Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat (34232 Views)

"Photos Of Luxury Vehicles Acquired By Jammeh In His Final Days" / Jammeh Of Gambia Speaks With Liberia President On Phone, Pleads On His Case / Gambians Leaving Their Country Over Imminent War As Jammeh Refuses To Step Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat by helinues: 9:11pm On Jan 18, 2017
Senegal, a neighbouring country to Gambia has given President Yahaya Jammeh till midnight to step down otherwise military action would be engaged to oust him. To make true the warning, Senegalese troops have been seen moving towards the Gambian border in what seams a show of might to further signal to Jammeh he would be ousted militarily if he refuses to step down.

“Our troops are on alert… The ultimatum takes effect at midnight,” when Jammeh’s mandate is due to expire, army spokesman Colonel Abdou Ndiaye said. “If a political solution fails, we will engage” in operations in The Gambia, he said, confirming that troops were heading to the border. Recall that the Gambian parliament has extended Jammeh’s stay in office for another 90 days, a move that has further added fuel to Jammeh’s clinching to the country’s presidential seat eventhough Wednesday is supposed to be his final day in office as the Gambian president.

However, Nigerian Government has equally sent in some air, naval and will also send ground troops to join forces with the Senegalese troops to ensure President-elect, Adama Barrow is installed as The Gambia’s President on Thursday. Also, The U.N has equally backed the West African nations in the bid to ensure either a peaceful handover in The Gambia or use military force to archieve same should
Jammeh insist on clinching to power. Jammeh who had called Barrow to concede defeat after losing in the December 1, 2016 election held in the country later made a volte face, refusing to accept the outcome of the election and has since voiced strongly that he would not allow the President-elect, Barrow installed as the country’s president unless a fresh election is conducted. He claimed many of the Gambian citizens were disenfranchised.

Jammeh has been the country’s president since taking power in a bloodless coup in 1994.

Meanwhile, thousands of Gambians have fled the country while UK and Dutch tourists are being evacuated from the tiny West African state, which is popular with European holidaymakers because of its beaches.

source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/senegal-gives-jammeh-midnight-vacate-presidency-seat/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat by helinues: 9:14pm On Jan 18, 2017
I still keep on wondering why most of the African leaders are so selfish and greedy.. After ruling for 22 years, this yeye man still not want to leave power..

He keeps on saying Allah says.. Ecowas should just give him gbagbo's treatment

useless man

95 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat by Qmerit(m): 9:14pm On Jan 18, 2017
The native doctor that's deceiving this man did same thing to Gbagbo and Gadafi.
Only Senegal can even handle him no need for Nigeria, Ghana etc

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat by Mrdecent(m): 9:14pm On Jan 18, 2017
The greatest lesson in history is that people don't learn from history

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat by Built2last: 9:16pm On Jan 18, 2017
Chai. Abeg how can we kidnap Jammeh's pilot before he escapes. He needs to stay to face the music

34 Likes

Re: Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat by Franchise21(m): 9:20pm On Jan 18, 2017
OK na... A word is enough for the wise

1 Like

Re: Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat by azimibraun: 9:21pm On Jan 18, 2017
Just one brave soldier, One Bullet to the back of the head, Jammeh is gone, lives and property are saved and a HERO is made.

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat by Jessestunch: 9:23pm On Jan 18, 2017
Even senegal dey form USA too oh.... Wahala dey oh grin

40 Likes

Re: Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat by Qmerit(m): 9:30pm On Jan 18, 2017
Jessestunch:
Even senegal dey form USA too oh.... Wahala dey oh grin

If na u nkor!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat by azimibraun: 9:32pm On Jan 18, 2017
If i ever behave like Jammeh and my wife and kids do not poison me into a very long deep sleep and hand me over to the opposition, I will never forgive them. I would have said poison to death but I won't want them to have murder linked to their names. Madam Jammeh, this is the time to save yourself and your children or die with him. See what happened to Gaddafi's kids and Saadam's sons. Save yourself and your children and let your obdurate husband die alone. Love no reach for death and humiliation o!

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat by ScotsReferendum: 9:37pm On Jan 18, 2017
This is abuse of sovereignty.

In as much as he must step down, sovereignty of each nation must be respected.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat by PapaNnamdi: 9:37pm On Jan 18, 2017
See his black face like kiwi Polish,

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat by darknetcom: 9:38pm On Jan 18, 2017
nigeria is a black world power...it will dawn on ipobians sooner or later...

5 Likes

Re: Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 18, 2017
tot they have extend his tenure to 90 days Senegal and Nigeria should not start what they can't finish oooo sad angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat by brunofarad(m): 9:41pm On Jan 18, 2017
grin
Re: Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat by UNIZIK1stSon(m): 9:42pm On Jan 18, 2017
g
Re: Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat by ziego(m): 9:42pm On Jan 18, 2017
grin
Re: Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat by ychris: 9:43pm On Jan 18, 2017
Ok.
Meanwhile,
Wetin person no go see for this
naija....someone called me that am
suppose to pay him because we
were paired .......I told him i am not
a member of MMM and he said
brother please send anytin you have, na God pair us not MMM
cheesy grin cheesy

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat by Adesiji77: 9:43pm On Jan 18, 2017
Lobatan!
Re: Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat by tundafayaBuhari: 9:43pm On Jan 18, 2017
Even Senegal dey threaten? Gambia is an independent country. Remember Libya, remember ghadaffi

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat by abumeinben(m): 9:43pm On Jan 18, 2017
Ah

They should also prepare for 2019

1 Like

Re: Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat by ddippset(m): 9:43pm On Jan 18, 2017
Lol, why Senegal carry this matter for head like this na?

1 Like

Re: Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat by nerodenero: 9:44pm On Jan 18, 2017
Mrdecent:
The greatest lesson in history is that people don't learn from history
Gbam!!!

Jammeh be like, GEJ see wetin you cause grin.

1 Like

Re: Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat by MrPresident1: 9:44pm On Jan 18, 2017
O da bi wipe ori Macky Sall ti yi sha. Does he want to trample on the constitution of the independent and sovereign state of the Gambia, or can this people not see that Jammeh is covered by the constitution of his country?

ECOWAS leave Jammeh alone!!!

2 Likes

Re: Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat by AngelicBeing: 9:44pm On Jan 18, 2017
Count down to the fall of tyrant, herbalist, native doctor, voodoo practitioner, despotic leader yeye Jameh tongue

1 Like

Re: Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat by quiverfull(m): 9:44pm On Jan 18, 2017
At least, Africa is making real attempts to deal with this impasses by herself. Let us see how this ends.
Re: Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat by Cutie09(m): 9:44pm On Jan 18, 2017
helinues:
I still keep on wondering why most of the African leaders are so selfish and greedy.. After ruling for 22 years, this yeye man still not want to leave power..

He keeps on saying Allah says.. Ecowas should just give him gbagbo's treatment

useless man

Agree with you stupid man kids that were born 22yrs ago some are married with kids. Africa with power is like what glue is to object. I pray they kick him out asap he will face his crime

3 Likes

Re: Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat by daniska3yaro(m): 9:44pm On Jan 18, 2017
Jammeh just call one person now now,that person na "Putin" the bully of the west.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat by sorom4: 9:45pm On Jan 18, 2017
darknetcom:
nigeria is a black world power...it will dawn on ipobians sooner or later...
Without IPOB; Naija na nothing

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat by Rich4god(m): 9:45pm On Jan 18, 2017
Am still trying to figure out what could have made this Jammeh not to step down.... "Is there something we are not seeing or hearing"

3 Likes

Re: Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat by cstr55: 9:45pm On Jan 18, 2017
It is one thing for ECOWAS to issue an ultimatum, but for senegal an age-long rival of the gambia to use this vulnerability to carry out their own nationalistic agenda in gambia is something that should be discouraged.
I expect patriotic gambians to frown at any solo senegalese grand-standing that may tip the scale in jammeh's corner.
Jammeh must go, but senegal should leave the grand-standing and ultimatums to ECOWAS and the UN.

19 Likes

Re: Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat by BJAYADEMOLA(m): 9:45pm On Jan 18, 2017
Have you tried to count the numbers of letter "M" in Muhammadu Buhari? Please do it now

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Mnangagwa Buying Fried Chicken (Pictured) / Donald Trump Quoted Bane In His Inauguration Speech / Why Is Ukraine Not Going Offensive by attacking Moscow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.