Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,281 members, 7,818,954 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia (26846 Views)

Their Military Strength Of Gambia / Jammeh Of Gambia Speaks With Liberia President On Phone, Pleads On His Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by Kiakia(m): 10:29pm On Jan 19, 2017
metronaija:
United Nations security council unanimously adopts resolution confirming Barrow as legitimate & democratically elected president of Gambia

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/01/photo-un-confirms-as-president-of-gambia.html

It is all over for Jammeh.
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by babyfaceafrica: 10:29pm On Jan 19, 2017
I don't care
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by sleeknick: 10:29pm On Jan 19, 2017
ritababe:

stay front I go follow you from behind.
To whom it may concern.
Keep joking with your future and that of your unborn.
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by foxzy(m): 10:30pm On Jan 19, 2017
mm
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by ritababe(f): 10:31pm On Jan 19, 2017
sleeknick:
To whom it may concern. Keep joking with your future and that of your unborn.
did i say anything wrong?
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 19, 2017
martineverest:
barrow shud have shut his mouth instead of being too lousy after winning the election.he is d cause of this brouhaha......jammeh announced he was going to step down,only for barrow to start telling the world how he s going to jail jammeh
He is not wise. African leader always know how to negotiate their bad past and will never go to jail no matter what. All will likely be media trial and he would always know his way out because no one is clean among them.
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by FuckTheMod: 10:33pm On Jan 19, 2017
They're all fools. Is that the right way to do things?
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by idupaul: 10:36pm On Jan 19, 2017
ritababe:

it doesn't matter, Botswana confirmed it already, ECOWAS and AU will confirm it too, so stop the crap about downgrading abeg.

You are clearly not equipped to understand my message so I suggest you stay in your Lane abeg.

1 Like

Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by idupaul: 10:38pm On Jan 19, 2017
realemmyz:
This issue concerns them if Gambia is a signatory to un and even if they are not the issue can cause bloodshed so it needs every possible intervention

I didn't say it doesn't concern them but they have set precedence simple ..Why didnt they do this during the Ivory Coast fiasco .
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by kokomilala(m): 10:40pm On Jan 19, 2017
The outcome isn't farfetched.The Gambia is one of the smallest countries in mainland Africa.About 1.9 million people.800 soldiers.No wonder Nigeria sent 800 soldiers there.Their forces will be overrun in no time.
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by kjhova(m): 10:44pm On Jan 19, 2017
idupaul:
See what this foolish Jammeh has caused;;; he has set a precedence for the UN legitimising African govts instead of their constitution.

Nope. The UN didn't legitimise Adama Barrow's presidency. UN only recognised the legitimate government of Gambia in accordance with Gambian constitution.

This is the same way the UN is going to recognise Donald Trump as POTUS once he is sworn in tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by kjhova(m): 10:49pm On Jan 19, 2017
idupaul:

I didn't say it doesn't concern them but they have set precedence simple ..Why didnt they do this during the Ivory Coast fiasco .

In the Ivory Coast, Alassane Ouattara wasn't sworn in until Gbagbo was arrested and locked up so the UN couldn't have recognised a government that was yet to be sworn in. However as soon as Ouattara was sworn in, the UN, AU & ECOWAS recognised him as the legitimate leader of Ivory Coast immediately.
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 19, 2017
priceaction:
Simple congratulations would have saved him all these drama.
This is why Africa will always find it difficult to grow. Our elites are so wicked , greedy, power drunk and selfish. They will never want anything that will make their subordinate to advance.
See what a greedy heart of a tyrant has caused everyone. Wasted funds for military logistics, many business owners might have lost alot, many citizens might have died due to tension. Many expatriates have hurriedly left despite unscheduled travelling.
Just acceptance of defeat, I mean just congratulations phone calls and step aside would have made him go and enjoy his loot. Now he will loose all, I mean all.
The Bible is right when he said he who try to save his life will loose it. I am sorry for his family especially his wife boosting that he has her support last week. From next few months now, she will see the difference.

Agrred with your post until the last sentence!

you are sorry for his family ke? Did Abacha's family tell you they are suffering? ...or Babangida's family? Mobutu? Samuel Doe? Mugabe? Ex-Dictators suffering is different from poor man's suffering o!
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by lastpage: 10:51pm On Jan 19, 2017
PearlStreet:
Legitimacy comes from the Constitution of the people of Gambia and not any international agency.

Next time, before any African Dictator conducts an election, he would suspend his membership of AU, and the UN.

In any case, Jammeh is an unwanted nuisance and he should be booted out.

irrespective of his membership of the UN, the whole "civilized" world can come together and determine that the president has over-stayed his welcome, once the people VOTED HIM OUT.............. and he would be removed, by force if necessary.

Jammeh himself has "condemned himself" when he accepted the result, congratulated the President-elect .......... only to wake-up and make a U-Turn!

It is just unthinkable that ther eis something he thinks he wanna do, that he had not been able to do in 22years of being in power.

But if you look closely, HIS WIFE is probably at the root of his stubbornness.
Recall that Mama Piss was isolated for a long time, till Jonathan was forced to make that "acceptance speech that was broadcasted"?
And those in the know will tell you that she was very furious, insisting that Jonathan should not have accepted defeat and for some weeks after, she was angry at Jonathan.

That is how powerful women are and a man needs to be firm in his decisions, not allowing their women to goad them into 'dangerous situations', just like Laurent Gbagbo of Ivory Coast

That is one of the reasons l admire Buhari

Lastpage!

4 Likes

Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by PearlStreet(m): 10:56pm On Jan 19, 2017
lastpage:

irrespective of his membership of the UN, the whole "civilized" world can come together and determine that the president has over-stayed his welcome, once the people VOTED HIM OUT.............. and he would be removed, by force if necessary.

Jammeh himself has "condemned himself" when he accepted the result, congratulated the President-elect .......... only to wake-up and make a U-Turn!

It is just unthinkable that ther eis something he thinks he wanna do, that he had not been able to do in 22years of being in power.

But if you look closely, HIS WIFE is probably at the root of his stubbornness.
Recall that Mama Piss was isolated for a long time, till Jonathan was forced to make that "acceptance speech that was broadcasted"?
And those in the know will tell you that she was very furious, insisting that Jonathan should not have accepted defeat and for some weeks after, she was angry at Jonathan.

That is how powerful women are and a man needs to be firm in his decisions, not allowing their women to goad them into 'dangerous situations', just like Laurent Gbagbo of Ivory Coast

That is one of the reasons l admire Buhari

Lastpage!

Very valid points you have there mate. Even till today, I doubt if she has forgiven him.

However, I think Jammeh is being remotely controlled by some forces that wish him totally destroyed. Since his army chief declined fighting the AU Forces, I guess Jammeh is.going to fight them by himself.
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 19, 2017
idupaul:
See what this foolish Jammeh has caused;;; he has set a precedence for the UN legitimising African govts instead of their constitution.

Very bad precedence. UN will now be used to do the unthinkable in Africa.
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by idupaul: 11:30pm On Jan 19, 2017
1stCitizen:

Very bad precedence. UN will now be used to do the unthinkable in Africa.

Thank GOD you have a great mind and you can see where this is headed in the future

1 Like

Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by wink2015(m): 11:32pm On Jan 19, 2017
The world need a new United Nation, not this biased and one sided UN. Why is the same United Nation refusing to intervene in the Niger delta area of Nigeria when Buhari and his northern apologist have been oppressing the Good people of the Niger delta.

The same United Nation have turned indigene of Bakassi refugee in their own land courtesy of a world court judgement that former Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo wrongly agreed to go to court without the senate authorization only to loose a Nigerian territory to Cameroun.

The same United Nation turned blind eyes to the activities of african dictators that have overstayed their welcome like President Paul Biya of Cameroun, Mugabe of Zimbabwe.

" Which country even unite for United Nation" Fela Anikulakpo Kuti
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by wink2015(m): 11:41pm On Jan 19, 2017
When MKO Abiola won the 1993 Presidential Election the same United Nation kept quiet and allow Abacha to lock up Abiola leading to his untimely death.

The United Nation is fake and they practise double standard. The Mr Barrow that Buhari, Ecowas leaders and the United Nation are clamouring for to get to power may get to power today and tomorrow he will change to a dictator and start misbehaving. Are we not aware that absolute power corrupt absolutely.

Buhari that is claiming to be a democrat has ruined the Nigeria economy within a short space of time far worst than what former President Jonathan did. No wonder a man like Trump refused to invite Buhari to his inauguration.

Trump know that Buhari is an islamic fundamentalist and a die hard fulani stubborn man who has not added value to the Nigerian economy.

Now Buhari has abandoned governance, handover power to Osinbanjo and he is embarking on a short vacation to London probably to secretly take medical treatment in the United Kingdom.But Buhari has not work for the Nigerian state to deserve such a rest. He had only ruin the economy without any tangible growth of the economy.

Nigerians are waiting for Buhari in 2019 to decide his future!

Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by Ibman: 12:03am On Jan 20, 2017
It is a petiable pizma bizma, it regrettably lugrublious
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by Btruth: 1:44am On Jan 20, 2017
martineverest:
barrow shud have shut his mouth instead of being too lousy after winning the election.he is d cause of this brouhaha......jammeh announced he was going to step down,only for barrow to start telling the world how he s going to jail jammeh

.......but unfortunately for him, he will still be jail. As in Jammeh.
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by keynesstreet2: 3:04am On Jan 20, 2017
The mouth piece of Allah, Allah say Alllah say..............
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by DBestDoc(f): 4:30am On Jan 20, 2017
ritababe:

it doesn't matter, Botswana confirmed it already, ECOWAS and AU will confirm it too, so stop the crap about downgrading abeg.

Botswana of all countries that's like a family business? It's like a case of pot calling kettle black. cheesy

Their president has been in power for God knows how long and he took over from his father. His brothers and Uncles are the country's chiefs.

I'm sure if and when he decides to step down, another family member will continue from where he stopped.

The thing is, the citizens aren't complaining anyways.
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by Nobody: 4:32am On Jan 20, 2017
[quote author=DBestDoc post=52960947]

Botswana of all countries that's like a family business? It's like a case of pot calling kettle black. cheesy

Their president has been in power for God knows how long and he took over from his father. His brothers and U
His probably a fair leader.
Libyans were enjoying before America destroyed them.
Not all dictators are evil

1 Like

Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by DBestDoc(f): 4:40am On Jan 20, 2017
[quote author=Justdulla post=52960956][/quote]
Now read my post again.
I was referring to sit tight presidents and not evil leaders.

Didn't say he was evil and i wrote that his citizens aren't complaining as far as i know.

When you quote, make sure you write something relevant to the quoted comment.
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by Nobody: 4:44am On Jan 20, 2017
DBestDoc:

Now read my post again.
I was referring to sit tight presidents and not evil leaders.

Didn't say he was evil and i wrote that his citizens aren't complaining as far as i know.

When you quote, make sure you write something relevant to the quoted comment.
What da fvck are you typing?
Did you bother to read ma post too before quoting.
I just wrote based on my thinking,wasn't criticizing yah opinion.
Nigress take time oo
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by sunnymighty(m): 5:38am On Jan 20, 2017
Jammeh U see ya life?
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by Nobody: 5:57am On Jan 20, 2017
sleeknick:
THE MOVEMENT HAS BEGUN :

I just pity this country. I think it's really time for revolution. The people against the government. Make we kukuma destroy the country start over again. It's too much sef. Every time from frying pan to fire. Weda it's apc or pdp i don't give a hoot. I don't even think there is any political divide in this country. They are all one body acting a script. These same people who bash each other have their secret place of meeting where they strategize for their next move. It's time for we as a people in unity to fight this government and oust all of them. Very incompetent set of people in leadership positions. I watched a movie yesterday "Snowden" in that movie it wasn't even the fact that America is spying on the whole world that got my attention. It's the level of intelligence these people have. I was baffled. As it is, america is already in the future while Africa is still trying to copy their past. 
I get sick to my stomach when i see how our youths who are supposed to be the leaders of tomorrow let themselves to be used as pawns by these politicians for their selfish gains. 
It is time to take OUR country back! 
It's not Apc or PDP who owns the country. It's you and i. Trust me. Even if leadership changes hands it's still going to continue like this or even worst. The political system needs to be purged. 
Lets start making the noise! 

REVOLUTION!!! 
I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK!!! 
Lets kick off this trend. 
I'm ready to give my life for this course i swear! 
#GIVEMEMYCOUNTRY

Do you know how to govern a country. Ode
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by Nobody: 6:00am On Jan 20, 2017
wink2015:
When MKO Abiola won the 1993 Presidential Election the same United Nation kept quiet and allow Abacha to lock up Abiola leading to his untimely death.

The United Nation is fake and they practise double standard. The Mr Barrow that Buhari, Ecowas leaders and the United Nation are clamouring for to get to power may get to power today and tomorrow he will change to a dictator and start misbehaving. Are we not aware that absolute power corrupt absolutely.

Buhari that is claiming to be a democrat has ruined the Nigeria economy within a short space of time far worst than what former President Jonathan did. No wonder a man like Trump refused to invite Buhari to his inauguration.

Trump know that Buhari is an islamic fundamentalist and a die hard fulani stubborn man who has not added value to the Nigerian economy.

Now Buhari has abandoned governance, handover power to Osinbanjo and he is embarking on a short vacation to London probably to secretly take medical treatment in the United Kingdom.But Buhari has not work for the Nigerian state to deserve such a rest. He had only ruin the economy without any tangible growth of the economy.

Nigerians are waiting for Buhari in 2019 to decide his future!

Good luck did worst. Thanks to PMB who is soft on him.
Re: UN Confirms Barrow As President Of Gambia by henryhemon(m): 6:13am On Jan 20, 2017
exlinkleads:
when are they removing that stuuuupid imposter

wey power no dey tire am, for 22 years

him remain Mogabe

his time is coming
No hope for Mugabe that one is on the verge. ....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

U.S. Strikes Iran-linked Facility In Syria In Round Of Retaliation. / Captain Yari Emmanuel Killed By Boko Haram Terrorists (Photos) / China Deploys Warship Around Taiwan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.