Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" (4668 Views)

I Look Too Young And I Find It Hard To Relate With People / I Find It Hard To Pretend Loving My Kids Equally, Help! / Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" by limitless777(m): 4:36pm On Jan 16, 2017
She has NEVER been WRONG and I mean it. Ever since we became husband and wife her words of caution and directions have without exaggerations been 97% CORRECT.

From the choice of accommodation-I remember when she told me we should move from IKORODU to Ojota three years ago and it's been a great blessing-, choice of businesses, church attendance, visits to our family members, the children's choice of school, savings and spending models and so on.

Recently and honestly I discovered i've ONLY listened and taken to less than 10% of her advices and that's brought my home and family a very very serious losses.

BUT now I'm thinking and beginning to see that for our-especially mine- visions; missions and journeys to be quicker and easier, I MUST have to start listening to her and do as she advises.

My worries are what was the reason why I find it difficult to follow her guide, advices and supportive words and have to pay direly in severally terrible ways.

I don't know how many of us men are already a victim of this or those who are not but your suggestions will/may be helpful.

thanks.
Re: Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" by thehedge(f): 4:46pm On Jan 16, 2017
you've been taking those advice from guys in NL romance section seriously, you can't take your wife's advice serious or you will be seen as a.......(they'll come tell you the word.

9 Likes

Re: Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 16, 2017
Because of your over bloated male ego. smiley

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" by thesicilian: 5:00pm On Jan 16, 2017
Pride

9 Likes

Re: Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" by ojun50(m): 5:05pm On Jan 16, 2017
My advice will nt change any tin jst go back to yr wife nd make amends

5 Likes

Re: Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" by limitless777(m): 5:05pm On Jan 16, 2017
Fabulocity:

Re: Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" by limitless777(m): 5:06pm On Jan 16, 2017
thesicilian:
Pride
Hmmmm.
so I do I help myself
Re: Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" by limitless777(m): 5:07pm On Jan 16, 2017
Fabulocity:

I understand the ego issues. but the over-; bloated?

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" by limitless777(m): 5:09pm On Jan 16, 2017
thehedge:
you've been taking those advice from guys in NL romance section seriously, you can't take your wife's advice serious or you will be seen as a.......(they'll come tell you the word.

may be they are all bad influences though
Re: Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" by raumdeuter: 5:10pm On Jan 16, 2017
Village people who want to destroy you

3 Likes

Re: Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" by Prognose: 5:17pm On Jan 16, 2017
Male ego. The need to always want to be in charge. Happens to the best of us. You have realised your mistake now and hopefully are willing to change. Good luck to you.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" by eyinjuege: 5:18pm On Jan 16, 2017
You've just been blessed to marry someone with sense, and who always thinks in depth and not just see things on the periphery.
This isn't specific to a gender. There are some men and women who are naturally prone to making stupid decisions, because they only ever think of the present and just don't have it in them to see beyond their noses.

Enjoy your blessings with an open mind.

Many men have been frustrated from making stupid decisions with no one to caution them, as their partners don't know better.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 16, 2017
limitless777:
She has NEVER been WRONG and I mean it. Ever since we became husband and wife her words of caution and directions have without exaggerations been 97% CORRECT.

From the choice of accommodation-I remember when she told me we should move from IKORODU to Ojota three years ago and it's been a great blessing-, choice of businesses, church attendance, visits to our family members, the children's choice of school, savings and spending models and so on.

Recently and honestly I discovered i've ONLY listened and taken to less than 10% of her advices and that's brought my home and family a very very serious losses.

BUT now I'm thinking and beginning to see that for our-especially mine- visions; missions and journeys to be quicker and easier, I MUST have to start listening to her and do as she advises.

My worries are what was the reason why I find it difficult to follow her guide, advices and supportive words and have to pay direly in severally terrible ways.

I don't know how many of us men are already a victim of this or those who are not but your suggestions will/may be helpful.

thanks.

Most men are that way. . . They find it difficult to accept the fact that their wives, a mere woman, someone much younger than them. . . . Could have better judgement when it comes to running the home.

What you guys forget is that it's not a slight to you, instead it's an asset you are privileged to gain from the sacrament of matrimony. Most women were made to be home keeper, it's not a competition. . . For the fact she's a woman, she's better at running the home than you . . . Women think of little things you men may consider irrelevant.

The voice of your wife is the voice of God. It's nothing to be ashamed of, just the way it is.

People may say you are being controlled by your wife (which is what most men fear anyway) but just imagine the stress you would save if you just did things her way all the time!

The end justifies the means. . .

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" by Kondomatic(m): 5:39pm On Jan 16, 2017
And why in heaven's name should I advise someone who doesn't listen to his wife?

9 Likes

Re: Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" by limitless777(m): 5:44pm On Jan 16, 2017
Ujoan:

Most men are that way. . . They find it difficult to accept the fact that their wives, a mere woman, someone much younger than them. . . . Could have better judgement when it comes to running the home.

What you guys forget is that it's not a slight to you, instead it's an asset you are privileged to gain from the sacrament of matrimony. Most women were made to be home keeper, it's not a competition. . . For the fact she's a woman, she's better at running the home than you . . . Women think of little things you men may consider irrelevant.

The voice of your wife is the voice of God. It's nothing to be ashamed of, just the way it is.

People may say you are being controlled by your wife (which is what most men fear anyway) but just imagine the stress you would save if you just did things her way all the time!

WORD
Re: Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" by thesicilian: 6:07pm On Jan 16, 2017
limitless777:

Hmmmm.

so I do I help myself
Since she has proven to be right most of the time, the least you can do is at least listen to her suggestions, weigh it against your own, and consider which is better. If hers is better then go for it. Taking suggestions from your wife (or even children) doesn't make you less of a man, it shows you are willing to be objective, to have an open mind...

3 Likes

Re: Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" by TheeDetective: 7:41pm On Jan 16, 2017
Abeg nah correct wife you get o make you cherish her well well cool. Many men are looking for such a wife with no avail. That she suggest things for you doesn’t mean you are any less of a man who can't decide for himself it simply means team work. Which would you rather prefer a woman who can’t even make a simple decision or one who makes decisions that are viable? Your call as the choice is yours.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 16, 2017
Pride.

Your mom and your wife are the only two individuals who genuinely want you to succeed totally, even way more than them.

You'd do well to heed your wife's advice and let her know how valuable she is in your life.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" by Acidosis(m): 8:11pm On Jan 16, 2017
God has given you a brain, use it!

There's nothing wrong in seeking good counsel, but people shouldn't make it sound like man is a dum.b creature whose relevance and wisdom lie in the palms of a woman.

Just thank your stars you have a good woman. Seriously speaking, some women are dum.b and their counsels are not worth taking seriously. We see them everyday on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 16, 2017
depends.

You can't expect Nairalanders to give you a specific reason without knowing your previous history.

You could have been spurned by many women in the past, or dated irrational females; leading to an unconscious condescendion for women.

You could have a sensitive ego and feel challenged when she brings in better advices than you : you're the Alpha afterall.

You could have been influenced by the torrents of bad news pouring through media and Nollywood movies : You know, the one where the wife's the one that destroys her home for no reason or
"Wife roasts Husband's balls for not acknowledging anniversary" and other bunkum like that.

There are a plethora of reasons honestly. How do you expect NLers to know the exact one

2 Likes

Re: Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 16, 2017
Acidosis:

There's nothing wrong in seeking good counsel, but people shouldn't make it sound like man is a dum.b creature whose relevance and wisdom lie in the palms of a woman.

Just thank your stars you have a good woman. Seriously speaking, some women are dum.b and their counsels are not worth taking seriously. We see them everyday on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook.
Dude, calm the mess down okay.

The poster is asking for a reason why he finds it hard to accept his wife's advices.... Not to highlight the supposed ills of women.

Seems to me NL femnists has been getting to you.....

6 Likes

Re: Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" by Acidosis(m): 8:42pm On Jan 16, 2017
SirWere:

Dude, calm the mess down okay.

The poster is asking for a reason why he finds it hard to accept his wife's advices.... Not to highlight the supposed ills of women.

Seems to me NL femnists has been getting to you.....

All mind games and coincidence.

His wife told him to relocate the family from Ikorodu to Ojota and he became blessed. I'm sure if he had moved to Surulere, he would have received more blessings.

If someone tells you to change your kids' school from Ikorodu Grammar School to Nigerian-Turkish Academy, common sense should tell you those kids will naturally do better.

That he stopped yielding to further counsel doesn't necessarily mean a thing.

There is no point relying on anyone to make common and natural decisions for you. If you have a brain, you should be able to make simple decisions like: what to eat, how to save, where to live, etc.

There is no reason anywhere. OP is simply an adult who should make some independent decisions.

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 16, 2017
Acidosis:

All mind games and coincidence.

His wife told him to relocate the family from Ikorodu to Ojota and he became blessed. I'm sure if he had moved to Surulere, he would have received more blessings.

If someone tells you to change your kids' school from Ikorodu Grammar School to Nigerian-Turkish Academy, common sense should tell you those kids will naturally do better.
Piss poor analogy and hasty Conclusion.

I'm sure there are other incidents that made the OP consider the fact that his wife gives good advices.

In any case, if she continues giving him these especially good set of coincidental advice; shouldn't he at least consider and accept them??

10 Likes

Re: Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" by Acidosis(m): 8:51pm On Jan 16, 2017
SirWere:
Piss poor analogy and hasty Conclusion.

I'm sure there are other incidents that made the OP consider the fact that his wife gives good advices.

In any case, if she continues giving him these especially good set of coincidental advice; shouldn't he at least consider and accept them??

He should work on himself.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" by limitless777(m): 9:31pm On Jan 16, 2017
SirWere:
depends.

You can't expect Nairalanders to give you a specific reason without knowing your previous history.

You could have been spurned by many women in the past, or dated irrational females; leading to an unconscious condescendion for women.

You could have a sensitive ego and feel challenged when she brings in better advices than you : you're the Alpha afterall.

You could have been influenced by the torrents of bad news pouring through media and Nollywood movies : You know, the one where the wife's the one that destroys her home for no reason or
"Wife roasts Husband's balls for not acknowledging anniversary" and other bunkum like that.

There are a plethora of reasons honestly. How do you expect NLers to know the exact one

valuable information and lessons though.
but I duff my hat for NLers THERE a BIG time intelligetsias on this platform than U imagined.
Re: Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" by limitless777(m): 9:32pm On Jan 16, 2017
Acidosis:

a great contribution.
but BROS e be like say U dey vex for some categories of women.
Re: Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 16, 2017
One word "WITCHCRAFT" grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jan 16, 2017
What you need to do is improve your own decision-making skills by communicating and rationalizing important decisions together with your wife.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" by crackhaus: 6:57am On Jan 17, 2017
Ujoan:

This has to be the most ignorant thing I've read this year.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" by Nobody: 7:07am On Jan 17, 2017
crackhaus:

This has to be the most ignorant thing I've read this year.

Coming from someone who's not likely to ever get married, I kind of understand why the meaning of my post is lost on you.

Why Don2nd leave this thread for real men who are lucky enough to have found a wife! cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" by crackhaus: 7:22am On Jan 17, 2017
Ujoan:

Coming from someone who's not likely to ever get married, I kind of understand why the meaning of my post is lost on you.

Why Don2nd leave this thread for real men who are lucky enough to have found a wife! cool
How has my marital status stopped your post from being full of scum and complete with wishful thinking?

You wish your husband listened to you more, don't you?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 17, 2017
crackhaus:

How has my marital status stopped your post from being full of scum and complete with wishful thinking?

You wish your husband listened to you more, don't you?

How do you explain the concept of colors to a blind man? undecided

This thread is waaay beyond your comprehension . . . please run along and get off my MTs!

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

A 2 Year Old Kid Is Beefing Me / Have You Seen This Photo Of A Nigerian Woman Who Had A Set Of Twins, Twice? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.