determination of his suit. Have you not seen incumbents lose election in this country and still contest the outcome. Imo state in 2011 and Kogi state in 2016

I agree with your positiion but as @helpee stated everyone from day one believed Jammeh cant and shouldnt win the election. With such reaction did you think that Jammeh would even if he tries believe he would get a fair hearing if he steps down? You may atrribute it to him being played by the system he helped set up for 22 years but then he is human and as fearful as anyone.

I honestly hope and pray the country finds a peaceful way out of this mess.

1 Like

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by OYAY(m): 10:24am On Jan 16, 2017
helpee:

May be you were not aware when he accepted the outcome of the election and congratulates the winner only for him to recant 3days later siting phantom electoral malpractises; at what stage did he discover the malpractices? Or is he saying his agents on the field did not gave him correct on the spot situation report before the result was announced? Which will be his laxity anyway! Therefore my brother there is no second thought to be given to Jammel's decision rather than force him out since that is his wish!

1 Like

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 16, 2017
OYAY:

May be you were not aware when he accepted the outcome of the election and congratulates the winner only for him to recant 3days later siting phantom electoral malpractises; at what stage did he discover the malpractices? Or is he saying his agents on the field did not gave him correct on the spot situation report before the result was announced? Which will be his laxity anyway! Therefore my brother there is no second thought to be given to Jammel's decision rather than force him out since that is his wish!

Personally I dont give a rat ass about any politicians they are all the same both Jammeh and his opponent, my main concern is what about the fates of the ordinary people of Gambia that will bear the brunt of any military intervention?
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by 360command: 10:34am On Jan 16, 2017
Ayodeleseyi65:
When Ur Life Is Dear To You, You Don't Wait For Trouble To Unfold
he cab be like Assad in the making, you just don't know who is backing him.
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by legendte(m): 10:36am On Jan 16, 2017
woodcook:

I agree with your positiion but as @helpee stated everyone from day one believed Jammeh cant and shouldnt win the election. With such reaction did you think that Jammeh would even if he tries believe he would get a fair hearing if he steps down? You may atrribute it to him being played by the system he helped set up for 22 years but then he is human and as fearful as anyone.

I honestly hope and pray the country finds a peaceful way out of this mess.
I share your sentiment as well Bro but whatever the public opinion on the issue is, there is no shortcut here. Even if he gets support from other leaders, the bottom line is that he lost and the ultimate thing is that he must step aside to either accept the outcome or contest it.
This is why the rule of law must prevail in any democracy. OBJ used this line to rig elections those days. The idea was to influence INEC and declare PDP the winner of most of the polls. And funny thing is that the burden of proof is on him that alleges.
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by middlebelter(m): 10:46am On Jan 16, 2017
helpee:
Let us for once refuse to follow the general consensus. What if jameeh is right that the election is rigged? What is the way out? [b]Why are the other leaders shutting him out without a fair hearing? The solution is not always war. g. The guy also deserved a fair hearing and there is a reason why electoral disputes are taken to court. [/b]What we are all saying is that he couldn't ever win. The electoral body is not infallible so the rule of law should be allowed to prevail not force

I doubt if you have be following events as it unfolds in Gambia? This is someone who came to power through coup de ta. He has ruled for 22years.
Tell me if after ruling a country that long and he cannot train his citizens to become Judges, who should he be blaming?
It all depends on your definition of Fair hearing. Do you know how many times the leaders of ECOWAS have met him? At a point he refused the Chairperson of ECOWAS access to Gambia, despite the disregard, the regional body still went ahead to arrange for another meeting appealing to him to give reasons a chance.
I think it is time for him to reap the rewards of his atrocities in Gambia, that is why he's helplessly obstinate.
This is a country with a population that is less than a quarter of Lagos and PMB has travelled there at least twice to persuade himl to step down? In fact PMB shouldn't be talking to him, not even Ambode, perhaps may a Governor of Kebbi, Kogi, Ebonyi or Ekiti should be the one talking to this guy. He's simply wicked and will soon know his limits.

2 Likes

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by HqBoss: 10:51am On Jan 16, 2017
syria 2.0 loading
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by chineloSA(f): 11:00am On Jan 16, 2017
helpee:

1. He was the one who said his marble and tin can elections are fair and transparent in the whole world.
Who rigged them?

2. He conceded defeat.
Meaning he was confident in his processes created by his administration that took power by coup!!

3. He has been controlling the electroral body all these years. Just because he lost this time, then he wants to take over by force?

4. Has been in power for two long.
He doesn't wanna hand over power that he took over by coup? This man deserves Guantanamo or Mandelas jail.

There is nothing to listen. The only time to listen is in the next elections after Adama Barrows term. The voters/citizens will say what they want through marbles again.

For now, he must accept that he will be in the opposition party and step down. undecided
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by UchaNwababa: 11:02am On Jan 16, 2017
Jammeh have set a good standard others should follow suite
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by charlesucheh(m): 11:05am On Jan 16, 2017
This dude is just guarding his EGO!!! He wants to now, but doesn't know how to after accepting defeat and rescinding on it....I repeat! I still see DEJAVU on the Gbabgo's Saga!!!
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by vickylincon(m): 11:08am On Jan 16, 2017
helpee:
kudos to you bro. It takes courage to think outside the box and objectively while still standing firm on your decision. It's a rare quality. Well, you may be right
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by cybriz82(m): 11:20am On Jan 16, 2017
juliusnobisugo:
Everytime I read stories about jammeh, I just thank God for giving us Goodluck Jonathan... I just hope buhari won't follow jammehs footsteps

buhari dare try dis stunt.. trust nigerian..with their e-riot behind twitter n facebook...some go evn dey shoot e- gun for twitter sef as if na him dem dey shootm
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by ChukwuemekaVal(m): 11:24am On Jan 16, 2017
thesicilian:
Don't they have snipers to take out this Jammeh guy?
Please, if you have one, he/has a job to do for Nigerians
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by EBRAHIMJAY(m): 11:29am On Jan 16, 2017
Wish he doesn't end up like Gbagbo of ivory- coast
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by degamemaster(m): 11:32am On Jan 16, 2017
President Jammeh is not perfect but he deserves a fair hearing. Using force as a result of buhari's foolishness may cause more deaths and hardship for the people there.Buhari be wise for once!
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by Plus234(m): 11:37am On Jan 16, 2017
degamemaster:
President Jammeh is not perfect but he deserves a fair hearing. Using force as a result of buhari's foolishness may cause more deaths and hardship for the people there.Buhari be wise for once!

goat what did buhari do ?
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by enemyofprogress: 11:38am On Jan 16, 2017
Wicked African leaders
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by Dotman2210(m): 11:40am On Jan 16, 2017
Ogun asotele kipa aro toba gbon
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by mekuso89(m): 11:45am On Jan 16, 2017
safe journey yall
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by Winning123: 11:49am On Jan 16, 2017
madridguy:
I hope Jammeh won't use his greedy attitude to bring hardship upon his people. I'm sure by the time he end up like Laurent Gbagbo of Ivory Coast his eyes will clear.
Jameh as he calls himself is cursed. The blood of the innocents is crying for justice. God has hardened his heart just like Pharoah. He will go the way of Koroma, Charles Taylor and Samuel Do
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by madridguy(m): 11:57am On Jan 16, 2017
Na so.

Winning123:

Jameh as he calls himself is cursed. The blood of the innocents is crying for justice. God has hardened his heart just like Pharoah. He will go the way of Koroma, Charles Taylor and Samuel Do

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram / Israel's Navy Ready To Attack Hezbollah From The Sea Like Never Before / Emmanuel Macron, Justin Trudeau, Boris Johnson Caught On Tape Gossiping Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.