Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

My Husband’s Deception-urgent advice needed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband’s Deception-urgent advice needed (1179 Views)

My Husband Is Too Jealous / How I Felt Reading Messages Between My Husband And His Mistress - Lady / The Woman My Husband Impregnated Is My Elder Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Husband’s Deception-urgent advice needed by Pcli: 12:31am On Jan 19, 2017
I lived my life comfortably in my home country before my husband begged me to relocate to the U.S. I didn’t want to come because we were very comfortable but he insisted that it was going to be a better life for us and our 2 children. I was pregnant with the 3rd child and we brought enough money to last us a year. He said his brother would file for us once we get there. We arrived in the U.S and we stayed with a family friend in Atlanta where I had my 3rd child before we continued our journey to Florida to my brother in law’s who is supposed to file for us. My husband said he had to go before us to Florida so he can make arrangements for us before we moved to join him.
By the time he sent for us 4 months later, he was ready to leave Florida saying that he got a job in Atlanta. He said we have to stay with his brother until he gets settled in Atlanta; then he will send for us. When I questioned his decision -considering we just left Atlanta to join him; – he said he was doing what was best for me and the kids.
One particular day while I was doing some house cleaning, I stumbled upon divorce papers with my signature signed! He divorced me without my knowledge! When I confronted him, he got violent and almost beat me up. Later he calmed down and said it was for him to get working papers as he planned to marry another woman so he and our kids can get papers. I refused to go along with his evil plan and he promised not to go ahead with the plan. He thereafter soon left for Atlanta and left us in Florida for another 15 months with his brother with occasional visits and stipends sent to us. I had to do menial jobs to support myself and the kids during this period.
Whenever I asked to join him in Atlanta, he gave various excuses saying “he is yet to settle down, he is sleeping on his friend’s couch” and so on. I finally insisted that we must join him in Atlanta and after so many fights, he agreed. He rented an apartment for us but he was hardly there. He told me he works 16 hour shifts and our apartment is too far from his job so he will stay with his friend if he can’t be home.
I got a menial job just to support him because he always complained that there was no money. At some point, I met a lady at work who she said to me that her sister in-law has the same last name as me. She said that last name is not common, so we must be related. One day, she showed me the sister in-law’s picture at a family gathering; lo and behold, the man the sister in-law is married to is my husband or should I say my children’s father! I kept my cool and just smiled and said I don’t know the man.
When I got home, I packed my bags and my kids and went to a shelter. He called me for weeks and left nasty messages but I refused to talk to him or return his calls. He called all of my family members, his family members and friends; telling them that I am ungrateful, that I left with his children after he brought me to the U.S.
Now everyone is telling me to go back to him because a Christian woman is not supposed to leave her husband. But he left me! How many people can I tell my story to?
Am I wrong for leaving? Should I go back? What would you do if you were me?
https://tinuola.blog/2017/01/17/my-husbands-deception/

© Mrs Tinuola Agbabiaka,
A marriage counsellor,
Practical Christian Living Initiative is a non-profit organisation geared towards encouraging love and romance in marriages as well as encouraging mature Singles who are waiting for their life partner.

You can follow her on facebook-Practical Christian Living Initiative . Twitter, Instagram-: @PCLI_NG

Re: My Husband’s Deception-urgent advice needed by Gudfrie(m): 8:20am On Jan 21, 2017
This is so crazy on his part.....dunno what to say. I have always thought in my mind do men with this erratic behaviours do tink they cud always get away with this?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help!!!pls Jamb Form Is Out Now,but..... / How To Start A Fight In The House / Caption This Photo Of A Little Boy - What Could He Be Thinking?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.