Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,143 members, 7,811,217 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

Trying To Be A More Realistic Writer. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Trying To Be A More Realistic Writer. (916 Views)

Hyper Realistic Portrait Painting By Yabatech Graduate / Get Rich Or Die Trying. (earn The Dollars Legally) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trying To Be A More Realistic Writer. by DonEse125(f): 6:01pm On Nov 27, 2009
ok,here's the deal. when i write,i tend to romanticize stuff. when my characters are in relationships they have problems,but ultimately they work things out. i guess you could say i believe in happy ever after and happy endings. unfortunately,life doesnt always work out that way. i can write about sad stuff,and i do it well,but i wanna try writing something that strips events to their most basic components,stuff that's blunt. i dont want my main character to be mr nice guy or anything like that. i want him to be blunt and ruthless,to the point of being cruel,with a wicked sense of humor. anyway,enough talk. here goes:
Sarah wondered,and not for the first time what she was doing with a man like Vincent. She was in a cramped danfo bus;she sat next to a morbidly obese woman who was slowly squeezing the life out of her. 'How come these fat people never pay for two seats? They certainly take up the space',she muttered to herself. The bus stopped abruptly and she was involuntarily jerked forward. Other passengers began to hail invectiveson the bus driver. She started to join in,but then shrugged it off. Sarah Majekodunmi did not like trouble. Which,when you thought about it,was ridiculous,considering she was with Vincent. The man was the very definition of trouble. She wiggled around a bit,desperately trying to create a little space where there was none and finally gave up a few seconds later. The bus gradually slowed to a stop. There was a traffic jam. Sarah took in a deep breath and began to consider her relationship,or lack thereof with Vincent. They'd met a few months earlier;he'd bumped into her on the street. He'd been really sweet,he'd helped her pick up her things and carry them to her car which was a few feet away. She'd been taken with his courtesy,his kind smile,and,of course,the fact that he was wickedly handsome had'nt hurt. So she'd broken a personal rule andd given him her number immediately he asked.
Re: Trying To Be A More Realistic Writer. by DonEse125(f): 6:19pm On Nov 27, 2009
'They went out on one or two dates,and then he invited her to his apartment. She thought of acting coy,of getting all righteously indignant that he'd ask such a thing,but decided against it. She'd been bored for months,she wanted a little fun,so why not go for it with this handsome dude? She went to his apartment,well aware that it wasn't the wise thing to do,but she didnt care. She'd expected some kissing,maybe a little groping,but she under-estimated him. Five minutes after she entered his apartment,he had sex with her on the three-seater couch in his sitting room. And in the six months that had gone buy,things hadn't changed much. He'd call her,she'd come over,they'd do the deed,and that was that. Except along the line,Sarah had done the unthinkable;she'd fallen in love with him. He was the reason she was in the bus;he'd called,and like the idiot she was,she'd dropped everything and gone running to him. Sarah supposed that some people might think she was a LovePeddler. Sometimes,she thoght she was a LovePeddler;afterall,what self-respecting woman would choose to be with a man who saw her as nothing more than an outlet for his physical needs? A LovePeddler,no doubt,except a LovePeddler got paid;she didn't. Then she brushed aside the thought as easily as it had come. So what if she was practically a LovePeddler for a man who treated her like crap? She liked sleeping with him,and she'd liked it long before she figured out she was in love with him,and if that made her a LovePeddler,then so what? She wasnt religious,she saw sex as just another body function;like breathing and eating. It was something she couldt do without,and as long as she played safe,she was alright with that.
Re: Trying To Be A More Realistic Writer. by steeze(m): 4:07am On Nov 28, 2009
This is a lot more believable than happy ever afters. This is because u made these xters - vincent and sarah - have flaws. Sarah, in actual fact, might come across to some as a LovePeddler. I can relate with that. On a whole i must commend u. Its usu hard 4 1st timers to resist d temptation of making their xters perfect. U obviously improved.
Re: Trying To Be A More Realistic Writer. by DonEse125(f): 8:10am On Nov 28, 2009
Thanks,except i'm not a first timer,and my characters have flaws,i mean,c'mon,perfection's boring. But thanks all the same
Re: Trying To Be A More Realistic Writer. by nwadinma(f): 9:42am On Nov 28, 2009
I think it will make an interesting read.
Re: Trying To Be A More Realistic Writer. by olulu(m): 11:18pm On Dec 03, 2009
more, more, !!!

come on, go on, !!!

don't keep me waiting girlfriend !!!

(1) (Reply)

The Best Book, I Ever Read. / Best Site That Develops Your Writing Skill / Neo Generation Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.