Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,684 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World (4916 Views)

Alph Lukau: Meet The Richest Pastor In The World With Net Worth Of $1 Billion / How Many Christian Are Fasting This Ramadan / Ten Richest Pastors In Nigeria 2017 And Their Net Worth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World by Runninghare(m): 3:17pm On Jan 17, 2017
I had a rather bizarre claim levelled at me today, that the majority of the top twenty richest people in the world were atheist. I thought this sounded like bullshit, so me being me, I checked.

Now, atheism is correlated with intelligence and education, so you would expect the number of atheists to be higher amongst the most successful people in the world. Of course, wealth isn’t entirely analogous to talent, since a lot of it is inherited or ‘old money’, but still with a (rough) world figure of 15% atheistic you might expect two or more of the top 20 to be atheists.

1. Carlos Slim Helu – Christian
2. Bill Gates – Atheist
3. Amancio Ortega – Christian
4. Warren Buffet – Agnostic
5. Larry Ellison – Agnostic Jew
6. Charles Koch – Christian
7. David Koch – Christian
8. Li Ka-Shing – Buddhist
9. Liliane Bettincourt – Jewish (by marriage)
10. Bernard Arnault – Catholic
11. Christy Walton – Christian
12. Stefan Persson – Christian
13. Michael Bloomberg – Jewish
14. Jim Walton – Unknown
15. Sheldon Adelson – Jewish
16. Alice Walton – Christian
17. S. Robson Walton – Christian
18. Karl Albrecht – Christian
19. Jeff Bezos – Christian
20. Larry Page – Atheist

If we count agnostics, that only 4/20, nowhere near 17/20 and of those I know Gates and Buffet have been extremely philanthropic via the Gates foundation, tackling genuine global issues of poverty, starvation and disease. While checking on the religions of the others in this list I found little outside religious donations, Christian summer camps and the like.

In short, religion seems to be no particular guide to someone’s charitable status or generosity and if you are religious, much of your effort seems to be diverted into the pockets of religion and perpetuating that faith.

https://athefist./2014/02/13/the-beliefs-of-the-richest-people/
Re: Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World by Weblow: 3:25pm On Jan 17, 2017
Rubish ar they usin the money to preach or protect christian from the clueles jihadists or the wan u the money fly go heaven
Re: Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World by ValentineMary(m): 3:27pm On Jan 17, 2017
So what does this prove
Re: Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World by randomperson: 3:44pm On Jan 17, 2017
Many of the poorest people and countries in the world are also Christian... So...
Re: Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World by felixomor: 4:17pm On Jan 17, 2017
randomperson:
Many of the poorest people and countries in the world are also Christian... So...

Like which Christian country?

2 Likes

Re: Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World by randomperson: 7:05pm On Jan 17, 2017
felixomor:

Like which Christian country?
Like DR Congo. The poorest country in the world by 2011 UN rankings. Also has 70% Christian population... Tough luck, eh? cool
Modified
Sorry.... Meant 80% Christian population
Re: Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World by felixomor: 7:07pm On Jan 17, 2017
randomperson:

Like DR Congo. The poorest country in the world by 2011 UN rankings. Also has 70% Christian population... Tough luck, eh? cool

Hehehehe, when did dr congo become Christian country? grin
Lol
So using ur logic, do u agree nigeria is a Christian country?

Chai......
I laff in Swahili...
Re: Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World by randomperson: 7:11pm On Jan 17, 2017
felixomor:

Hehehehe, when did dr congo become Christian country? grin
Lol
So using ur logic, do u agree nigeria is a Christian country?

Chai......
I laff in Swahili...
Oh... Christians make up the majority of the people there 80%... Christians are only 40% of Nigeria's population but I guess u don't know that...
Anyways, point is proven. There are many poor Christians all over the world especially in that part of the world where they really worship God a lot... God is a jerk, isn't he?
Re: Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World by felixomor: 7:12pm On Jan 17, 2017
randomperson:

Oh... Christians make up the majority of the people there 80%... Christians are only 40% of Nigeria's population but I guess u don't know that...
Anyways, point is proven. There are many poor Christians all over the world especially in that part of the world where they really worship God a lot... God is a jerk, isn't he?

Please which reference did u use to estimate 40% Nigeria as Christians?
Re: Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World by hahn(m): 7:13pm On Jan 17, 2017
randomperson:

God loves the poor and blesses the rich - Sonoflucifer

grin

3 Likes

Re: Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World by randomperson: 7:19pm On Jan 17, 2017
felixomor:

Please which reference did u use to estimate 40% Nigeria as Christians?
Well if u read other books apart from the bible, especially those that talk about your environment, u would know these things.... U are welcome anyways cool
Re: Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World by felixomor: 7:21pm On Jan 17, 2017
randomperson:

Well if u read other books apart from the bible, especially those that talk about your environment, u would know these things.... U are welcome anyways cool

Haha ha ha ..... grin

What a way to escape after discovering u quoted nonsense .......

Re: Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World by hahn(m): 7:32pm On Jan 17, 2017
randomperson:

Just over 50 percent of the people are Christians, who form the majority in southern Nigeria; Muslims account for another 45 percent of the population, largely living in northern Nigeria. There are 30 million Catholics in the country.

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joop-koopman/if-nigeria-falls-to-islamic-extremists_b_4532300.html

Even though I would prefer more people to be rational thinkers it is way better there are more Christians than Muslims because Christians are less likely to react violently and think more rationally.

Overall, Nigeria is a religious country and still among the poorest in the world

I guess Allah and Jehovah are simply incompetent and enjoy watching it's best followers wallow away in poverty

smiley

3 Likes

Re: Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World by randomperson: 7:36pm On Jan 17, 2017
felixomor:

Haha ha ha ..... grin

I know u want to digress from the topic of poor Christians, http://www.indexmundi.com/nigeria/demographics_profile.html
So u want to discuss if there are many poor Christians or not
Re: Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jan 17, 2017
randomperson:
The poorest countries on earth are muslim dominated countries.
Re: Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World by felixomor: 7:43pm On Jan 17, 2017
randomperson:

I know u want to digress from the topic of poor Christians, http://www.indexmundi.com/nigeria/demographics_profile.html
So u want to discuss if there are many poor Christians or not

Mscheww.
Please give me official census figures

Not political ones.
You should know how to these things work now?
Re: Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World by randomperson: 7:44pm On Jan 17, 2017
Revelation1:
The poorest countries on earth are muslim dominated countries.

Many of them are also Christian dominated... Congo DRC, adjusted by UN to be the poorest in the world has about 80% Christians.
Re: Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 17, 2017
randomperson:

Many of them are also Christian dominated... Congo DRC, adjusted by UN to be the poorest in the world has about 80% Christians.
Lol Congo is in Africa nah, most Afrikan countries are extremely poor.
Re: Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World by randomperson: 7:52pm On Jan 17, 2017
Revelation1:
Lol Congo is in Africa nah, most Afrikan countries are extremely poor.
So... The Christians in Congo are not true Christians. The Op mentioned rich Christians, all in Europe and the western world, u had no issue with that... The poor Muslim dominated countries u mentioned, are most of them not in Africa?? Why double standards...
Re: Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World by randomperson: 7:54pm On Jan 17, 2017
felixomor:

Mscheww.
Please give me official census figures

Not political ones.
You should know how to these things work now?
See this learner... U don't know census figures are the most political. With all states and regions inflating their figures because of federal subvention...
Re: Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World by felixomor: 8:13pm On Jan 17, 2017
randomperson:

See this learner... U don't know census figures are the most political. With all states and regions inflating their figures because of federal subvention...

Good.
But still better than this hogwash
Re: Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World by randomperson: 8:17pm On Jan 17, 2017
felixomor:

Good.
But still better than this hogwash
So can we discuss whether there are many poor Christians now? smiley
Re: Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 17, 2017
randomperson:

So... The Christians in Congo are not true Christians. The Op mentioned rich Christians, all in Europe and the western world, u had no issue with that... The poor Muslim dominated countries u mentioned, are most of them not in Africa?? Why double standards...
Who said we don't have poor people in christianity? I never said that, of course there are poor people in every religion, race, country, when I said muslim dominated countries, I mean countries like Pakistan, Yemen, Lebanon, Egypt, Syria, Algeria, Tunisia, Chad, Niger, Maldives, Afghanistan, Azbeijan, their list is countless, now compare those muslim countries I mentioned with christian dominated countries, Muslim countries are very poor because of these two things, High birth rate. Christians don't breed like rats. Another reason why muslim countries are extremely poor is rampant terrorism and lack of education.

Christian countries are leading in science and technology, sports, tourism. America, Leicheisten, Switzerland. The list is endless.
Re: Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World by felixomor: 8:20pm On Jan 17, 2017
randomperson:

So can we discuss whether there are many poor Christians now? smiley

Nah.
Get correct figures
Besides DRC is not a state religion country
Re: Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World by randomperson: 8:26pm On Jan 17, 2017
felixomor:

Nah.
Get correct figures
Besides DRC is not a state religion country
Haha...
DRC is a Christian dominated country, it's the poorest in the world... There are many poor Christians in DRC... That's the issue, u can't contest that fact, that's why u are looking to digress. Nice try tho
Re: Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World by felixomor: 8:28pm On Jan 17, 2017
randomperson:

Haha...
DRC is a Christian dominated country, it's the poorest in the world... There are many poor Christians in DRC... That's the issue, u can't contest that fact, that's why u are looking to digress. Nice try tho

Christian dominated is different from Christian country.

So is nigeria muslim country?
Going by your stats?
Re: Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World by randomperson: 8:35pm On Jan 17, 2017
Revelation1:
Who said we don't have poor people in christianity? I never said that, of course there are poor people in every religion, race, country, when I said muslim dominated countries, I mean countries like Pakistan, Yemen, Lebanon, Egypt, Syria, Algeria, Tunisia, Chad, Niger, Maldives, Afghanistan, Azbeijan, their list is countless, now compare those muslim countries I mentioned with christian dominated countries, Muslim countries are very poor because of these two things, High birth rate. Christians don't breed like rats. Another reason why muslim countries are extremely poor is rampant terrorism and lack of education.

Christian countries are leading in science and technology, sports, tourism. America, Leicheisten, Switzerland. The list is endless.

Muslim countries like Qatar, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait are crazy rich. Countries like Switzerland and other developed countries that u refer to as Christian countries are having a decline in their religious population... They are getting less religious... The most religious Christian countries are struggling while the ones rejecting Christianity are thriving...
Also countries like Egypt, Yemen and Lebanon are not as poor as Congo CAR, Malawi, Liberia... African countries are poorer than Arab countries
Re: Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World by randomperson: 8:38pm On Jan 17, 2017
felixomor:

Christian dominated is different from Christian country.

So is nigeria muslim country?
Going by your stats?
The point is there are poor Christians and a Christian dominated country proves that point...
And Muslims are not more than half of the population in Nigeria, so Nigeria is not even Muslim dominated... Congo however have 80% Christians, and are the poorest countries in the world
Re: Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 17, 2017
randomperson:

Muslim countries like Qatar, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait are crazy rich. Countries like Switzerland and other developed countries that u refer to as Christian countries are having a decline in their religious population... They are getting less religious... The most religious Christian countries are struggling while the ones rejecting Christianity are thriving...
Also countries like Egypt, Yemen and Lebanon are not as poor as Congo CAR, Malawi, Liberia... African countries are poorer than Arab countries
Are you a muslim? Only a muslim will say this, I guess Germany is also a muslim country? Having the largest economy in Europe you will also say that majority of them are dumping christianity for atheism.

As for Congo being the poorest country in Afrika, I bet in next 4 yrs coming Nigeria excluding Southern Nigeria will be poorer than Congo .

Mention ten rich muslim countries you know, I will mention mine too.
Re: Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World by Auki: 10:34pm On Jan 17, 2017
Revelation1:

As for Congo being the poorest country in Afrika, I bet in next 4 yrs coming Nigeria excluding Southern Nigeria will be poorer than Congo .

Mention ten rich muslim countries you know, I will mention mine too.

Christian countries are broadly wealthier than Muslim countries.

However, being richer is not an indication of being favoured by God. Pharoah left pyramids, a clear demonstration of wealth and power he had. Moses left no block but overwhelmingly more blessed than pharaoh. History has shown that most disciples of all the God prophets were poor and despise by their affluent ones.
Re: Christian's Are The Richest Men In The World by HCpaul(m): 2:15am On Jan 18, 2017
felixomor:

Haha ha ha ..... grin

@Bolded, is that how Jesus taught you guys?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where does Satan currently live? / Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide 2 / How Can We Experience True Freedom In Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.