Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,266 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? (20177 Views)

Modernised Hummer Jeep Spotted In Enugu / Made-in-Nigeria Limousine And Hummer Jeep! / Finally, A Made In Nigeria Car - And It's Like The Hummer Jeep! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? by awolumate(m): 12:47am On Jan 14, 2007
Why Hummer Jeep?

Hello Guys, Is spending several thousands of dollars in buying a Hummer Jeep really worth it? This money can establish a full fledged manufacturing firm at Nigerian standard.

Just wondering why some nigerians put so much pay on this car. Sign of "[i]I don arrive[/b]" or what? cheesy

Re: Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? by LanreDaMan(m): 3:37pm On Jan 14, 2007
There is nothing wrong in Buying Luxury Goods especially when you have a solid accounts and investments But I wont buy a hummer even if the price came down to 50kobo I prefer a Volkswagen Toureg ,a Nissan Murano and the New Infiniti Jeep
Re: Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? by Loads: 10:55pm On Feb 08, 2007
My friend got a nice second hand Hummer for £10,000 shiping and clearing cost about £2000 and the Hummer looks very new. So its not a big deal having a hummer my M Class is even much more expensive than the Hummer. If you want a brand new Hummer with all the bling bling extras like P Diddy then you will spend about £50,000, not a big deal men
Re: Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? by awolumate(m): 2:53pm On Mar 21, 2007
My Brother, na big deal ooo of person never get Investment, ah i no dey oooo, hummer 4 10,00pounds? what king h1?h2?h3? year of make? I am curious on this price you just mention 10kah , u got a pick? shocked
Re: Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? by Ivvie: 12:39am On Mar 23, 2007
That's a polished-up Tahoe.  Chevy Tahoe as Texas refers to it.
Re: Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? by akara(m): 11:02am On Mar 25, 2007
grin

For someone with the funds, there are better jeeps out there than the hummer, the VOLVO XC90 is one of them. Personally I just dont like them, too loud!

grin

1 Like

Re: Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? by exu(m): 11:19am On Mar 25, 2007
haha

those things look stupid.
Re: Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? by kellorah: 12:45pm On Mar 25, 2007
it's good for bad roads undecided
Re: Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? by seun70(m): 1:47pm On Mar 25, 2007
Loads,

Hummer, for £10000, ol boy be honest. How did he get it? Half price deal or what?
Re: Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? by Glamourgal(f): 1:48pm On Mar 25, 2007
wot r u trying to say? that some people can't afford it? undecided
Re: Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? by Loads: 2:22pm On Mar 25, 2007
Seun70,

You can also get one at a cars Auction its all about getting a good deal at the right time. These types of auction goes on everyday in UK. I did not say he bought a brand new one o.
Re: Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? by hbrednic: 6:30pm On Mar 25, 2007
give yourself a big threat if you can,life is just but once,anything that can make you happy without harming others,just do it.you can get a clean hummer on ebay or carpoint for $40,000.thats no big deal if you have a standard biz,and less family members that calls you every day to send money to them.i have the bmw x3 but wants to change it with the british gentleman(range rover westminister).the ultimate 4x4.

1 Like

Re: Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? by alberto: 7:57pm On Mar 25, 2007
dude do you really avre the hummer oh sorry you hope to have you wretched piss of shit angry pls dont cry cry
Re: Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? by 4Play(m): 8:00pm On Mar 25, 2007
A second hand Hummer for £10,000 sounds plausible in the UK
Re: Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? by mushki: 12:31am On Mar 26, 2007
I hope u Hummer owners don't run into these kind of troubles.

Raila’s Hummer runs into trouble
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Standard Reporter

Raila Odinga’s sensational Hummer got a taste of bad roads when the rocky terrain in Marakwet District overwhelmed it.The SUV suffered a puncture and was unable to muster enough power to ascend a steep section.

Vehicles in Raila’s convoy had to reverse several metres to give the Hummer enough "runway" to build a surge that propelled it across the rocky section along the Tot-Kapsowar Road.

1 Like

Re: Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? by jimaj4life(m): 8:55am On Mar 26, 2007
hnm,i dont fink itz ever possible to get a hummer jeep in england, i live in u.k and i know the worth of cars here man!! even an ordinary second hand BMW x5 costs about £27500, not to talk of hummer, anyways,people dont really use hummer here cus they are not english cars, but lets face the fact,u cant get a HUMMER jeep for £10000, never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked
Re: Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? by 2dye4(m): 10:34am On Mar 26, 2007
hummers, escalades, rovers, what have u? frankly its no biggie if ur stash can handle it. the makers (GM) have a target market in mind the auto's gots its own type of appeal (it epitomizes d male ego), more like u see a car & if u were to assign it a gender, u'd call it a man. thats d hummer feel.
Re: Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? by Loads: 3:05pm On Mar 26, 2007
Its not a debate it happened. I can take you to some nice car auctions if you want. And English people use Hummer not as much as Americans but they do. where have you been? Are you sure you are in UK. Oh Luton, it a bit of a quiet place isn't it
jimaj4life:

hnm,i don't think itz ever possible to get a hummer jeep in england, i live in u.k and i know the worth of cars here man!! even an ordinary second hand BMW x5 costs about £27500, not to talk of hummer, anyways,people don't really use hummer here cus they are not english cars, but lets face the fact,u can't get a HUMMER jeep for £10000, never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked
Re: Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? by Loads: 3:53pm On Mar 26, 2007
Re: Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:08pm On Mar 26, 2007
kellofish:

it's good for bad roads undecided

Seriously. Pretty much the main reason my dad intends to get one for Nigeria cos of their horrid roads.
Re: Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? by Kinsh(f): 5:13pm On Mar 26, 2007
They are horrible lookin nyway,,,,,,
'can feel u LanreDaMan,,,,, talking about WV Toureg wink wink wink CLASSIC kiss

Wat roads plzzzzzzzzzzzzz dat "thing" looks like one is going 4 war grin
Re: Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? by LoverBwoy(m): 5:23pm On Mar 26, 2007
jimaj4life:

hnm,i don't think itz ever possible to get a hummer jeep in england, i live in u.k and i know the worth of cars here man!! even an ordinary second hand BMW x5 costs about £27500, not to talk of hummer, anyways,people don't really use hummer here cus they are not english cars, but lets face the fact,u can't get a HUMMER jeep for £10000, never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked

Erm that's the reason a second hand hummer will be cheap in the You.K, because many people don't use it! apart from looking stupid Gordon Brown will be on your mind every single mile of the way  grin

p.s most cars in the u.k are european and asia-honda n co,

1 Like

Re: Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? by bizgynbala(m): 6:06pm On Mar 26, 2007
nah wah for naijirians well i guess d jeep (HUMMER) is more than wat meets d eye NO B SMALL THING
Re: Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? by software(m): 7:59pm On Mar 26, 2007
Hmmmn

@topic

I really dont think there is anything bad if u buy a hummer or even a better cruz than Hummer.
First, make sure u gat enough investments and fat bank accounts.

I would personally like to have a HUMMER grin
Re: Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? by FKseun(m): 8:35pm On Mar 26, 2007
There's nothing wrong in buying a hummer jeep or any loud jeep for that matter. The problem is that when you start driving or exhibiting such affluence in a society like ours where security is 'expensive' even for the rich, then there's a problem. There's so much glaring poverty in the land. You would need to watch you back everywhere you go. No that kidnapping has been discovered to be lucrative, God help us all.
Re: Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? by Loads: 9:37pm On Mar 26, 2007
Kinsh:

They are horrible lookin nyway,,,,,,
'can feel u LanreDaMan,,,,, talking about WV Toureg wink wink wink CLASSIC kiss

What roads plzzzzzzzzzzzzz that "thing" looks like one is going 4 war grin

ha ha ha ha ha ha so funny, it was actually designed for war before they went mainstream. The army still use it for war though
Re: Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? by Kayus99(m): 11:13pm On Mar 26, 2007
The upfront payment to purchase a 2nd hand Hummer H2/H3 is no big deal, the big question is can you afford it, that is maintenance. There is no point buying something and it becomes a challenge to enjoy it.
Re: Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? by bameyi(m): 12:39am On Mar 27, 2007
forget that crab i will not buy i na crazy dey worry me, look even if i get money full house. what for that crab is urgly. just big
Re: Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? by breeolan(f): 7:42am On Mar 27, 2007
@ awolumate

The reason i'd buy an hummer is the same reason,y u wont buy that old volkswagen beetle, its called taste, and its not a matter of i don arrive, a sane person dat buys dat car must have enuf for himself and also for the upkeep of dat jeep,
so bros, i want to believe your not beefing someone,
wink
Re: Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? by samyyoung1(m): 11:33am On Mar 27, 2007
I would rather buy a HUMMER JEEP than to marry Miss World
Re: Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? by lilvonz(m): 6:08pm On Mar 27, 2007
hUMMER
I like the name
But i thiink everything depends on money.
I can buy a car twice as expensive if i have the money.

Money is the root of all evil?
Re: Why Buy A Hummer Jeep? by awolumate(m): 11:37pm On Mar 29, 2007
@breeolan.

Word, TASTE BUT THAT THING CALLED HUMMER IS JUST A HYPE, NOTHING AGAINST THOSE WHO LOVE IT BUT MY POINT IS HAVING A RESERVE,AT LEAST AN INVESTMENT B4 HUMMER. THAT REFINED MOLUE DEY GULP FUEL LIKE MAD, NO BEEF AGAINT NO ONE SIS,

off record, You are cute, saw ur prof. Keep it up. cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Does It Mean To Have “mansory” Attached To The Name Of A Car? / Hundreds Of Ford Owners Sue Ford For Bad Wheel Nuts (photos) / Automobile Workers Kick Against FG Move To Slash Vehicles Duty To 10%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.