Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down (40649 Views)

Photos Of Gambians Brutalised By Jammeh's Soldiers In His Final Days / Gambians React As ECOWAS Unveils Agreement Signed With Jammeh Which Favours Him / Gambians Jubilate As Yahya Jammeh Leaves Presidential Palace. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by ebosie11(f): 8:56am On Jan 16, 2017
Below are photos of Gambia citizens leaving the country in their hundreds over imminent war, following Jammeh's refusal to step down when his tenure ends.Amb Uyero Erarawewho Jnr shared the photos yesterday and wrote.....

'My heart is heavy for the Citizens of Gambia at the moment with pictures sent to me today. Citizens are running for their life. Am calling on my brother who is also the Minister of Information Hon. Seedy S.K Njie, to join hands with President Yayeh Jammeh in bring Peace to the Republic. It is not too late we still have some days to make everything right'

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/01/gambia-citizens-leaving-their-country-n.html?m=1

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by ebosie11(f): 8:56am On Jan 16, 2017

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by madridguy(m): 9:00am On Jan 16, 2017
I hope Jammeh won't use his greedy attitude to bring hardship upon his people. I'm sure by the time he end up like Laurent Gbagbo of Ivory Coast his eyes will clear.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by Ayodeleseyi65(m): 9:02am On Jan 16, 2017
When Ur Life Is Dear To You, You Don't Wait For Trouble To Unfold

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by thesicilian: 9:10am On Jan 16, 2017
Don't they have snipers to take out this Jammeh guy?

16 Likes

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by XXLDICK(m): 9:15am On Jan 16, 2017
If na me, I go use the opportunity go seek asylum for Europe. cool

23 Likes

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by juliusnobisugo(m): 9:15am On Jan 16, 2017
Everytime I read stories about jammeh, I just thank God for giving us Goodluck Jonathan... I just hope buhari won't follow jammehs footsteps

165 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by joliyp(f): 9:15am On Jan 16, 2017
this could ve been us tanks to smart jonathan

115 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by powerfulsettingz: 9:16am On Jan 16, 2017
African leaders synonymous to greed

Meanwhile

NOTCE!!!
Hello Nairalanders
I Am Olamide by my name, who graduated last year with a National Diploma (ND) in accounting, Am seeking for an IT or JOB position suitable for a female in any firm or organisation to improve myself and the company. I reside in Ketu Lagos State. Please I will be grateful if you can help or assist by telling others on my behalf, kindly contact me on this phone number 08137581810. Thanks and waiting in anticipation for a positive feedback.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by SuperSuave(m): 9:16am On Jan 16, 2017
angry
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by MrGreenMavro: 9:16am On Jan 16, 2017
angry
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by DONSMITH123(m): 9:16am On Jan 16, 2017
African leaders with their love for power

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by Neroanna(f): 9:17am On Jan 16, 2017
embarassed
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 16, 2017
How did you know they are Gambians?They are not as strong as Nigerians.Despite Buhari lost the president 3 good times and the subsequent destruction of lives and properties that followed the devastated lose by his fulani sympathizers,nigerians didn't move an inch out of the country.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by helpee(m): 9:17am On Jan 16, 2017
Let us for once refuse to follow the general consensus. What if jameeh is right that the election is rigged? What is the way out? Why are the other leaders shutting him out without a fair hearing? The solution is not always war. What the ecowas leaders should do is to give everybody fair hearing...1) by helping the tiny nation with judges that can speedily hear their cases at the supreme court. 2) if need be, reorganize the election under strict reviews monitoring. The guy also deserved a fair hearing and there is a reason why electoral disputes are taken to court. What we are all saying is that he couldn't ever win. The electoral body is not infallible so the rule of law should be allowed to prevail not force

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by Pavore9: 9:17am On Jan 16, 2017
Sad!
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by admax(m): 9:17am On Jan 16, 2017
Man wickedness to man. 99.9% of death worldwide are caused by men, it's a pity.

I don't see any reason why African countries have decided to cause destruction in Gambia just because their president has refused to step down.

The easiest thing is to infiltrate President Yayeh Jammeh security team so they assassinate him and not start bombing arbitrarily.
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by Saintsquare(m): 9:17am On Jan 16, 2017
smh
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by julioralph(m): 9:18am On Jan 16, 2017
I don't support Jammeh, but it will be foolish of ecowas to use force

4 Likes

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by fuckingAyaya(m): 9:18am On Jan 16, 2017
this Jammeh is a real beast
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by AntiWailer: 9:18am On Jan 16, 2017
Na so
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by FILEBE(m): 9:19am On Jan 16, 2017
Afican Leaders. Did they tie your umbilical cord to the seat? If we didn't have oir own problem I would have asked Buhari to send in some troops to flog him down.

1 Like

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by Dc4life(m): 9:19am On Jan 16, 2017

In Africa, the mind set is that when you become President, you are President for life. Before colonial masters came to Africa, Africans used to have kings or other leaders for life, if they were not deposed by another warring tribe or faction. What western political systems being practiced in Africa has done, is provide a legal (constitution) and technological (military weapons) basis to continue in that same mind set. So, African leaders simply use democracy as a way to perpetuate the very same old African mentality of being a leader for life. Like in the past, the only way to remove these roque leaders from power is to depose them through internal resistance of various types to include wars. African leaders simply co-opted western political systems to perpetuate a long held belief system. So, are we surprised about the behavior of this former Gambian President? He loves democracy when it helps him grab power but he hates democracy once he is told that his time in power is up.

13 Likes

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by voicelez: 9:19am On Jan 16, 2017
where is Africa as a continent heading to

1 Like

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by 9jayes: 9:19am On Jan 16, 2017
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by emeka2847: 9:19am On Jan 16, 2017
[size=18pt]Refuse to step down abi refuse to hand over[/size]
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by lonelydora: 9:20am On Jan 16, 2017
PMB please don't waste money on sending troops. Just send army from one of these checkpoints along Enugu - Port Harcourt expressway, and see how Jammeh will run like a healdess chicken.

2 Likes

Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by 9jayes: 9:20am On Jan 16, 2017
joliyp:
this could ve been us tanks to smart jonathan
Re: Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down by emeka2847: 9:20am On Jan 16, 2017
[size=18pt] Refuse to step down abi refuse to hand over [/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ / Emmanuel Macron, Justin Trudeau, Boris Johnson Caught On Tape Gossiping Trump / Israel's Navy Ready To Attack Hezbollah From The Sea Like Never Before

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.