Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Building A Career In A Corrupt Workplace - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Building A Career In A Corrupt Workplace (619 Views)

Is It Too Hard to Cope With Pregnancy Or Pregnant Employees In Your Workplace? / 4 Types Of Workplace Discrimination Common In Nigeria / How Do Atheists Handle Religion In The Workplace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Building A Career In A Corrupt Workplace by blowthewhistle(m): 12:31am On Jan 19, 2017
As a former banker, it was difficult to build a career in a bank that was made up of corrupt executive directors. I had a choice to make between watching the corrupt EDs kill the hopes of many careerists and writing and speaking to challenge the corrupt people. I chose the latter and became known as the whistleblower.
What I could never do was say yes to corruption. Never! The corrupt people are not only those who are guilty of corruption but also those who pretend not to see. Say no to corruption so we can realize the dream of a great place to work. I will share a piece written by Dennis Ukpabi, that I love and have adopted.
SAY NO TO CORRUPTION
The corrupt people are not only those in power guilty of dishonest and fraudulent conduct.
The corrupt people are not only those Managing Directors and Executive Directors who are guilty of unethical conduct for personal gain.
The corrupt people are not only those who defraud the innocent and cheat the gullible to acquire personal benefit.
The corrupt people are also those who rear their ugly heads in public to defend those who are corrupt.
The corrupt people are those who go behind with strings of overtures to plead on behalf of the corrupt.
The corrupt people are those who indulge in the indecent exercise of fatuous plaints and pleas. They are those who pontificate and tell people to wait for the corrupt people to be their direct reports before they expose them simply because they have eaten the quid pro quo meal and now cannot see right from wrong.
They are those whose fight against corruption sees only the enemy and not the friend.
They are everywhere in the workplace. They are everywhere in the government. They are also in banks and corporate organizations.
Declare against corruption. Blow the whistle today.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do People Fail Where Others Succeed? –steve Obiakor / Princess Legal World- / The Nigerialawyer.com Legal Personality Of The Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.