Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,219 members, 7,825,818 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? (27606 Views)

Prophet Kumchacha: Women Who Scream God's Name During Sex Will End Up In Hell / 10 Reasons Why Many People may End Up In Hell. / The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 22, 2017
Religion has always regarded women as the inferior species with low-end brains and that explains why the snake was able to trick eve into eating the fruit. Throughout the bible, none of God's aides were described as women. Angel Michael, angel gabriel, Jesus and God himself are all portrayed as men. Seems God detests women so much and that hatred of his was passed down to writers of the bible who also share god's misogynist traits.

1 Like

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Lsofdk(m): 11:17am On Jan 22, 2017
Minirakiza:
U re highly welcome. Look! U have said it all. Now, I want u to know that the issue of the said Esther and Deborah is different.
No 1.Deborah is a judge,
No 2. Esther is a Queen
And the work they do has nothing to do with the Church.

So what Paul is saying in those verses is true.
And I want u to know that there's
no contradiction in the entire word
of GOD.
And also a prophetess, Judges 4: 4 will tell you that @emboldened
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Aashik(m): 11:22am On Jan 22, 2017
O my, o my.... What a set of confused BIGOTS. some chapters where Paul glaringly contradict what Jesus PBUH teachings, u say he is filled with Holy Shit(spirit). Now He tells u sth, u you say he is a misogynist. You neither follows/obeys Jesus nor abide by ur surposed misleader. Truely u r totally drown in confusion. Shio
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by makydebbie(f): 11:23am On Jan 22, 2017
Gracious007:
Religion has always regarded women as the inferior species with low-end brains and that explains why the snake was able to trick eve into eating the fruit. Throughout the bible, none of God's aides were described as women. Angel Michael, angel gabriel, Jesus and God himself are all portrayed as men. Seems God detests women so much and that hatred of his was passed down to writers of the bible who also share god's misogynist traits.
Why would God detest a creature he created?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by EvangelistNdudi(m): 11:23am On Jan 22, 2017
Op, thank you for those bible verses
But to answer your question, I will ask you this
Did Deborah preach in Synagogue(church)?
Did Esther preach in Synagogue?

If we can believe that bible was writing by men with the wisdom of GOD
Then we need not to over flog what the bible say concerning women and the church

Women can teach women in another place (not in the church)

I have said it before and I will say it again
If you want to serve God
Serve him the way he want, not the way you want

You can't serve God in your way and want him to answer you in your way

1 Like

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 22, 2017
To be a pastor is to offer the word of God to his people,

(Jn 6:63) God's word is spirit and life..

So what difference is the sermon if it comes out of the mouth of a man or a woman undecided

1 Like

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by gabrielolajide8: 11:23am On Jan 22, 2017
Are woman not part of the kingdom again

1 Like

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Kagawa10: 11:24am On Jan 22, 2017
barapistis:
the scripture becomes very tough to understand when a preacher is too focused on the teachings of paul...what was the message of jesus

I believe apart from the 12 apostles, Jesus had more than 300 disciples including male and female and before his ascension, he was before them all saying "go ye to the world and preach the gospel" before he was lifted up!

1 Like

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by catofin(m): 11:24am On Jan 22, 2017
It is not allow in mai religion, what about the woman pastor is on her period[color=#006600][/color],
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 22, 2017
You bet your ass makydebbie, so called female pastors are going to hell unless they desist.

The issue of female pastors is as a result of the feminist agenda of Satan.
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 22, 2017
makydebbie:
Why would God detest a creature he created?

That's a question I don't have an answer to.
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by makydebbie(f): 11:35am On Jan 22, 2017
Gracious007:

That's a question I don't have an answer to.
Then don't be so sure about it cos its false. Your opinion tho, and you're entitled to it.

1 Like

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by irokobest(m): 11:36am On Jan 22, 2017
jmoore:
If God doesn't want female to be pastors, then he should not pour his holy spirit upon them.

There is not a single instance in the Bible of a woman who was ordained by God as prophetess to teach or lead His people.

Some women were improperly called prophetesses in the Bible simply because they played some roles in the affairs of God's people. Nobody can prove that God ordained any of them. Miriam, the sister of Moses and Aaron, was called a prophetess as recorded in Exodus 15: 20, just because she led the women of Israel (not men) in a victory dance after the Egyptians were drowned in the Red Sea. To show that she was not ordained to be a prophetess, God punished her with leprosy when she joined Aaron to assume that God was also using them.  (Num. 12: 1-15)
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by makydebbie(f): 11:36am On Jan 22, 2017
catofin:
It is not allow in mai religion, what about the woman pastor is on her period[color=#006600][/color],
Pastor in her period shouldn't preach?

2 Likes

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by tillaman(m): 11:42am On Jan 22, 2017
Chai, why would female pastors end up in hell, leave that one for God nw, he's the all knowing God!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 22, 2017
makydebbie:
Then don't be so sure about it cos its false. Your opinion tho, and you're entitled to it.

Let me try to get you. Are you saying God loves everyone and equally? If so, why do you think so? Know that my points were drawn from the bible. And If you want I can give a zillion reasons explaining my stance that god in fact passionately loathes mankind but he happens to loathe women more.
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Valkyr: 11:51am On Jan 22, 2017
It is a gendered universe.
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by irokobest(m): 11:51am On Jan 22, 2017
randomperson:
Op, Deborah and Esther never preached in church. Deborah was a judge while Esther was a queen. The bible was clear when it said that women should be quiet... It was reiterated in other places too, all in the new testament...
The only reason the church and Christians allow women to preach now is because the church is trying to modify it's principles to align with the general ideals of this time and age. When the bible was written, women were not considered equal to men... In fact the bible explicitly says woman was made for man and not man for woman.
This just goes to show that the bible and it's principles are not infallible and not for all times and purposes

It is a shame for men to be led by women in God's Organisation, and above all, it is contrary to the will of God as pointed out by the op. Men ought to rule or lead women. It was when the Jews because of their sins were forsaken by God that women dominated them. And God said: "As for my people, children are their oppressors and women role over them. 0 my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths. "-Isa. 3:12.

*Jezebel*

For allowing Jezebel who posed to be a prophetess to teach and to seduce men to commit fornication, the Church of Thyatira was rebuked. The Lord said: "Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication..."-Rev. 2: 20-23.
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Kagawa10: 11:53am On Jan 22, 2017
Ioannes:
You bet your ass makydebbie, so called female pastors are going to hell unless they desist.

The issue of female pastors is as a result of the feminist agenda of Satan.

LOL!

My pastor is a woman and she's heavenly bound by His grace..

BTW, do you realise there are some scriptural part that Paul gave his admonition without the spirit lead?

Take for example, 1 corr 7:25, it says "Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgement.."

This is quite different to 1 corr 7:10 which says "And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband" but in the subsequent verse, verse 12, he said "But to the rest speak I, not the Lord"

All these shows that Paul gave his judgement on some matters without the spirit lead and it's not a strange thought to bound woman from speaking the gospel at that time because only few of them actually knows the scripture at the time and to prevent heresis in the Church, women would have to take the back seat.

Also, women are likely to be subject to the interest of their husband if they want to keep a healthy marriage. If these women becomes head of church and preachers, they may likely become puffed up and arrogant in their home, especially after seeing how the church members including the men bowing to them and all. Hence, why Paul stated that women who wants to work for God are advised to be like him, that is, become unattached and that widows are advised to remain as they are! It's no coincidence that most of these women church founders are Widows or those that are divorced and single.

1 Like

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 22, 2017
Kagawa10:

LOL!

My pastor is woman and she's heavenly bound by His grace..

BTW, do you realise there are some scriptural part that Paul gave his admonition without the spirit lead?

Take for example, 1 corr 7:25, it says "Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgement.."

This quite different to 1 corr 7:10 which says "And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband" but in the subsequent verse, verse 12, he said "But to the rest speak I, not the Lord"

All these shows that Paul gave his judgement on some matters without the spirit lead and it's not a strange thought to bound woman from speaking the gospel at that time because only few of them actually knows the scripture at the time and to prevent heresis in the Church, women would have to take the back seat.

Also, women are likely to be subject to the interest of their husband if they want to keep a healthy marriage. If these women becomes head of church and preachers, they may likely become puffed up and arrogant in their home, especially after seeing how the church members including the men bowing to them and all. Hence, why Paul stated that women who wants to work for God are advised to be like him, that is, become unattached and that widows are advised to remain as they are! It's no coincidence that most of these women church founders are Widows or those that are divorced and single.

Of the twelve apostles called by Jesus, how many of them were women?

You are looking for passages that have tangential bearing to your case to justify what your spirit must tell you is wrong.

Inasmuch as the twelve apostles who are the pillar of the Church were all men, then why do you think the Church should depart from the actions of Jesus unless of course you think y'all are smarter than he is.

1 Like

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by omoplaycool(m): 12:03pm On Jan 22, 2017
Zenlife:

So?
That's a license to talk in church against the biblical teachings, the word of God?
The message Christ brought to man is very simple but man in its bid to manipulate it's fellow man tries to "mistify " it in order to make some certain few seem like the custodians of God's message and this isn't peculiar to the Christian faith alone. The message is simple..
LOVE THE LORD THY GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH AND LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF..
In my opinion, I think the church of today has more work (love) to do than to sit and debate if it's right for a woman to mount the pulpit or if she should wear trousers or not. Just love sincerely and every other thing will follow suit..
So Bro, I'd lead the way I LOVE YOU
GOD BLESS YOU
GOD BLESS OUR WOMEN
AND GOD BLESS NIGERIA

4 Likes

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by chuksjuve(m): 12:11pm On Jan 22, 2017
Women pastors may go to hell...But Godly women will go to heaven

BTW God focus on the character not the title..

Have a great Sunday

1 Like

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Kagawa10: 12:11pm On Jan 22, 2017
Ioannes:

Of the twelve apostles called by Jesus, how many of them were women?

You are looking for passages that have tangential bearing to your case to justify what your spirit must tell you is wrong.

Inasmuch as the twelve apostles who are the pillar of the Church were all men, then why do you think the Church should depart from the actions of Jesus unless of course you think y'all are smarter than he is.

Jesus' followers were more than 12! The apostles were 12 but his followers were over 300 which included Mary Magadlene and she was the first to see our Lord Jesus after his resurrection. As a matter of fact, Jesus' last word before his departure was "go ye to the world and preach the gospel"

So, who are you going to believe, Jesus or Paul? I'm only trying to justify some of Paul's speech seeing that he himself acknowledged that some times, he speaks without the spirit lead. Jesus is the author of every believer's faith and everything after all, not Paul!

1 Like

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Sonamjs: 12:12pm On Jan 22, 2017
The bible can be used to construe a lot of things.

Wasn't it this same bible that was used to justify the slave trade. the justification for de-humanising a whole race, the repercussions that are still been felt today.

Treat others as you want to be treated is my motto.

There are a lot of Pastors on the pulpit who are guilty of a whole lot of crimes.

2 Likes

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by 0b10010011: 12:12pm On Jan 22, 2017
Still baffles how Middle-East story books became a topic of discussion in Africa.

If the Bible was imported into Africa at this age, where we all re enlightened, less than 5% of our population will believe it. All inherited religion. NOBODY found it.

1 Like

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Zenlife: 12:13pm On Jan 22, 2017
omoplaycool:

The message Christ brought to man is very simple but man in its bid to manipulate it's fellow man tries to "mistify " it in order to make some certain few seem like the custodians of God's message and this isn't peculiar to the Christian faith alone. The message is simple..
LOVE THE LORD THY GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH AND LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF..
In my opinion, I think the church of today has more work (love) to do than to sit and debate if it's right for a woman to mount the pulpit or if she should wear trousers or not. Just love sincerely and every other thing will follow suit..
GOD BLESS YOU
GOD BLESS OUR WOMEN
AND GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by KingRex1(m): 12:16pm On Jan 22, 2017
Very nice piece Deb..

Women in Israel at that time were uneducated and secluded, Paul was warning that they could be misled by the false teachers trying to lure new Christians away from the church Paul wanted to establish. Those circumstances don't necessarily exist today, because many women, when trained, have gifts that can bring blessing to both men and women.
I don't believe women should bury their gifts or let anyone else bury them. There's a lost world (of men and women) waiting to hear what God's gifted women have to say to them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Kagawa10: 12:20pm On Jan 22, 2017
saintmark88:

The scripture was very clear on that instruction, it was a S clear as day light, we all agree that the Bible was written under d influence of the Holy Spirit, so tht wasn't just an instruction from Paul, it was from God.

U might not see what's wrong with a woman teaching n church or preaching, but there must be a reason that instruction was given by God. It's not just there because Paul felt like talking and adding his own to D Bible.

For tht letter to have been written to both Timothy and and d church n corithn, it means that this same argument must have arisen as at that time, and all Paul did was to clarify D issues under d inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

We Christains choose to obey D part of d Bible that appeals to us and d one that doesn't, we discard.... because o have been asking myself, this female pastors, dnt they c these instructions??, they do but they choose to ignore.

The issue of womens right, feminism and gender equality is d reason for this disobedience.

Not all! Paul acknowledged he spoke without the spirit lead at times in most of his admonition!

Although I believe all his gospel preaching were led by the spirit.
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by fynex(m): 12:20pm On Jan 22, 2017
Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. And I do not permit a woman TO TEACH or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence"

There's no gender in the spirit realm like someone rightly said...

If she is called of God are you saying she should refuse the call of God because you didn't understand what Paul really meant?

Sir, everyone reads the Bible and interprets it differently, I know you want clarity because you heard this from a pastor, but next time ask the Holy Spirit to teach you and give you understanding...

So pastors still misinterpret the word of God....all the gifts of the spirit is not for men alone but for every one male and female...

If a man preaches or says something contrary to the word are you saying a female can't ask questions or make contributions?

A woman not having to teach or have authority over men doesn't have to do with they not preaching in the church....

Sorry to say some people interpret the Bible out of biase and that doesn't make it right...some people preach to sweeten the hearts of others it doesn't make it right also...

If you take your time to study the word of God and you ask the Holy Spirit to give you understanding you will know what is acceptable unto God
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 22, 2017
Kagawa10:

Jesus' followers were more than 12! The apostles were 12 but his followers were over 300 which included Mary Magadlene and she was the first to see our Lord Jesus after his resurrection. As a matter of fact, Jesus' last word before his departure was "go ye to the world and preach the gospel"

So, who are you going to believe, Jesus or Paul? I'm only trying to justify some of Paul's speech seeing that he himself acknowledged that some times, he speaks without the spirit lead. Jesus is the author of every believer's faith and everything after all, not Paul!

So what you're saying now is that sometimes Paul was not inspired by the holy spirit while he was writing abi? Clap for yourself.

You may not realise the implication of your statement. Let me show you.

What you're implying is that the Bible is not the inspired word of God, so it has some errors, like the epistle of Paul you quoted.

The apostles of Jesus form the priests and bishops today in the Church.

All baptised christians, male and female are disciples of Christ.

I ask again. How many of Christ's apostles were females?

You mentioned Mary Magdalene. Was she an apostle? Did you read where she preached in the bible because she was the first to see the risen Christ?

Your pastor is not doing the will of God. All female pastors are leading their congregation to hell.

I even pity the more those whose churches were founded by women, like foursquare gospel church.

I pray Jesus opens their eyes before it's too late.
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by felixomor: 12:23pm On Jan 22, 2017
Friendzone:
Paul was simply myopic

Sorry to say, but I don't think He was inspired by the Holy Spirit on this

You yourself, do you know Holy spirit?
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Zenlife: 12:28pm On Jan 22, 2017
omoplaycool:

GOD BLESS YOU
GOD BLESS OUR WOMEN
AND GOD BLESS NIGERIA

The word of God is the word.
If not a biblical text, it's not His directive.
Hence, contrary perception, opinion, intepretations (bible is written in elementary English), isn't of God. Not His word.

Taking away or adding to the bible is sin in itself.
It counts not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ondo Poll Outcome Will Shock Politicians – Primate Ayodele / Apostle Suleman: I Almost Died Fasting For 11 Days Without Water Or Food / Stop Using Mosques To Preach Hate - Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.