Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,411 members, 7,822,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor (41295 Views)

10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. / Lady Beaten And Injured In Taraba Church For Not Dressing Properly / Man Sent Out Of Lagos Church For Wearing This (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by danfidel01(m): 12:48pm On Jan 19, 2017
krauss:
Having public sex with your spouse hurts no body, but try it and get arrested in Nigeria or anywhere in the world. Look how we despise gays in Nigeria, and compare it to this. Some things might just seem offensive even when they shouldn't to some people. We know how such simple sexual innuendos are treated with indifference in the society.

Mr. Man he just held his wife's waist; and that was because she was weak..

...Anyway na Initial gragra dey do the couple. Later everything will stop even tho the love will still be there.
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by krauss: 12:53pm On Jan 19, 2017
kalindaminda:

Which kissing? Go back and read the OP. The PDA they were charged with was wearing matching cloth

They should tell the full gist
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by krauss: 12:53pm On Jan 19, 2017
kalindaminda:
The easiest way to hide something from a Nigerian is to put it in a book. OP you would have included drawings for those people commenting that it was too long for them to read grin

Look at them embarrassing themselves by commenting about kissing and public sex

the story from them is not complete. shikena
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by krauss: 12:55pm On Jan 19, 2017
mikedimeji:

comments are based on the story line, if the process of walking out and the wife collapse or something funny happens its still the same church that will accuse the brother of not caring. basic truth lets focus on the things that edifies the church and stop dwelling on vain this that will pass away, don't forget this are married couple. why do they include (you may kiss your bride) in wedding programs why joining couples, it should have been regarded as a PDA. no body talks about things that matters in Christendom anymore
the story is not complete, shikena. I am sure that no church can just do that. Show me that church and I will show you a shrine.
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 19, 2017
chidibond:
Y'all thinking this is true.... SAD.

Well, it is 100% TRUE...

I have nothing to gain fabricating stories against the church of God, just so you know!
Thanks and God bless smiley

1 Like

Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by krauss: 12:58pm On Jan 19, 2017
OP, do well to inform us or get sufficient information from the couple, what more they have done. We should call the pastor and the church board to hear from them. I am only protecting the image of the church( in general) which some are already trying to overindulge here on the thread.
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 19, 2017
RZArecta:
This story is a lie cool

The choice is yours to believe or not... But to clear all doubt, this was shared based on a personal experience.
Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by Tonason: 1:01pm On Jan 19, 2017
Until we see the true picture of what actually happened, I reserve my comment. Nevertheless church auditorium is not a hotel room or the other room for romantic affairs, they have the other room in their house where such intimate affairs can be done. One shouldn't be a public nuisance in the church. More so such couples after 17 months u will hear another story of divorce.
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by ozimec(m): 1:13pm On Jan 19, 2017
Deraconteur:
(Written by: Oyekunle Lizzy Oyebola)

Source: https://www.facebook.com/oyekunle.oyebola.7/posts/621879567992694

I want to qout Apostle Paul's advice to the Church of Christ in Philippians chpt 4 vs 8 & 9. It says " finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Vs 9 says "Those thing which you have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you."
However, it's not right to have such a display in the church, and if it's not right then, it's a sin. Bible says that "All unrighteousness is a sin..." 1John 5vs 17. But I think the suspending the couple is a bit harsh, they should have been counselled and cautioned.

1 Like

Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by RZArecta(m): 1:27pm On Jan 19, 2017
Deraconteur:

The choice is yours to believe or not... But to clear all doubt, this was shared based on a personal experience.
Thanks smiley
no vex, what's the name of the church ?
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by omsal84(m): 1:32pm On Jan 19, 2017
What is the name of that church? Let me confirm your story before commenting cos it sounds like it's from Nollywood.
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by eikenberry(m): 1:48pm On Jan 19, 2017
All I can see are leaders trying to please the congregation because of their laid out rules that will always be broken.my dear as long as it wasn't to cause any distraction,you don't have a problem...in my church during peace of the lord,couples hug themselves...like a poster above me said it might just be the spark another family needs...dont leave your church educate them if you can...

1 Like

Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by Zenlife: 1:55pm On Jan 19, 2017
The church 'leaders' et al committed a CDl

Collective Display of Ignorance.
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by Richy4(m): 1:58pm On Jan 19, 2017
The leaders of that church just brought African culture into Christianity........They could not differentiate between culture from Christianity....Africans were not known for public affection whatsoever......But the fact that other culture does it does not mean they will go to hell.....

Those church leader that condemned those couple were the exact reasons Jesus disliked the Pharisees; that claim to be outwardly holy when they were in a public place but they commits so many atrocious act in secret.....

I believe those leaders of that church will drop dead if they stepped into any oyibo church.....Because their public affections makes a single individual drool with jealous....Even during prayers, they join hands or hold their spouse at the waist ....even when they were speaking in tongues, they can't keep their hands to themselves....Will showing that they love each other gonna lead them to hell?.....I believe some funny individual will say yes...

1 Like

Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by shaqhead: 2:03pm On Jan 19, 2017
@Deraconteur Somtyms we in church like to beat around the bush askin qstns about what is right or. wrong when we olredy kno d answer! Even the devil wl give up wen he is asked. abt ds matter!

That pastor that lacks understandin should go knock out the songs of solomon and those verses that have romantic leanings in the bible!

1 Like

Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by naturefellow(m): 2:18pm On Jan 19, 2017
AngelsAndStars:
click like if you were confused when you started reading and then gave up. grin
Had to confirm that I hadn't missed my way to Literature section grin
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by EMIOMOADEOYE: 2:21pm On Jan 19, 2017
Deraconteur:
Your contributions and advice is highly welcomed..
Thanks smiley

First of all, I say May the Thunder of Jehovah strike that Pastor and the so called leadership and may they never recover from it. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Where in their Bibles is it justified that PDA is a sin. This is how the Clergy turn themselves in Pharisees, who have made Christianity become a burden to bear.

Secondly, since when did Insubordination find its way into the Church. Are we not all Brothers or did they not read in their Bibles that no one should be called "Rabbi" or "Master" of "Father"?

If the Church suspends them for PDA.......(PDA......some churches sef) FvCK THAT CHURCH......I wish I could scream that into that pastors face......Nonsense.

How can you tell me that MARRIED COUPLES..........of which the Church was a witness to their matrimony........cannot engage is reasonable PDA, cannot do & Co. Which kain thing be that. (Thunder fire anybody that says I should not do &Co with my wife. E no go beta for im generation)

1 Like

Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by EMIOMOADEOYE: 2:22pm On Jan 19, 2017
shaqhead:
@Deraconteur Somtyms we in church like to beat around the bush askin qstns about what is right or. wrong when we olredy kno d answer! Even the devil wl give up wen he is asked. abt ds matter!

That pastor that lacks understandin should go knock out the songs of solomon and those verses that have romantic leanings in the bible!

GBAM!!!!

E be like say dem no get am for their own Bible.
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by shaqhead: 2:23pm On Jan 19, 2017
ozimec:

I want to qout Apostle Paul's advice to the Church of Christ in Philippians chpt 4 vs 8 & 9. It says " finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Vs 9 says "Those thing which you have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you."
However, it's not right to have such a display in the church, and if it's not right then, it's a sin. Bible says that "All unrighteousness is a sin..." 1John 5vs 17. But I think the suspending the couple is a bit harsh, they should have been counselled and cautioned.
Really? A sin? U arrived at dt flawed conclusion by turnin scriptures on its head?

Wow, sorry to say but u just introduced SHARIA in church!

So I will go to hell from church if i collapse all because I had my hand wrapped around my pregnant wife's waiste!

Yeah it was unrighteuosness for Mary to come and pour perfume on the Jesus' feet n even wipe it with her hair! Ofcourse u wl say it is a diff case entirely but remember ur first cousins in d bible said d exact same thing u r sayin now!

Weldone!

2 Likes

Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by EMIOMOADEOYE: 2:26pm On Jan 19, 2017
ozimec:

Excuse Me! Counseled and Cautioned on what exactly?

That a Husband went to assist his pregnant wife while in Church.....is that a sin?

Or that a Husband is doing &Co with his wife......is that a sin? We should not be dogmatic about everything.

Abeg.......there are some things that come Naturally. As long as it is not unreasonable. At least they were not kissing in public.

2 Likes

Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by folks4luv(f): 2:31pm On Jan 19, 2017
what! as in seriously? I can bet with my old tecno phone that that church is filthy, no genuine holiness/righteousness through the grace of our Lord Jesus there. check their youth closely, they are rotten but very good at covering up and looking holy. I won't want to go to that kinda church.
BTW, what the couple did can't be described as PDA to me. thought they were kissing in church ni. God have mercy

2 Likes

Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by Phunkyposh(f): 2:34pm On Jan 19, 2017
which one is this again, on wedding days , dont they say you may kiss the bride in the presence of everyone... Abegg

The couples should keep it up . when i am married , PDA will be every where we go.....GBAMMMMM!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by folks4luv(f): 2:36pm On Jan 19, 2017
ozimec:

I beg u in d name of God, mind the way u quote the scripture to support your points. do u even know the real meaning of the verse u just quoted? a man assisted his nauseous wife to go throw up and u quoted those beautiful lines to prove he is wrong? this is one of the reasons atheists laugh at the scripture.

2 Likes

Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by folks4luv(f): 2:38pm On Jan 19, 2017
Tonason:
Until we see the true picture of what actually happened, I reserve my comment. Nevertheless church auditorium is not a hotel room or the other room for romantic affairs, they have the other room in their house where such intimate affairs can be done. One shouldn't be a public nuisance in the church. More so such couples after 17 months u will hear another story of divorce.
holding your wife by the waist and hand to lead her out to vomit is an intimate and romantic affair? *sigh* I give up!

2 Likes

Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by ALEXIS0240: 2:38pm On Jan 19, 2017
chimah3:
kuku return all my offering i've been putting angry

since we all want to start playing stupid sad undecided
Guy brain the pain you...lol,abi you think say na MMM you dey use style provide help to your church to ask for refuned.
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by chimah3(m): 2:49pm On Jan 19, 2017
ALEXIS0240:

Guy brain the pain you...lol,abi you think say na MMM you dey use style provide help to your church to ask for refuned.

You must not always open your mouth...sometimes shutting up is a wiser option for a fool
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by AngelsAndStars(m): 3:00pm On Jan 19, 2017
naturefellow:
Had to confirm that I hadn't missed my way to Literature section grin
Lolz. am sure it's literature. a serious person won't have time for such story.

1 Like

Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by Baba4dgals: 3:28pm On Jan 19, 2017
So because of ordinary kiss nd suspension na hin op write dis epistle...
If dem com fucck and dismissed I bliv u go surely write a book for it
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 19, 2017
Baba4dgals:
So because of ordinary kiss nd suspension na hin op write dis epistle...

If dem com fucck and dismissed I bliv u go surely write a book for it

I "bliv" you should gather your scanty brainpower and point to where you saw "kiss" in the OP's write up.

I'll wait.
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by Baba4dgals: 3:41pm On Jan 19, 2017
kalindaminda:

I "bliv" you should gather your scanty brainpower and point to where you saw "kiss" in the OP's write up.

I'll wait.
see dis mumu...

U tink na erryone dy jobless lik u to dy read unnecessary long epistle

Oga go hang ursef if u dy frustrated rather dan transferring ur aggression to me biko
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by Richy4(m): 3:48pm On Jan 19, 2017
ozimec:

The apostle Paul you quoted he wasn't married correct?....He asked that people do what he does right? maybe every man should stay away from the female folks and be single like him is that?....I did not see any thing wrong with what they did....U quoted that all unrighteousness is a sin, is it ok for a couple to hold hands in secret?... or kiss in Secret?......if you agreed that it was a sin when done in public, I believe that it was equally a sin and unrighteous when done in secret... irrespective of where it was done sin is sin...

What happened was that the pastors and the leaders of that church lacks the discerning spirits....and that made it difficult for them to differentiate between Culture and Sin....Africans do not display affection Publicly...And there are Countries that displays affections in public, at least most churches in Europe and America does that....it's the same judgment seat everyone will appear...there's no Judgment seat meant for Africa or for the Europeans

The thing is that Church leaders heaped doctrine upon themselves and that's what Jesus hated about the pharisees ....Do not get me wrong an organization cannot function without laws..but to say that those doctrine were sins are where the leaders are getting it wrong...We are Christians....Meaning "Christ-like"....God is love....And if you cannot show the evidence of love in public in a matured way, I Don't know the need for attending a church...when they say husband love your wife as christ loved the Church....maybe they do not know the meaning
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 19, 2017
Baba4dgals:
see dis mumu...

U tink na erryone dy jobless lik u to dy read unnecessary long epistle

Oga go hang ursef if u dy frustrated rather dan transferring ur aggression to me biko

So you responded to something you couldn't read? Do you start talking in response to what you didn't hear?

Person: Did you have breakfast this morning?
Baba4dgals: My favorite color is orange.

Always giving excuses for mental laziness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Types Of People At Cross Over Night / Apostle Suleman: My Spiritual Son Landed In France 'Supernaturally' / Bishop Abioye In Winners Chapel's Jet Enroute A Mission Trip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.