Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,742 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps (32393 Views)

Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Vegetable Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps by VastFinder: 3:33pm On Jan 21, 2017

Nigerian fried rice is one of the most familiar ‘events-associated’ meal and carb as some people eat rice in one form or the other as frequently as on a daily basis.

Fried rice is an interesting and delicious form of rice which is perpetually prepared in many Nigerian kitchens. Consider following the steps below if you want to try your hands on making it.

How to Prepare Nigerian Fried Rice: Ingredients
*. Fresh water (straight from the tap)
*. 1 tablespoon of plain yellow curry powder
*. 100g cow liver
*. 1/3 Tin of mixed vegies (peas, carrots, green beans)
*. 1 teaspoon of chilli sauce
*. Chicken (whole chicken or chicken drumsticks)
*. ½ teaspoon thyme
*. 2-4 seasoning cubes
*. 1 medium sliced onion
*. 1 teaspoon white pepper
*. 1 teaspoon curry powder
*. Salt

How to Prepare the Fried Rice: Cooking Directions
1. Cut the chicken and cook with curry and seasoning cubes. Add sliced onions and thyme.

2. Grill the chicken in an oven to give it a golden look.

3. Cook the cow liver and chop into tiny cubes when done. The liver and chicken can be cooked together.

4. Parboil the rice (this would see to it that the rice doesn’t stick together) rinse and drain the water.

5. Put the chicken and liver (with all the content) in a sieve to get out the water.

6. Heat the chicken and liver water to boil; add the parboiled rice.

Add salt to taste and 1 tablespoon of curry powder.

7. Stir content vigorously for 2-3 minutes; cover it up and leave to cook on medium heat.

8. Transfer the cooked rice to another pot (to avoid it sticking together).

9. Divide the rice into 4 or 5 batches (depending on the size of your pot/frying pan).

10. Divide the diced cow liver and chicken into the same number of batch you divide the rice to.

11. Add a minute quantity of vegetable oil into the pot/frying pan for around 30 seconds. Add the diced liver and chicken, add some onions then follow up with one batch of the rice.

12. Repeat step 11 for the 4 batches of rice. Add more salt or curry powder if necessary.

13. After all the batches are done; heat the fried rice together with the mixed vegies (peas, carrots, green beans) in medium heat for 1-2 minutes.

Your fried rice is ready to be served.

Note: This is a simpler method which can be used instead of using a wok.

Be sure to serve or refrigerate quickly as fried rice gets spoilt very fast. As fast as losing its taste the same day it was cooked.

Source: https://vastfinder..com/2017/01/how-to-make-nigerian-fried-rice-full.html

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps by Asegzy: 4:28pm On Jan 21, 2017
Na fried rice be this? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps by Dontripsy(m): 6:16pm On Jan 21, 2017
lol

looks nice tho
Re: Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps by muller102(m): 6:16pm On Jan 21, 2017
Irrelevant thread. Lala. Pls close this thread. For I will forward thee a snake thread.

22 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps by Vanpascore(m): 6:17pm On Jan 21, 2017
Which one be yellow curry and which one be curry powder?? Op, which rice we dey use, local or foreign??

5 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps by muller102(m): 6:18pm On Jan 21, 2017
Vanpascore:
H
hyena

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps by shamecurls(m): 6:18pm On Jan 21, 2017
Recession go agree make person chop dis kind food!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps by soberdrunk(m): 6:19pm On Jan 21, 2017
Any female nairalander making this in Portharcourt this weekend or next should contact me, i will come with wine and movies(no strings or evil intentions attached, i just want to chop!!!).

Ps-If you have intention of putting "kobnomi", dont waste your kobnomi it "cannot" work, i have eaten too many different kobnomis that they are counter acting against each other...... angry angry

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps by admax(m): 6:20pm On Jan 21, 2017
Thanks for the info but the recipe isn't the problem, financial ability to purchase those recipes may be a challenge to most Nigerians.

The price of everything under this Buhari administration is unbelievably astronomically high!!

7 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps by Okaakoko(m): 6:20pm On Jan 21, 2017
I no eat jo
Re: Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps by fpeter(f): 6:21pm On Jan 21, 2017
That one dey grin

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 21, 2017
The best way to cook Nigerian grown rice is to cook it as jollof rice. Try it and tank me later
Re: Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps by Rigging(m): 6:22pm On Jan 21, 2017
fresh water direct from tap abi? so water from river no go fit prepare it.

13 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps by Tynasparks(f): 6:22pm On Jan 21, 2017
Yummy
Re: Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 21, 2017
Asegzy:
Na fried rice be this? undecided

No. Na roasted rice angry

5 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps by twilliamx(m): 6:23pm On Jan 21, 2017
Hmmm.
Re: Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps by Naija9090: 6:24pm On Jan 21, 2017
twilliamx:
Hmmm.
Re: Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps by 9jaBloke: 6:24pm On Jan 21, 2017
4loin
Re: Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps by psychologist(m): 6:24pm On Jan 21, 2017
OK

Re: Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps by ephi123(f): 6:25pm On Jan 21, 2017
Who uses wok in Nigeria tongue

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps by SwaGUnLimiTeD(m): 6:25pm On Jan 21, 2017
Hmmm this method looks strange undecided

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps by Micah360(m): 6:25pm On Jan 21, 2017
Showing me pictures of food dat i've even forgotten d taste.. :

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps by Ritaokafor(f): 6:26pm On Jan 21, 2017
D one on d pix looks healthier. Weldone all d same at d OP.

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps by Julietcutie(f): 6:26pm On Jan 21, 2017
nice
Re: Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps by phameous: 6:26pm On Jan 21, 2017
"Nigerian friedrice u say??"

i dont use everything listed here and a few items i use isnt in your list..
its still nigerian friedrice.

not bad idea giving this a shot tho...
but u for snap the ready-made of ur own rather dan import a picture smiley

#1ricefan

2 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps by mosho2good: 6:27pm On Jan 21, 2017
25galloon of water and one derica of rice plus tasty and time then food don land....

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 21, 2017
Nice one... Not a fan of fried rice though
Re: Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 21, 2017
mosho2good:
25galloon of water and one derica of rice plus tasty and time then food don land....
wetin b tasty and time
Re: Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps by ashewoboy(m): 6:29pm On Jan 21, 2017
see as ladies full this thread. so many of them don't know how to cook.
Re: Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 21, 2017
Rigging:
fresh water direct from tap abi? so water from river no go fit prepare it.
Or water from well sef

2 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Fried Rice, Full Steps by VastFinder: 6:29pm On Jan 21, 2017
VastFinder:

Source: https://vastfinder..com/2017/01/how-to-make-nigerian-fried-rice-full.html

Drop your queries through this link for quick response.

Thanks!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Weird Or Not? (pics) / See The Monitor Lizard Killed By My Brother This Morning In Our Back Yard / Roasting The Monitor Lizard Caught This Morning By Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.