Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

How Can I Verify If A Car Was A Stolen Car.... - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Can I Verify If A Car Was A Stolen Car.... (1059 Views)

Which Car Was Your First Car? / Help!! This Car Was Stolen In Onitsha This Morning (Photo) / How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Verify If A Car Was A Stolen Car.... by bashbae: 6:23am On Jan 18, 2017
Gudmorning my fellow Nlander's

I want to pay for a Honda Accord car ( Baby Boy) ,since it's Nigeria used, please does anyone here know how to verify a car to know if it was a stolen car, Though it's a friend and colleague that took me to his Auto Mechanic ,whom brought the seller, so in other to get my side covered as i don't want stories that touches . How can i verify if the car is person's car or stolen.

Please help a troubled brother here

Thanks
Re: How Can I Verify If A Car Was A Stolen Car.... by kingreign(m): 6:31am On Jan 18, 2017
bashbae:

I want to pay for a Honda Accord car ( Baby Boy) ,since it's Nigeria used, please does anyone here know how to verify a car to know if it was a stolen car, Though it's a friend and colleague that took me to his Auto Mechanic ,whom brought the seller, so in other to get my side covered as i don't want stories that touches . How can i verify if the car is person's car or stolen.

Thanks
Go thru all the documents and ensure they're original, and ask the seller for proof of identification which must match that of the car, like his original driver's licence, international passport etc,
Take the chassis number and plate number plus photocopies of the vehicle's documents to FRSC/VIO, if you can't find any criminal records, (now deceitful dealers connive with FRSC/VIO to wipe out database of a car from their systems) take the dealer/seller to police station and court to sign a court affidavit and police report stating that the car he is selling is NOT stolen and if it is, he should be held liable and not you.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Verify If A Car Was A Stolen Car.... by Nobody: 6:47am On Jan 18, 2017
kingreign:

Go thru all the documents and ensure they're original, and ask the seller for proof of identification which must match that of the car, like his original driver's licence, international passport etc,
Take the chassis number and plate number plus photocopies of the vehicle's documents to FRSC/VIO, if you can't find any criminal records, (now deceitful dealers connive with FRSC/VIO to wipe out database of a car from their systems) take the dealer/seller to police station and court to sign a court affidavit and police report stating that the car he is selling is NOT stolen and if it is, he should be held liable and not you.
nice one Mikey

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Verify If A Car Was A Stolen Car.... by bashbae: 6:58am On Jan 18, 2017
my thought also going to the police state and court. Thanks for that

kingreign:

Re: How Can I Verify If A Car Was A Stolen Car.... by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:03am On Jan 18, 2017
bashbae:

Thanks

dem still de steal baby boy? undecided
Re: How Can I Verify If A Car Was A Stolen Car.... by Nobody: 7:53am On Jan 18, 2017
Just pray, buy and drive...
You can never be so sure.
Always remember that.

Weird fact:
49% of all Direct Belgium vehicles are originally stolen vehicles.
Re: How Can I Verify If A Car Was A Stolen Car.... by TPound(m): 6:36pm On Jan 20, 2017
Verify it on www.legitcar.ng
Re: How Can I Verify If A Car Was A Stolen Car.... by Akaewu: 11:16pm On Jan 20, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Maube he got it cheap. So he has doubts
Re: How Can I Verify If A Car Was A Stolen Car.... by ukandi1(m): 4:18pm On Jan 21, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

They just stole one at about 5:30a.m from a guy returning from winners chapel all night today. Sad thing is they killed d guy. No trace of d vehicle till now. I suspect the EMENE police . Enugu

(1) (Reply)

Tesla Issues Software Update To Help Owners Flee Hurricane Irma In Florida / 2007 Toyota Camry Xle For Sale / How To Perfectly Control A Tire Blowout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.