Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,215 members, 7,836,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? (1135 Views)

Lady Reunites With Her Twin Brother After They Were Separated At A Young Age / Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? / I Still Steal From My Parents At The Age Of 35 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 27, 2017
Especially mother...

I am 23, other siblings 21 and youngest 19

Dad is still alive, mother died age 52

I have now become an atheist, and I am so upset that this has happened to me.
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by BiafranBushBoy: 1:13pm On Oct 27, 2017
I am so so sorry for your loss dear. Don't lose hope in God. A lot of Good people have died too, and we all shall die someday.

I know God is watching over us for real. I don't know how you feel because I haven't lost anyone so close.

But I know God will take care of you. smiley
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by bolinjkezzy(m): 1:20pm On Oct 27, 2017
Death of your mum shouldn't be your Reason for being an atheist (am not the religious type though, I believe in god).
We all are gonna die at a point in our life, its law of nature
Just live your life and make your mum proud wherever she is.
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 28, 2017
bolinjkezzy:
Death of your mum shouldn't be your Reason for being an atheist (am not the religious type though, I believe in god).
We all are gonna die at a point in our life, its law of nature
Just live your life and make your mum proud wherever she is.

Have you lost any1 close 2 you before?
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 28, 2017
Lookingforadvic:

Op i lost my sis on the 10th of this month,age 34.I cried my eyes out but i realised tears cant raised the dead.I missed her so much but i have to move on.You need to accept whatever comes your way and accept the fact that we all gonna die.So move on with your life and keep believing in God.

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 28, 2017
MammyYoo567:
Op i lost my sis on the 10th of this month,age 34.I cried my eyes out but i realised tears cant raised the dead.I missed her so much but i have to move on.You need to accept whatever comes your way and accept the fact that we all gonna die.So move on with your life and keep believing in God.

Was she married? Did she have kids? What happened to her?

I'm so so sorry for your loss.
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Gofwane(m): 12:04pm On Oct 28, 2017
I've lost both parents. Mum about 14yesrs ago and dad about 4 years ago. However, that's not the reason I became an atheist.

I became an atheist because I discovered that this life is founded on unjust rationale. The more religious you are, the more your life is frustrating. So many unanswered questions and you can't do certain things (not crime) because the holy book said so.
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by bolinjkezzy(m): 12:06pm On Oct 28, 2017
Lookingforadvic:

Yes...A brother and a sister
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 28, 2017
Lookingforadvic:

Was she married? Did she have kids? What happened to her?

I'm so so sorry for your loss.
She died after giving birth,third kid tho.My mom always pray for her and what she left behind and believe God knows best.So,move on dear.We already move on even though it's hard for us to forget about her.
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 28, 2017
MammyYoo567:
She died after giving birth,third kid tho.My mom always pray for her and what she left behind and believe God knows best.So,move on dear.We already move on but we cant forget about her.

So sorry.

How do you cope with people being secretly happy at the demise
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by bolinjkezzy(m): 12:09pm On Oct 28, 2017
Gofwane:
I've lost both parents. Mum about 14yesrs ago and dad about 4 years ago. However, that's not the reason I became an atheist.

I became an atheist because I discovered that this life is founded on unjust rationale. The more religious you are, the more your life is frustrating. So many unanswered questions and you can't do certain things (not crime) because the holy book said so.
You became an atheist simply because you don't believe I. religion or you hate religion?
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 28, 2017
Gofwane:

Do you openly profess to be an atheist in Nigeria?
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 28, 2017
Lookingforadvic:

So sorry.

How do you cope with people being secretly happy at the demise
Lol,funny question.You need to ignore and focus more on your life.We all gonna die!
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Gofwane(m): 12:28pm On Oct 28, 2017
Lookingforadvic:

Do you openly profess to be an atheist in Nigeria?
yeah, though I've not told my family members cos my grandparents will hear it and it will shatter them considering the type of role they play in the society. They are missionaries. But they know I've not been going to church for over 3 years now.

They started the first baptist church in jos south. And I even rose to the position of music director
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Gofwane(m): 12:34pm On Oct 28, 2017
bolinjkezzy:

You became an atheist simply because you don't believe I. religion or you hate religion?
both. Religion is the greatest epidemic to hit mankind. All the capital wars in the world are associated to religion.
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by bolinjkezzy(m): 12:37pm On Oct 28, 2017
Gofwane:
both. Religion is the greatest epidemic to hit mankind. All the capital wars in the world are associated to religion.
You are right about religion but that doesn't justify why you became an atheist
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Gofwane(m): 12:49pm On Oct 28, 2017
bolinjkezzy:

You are right about religion but that doesn't justify why you became an atheist
yeah, it doesn't. The whole concept of religion is not in tune with what is happening in life. So many things don't add up. For instance, how does fasting make God answer prayers quickly? If it does, then we'll have to be fasting everyday so that we get what we need. But in what way does it benefit him?
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by bolinjkezzy(m): 12:55pm On Oct 28, 2017
Gofwane:
yeah, it doesn't. The whole concept of religion is not in tune with what is happening in life. So many things don't add up. For instance, how does fasting make God answer prayers quickly? If it does, then we'll have to be fasting everyday so that we get what we need. But in what way does it benefit him?
Do you think that religion explanation of god is the only definition to what god is? Am not an adherence of any religion but definitely believe in god. Just because you don't buy religion view of god doesn't mean you have to be an atheist
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Gofwane(m): 1:06pm On Oct 28, 2017
bolinjkezzy:

Do you think that religion explanation of god is the only definition to what god is? Am not an adherence of any religion but definitely believe in god. Just because you don't buy religion view of god doesn't mean you have to be an atheist
I respect anything that people choose to worship even if it is an idol. That's why I don't mock anybody's God. But me personally, I no longer believe in such things.
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by bolinjkezzy(m): 1:14pm On Oct 28, 2017
Gofwane:
I respect anything that people choose to worship even if it is an idol. That's why I don't mock anybody's God. But me personally, I no longer believe in such things.
I respect that too...I will like to know you better
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Gofwane(m): 6:30pm On Oct 28, 2017
bolinjkezzy:

I respect that too...I will like to know you better
no worries, I'm in ilorin. You can pm me
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by bolinjkezzy(m): 6:42pm On Oct 28, 2017
Gofwane:
no worries, I'm in ilorin. You can pm me
Am in Ilorin too
Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Chommieblaq(f): 9:09pm On Oct 28, 2017
I have lost people close to me. My Dad, my cousin, friends that became family and my brother in-law
My in-law's death hit me so hard, that even after 7 years the pain is still there. Not that I didn't feel my Dad's death, but I was just 7 when he passed on. Though many times I feel that if he's still alive, things might have been different.

Truth is some pain are soul deep, we just learn to live with it. Move on, live your life the way that your parent and siblings will be proud of (wether late or alive). Above all trust in God.

Re: For Those Who Loss Their Parents At A Young Age, How Did You Cope? by Welcomme: 7:40am On Oct 29, 2017
My dad died when I was 10, my younger sis was 4 and our last was just a year old. Then my mum was just a petty trader with business not really moving. Help wasnt coming from anywhere. Promises made by people were not fufilled. My dad's families were not helping. It was just God and hustles that kept us going. But we believed in God that he is the father of the fatherless. I am a graduate. My younger sis will soon b a graduate and last born just finished sec sch. It wasnt by my mum's power. It was just God and prayers. We are still hoping for good things...

(1) (Reply)

Phobiaholic! See The 15 Most Common Phobias That Torment People / Do We Have A Man Who Has Never Been Accused Of Having Side Chics? / Am I Watched Spiritually Or Haunted?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.