Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? (19759 Views)

Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree? / FG Begins Online Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians / When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by nmreports: 12:01pm On Jan 18, 2017
Most marketing jobs in Nigeria doesnt represent what real marketing jobs should be.

Its called jobs with chains around your neck.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by toluwalopsy(f): 12:02pm On Jan 18, 2017
Marketing jobs exposes one to so many things ranging from opportunities to insults,limited targets one has to meet and many more bad image from members of the public. Just like how I was asked to market paint for a paints company despite my degrees. It's not too good for ladies even though they attract customers cos it exposes them to assaults all in the name of meeting targets.
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by Diplomaticbeing(m): 12:03pm On Jan 18, 2017
The hidden truth is that about 98 percent of Nigerian employees are more concerned about what they can get from any organization instead of how they can help better such an organization. This is the simple reason the majority always wishes for the "assumed" hassle free positions - even when they lack the mental skill and good morality to such exalted roles.

We too like to reap where we aren't ready to sow - no wonder predators in the guise of religious leaders and ponzi schemes lives large off us.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by Bhol28: 12:04pm On Jan 18, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

But I have been in the marketing department for close to four years now undecided

If you are not good... you are not good.

Marketing is a skill... not an option.

I read Engineering but ditched it for my beloved marketing.

Go to my CV and see all the roles I have handled. From Sales Associate to Marketing Analyst to Business Development to Business Analyst. So the list continues. If you don't have the skill... you don't have the skill.I,m sure you,ve never tried marketing Insurance Policy,especially LIFE INSURANCE.

Sometimes they give me a target of 8 million per month cheesy. I meet up at least half which is a PASS mark!

P.S. I don't work on commission oo cheesy
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by nurez305(m): 12:04pm On Jan 18, 2017
Nobody want a work but a job
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by bhouze(m): 12:04pm On Jan 18, 2017
for the fact that most nigerians are looking for job does not mean that they should accept anything thrown at them. you work best when you are giving a job that you have passion for. Not every type of job is suitable for every individual.I have one simple question for you OP, do you think a marketing job will be suitable for an introvert? You quite know the answer.

just passing by sha

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by Diplomaticbeing(m): 12:05pm On Jan 18, 2017
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by sweetlaw: 12:11pm On Jan 18, 2017
Bcs in dis country it has been tagged as 'prostitution' job where any th goes.
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by emoch(m): 12:15pm On Jan 18, 2017
Let’s talk entrepreneurship - Learn the same skills that fetched me over 4 million naira in one year doing video editing on Fiverr. Whatsapp 08181311560 or visit www.fiverrsuccesscoach.com

Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by menwongo(m): 12:15pm On Jan 18, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

But I have been in the marketing department for close to four years now undecided

Go to my CV and see all the roles I have handled. From Sales Associate to Marketing Analyst to Business Development to Business Analyst. So the list continues. If you don't have the skill... you don't have the skill.

Sometimes they give me a target of 8 million per month cheesy. I meet up at least half which is a PASS mark!

After come to my village and try your skill, then you later tell me if my people will steal money to buy your product.

The fact is any product that the company need marketers are not competing favorably in the market. Company knows this but they want to exploit unemployed youths.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by idupaul: 12:16pm On Jan 18, 2017
Op it's because most Nigerians are free loaders so the love jobs where their poor performance will not be easily noticed

1 Like

Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by buwanhot(m): 12:16pm On Jan 18, 2017
There is a huge gap in sales/marketing skills and a huge misunderstanding of what sales activities are and what marketing activities are.
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by DeltahArmy(m): 12:17pm On Jan 18, 2017
Its very easy to get a marketing job in Nigeria. I started a marketing job with just 20k a month 2 years ago, now with my experience in the field I earn more than 100k a month minus my commission on sales. Marketing is bae!!!
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 18, 2017
mere 8million target kwa? Your monthly income must be very poor or pitiable

BiafranBushBoy:

Go to my CV and see all the roles I have handled. From Sales Associate to Marketing Analyst to Business Development to Business Analyst. So the list continues. If you don't have the skill... you don't have the skill.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by pressplay411(m): 12:19pm On Jan 18, 2017
Marketing is quite challenging and only suitable for persons open to dynamic work environment.

Most graduates on the other hand have the orientation of a stable work environment; resume work, sit on your desk and do your work for the day.

Marketing doesn't start up with an encouraging stipend initially, most cases it's commission based tied to your target. But marketers tend to earn far better as experience increases and targets get easier to achieve as most new clients come from referrals. Marketers even climb up corporate ladder faster than others.

But every graduate wants a job that starts with @least 250k from employment date. Even this hard times.

And of course there's the fear and pressure of Sexual exposure that comes with the territory. No company will outrightly ask their staff to sleep with clients but they expect you to get the job done however necessary. Discretion is hence strongly advised.

At the end of the day not every one has the stomach for Marketing but once you get a hang of it, it's interesting. And you have a contact base that can be very useful for you when/if you decide to start up your own business. wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by menwongo(m): 12:19pm On Jan 18, 2017
emoch:
Let’s talk entrepreneurship - Learn the same skills that fetched me over 4 million naira in one year doing video editing on Fiverr. Whatsapp 08181311560 or visit www.fiverrsuccesscoach.com

And here you are chatting in nairaland with your 4m a year.
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 18, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

You have hit the nail on the head. Please just do this experiment: go on leave for 2 months, and use it to start a marketing job for a company with salary tied to commission and come back and tell us if the shoemaker in your street doesn't start calling you customer.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 18, 2017
1) They dont take care of their staff

2) Unrealistic Targets

3) if you do not meet your target, they slash your meagre salary and cheat you.

4) They don't even pay well..and you walk under the sun and turn black

1 Like

Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by manikspears: 12:26pm On Jan 18, 2017
Medley:
In this social media and internet age, do you need to walk the street
see question?you no dey see bankers wey dey roam streets and market inside sun on Wednesdays ?na exercise you think say them dey do?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by omoseth(m): 12:27pm On Jan 18, 2017
Most marketing jobs are based on commission(some insurance coy are guilty of this), no salary attached with it. If you are lucky, they may give transportation allowance outside that, Oyo is your case. Nobody wan do suffer head work.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by LeonOgu(m): 12:29pm On Jan 18, 2017
Apart from banking and insurance marketing, please call me for other good marketing jobs. I have 5years experience in marking and a B.Sc in business related field. My number is 0706 778 9147 or 0809 057 8287. Thanks
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by BiafranBushBoy: 12:30pm On Jan 18, 2017
NgcoboP:
mere 8million target kwa? Your monthly income must be very poor or pitiable

Yea... I earn 1000 naira monthly embarassed
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by buwanhot(m): 12:32pm On Jan 18, 2017
Selling/marketing is a must for every entrepreneur. Its a skill that can be learned. Sales people must understand why and how people buy.
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by buwanhot(m): 12:35pm On Jan 18, 2017
Medley:
In this social media and internet age, do you need to walk the street
Offline marketing is very critical, if you are into B2B sales.
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by menwongo(m): 12:36pm On Jan 18, 2017
kidman96:
WHEN THERE ARE GOOD AND BETTER VACANCIES IN THEIR COMPAMIES AND ORGANISATIONS THEY GIVE THE ROLES TO THEIR RELATIVES. WHEN THERE ARE MARKETING ROLES THAT PEOPLE HAVE TO SWEAT TO PAY SALARIES OF OTHER STAFF SITTING IN THE OFFICE THEY ADVERTISE. THEY SHOULD ALSO GIVE MARKETING JOBS TO THEIR RELATIVES.

Thank you sir. After someone will say marketing is a skill, marketing this.
Why can't they carry bible and sell it in muslim community or Quran and market them in christian state, just to test run thier skill.

'When there is demand there's supply'

1 Like

Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by Sirdayor(m): 12:38pm On Jan 18, 2017
Simply Laziness!!!
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by menwongo(m): 12:40pm On Jan 18, 2017
LeonOgu:
Apart from banking and insurance marketing, please call me for other good marketing jobs. I have 5years experience in marking and a B.Sc in business related field. My number is 0706 778 9147 or 0809 057 8287. Thanks

Try GNLD and thank me later.
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by Ignyte(m): 12:41pm On Jan 18, 2017
Who dey give Marketing job abeg. I want
Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by menwongo(m): 12:42pm On Jan 18, 2017
manikspears:

see question?you no dey see bankers wey dey roam streets and market inside sun on Wednesdays ?na exercise you think say them dey do?

Leave am he want form internet guru.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by mikolo80: 12:51pm On Jan 18, 2017
Usually anything that requires marketing isn't worth it and the owners know, that's why they don't spend money on advertising instead looking for poor unfortunate jobless desperate graduates to be working on commission.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by caniva(m): 1:05pm On Jan 18, 2017
Because it is better to TREK for Buhari and get media attention than to TREK for Marketing Job.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Unemployed Nigerians Want A Job But Reject Marketing Job At All Cost? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 18, 2017
My heart goes out to those well dressed bank marketers at oshodi bus stop standing under the sun and handing out account forms to potential customers to fill. I am usually embarrassed on their behalf.
And they usually have to spend the better part of their money to look 'sharp'.

Even banks dont tell you sometimes that your job is marketing, till after employment. Sad but true. They know many will run.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Job Hunting In The City Of Abuja / MTN Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment (7 Positions) / What Happened To Me When I Got A Big Pay Inventory Manager Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.