Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

IDP Camp Bombing Was NOT A Mistake According To Official Statements. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IDP Camp Bombing Was NOT A Mistake According To Official Statements. (921 Views)

Borno Man Accuses FG Of Abandoning Victims Of IDP Camp Bombing (Graphic Pics) / 2 Victims Of Rann IDP Camp Bombing Admitted In Hospital Are Dead (Pics) / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To IDP Camp Bombing Mistake (PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IDP Camp Bombing Was NOT A Mistake According To Official Statements. by KingOfAmebo(m): 2:19pm On Jan 18, 2017
According to news making the rounds that the pilot "mistakingly" dropped a bomb at the IDP Camp, Surprisingly, the Theatre Commander of Operations Lafiya Dole, Lucky Irabor disclosed that the target was the actual target but "it turned out that other civilians were somewhere around the area and they were affected". In other words, Is he telling us the civilians were at the wrong place?

These were his statements at the press briefing on Tuesday in Maiduguri:

“This morning, we received a report about the gathering of Boko Haram terrorists around Kala Balge area of Maiduguri.

“I coordinated and I directed that the air component of the operation should go and address the problem.
“Unfortunately, the strike was conducted but it turned out that other civilians were somewhere around the area and they were affected.

“So far, it is a little bit disturbing; death has occurred. There are casualties, there were deaths and injuries but on the actual number of casualties, we would get back to you later.

“I am yet to get the number of casualties of civilians killed, but two soldiers were also affected.
“Some humanitarian staff of Medicines Sans Frontiers and some staff of International Committee of Red Cross(ICRC) were also affected.

“We are sending helicopters to evacuate those that were critically wounded, including our wounded soldiers,” Irabor said.

http://thenewsroom.ng/article.php?id=211

Re: IDP Camp Bombing Was NOT A Mistake According To Official Statements. by tens4real(m): 2:23pm On Jan 18, 2017
May God judge you people
Useless people.. .
Rip to the victims is so annoying and painful
Re: IDP Camp Bombing Was NOT A Mistake According To Official Statements. by Luckylife(m): 2:24pm On Jan 18, 2017
Nothing is impossible now in Nigeria lead be fulani president.

2 Likes

Re: IDP Camp Bombing Was NOT A Mistake According To Official Statements. by NaWetinDey(m): 2:24pm On Jan 18, 2017
“So far, it is a little bit disturbing; death has occurred."

A little bit disturbing?
That's the new word when the military kill innocent civilians.

I pledge to Nigeria my country...
Re: IDP Camp Bombing Was NOT A Mistake According To Official Statements. by lytech1(m): 2:30pm On Jan 18, 2017
From one problem to Another.
When will i wake up to hear a good news about this country.
Re: IDP Camp Bombing Was NOT A Mistake According To Official Statements. by jamislaw(m): 2:43pm On Jan 18, 2017
I know iPod will be happy with these news that northern citizen are been main by their foolish brother Irabor.
Re: IDP Camp Bombing Was NOT A Mistake According To Official Statements. by Iamwrath: 3:15pm On Jan 18, 2017
Speech analysts

Have you analyzed Wike's confession of rigging to Fayose?
Re: IDP Camp Bombing Was NOT A Mistake According To Official Statements. by Emekamex(m): 3:23pm On Jan 18, 2017
jamislaw:
I know iPod will be happy with these news that northern citizen are been main by their foolish brother Irabor.
I never knew that Edo state is in SE. My geography teacher must have been an illiterate.

(1) (Reply)

FG Approves $1.2bn For Kano-kaduna Rail Project / Update On Protest....your Area / We Demand To See President Buhari, Angry Protesters Storm Nigerian Embassy In UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.