Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,375 members, 7,850,353 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:22 PM

IPOB Take Note: Port Harcourt Is "REBISI" And Not Igwe-ocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Take Note: Port Harcourt Is "REBISI" And Not Igwe-ocha (2063 Views)

IPOB Take Over The Streets Of Sao Paulo Brazil / Who Owns Igwe Ocha (Port Harcourt)? / "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB Take Note: Port Harcourt Is "REBISI" And Not Igwe-ocha by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 20, 2017
When I saw IPOB protesters front of a sign post written "Oroworukwo Town Hall", I thought it was time to set the records straight. Port Harcourt is not an Igbo Territory but an Ikwerre Kingdom. I still maintain that IPOB must be called to order and should restrict their protest to Igbo State Capitals of Enugu, Abakaliki, Awka, Owerri and Umuahia.

Below is a brief history of Rebisi Kingdom (Port Harcourt):

Rebisi is a traditional kingdom of the Ikwerre people in what is today Nigeria. It is located within Port Harcourt (local government area) and comprises the localities of Oroabali, Orolozu, Orogbum, Oroworukwo, Orochiri, Oromeruezimgbu and Oroada.

The traditional ruler who is also the paramount king of Port Harcourt is the occupant of the Eze Apara Rebisi stool and serves as the intermediary between the Rebisi people of Port Harcourt and the government.[1]

History of Rebisi Edit

List of rulers of Rebisi Edit
HRM Eze Elikwu Ekaninwo, Eze Apara Rebisi IV
HRM Eze Elikwu Ekaninwo Mati, Eze Apara Rebisi V
HRM Eze Elikwu Woruji, Eze Apara Rebisi VI
HRM Eze Elikwu Dike, Eze Apara Rebisi VII
HRM Eze Elikwu Worluchem, Eze Apara Rebisi VIII
HRM Eze Phillip Elikwu, Eze Apara Rebisi IX
HRM Eze Victor Weli Woluchem, Eze Apara Rebisi X
HRM Eze Sunday Nnanta Woluchem, Eze Apara Rebisi XI
HRM Eze Victor Nnanna Woluchem II, Eze Apara Rebisi XII[2]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebisi

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Take Note: Port Harcourt Is "REBISI" And Not Igwe-ocha by iamhorny(m): 6:23pm On Jan 20, 2017
you no dey tire? u sha want attention you this afonja

infact after me any person that replies you must be an idiot

4 Likes

Re: IPOB Take Note: Port Harcourt Is "REBISI" And Not Igwe-ocha by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 20, 2017
iamhorny:
you no dey tire? u sha want attention you this afonja

infact after me any person that replies you must be an idiot

PMB needs to teach Nnamdi Kanu and all IPOB miscreants like you, a hard lesson.

6 Likes

Re: IPOB Take Note: Port Harcourt Is "REBISI" And Not Igwe-ocha by queencalipso(f): 6:38pm On Jan 20, 2017
Let the people with the knowledge of ph history come and talk am just here to learn..

But I know the op is lieing sha.
Re: IPOB Take Note: Port Harcourt Is "REBISI" And Not Igwe-ocha by omofunaab(m): 6:40pm On Jan 20, 2017
@Op these people will call you afonja.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Take Note: Port Harcourt Is "REBISI" And Not Igwe-ocha by najoke: 7:47pm On Jan 20, 2017
MyPWisINCORRECT:

PMB needs to teach Nnamdi Kanu and all IPOB miscreants like you, a hard lesson.
Gbam

1 Like

Re: IPOB Take Note: Port Harcourt Is "REBISI" And Not Igwe-ocha by xmich(m): 7:57pm On Jan 20, 2017
Yoruba miscreant on lose again, weather you like it or not PORT HARCOURT is IGWEOCHA.

If it pains you you can take Awo route it's allowed.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Take Note: Port Harcourt Is "REBISI" And Not Igwe-ocha by SIRmanjar(m): 8:02pm On Jan 20, 2017
Nigerians especially my fellow yorubas una no dey taya for all dis childish portharcout is not ibo,asaba is not ibo tin sef?well I belive itz d illiterate jobless onez amongst us datz displaying dis stupidity.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Take Note: Port Harcourt Is "REBISI" And Not Igwe-ocha by Habakus: 8:04pm On Jan 20, 2017
Op,your post is riddled with several false assertions. First of all,Biafra is not an Igbo thing; a lot of ethnic groups who are not Igbos identify with Biafra ( I don't know how many times it will be drummed into your head before you understand this).
Secondly,the issue of who owns portharcourt has been rehearsed here many times. Portharcourt was formally known as Iguocha or ugwuocha ( see: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Harcourt ). Iguocha or Igwuocha is a typical Igbo word no matter how you look at it or twist it. And the area was known as part of Igboland before even before colonization. These are simple facts that are easily verifiable.
Ikwerres speak Igbo language,their names are Igbo,the names of their towns and villages are Igbo,and even the names of the kings you listed above are mainly Igbos. So what else are you saying?
The highest form of deceit is self deception.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Take Note: Port Harcourt Is "REBISI" And Not Igwe-ocha by Odingo1: 8:11pm On Jan 20, 2017
MyPWisINCORRECT:
When I saw IPOB protesters front of a sign post written "Oroworukwo Town Hall", I thought it was time to set the records straight. Port Harcourt is not an Igbo Territory but an Ikwerre Kingdom. I still maintain that IPOB must be called to order and should restrict their protest to Igbo State Capitals of Enugu, Abakaliki, Awka, Owerri and Umuahia.

Rebisi is a traditional kingdom of the Ikwerre people in what is today Nigeria. It is located within Port Harcourt (local government area) and comprises the localities of Oroabali, Orolozu, Orogbum, Oroworukwo, Orochiri, Oromeruezimgbu and Oroada.

The traditional ruler who is also the paramount king of Port Harcourt is the occupant of the Eze Apara Rebisi stool and serves as the intermediary between the Rebisi people of Port Harcourt and the government.[1]

History of Rebisi Edit

[/b]The name Eze this,Eze that,Nnanna Eze them, the names have giving them away as Igbo people[b], Imagine Chibuike Amaechi with two igbo names arguing that he is not Igbo grin grin grin grin grin,Igweocha is the former name of PH before the white people rename it just as they renamed Eko and call it Lagos.Go and read your history Mr man. The whole of PH have Igbo names till date,Rumuokoro,Diobu,Rumu Obasi are all Igbo names.
[/b]Ikwerre people owned PH and they are Igboid group like Ika,Anioma,Ngwa,etc.[b],they are all Igbos.

7 Likes

Re: IPOB Take Note: Port Harcourt Is "REBISI" And Not Igwe-ocha by Armaggedon: 8:47pm On Jan 20, 2017
Abagworo you've been silent lately. How is ipob making you feel?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Take Note: Port Harcourt Is "REBISI" And Not Igwe-ocha by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 20, 2017
Ikwerres are not Igbos. Anthropologists have traced Ikwerre ancestry to ancient Bini Kingdom. Also the Ekpeyes and Ogbas in Rivers State originated from Bini and are definitely not Igbos.

The long-throat for the oil rich city of Port Harcourt drove Ojukwu into sacrificing 3 million of his kinsmen between '67 to '70.

Fast forward 50 years later, Nnamdi Kanu, in his foolish quest to be the youngest African Leader, is making same mistake. The body-count has started rising. Nnamdi Kano, Uche Mefor and Emma Powerful should use their tongues to count their teeth.

Governor Nyesom Ezenwo Wike is an Ikwerre man who has no joy. He has addressed this Biafran issue in different fora. Igbos should wise up.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Take Note: Port Harcourt Is "REBISI" And Not Igwe-ocha by JohnsonOlanre: 9:20pm On Jan 20, 2017
MyPWisINCORRECT:

History of Rebisi Edit

Ok...We agree with your yoruba muslim skull. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: IPOB Take Note: Port Harcourt Is "REBISI" And Not Igwe-ocha by pentlumpro(f): 10:05pm On Jan 20, 2017
xmich:
Yoruba miscreant on lose again, weather you like it or not PORT HARCOURT is IGWEOCHA.

If it pains you you can take Awo route it's allowed.
Two bottles of hero for you

5 Likes

Re: IPOB Take Note: Port Harcourt Is "REBISI" And Not Igwe-ocha by Neoguru3: 10:22pm On Jan 20, 2017
I was expecting the "loof" to tell us how Ikwerres flew from bini via the thick forest and jungles to where they are. Ikwerre anu meka. Chukwu Okike gozie unu.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Take Note: Port Harcourt Is "REBISI" And Not Igwe-ocha by Adminisher: 10:35pm On Jan 20, 2017
Rebisi is the name of a People not a place
Re: IPOB Take Note: Port Harcourt Is "REBISI" And Not Igwe-ocha by xmich(m): 7:44am On Jan 21, 2017
pentlumpro:

Two bottles of hero for you

Thanks for the Hero

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Saraki Is Too Small To Cause War In Nigeria / Atiku Welcomed By US Officials As He Arrives Trump Hotel In Washington D.C. Pics / Human Rights Commission Report Indicts, Top Cop Abba Kyari, May Be Dismissed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.