Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

What Happened To Mary? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happened To Mary? (1152 Views)

TB Joshua Received By President Salva Kiir & Wife, Mary Ayen Mayardit / Adeboye Prays For Joshua Mike-Bamiloye & Tolulope Mary Odesola At Their Wedding / Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened To Mary? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:27pm On Jan 19, 2017
What happened to Mary? When/how did Mary die? Why doesn't the Bible say what happened to Mary?
Re: What Happened To Mary? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
What happened to Mary? When/how did Mary die? Why doesn't the Bible say what happened to Mary?
Mary was taken to Italy where she spent the rest of her life. Her remains are in a secret tomb. (As read in Dan's book)

However, her death is not recorded in the scriptures, but Catholic and Orthodox tradition and doctrine have her assumed (taken bodily) into Heaven . Belief in the corporeal assumption of Mary is a
dogma of the Catholic Church , in the
Latin and Eastern Catholic Churches alike, and is believed as well by the
Eastern Orthodox Church, the
Coptic Orthodox Church , and parts of the Anglican Communion and Continuing Anglican movement
Re: What Happened To Mary? by thesicilian: 5:40pm On Jan 19, 2017
The Bible seems to be silent on the issue
Re: What Happened To Mary? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 19, 2017
thesicilian:
And the Quran as well.
Re: What Happened To Mary? by Vello(m): 6:12pm On Jan 19, 2017
Z

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Mary? by SmartyPants(m): 6:21pm On Jan 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

The bible is not a historical journal even though it does contain history. Why do you need to know these details?

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Mary? by SmartyPants(m): 6:21pm On Jan 19, 2017
What the bible does say is that Jesus left her in the care of John.
Re: What Happened To Mary? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:52pm On Jan 19, 2017
beatcoins:

Mary was taken to Italy where she spent the rest of her life. Her remains are in a secret tomb. (As read in Dan's book)

However, her death is not recorded in the scriptures, but Catholic and Orthodox tradition and doctrine have her assumed (taken bodily) into Heaven . Belief in the corporeal assumption of Mary is a
dogma of the Catholic Church , in the
Latin and Eastern Catholic Churches alike, and is believed as well by the
Eastern Orthodox Church, the
Coptic Orthodox Church , and parts of the Anglican Communion and Continuing Anglican movement

Which one should we believe, Dan's book or the Vatican? undecided
Re: What Happened To Mary? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:53pm On Jan 19, 2017
thesicilian:

Do you know why? undecided
Re: What Happened To Mary? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:54pm On Jan 19, 2017
beatcoins:

And the Quran as well.

Has the Qur'an ever revealed what the Bible did not reveal? undecided
Re: What Happened To Mary? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:56pm On Jan 19, 2017
Vello:

That was Martha in Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code bro. Not Mary.
Regardless, the Bible keeps mum about Mary beyond the death of Christ.

Thanks for that correction. Why did the Bible keep mum about Mary beyond the death of Christ? undecided
Re: What Happened To Mary? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:57pm On Jan 19, 2017
SmartyPants:

The bible is not a historical journal even though it does contain history. Why do you need to know these details?

Since it does not contain this history should we then take the bodily assumption of Mary according to the Vatican as the truth?
Re: What Happened To Mary? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:58pm On Jan 19, 2017
SmartyPants:

What the bible does say is that Jesus left her in the care of John.

True. What was the last thing the Bible said about Mary? undecided
Re: What Happened To Mary? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Has the Qur'an ever revealed what the Bible did not reveal? undecided
I wouldn't know. Ask the muslims
Re: What Happened To Mary? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Which one should we believe, Dan's book or the Vatican? undecided
I have no idea. My best bet is, she lived a peaceful life free from worries and no one was close enough to document her last days
Re: What Happened To Mary? by thesicilian: 7:39pm On Jan 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Do you know why? undecided
Not at all. Maybe women weren't really that important in the post - Jesus era, the emphasis being more on Jesus and his disciples
Re: What Happened To Mary? by Vello(m): 8:45pm On Jan 19, 2017
[quote author=OLAADEGBU post=52951062]

Thanks for that correction. Why did the Bible keep mum about Mary beyond the death of Christ?

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Mary? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:19pm On Jan 19, 2017
beatcoins:

I wouldn't know. Ask the muslims

They can only know what is revealed in the Bible. cool
Re: What Happened To Mary? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:28pm On Jan 19, 2017
beatcoins:

I have no idea. My best bet is, she lived a peaceful life free from worries and no one was close enough to document her last days

Most likely. Do you have any verse that speaks about Mary after the resurrection?
Re: What Happened To Mary? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:30pm On Jan 19, 2017
Vello:

Check up on the Council of Niceae. It'll lead you to further search for an answer. But since you asked me, I really don't know but I'm sure there's more to that story than meets the eyes.
How about you consider first the author of the Bible. Forget the Bible was written with the inspiration of the Holy Spirit shit. That was a mere letter not better than open heavens of Adeboye. Think critically, who wrote the Bible; who translated them; who compiled them and called the scrolls so compiled 'Bible'. How many apostles were there when the Bible was written and made a Bible? What is the role of the King James of England in Bible compilation?
In fact, too many questions without any satisfying answer.
But this I know, religion is fake but God is real.

I can only agree with you that traditional religion is fake but God is real. Do you know this God?
Re: What Happened To Mary? by Vello(m): 11:58pm On Jan 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

I can only agree with you that traditional religion is fake but God is real. Do you know this God?
Do I know this God? Yes! He is me in the flesh and I Him by His breathe. Why would God put His breathe in man other than to have His Spirit replicated here on earth. But my point is, the way to Him lies in individuals, not religion. Find your way to activate His Spirit that's gone dormant in you and you'll see Him.
Know ye not that ye are Gods?
Re: What Happened To Mary? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:09am On Jan 20, 2017
Vello:

Do I know this God? Yes! He is me in the flesh and I Him by His breathe. Why would God put His breathe in man other than to have His Spirit replicated here on earth. But my point is, the way to Him lies in individuals, not religion. Find your way to activate His Spirit that's gone dormant in you and you'll see Him.
Know ye not that ye are Gods?

That is the oldest sin in the world called 'idolatry.' shocked
Re: What Happened To Mary? by Vello(m): 7:56am On Jan 20, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

That is the oldest sin in the world called 'idolatry.' shocked
How so?
Re: What Happened To Mary? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:02pm On Jan 25, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Suggested answer:

https://www.gotquestions.org/what-happened-to-Mary.html

(1) (Reply)

On Spirituality And Religion: The Dream Of Zaynie / Remove The Unwanted Muslim Oath From My Signature MOD / The Story Of Josephus: The Man Who Helped Christians With Fake History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.