Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,775 members, 7,955,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:45 PM

William Onyeabor Is Dead! - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / William Onyeabor Is Dead! (26183 Views)

Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Is Dead [photo] / Famous Nigerian Musician William Onyeabor Is Dead / Legendary Nigerian Musician, William Onyeabor Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by MrPresident1: 9:18am On Jan 18, 2017
cry

When the going is good and good, many many people will be your friend cry
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by Enemyofpeace: 9:22am On Jan 18, 2017
What made him to be a legend? People go just dey use words just to sound big.Mtcheeeeew
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by fippycbk(m): 9:24am On Jan 18, 2017
So na this guy song Timaya use get inspiration sing "Money"
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by Sanchez01: 9:25am On Jan 18, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:
:' His first son, Charles who is currently in Italy confirmed his death exclusively to LIB saying, 'yea, my dad is dead. He died peacefully on Monday January 16, 2017 at his palace in Enugu".

RIP to the Legend...

But

Why do ENUGU people brag a lot...

Legendary musicians take pride in describing themselves as 'kings', and their residence, their palace. 'King' Sunny Ade, 'King' Wasiu Ayinde Marshall, etc... This has nothing to do with a particular people or state.

3 Likes

Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by stsinner: 9:27am On Jan 18, 2017
Fedayeen02:
When the going is good and gone cheesy The birthday song in late 80s
Rip
broda,ur head dey there. The man gave me one of the best songs of all time. R.i.p w.Onyeabor
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by SalomonKane: 9:29am On Jan 18, 2017
I can't and won't say R.I.P, cos you're not dead sir, your live in the music you made.

Thank you for singing sense that make so much sense even till today. smiley

1 Like

Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by HCF(m): 9:33am On Jan 18, 2017
What a loss!. His most popular track remains a masterpiece till date...
'when the going is smooth and good, many many people will be your friend........But when the going becomes tough, many of them will run away......HAYA! HAYA!!HAYA!!! HAYA!!!! HAYA.......!!!!!'

RIP!
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by midastouch: 9:35am On Jan 18, 2017
'Fantastic Man' (Full Length) - A Film About William Onyeabor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiaRp0M2fxE

1 Like

Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by midastouch: 9:36am On Jan 18, 2017
Sanchez01:

Legendary musicians take pride in describing themselves as 'kings', and their residence, their palace. 'King' Sunny Ade, 'King' Wasiu Ayinde Marshall, etc... This has nothing to do with a particular people or state.

HRH William Onyeabor is actually a traditional ruler in Enugu State.
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by Sanchez01: 9:41am On Jan 18, 2017
midastouch:

HRH William Onyeabor is actually a traditional ruler in Enugu State.
Thank you for adding this. I guess that about puts an end to the palace.
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by Baroba(m): 9:43am On Jan 18, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:
:' His first son, Charles who is currently in Italy confirmed his death exclusively to LIB saying, 'yea, my dad is dead. He died peacefully on Monday January 16, 2017 at his palace in Enugu".

RIP to the Legend...

But

I dont know where you get the idea Enugu folks brag, anyway William Onyeabor built his palace in the ,80s and called it EZECHUKWU'S PALACE.. looking at the building who are we to argue.. And he happened to be a Chief in Nkanu.. RIP

2 Likes

Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by CyberWolf: 9:44am On Jan 18, 2017
Chai .. Good old days.. "Knack you down down down down down down" grin grin grin .. Enjoyed this song back then in primary school during end of the term party.. RIP
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by Baroba(m): 9:52am On Jan 18, 2017
Enemyofpeace:
What made him to be a legend? People go just dey use words just to sound big.Mtcheeeeew

Google Willy Onyeabor, the fact Nigerians do not honour or celebrate national hero's does not mean others don't..

William O was a man ahead of his time...

2 Likes

Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by AntiWailer: 10:01am On Jan 18, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:

RIP to the Legend...

But

Igbos generally brag.

They brag about death after 2 shots instead of 1.
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by excel101(m): 10:01am On Jan 18, 2017
I love the song so much when i first heard it "when the going is smooth and good". That was back then in 1986 then i was in primary 5.
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by dongreatty(m): 10:02am On Jan 18, 2017
RIP legend.
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by xprimate(m): 10:04am On Jan 18, 2017
Rest in peace Legend. My Mother said I danced to the music like hell on my one year BD. Thanks for bringing Nkanu and Amodu community into the lime light.
We are from the same community : Amodu in Nkanu West Local government. His hill top Mansion has been an edifice till today.
RIP
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by Enemyofpeace: 10:06am On Jan 18, 2017
Baroba:

Google Willy Onyeabor, the fact Nigerians do not honour or celebrate national hero's does not mean others don't..

William O was a man ahead of his time...
abegi,I don't need to Google it. He is not a legend
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by Baroba(m): 10:13am On Jan 18, 2017
excel101:
I love the song so much when i first heard it "when the going is smooth and good". That was back then in 1986 then i was in primary 5.

The song was a hit back then, I vividly remember the video.. kids breakdancing in front of a lorry.. good times..
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by Nickymezor(f): 10:15am On Jan 18, 2017
Yeah I rem dat song way bk, didnt knw the name of artiste tho ,nw I know... It was pretty cool. Do rest in peace Mr William.
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by buffalowings: 10:18am On Jan 18, 2017
9jakohai:
Rest in peace.

For younger Nairalanders....this was the song that they used to play on TV well well for NTA in the 1980's...
When the going....
Aka....HIGHER HIGHER HIGHER HIGHER HIGHER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fnTxm1u_34

Respect to our elders on nl

2 Likes

Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by Xano(m): 10:19am On Jan 18, 2017
Wow!!!

Sleep well sir.
I still have and listen your song: "when the going is sweet and good, many many people will be your friend..."
Thank you sir for that song, it would always minister to people for years to come.

Wow!!!
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by chidiebere2020(m): 10:20am On Jan 18, 2017
xprimate:
Rest in peace Legend. My Mother said I danced to the music like hell on my one year BD. Thanks for bringing Nkanu and Amodu community into the lime light.
We are from the same community : Amodu in Nkanu West Local government. His hill top Mansion has been an edifice till today.
RIP
Amodu Awkunanaw although am from Akegbe ugwu both in Nkanu ogbuzulu

1 Like

Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by Carlmax(m): 10:33am On Jan 18, 2017
Enemyofpeace:

Omo na legend Oooo, me too nor sabi the guy until now, but I googled / youtubed him and bro, He truly has cult following outside naija. Oyinbo dem like his kind of music. RIP

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by prophetfire: 10:36am On Jan 18, 2017
HarkymTheOracle:
RIP to him...

Once upon a time in a village, a man appeared and announced that he would buy monkeys for N100 each. The villagers seeing that there were so many monkeys around, went out to the forest and started catching them.

The man bought thousands at N100 and as supply started to diminish, the villagers stopped their efforts. He further announced that he would now buy at N200. This renewed the efforts of the villagers and they started catching monkeys again. Soon the supply diminished and people started going back to their farms. The offer rate increased to N250 but the supply of monkeys became so little that it took much effort to even see a monkey, let alone catch one.

The man now announced that he would buy monkeys at N500! However, since he had to go to the city on some business, his assistant would now buy on his behalf.

In the absence of the man, his assistant told the villagers: ''Look at all these monkeys in the big cage that my OGA has bought from you, I will sell them to you at N350 and when my OGA returns from the city, you can sell it to him at N500''.

The villagers squeezed out all their HARD EARNED savings and bought all the monkeys. The most greedy ones among them even sold their lands to purchase many MONKEYS, hoping to make a huge profit without labor.

Then...

They never saw the man or his assistant. Only monkeys everywhere!

Welcome to #MMM.
The world of Monkeys
copycopy. very dry and pathetic.
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by prophetfire: 10:42am On Jan 18, 2017
teozey111:
don't know him but r.I.p
sorry my dear. you belong to the indomie generation. you peeps came to the world when things hav turn upside down.sorry.
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 18, 2017
prophetfire:
copycopy. very dry and pathetic.

Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 18, 2017
Sorry never heard of him nor his songs.

RIP Though.
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by Abagworo(m): 11:01am On Jan 18, 2017
9jakohai:
Rest in peace.

For younger Nairalanders....this was the song that they used to play on TV well well for NTA in the 1980's...
When the going....
Aka....HIGHER HIGHER HIGHER HIGHER HIGHER

So Timaya's "money" is a remix of this. I see.
Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by donbenie(m): 11:14am On Jan 18, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:

RIP to the Legend...

But

Re: William Onyeabor Is Dead! by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 18, 2017
Baroba:

I dont know where you get the idea Enugu folks brag, anyway William Onyeabor built his palace in the ,80s and called it EZECHUKWU'S PALACE.. looking at the building who are we to argue.. And he happened to be a Chief in Nkanu.. RIP

Thanks for the enlightenment.
I did not know he was royalty.
And the house does look palatial.
Thanks again

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stylish Wizkid's 5-Year-Old Son, Boluwatife (Photos) / Fans Gives Bbnaija's Cross Heroic Homecoming In Abuja: Pictures & Video / Angelina Jolie First Public Appearance Since Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.