Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,383 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Nigeria 'sends' Warship To The Gambia,Jhammeh Declares 90-day State Of Emergency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria 'sends' Warship To The Gambia,Jhammeh Declares 90-day State Of Emergency (56182 Views)

FFK: "Nnamdi Kanu Kept On Naval Warship Off The Coast Of Bayelsa By Buhari" / Nigeria Sends Airplane To Sierra Leone To Deliver Humanitarian Aid (Photo) / Jammeh Declares 90- Day State Of Emergency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria 'sends' Warship To The Gambia,Jhammeh Declares 90-day State Of Emergency by owanguy(m): 6:25pm On Jan 17, 2017
AFRICAN AND POWER ARE LIKE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 'sends' Warship To The Gambia,Jhammeh Declares 90-day State Of Emergency by Funlordjnr: 6:25pm On Jan 17, 2017
As e dey hot! Jammeh sorry oh! grin

Jammeh: "but no be like this buhari talk am na? Haba!

Jazzman olofin: "oga fear don dey catch me oh!"

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria 'sends' Warship To The Gambia,Jhammeh Declares 90-day State Of Emergency by sagitariusbaby(m): 6:27pm On Jan 17, 2017
My fvck is too expensive to give

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 'sends' Warship To The Gambia,Jhammeh Declares 90-day State Of Emergency by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 17, 2017
redcliff:
President Buhari should release Nnamdi Kanu according to the Ecowas court. You are coming to equity but you are not coming in with clean hands!

Well said. He who seeks equity must do equity.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 'sends' Warship To The Gambia,Jhammeh Declares 90-day State Of Emergency by knightsson: 6:28pm On Jan 17, 2017
redcliff:
President Buhari should release Nnamdi Kanu according to the Ecowas court. You are coming to equity but you are not coming in with clean hands!

Who is Nnamdi Kanu? you mean Albino Director?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria 'sends' Warship To The Gambia,Jhammeh Declares 90-day State Of Emergency by RealLordZeus(m): 6:29pm On Jan 17, 2017
Observing
Re: Nigeria 'sends' Warship To The Gambia,Jhammeh Declares 90-day State Of Emergency by knightsson: 6:29pm On Jan 17, 2017
This is a welcome development. Next should be chad.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 'sends' Warship To The Gambia,Jhammeh Declares 90-day State Of Emergency by LifeofAirforce1: 6:30pm On Jan 17, 2017
Good.

since he ha decided to disgrace himself

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 'sends' Warship To The Gambia,Jhammeh Declares 90-day State Of Emergency by nextstep(m): 6:30pm On Jan 17, 2017
dukie25:
Buhari recently sent Police recruits to Somalia, now warship to the Gambia what about Southern Kaduna?

God will punish not just Buhari but those zombies that voted for him.

Buhari lost election 3 times, and he went to court 3 times.

Hypocrisy is Buhari telling Jammeh to obey the rule of law why he himself doesn't.

Ironically, and contrary to what you say, Buhari obeyed the rule of law by going to the courts. IF the courts could not sit, oh well.
Buhari was not a president that lost the vote, then insisted on staying in power. There's a crucial difference.

Jammeh is free to step down, then challenge the results in the courts when next they are in session, if he truly believes he is in the right.

But forget all that... 8 years is enough for anybody. He has overstayed by decades....

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria 'sends' Warship To The Gambia,Jhammeh Declares 90-day State Of Emergency by Afobear2: 6:31pm On Jan 17, 2017
Mynd44:

As set by Gowon.

It is good we are taking the initiative, no chance for some sit tight mad president to start feeling like he cannot be ousted. His jail term will be mesured in the amount of sand in the Sahara
come oga why you ban me ? because ritababe na your girl?
Re: Nigeria 'sends' Warship To The Gambia,Jhammeh Declares 90-day State Of Emergency by PatriotTemidayo: 6:33pm On Jan 17, 2017
We swallow paracetamol over others' headaches, human being are dying in droves in kaduna, yet the president says he doesn't have to speak about everything.............
Pendantic show-offism. undecided
Re: Nigeria 'sends' Warship To The Gambia,Jhammeh Declares 90-day State Of Emergency by dukie25: 6:34pm On Jan 17, 2017
nextstep:

Ironically, and contrary to what you say, Buhari obeyed the rule of law by going to the courts. IF the courts could not sit, oh well.
Buhari was not a president that lost the vote, then insisted on staying in power. There's a crucial difference.

Jammeh is free to step down, then challenge the results in the courts when next they are in session, if he truly believes he is in the right.

But forget all that... 8 years is enough for anybody. He has overstayed by decades....

Jammeh has also gone to court. Check the released audio of his chat with Liberian President.
Re: Nigeria 'sends' Warship To The Gambia,Jhammeh Declares 90-day State Of Emergency by Johnsown1(m): 6:34pm On Jan 17, 2017
Ask4Info:
Why waste Such resources? I am So pissed right now. Jammeh doesn't need such sophisticated weaponry to oust him.

With my 2 Canoes, Catapult, Bow and Arrow and Dagger, i will chase that guy out of Gambia in no time.

Warship for Tiny Gambia wey no Big pass Victoria Island and Ikoyi? Buratai you fall my hand.

100 UNARMED boyscouts from a Nigeria Primary School will pursue that man. Our Man O War is too much for them

Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 'sends' Warship To The Gambia,Jhammeh Declares 90-day State Of Emergency by duni04(m): 6:37pm On Jan 17, 2017
redcliff:
I'm not aware of any ECOWAS court ruling ordering the release of that arsonist and terrorist KANU. No court of competent Jurisdiction will even ask any government anywhere to release someone accused of treasonable felony.
Please stop spreading false information and apologise to the people of Nairaland that you've deliberately and stupidly misinformed.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria 'sends' Warship To The Gambia,Jhammeh Declares 90-day State Of Emergency by Marius26(m): 6:37pm On Jan 17, 2017
Well it's kind of buhari to do the needful but, he should start writing his own hand over notes because such treatment awaits him if fails.
Re: Nigeria 'sends' Warship To The Gambia,Jhammeh Declares 90-day State Of Emergency by nextstep(m): 6:38pm On Jan 17, 2017
dukie25:

Jammeh has also gone to court. Check the released audio of his chat with Liberian President.

But the court could not sit, was my understanding. So he needs to retry when they can sit.

Ironically, this would not have happened if he had spent his years developing the judiciary.

If he had declared winner, and the aspirant was the one protesting, I could see how he could remain in office until the courts decide.
However, he was not declared winner, and so much allow the aspirant to step in, then wait until the courts decide.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 'sends' Warship To The Gambia,Jhammeh Declares 90-day State Of Emergency by diva90: 6:39pm On Jan 17, 2017
The man will not leave ...so they should trash him out of office.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 'sends' Warship To The Gambia,Jhammeh Declares 90-day State Of Emergency by ollaxworld: 6:40pm On Jan 17, 2017
Buhari is a joke
Re: Nigeria 'sends' Warship To The Gambia,Jhammeh Declares 90-day State Of Emergency by Kiakia(m): 6:41pm On Jan 17, 2017
wawappl:

Nigeria’s newest warship, the NNS Unity, is sailing towards The Gambia ahead of possible military intervention over President Yahya Jammeh's refusal to accept election defeat and step down when his term expires on Thursday.

A Nigerian military source tells the BBC that the patrol vessel is currently sailing off the coast of Ghana after leaving from the commercial caital, Lagos.

The initial aim is to put on a show of force rather than to launch an attack.

Senegal is preparing ground troops ahead of Thursday’s deadline.

The Gambia’s tiny army is no match for the regional powers. In recent years, President Jammeh has been promoting his loyalists, including army chief Ousman Badjie, to ranks beyond their competence.

This has further downgraded its military capabilities.

The regional body, Ecowas, has sad that military intervention will be a last resort to bring an end to the political deadlock in The Gambia.

Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari has been leading mediation efforts to persuade Mr Jammeh to hand power to former estate agent Adama Barrow, who won the 1 December election.

Also,
Outgoing Gambian President Yahya Jammeh declares 90-day state of emergency two days before expected handover

http://www.bbc.com/news/world/africa/live
Jammeh have no powers to issue a ninety day state of emergency. His tenure is due to expire in less than forty eight hours.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 'sends' Warship To The Gambia,Jhammeh Declares 90-day State Of Emergency by mascotafltd: 6:45pm On Jan 17, 2017
Please those officer should check the warship if there is deisle inside because Niger is broke
Re: Nigeria 'sends' Warship To The Gambia,Jhammeh Declares 90-day State Of Emergency by misterawo: 6:46pm On Jan 17, 2017
I can't wait for Buhari to be disgraced by Jammeh. I trust the Gambian troops to send the poorly-trained poorly-motivated Nigerian ragtag marines on their heels. Many will drown in Gambian crocodile-infested rivers, providing the needed nourishment for the aquatic animals.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria 'sends' Warship To The Gambia,Jhammeh Declares 90-day State Of Emergency by Day11(m): 6:47pm On Jan 17, 2017
Bubu...won colonise Gambia

Bubu sef angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 'sends' Warship To The Gambia,Jhammeh Declares 90-day State Of Emergency by Terror666(m): 6:48pm On Jan 17, 2017
warship for small Gambia, why not send all these cultist and save us our resources

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria 'sends' Warship To The Gambia,Jhammeh Declares 90-day State Of Emergency by Ezionye(f): 6:50pm On Jan 17, 2017
Warship ko, warship ni undecided
Re: Nigeria 'sends' Warship To The Gambia,Jhammeh Declares 90-day State Of Emergency by Lifestone(m): 6:50pm On Jan 17, 2017
Jeoma11:
Nigeria wants to go back to the days of making Africa the Centre piece of her foreign policy
A sign you've been around for a while
Re: Nigeria 'sends' Warship To The Gambia,Jhammeh Declares 90-day State Of Emergency by Day11(m): 6:51pm On Jan 17, 2017
misterawo:
I can't wait for Buhari to be disgraced by Jammeh. I trust the Gambian troops to send the poorly-trained poorly-motivated Nigerian ragtag marines on their heels. Many will drown in Gambian crocodile-infested rivers, providing the needed nourishment for the aquatic mammals.

I catch d sarcasm but lemme wake u up from ur sleep. Gambia soldiers will never raise a weapon against their big brother/daddy Nigeria. Is gonna be Genocide to d world

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria 'sends' Warship To The Gambia,Jhammeh Declares 90-day State Of Emergency by AngelicBeing: 6:54pm On Jan 17, 2017
cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fire Engulfs Sunday Igboho's Old House In Soka, Ibadan / Adamawa Delegates Wear Tinubu Logo Caps In Abuja (Pictures) / A Governor Collected N500m New Notes From One Bank – El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.