Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,386 members, 7,954,562 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:17 PM

Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor (41498 Views)

10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. / Lady Beaten And Injured In Taraba Church For Not Dressing Properly / Man Sent Out Of Lagos Church For Wearing This (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by Baba4dgals: 3:57pm On Jan 19, 2017
kalindaminda:

So you responded to something you didn't read? Do you start talking in response to what you didn't hear?

Person: Did you have breakfast this morning?
Baba4dgals: My favorite color is orange.
do u go to school @all

Don't u see the topic

And shouldn't d contents of d topic relate to it

Modified: oh! It's nt ur fault thought...

Mayb u no see d topic b4 dem modify am
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by mastershurezey(m): 5:40pm On Jan 19, 2017
chimah3:
kuku return all my offering i've been putting angry

since we all want to start playing stupid sad undecided
lol
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by ozimec(m): 5:57pm On Jan 19, 2017
Richy4:

The apostle Paul you quoted he wasn't married correct?....He asked that people do what he does right? maybe every man should stay away from the female folks and be single like him is that?....I did not see any thing wrong with what they did....U quoted that all unrighteousness is a sin, is it ok for a couple to hold hands in secret?... or kiss in Secret?......if you agreed that it was a sin when done in public, I believe that it was equally a sin and unrighteous when done in secret... irrespective of where it was done sin is sin...

What happened was that the pastors and the leaders of that church lacks the discerning spirits....and that made it difficult for them to differentiate between Culture and Sin....Africans do not display affection Publicly...And there are Countries that displays affections in public, at least most churches in Europe and America does that....it's the same judgment seat everyone will appear...there's no Judgment seat meant for Africa or for the Europeans

The thing is that Church leaders heaped doctrine upon themselves and that's what Jesus hated about the pharisees ....Do not get me wrong an organization cannot function without laws..but to say that those doctrine were sins are where the leaders are getting it wrong...We are Christians....Meaning "Christ-like"....God is love....And if you cannot show the evidence of love in public in a matured way, I Don't know the need for attending a church...when they say husband love your wife as christ loved the Church....maybe they do not know the meaning

I don't think that anyone said they shouldn't love each other. The matter bothers on PDA which could lead many especially, the vulnerable youths and members go astray. It is good not to do anything that causes your brother to stumble” (Romans 14:21) is a clear admonition against anyone doing anything which could possibly lead, encourage or justify someone into sin. Seeing or participating in a public display of affection could certainly be cited as the catalyst which encourages a person to stray.
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by ozimec(m): 6:04pm On Jan 19, 2017
folks4luv:

I beg u in d name of God, mind the way u quote the scripture to support your points. do u even know the real meaning of the verse u just quoted? a man assisted his nauseous wife to go throw up and u quoted those beautiful lines to prove he is wrong? this is one of the reasons atheists laugh at the scripture.

You need to have perfect understanding of the scriptures I quoted above. This is a matter that bothers on PDA. Now how can you tell the public especially the vulnerable youths in the church that you're just assisting your wife to go out. Remember this. It is good not to do anything that causes your brother to stumble” (Romans 14:21) is a clear admonition against anyone doing anything which could possibly lead, encourage or justify someone into sin. Seeing or participating in a public display of affection could certainly be cited as the catalyst which encourages a person to stray.
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by ozimec(m): 6:09pm On Jan 19, 2017
EMIOMOADEOYE:

Excuse Me! Counseled and Cautioned on what exactly?

That a Husband went to assist his pregnant wife while in Church.....is that a sin?

Or that a Husband is doing &Co with his wife......is that a sin? We should not be dogmatic about everything.

Abeg.......there are some things that come Naturally. As long as it is not unreasonable. At least they were not kissing in public.
My dear as a Christian, there are certain thing you don't do not because it's a sin but, because it will wrongly interpreted and lead many to sin or stray , especially the vulnerable youths in the church. How can you possible convince them that's such isn't PDA? Remember, It is good not to do anything that causes your brother to stumble” (Romans 14:21) is a clear admonition against anyone doing anything which could possibly lead, encourage or justify someone into sin. Seeing or participating in a public display of affection could certainly be cited as the catalyst which encourages a person to stray.
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by barcaboi(m): 6:17pm On Jan 19, 2017
for those saying the wife cldav walked herself out....u be f**lish hypocrites.....supporting my wife shd be an example and not a sin...didn't Joseph do same to Mary?....and who made the church judge over anyone?.....crazy doctrines...Mr shd take the letter and throw it in the bin and go to church without hindrance and they can never walk you out of the Lord's house...if they do....change your church. your relationship is with God not men
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by babyade: 6:50pm On Jan 19, 2017
Hmmmmmmmm
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by pweetychyka(f): 7:33pm On Jan 19, 2017
I suspect that church to be A.C.G grin grin

I dunno ooooo....jez suspecting
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by flyingdutchman(m): 9:34pm On Jan 19, 2017
WHY ISNT ANYONE ASKING THE ONLY EIGHT QUESTION HERE WHAT IS THE NAME OF THAT CHURCH I WOULD LIKE TO VISIT AND REENACT THAT PERFORMANCE!
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by EMIOMOADEOYE: 9:54pm On Jan 19, 2017
ozimec:

My dear as a Christian, there are certain thing you don't do not because it's a sin but, because it will wrongly interpreted and lead many to sin or stray , especially the vulnerable youths in the church. How can you possible convince them that's such isn't PDA? Remember, It is good not to do anything that causes your brother to stumble” (Romans 14:21) is a clear admonition against anyone doing anything which could possibly lead, encourage or justify someone into sin. Seeing or participating in a public display of affection could certainly be cited as the catalyst which encourages a person to stray.

I don't mean to sound insulting.

I completely disagree with your reasoning. I fail to see the logic. It does not even make any sense at all.

Please explain to me how helping your pregnant wife (who obviously is having some trouble) is a sin? Or tell me how that will cause a brother to stumble. Mind you everybody in Church knows that she is your wife.

If I and my wife clothe ourselves in attires made of the same material, how does that stumble a brother?

If I kiss my wife in Church or we are making out in Church, I can understand your PDA. But not on the above premises.

That the pastor would even raise a claim of insubordination is disgusting to me. Is he supposed to boss the flock of the Lord, or lead them in a mild tempered manner. Insubordination is a word reserved for the dirty corporate world. It is not a word fit for the holy temple of the Lord. That pastor needs to be severely disciplined.
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by EMIOMOADEOYE: 9:59pm On Jan 19, 2017
ozimec:

I don't think that anyone said they shouldn't love each other. The matter bothers on PDA which could lead many especially, the vulnerable youths and members go astray. It is good not to do anything that causes your brother to stumble” (Romans 14:21) is a clear admonition against anyone doing anything which could possibly lead, encourage or justify someone into sin. Seeing or participating in a public display of affection could certainly be cited as the catalyst which encourages a person to stray.

I am seriously holding back the winds of insult.

I am seriously tempted to rain the severest of insults on you.

But I will hold back. No I will not chastise you in your ignorance.
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 19, 2017
God Says Love Ur Wife Abi? Pastor No Get Say At All... I Dy Seriously Pray 4 Dat Kind Man Wey No Go Shame Or Feel Disturbed Helpn Me Out In Public. I Stand For PDA... I Stand Against Jealousy Pastor Nd Co.
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jan 19, 2017
I hope dat Church dnt say u may nw kiss ur bride duren weding. because if d do, d pastor shuld also b suspending for telin dem to do so.
Sorry to say they are JEALOUS of ur hapi family.

Is just like saying u shuld nt help ur wife.
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by arma: 6:42am On Jan 20, 2017
The thing pain pastor shocked
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by folks4luv(f): 9:02am On Jan 20, 2017
ozimec:

You need to have perfect understanding of the scriptures I quoted above. This is a matter that bothers on PDA. Now how can you tell the public especially the vulnerable youths in the church that you're just assisting your wife to go out. Remember this. It is good not to do anything that causes your brother to stumble” (Romans 14:21) is a clear admonition against anyone doing anything which could possibly lead, encourage or justify someone into sin. Seeing or participating in a public display of affection could certainly be cited as the catalyst which encourages a person to stray.
lol. like seriously? guess your more interested in seeing the glass half empty than half filled. we're they kissing or smooching? just to hold by d waist and hand and lead someone outside will corrupt the youth? the Bible says 'to the pure, all things are pure'. why don't you think that kinda gesture will make the youth covet a godly marriage? if our hearts r pure, if all we think about are things that edifies and are lovely like the verse you quoted, why can't we think lovely things bout those couple? why can't we pray that their love last? why can't we wish to have a narrative like that? but if the first thing that comes to the heart is 'SIN', or fornication, then something is fundamentally wrong with us.
Re: Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor by sweetilicious(f): 10:44pm On Jan 22, 2017
PDA is good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Progress And Riches Of A Family In Benin Locked & Tied Through Diabolical Means / Christian Population In Africa 2024, By Country / Car Almost Smashed By Electric Pole In Rivers: 'Supernatural Force Pushed Away'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.