Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? (27601 Views)

Prophet Kumchacha: Women Who Scream God's Name During Sex Will End Up In Hell / 10 Reasons Why Many People may End Up In Hell. / The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Kagawa10: 12:30pm On Jan 22, 2017
Ioannes:

So what you're saying now is that sometimes Paul was not inspired by the holy spirit while he was writing abi? Clap for yourself.

You may not realise the implication of your statement. Let me show you.

What you're implying is that the Bible is not the inspired word of God, so it has some errors, like the epistle of Paul you quoted.

The apostles of Jesus form the priests and bishops today in the Church.

All baptised christians, male and female are disciples of Christ.

I ask again. How many of Christ's apostles were females?

You mentioned Mary Magdalene. Was she an apostle? Did you read where she preached in the bible because she was the first to see the risen Christ?

Your pastor is not doing the will of God. All female pastors are leading their congregation to hell.

I even pity the more those whose churches were founded by women, like foursquare gospel church.

I pray Jesus opens their eyes before it's too late.

Mary Madgalene and Jesus' Mother actually preached the gospel because they were among the disciples that got baptised with the holy ghost in the top room and were seen preaching the words of God and his doings in several tongues to the diversities of people around them.

Also, Mary Madgalene was the first to tell the apostles that Jesus has resurrected which is a gospel itself! What more?

Lastly, Jesus last word was "go ye to the world and preach the gospel"! I ask again, who would you rather believe, Jesus or Paul?
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by BrutusOj(m): 12:32pm On Jan 22, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
Paul was just a male-supremist who has little or no regard for women. At some point in the Bible, he was advising young unmarried men to be like him and remain single; then asking them to only get married if the konji becomes unbeaeable; what a dofus! So to him, the only reason for marriage is to fvck.

And the way he so wrote against relatnship in the Bible tells who he must be a sadist; no adultery, no funication, if u must kiss it ought to be a holy kiss; dude was just myopic.
see your life? you are now insulting Paul,soon you will move to another apostle then Christ himself and next God cos you don't agree with some of his teaching which most of our Nigerian pastors and men of God shy away from. If it were possible for Nigerians to rewrite the Bible, we would have done so since to suit our own ideology.You see a Nigerian over night turn to a preacher of the word of God without adequate knowledge and try to interpret things in his own little understanding. Go to theological school and spend quality time to learn the Bible well, them no go gree cos their blood the hot to go open church.

1 Like

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by handsomebolanle: 12:32pm On Jan 22, 2017
When a woman is married... she's now under her husband authority... Thus the husband permission is God's approval!! wink
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by yedidiah(m): 12:33pm On Jan 22, 2017
It is important we understand the laws of Biblical interpretation. Doing a wholistic study of that portion of the Scriptures along with the use of helpful study notes will help clear the misconceptions particularly those arising from Jewish culture that had an effect in the personal lives of the early sages.

But by new revelations of the Spirit, our generation are privileged to know somethings which wasn't too clear to them because of educational as well as cultural reasons.

When God made the spirit "Adam" it was unisex. We see the prophecy of Joel fulfilled in the lives of women of old like Huldah, the wife of Prophet Isaiah, Ada, Priscilla and even the daughters of Philip.

NB: The Church has moved past the age of 10% if you understand what that means.

Finally, you don't build a doctrine from a single Scriptures. There must be cumulative revelation.

2 Likes

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Makapounse(m): 12:36pm On Jan 22, 2017
Haphard:
In the spiritual realm, there is no gender bro, so far a woman is ready 2work 4God, ion think there is anytin wrong with that.. Not any woman, a woman full of the holy spirit...
can you please back up your point biblically, or you think so
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by saintmark88(m): 12:37pm On Jan 22, 2017
Kagawa10:

Not all! Paul acknowledged he spoke without the spirit lead at times in most of his admonition!

Although I believe all his gospel preaching were led by the spirit.

What ever he said that wasn't led by d spirit couldn't have been recorded n d Bible..... All thts n d Bible is divinely inspired, thts y it's d standard.

So that instruction, since it was recorded, it was divinely inspired
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Zenlife: 12:43pm On Jan 22, 2017
omoplaycool:

The message Christ brought to man is very simple but man in its bid to manipulate it's fellow man tries to "mistify " it in order to make some certain few seem like the custodians of God's message and this isn't peculiar to the Christian faith alone. The message is simple..
LOVE THE LORD THY GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH AND LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF..
In my opinion, I think the church of today has more work (love) to do than to sit and debate if it's right for a woman to mount the pulpit or if she should wear trousers or not. Just love sincerely and every other thing will follow suit..
So Bro, I'd lead the way I LOVE YOU
GOD BLESS YOU
GOD BLESS OUR WOMEN
AND GOD BLESS NIGERIA

The topic isn't about Christ message.

The word of God is the word.
If not a biblical text, it's not His directive.
Hence, contrary perception, opinion, intepretations (bible is written in elementary English), isn't of God. Not His word.

Taking away or adding to the bible is sin in itself.
It counts not.
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 22, 2017
makydebbie:
This issue of women/female pastors is a very delicate one and I want to know something once and for all....

Now I know views may differ but we all know the Bible is our absolute "as Christians."
But again in this same Bible we can find some paradoxical situations/scenarios and please before you get me wrong, by "paradoxical" I specifically refer to:

"A claim that two apparently contradictory ideas are true" or.

"An unanswerable question or difficult puzzle, particularly one which leads to a deeper truth."

I don't deal with the self-contradictory angle of paradox here.... Just wanted to be clear on that.

Now sometimes ago, I visited this church and the pastor that day preached like someone who was spoiling for a fight.... Well maybe because he was talking about women or probably it is because he was just being passionate about his preaching..... Whatever it was, that's not the issue. wink

The issue is what he preached about, "Women pastors and the place of women in the Kingdom of God especially in the church..."

The pastor said that any woman who is found behind the pulpit preaching as an ordained Pastor or preacher is in error and in total disobedience to God's Word and because God hates disobedience, these women will end up in hell.

Boyyy! He went on and on and even gave scriptures which I will drop here soon.

Now my mind started to wander to all the reputable women preachers I know.... From the Karthryn Kuhlmans of the past to the late Bimbo Odukoyas of the recent past and to the Arch-Bishop Margaret Idahosa, and even Pastor Paula White of the present.... Any for the future? (Time will tell) wink

Now, The Holy scriptures in the book of 1Corinthians chapter 14 vs 34 says, "Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak but they are to be submissive to, as the law also says."

Now we know it was the apostle Paul speaking here and he went on to add in verse 35 of same scripture, the following,

"And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for a woman to speak in the church."

In verses 36, 37 and 38, Apostle Paul said strong words which makes me ask.......

But why do we still have Highly anointed women ministers being used by God to wrought miracles globally and take the gospel to many?

Why isn't God limiting their power or influence if they are to keep shut in the church? Or am I missing something?

Okay here is another scripture about this issue:

I Timothy.2v 8-15 says a lot but I will pick the key verses which is verses 11 and 12....

"Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. And I do not permit a woman TO TEACH or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence"

This was Paul writing to Timothy who was pastor of the Ephesian church.

The scriptures above said that women are not allowed to teach.... But then what happened in the case of Kathryn Kuhlman?? She was mightily used of God and taught the bible in ways that influenced many Christians till this day........

Did God make an exception of her here? Or am I still missing something?

We also have seen that in the same Bible that harbors the two key scriptures above, there was a woman named Deborah.... **quite a coincidence is it?** grin

Deborah was judge over all Israel... She was a prophetess and a Judge meaning she was spiritual leader and Also Ruler of Israel in those days. This could also mean that she taught the people God's ways and we know in the new testament that a woman is not to teach or have authority over the man.

Why was Deborah's case different? Even Queen Esther is another example... She was kinda a leader figure to her fellow Jews in her days with Mordecai as her guardian and mentor.

She (Esther) played her role well. So well in fact that Hamann, Israel's enemy was destroyed and Israel saved from annihilation.

The stories of Deborah and Esther can be found in the books of Judges chapters 4 and 5 And Esther chapters 1 to 10.

So back to this day..... I have a question that need an answer or answers.....

In the light of everything said here and said in the Bible and seen in the Bible and in the light of the fact that we have reputable and influential Women ministers who are doing great things or who seem to be doing great things in the world today...

op, I know you are a good man. please can you tell me the meanings of these words:

1. Igbo
2. Albino and
3. Chest beater.
I usually read them on nairalandforum
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Phi001(m): 12:45pm On Jan 22, 2017
Y'all are misunderstanding the Scripture.

The women in the church he wrote that letter to were always disturbing in the church and stuff.

And y'all saying there were no female prophets in the bible, what about Miriam?
The Bible specifically said she was a prophetess or Anna, the prophetess that Joseph and Mart saw when they went to dedicate the Jesus?
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 22, 2017
Kagawa10:

Mary Madgalene and Jesus' Mother actually preached the gospel because they were among the disciples that got baptised by the holy ghost in the top room and were seen preaching the words of God and his doings in several tongues to the diversities of people around them.

Also, Mary Madgalene was the first to tell the apostles that Jesus has resurrected which is a gospel itself! What more?

Lastly, Jesus last word was "go ye to the world and preach the gospel"! I ask again, who would you rather believe, Jesus or Paul?

I understand human prejudice won't allow you to admit when you're wrong, not to mention human pride.

Go back and read where Paul admonished the women not to speak in the Church and the reason why. I guess you feel you know better than Paul abi?

Speaking in the church and preaching to unbelievers outside the Church, are they the same thing?

Or what you're saying is that the only way to "go ye to the world and preach the gospel..." is to open a Church? How about preaching the gospel with the way you live your life.

Do you know where and why the early followers of Christ were called Christians and the meaning of the word "christian"?

You keep dodging my own points. The 12 apostles of Christ were all male, why do you have a female pastor?

You are asking me if it's Jesus or Paul that was right?

Are you saying that one of them was right and the other as wrong? Because if one was right then the other is wrong, which means, the Bible is not inspired and there are parts of the bible that are wrong. undecided

You see the mess you've put yourself into now? All because you want to justify your pastor being female.

All female pastors are there to worship and serve their egos. "What a man can do a woman can also do..."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Kagawa10: 12:47pm On Jan 22, 2017
saintmark88:

What ever he said that wasn't led by d spirit couldn't have been recorded n d Bible..... All thts n d Bible is divinely inspired, thts y it's d standard.

So that instruction, since it was recorded, it was divinely inspired

How about these?

1 corr 7:25, it says "Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgement.."

In comparism to this 1 corr 7:10 which says "And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband" but in the subsequent verse, verse 12, he said "But to the rest speak I, not the Lord"

You should know that Paul's admonition, commandment and judgement were based on the era and age the people were in at the time. He had to set orders in the church as deemed fit and women weren't as knowledgeable as men during that age period, hence, why he had to set those order based on his perspectives.

After all, Priscilla was acknowledged by the same Paul because he found her to be knowledgeable and scriptural inspired unlike most women.
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Kagawa10: 12:57pm On Jan 22, 2017
Ioannes:

I understand human prejudice won't allow you to admit when you're wrong, not to mention human pride.

Go back and read where Paul admonished the women not to speak in the Church and the reason why. I guess you feel you know better than Paul abi?

Speaking in the church and preaching to unbelievers outside the Church, are they the same thing?

Or what you're saying is that the only way to "go ye to the world and preach the gospel..." is to open a Church? How about preaching the gospel with the way you live your life.

Do you know where and why the early followers of Christ were called Christians and the meaning of the word "christian"?

You keep dodging my own points. The 12 apostles of Christ were all male, why do you have a female pastor?

You are asking me if it's Jesus or Paul that was right?

Are you saying that one of them was right and the other as wrong? Because if one was right then the other is wrong, which means, the Bible is not inspired and there are parts of the bible that are wrong. undecided

You see the mess you've put yourself into now? All because you want to justify your pastor being female.

All female pastors are there to worship and serve their egos. "What a man can do a woman can also do..."

Lmao! Who are the Church if not the People in it? Smh!

Jesus can never be wrong, he's the truth and it's even stupid to compare him to the disciples who are not infallible BTW!

Take Peter for example who still had the belief that believers would never make heaven except they were circumcised based on his jewish perspectives.. So was Paul admonition. At least, Paul acknowledged that at times, his admonition isn't according to the Spirit lead.

Paul was the leader of a Church and as such, he must set some orders and principles as deemed fit and based on the eras where women were not as knowledgeable as men, they were advised to take the back seat and not constitute nuisance in the Church.
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by irokobest(m): 1:04pm On Jan 22, 2017
[quote author=Kagawa10 post=53027762]

Mary Madgalene and Jesus' Mother actually preached the gospel because they were among the disciples that got baptised with the holy ghost in the top room and were seen preaching the words of God and his doings in several tongues to the diversities of people around them.

The bible says:
1Tim 2:12 But I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man, but ˻[to remain quiet]˼.

1Tim 2:15 But she will be saved through the bearing of children, if she continues in faith and love and holiness with self-control.

Tit 2:3 The aged women likewise, that [they be] in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;

Tit 2:4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 22, 2017
Kagawa10:

Lmao! Who are the Church if not the People in it? Smh!

Jesus can never be wrong, he's the truth and it's even stupid to compare him to the disciples who are not infallible BTW!

Take Peter for example who still had the belief that believers would never make heaven until they were circumcised based on his jewish perspectives.. So was Paul admonition. At least, Paul acknowledged that at times, his admonition isn't according to the Spirit lead.

Paul was the leader of a Church and as such, he must set some orders and principles as deemed fit and based on the eras where women are not as knowledgeable as men, they were advised to take the back seat and not constitute nuisance in the Church.

So in you words, Paul was wrong and Jesus was right?

I'm wondering what else is in the bible that is wrong. In fact on the basis of your submission we can't believe that the bible is free from errors.

If the Church of Christ can preach error then that means the word of Jesus that the gates of hell will not prevail against the church wouldn't make sense.

I'm glad you know that the word church means "the gathering of christian believers".

Preaching to the whole world is different from preaching and instructing when you're IN the "church".

You keep dodging my question and as long as you keep quoting me I'll keep asking you.

The 12 apostles of Jesus were all men, why is your own pastor a woman? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by DonX001: 1:09pm On Jan 22, 2017
@Makydebbie, very intelligent analysis in the original post. I'm impressed.
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by saintmark88(m): 1:13pm On Jan 22, 2017
Kagawa10:

How about these?

1 corr 7:25, it says "Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgement.."

In comparism to this 1 corr 7:10 which says "And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband" but in the subsequent verse, verse 12, he said "But to the rest speak I, not the Lord"

You should know that Paul's admonition, commandment and judgement were based on the era and age the people were in at the time. He had to set orders in the church as deemed fit and women weren't as knowledgeable as men during that age period, hence, why he had to set those order based on his perspectives.

After all, Priscilla was acknowledged by the same Paul because he found her to be knowledgeable and scriptural inspired unlike most women.

Okay I agree but the commandment of women not speaking in church wasn't just Paul speaking his mind, it was a commandment of the Lord

1corr 14:37 if anyone thinks that he is a prophet or spiritual, he should acknowledge that what I am writing is a command of the Lord.... So this was clearly the Lords commandment not his

1 Like

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by ezesun(m): 1:15pm On Jan 22, 2017
One should not try to understand the scripture without the spirit of God. Your church will determine whether a woman can minister or not.
My General Overseer gave order today that no WOMAN should be found on the ALTER.
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Kagawa10: 1:22pm On Jan 22, 2017
Ioannes:

So in you words, Paul was wrong and Jesus was right?

I'm wondering what else is in the bible that is wrong. In fact on the basis of your submission we can't believe that the bible is free from errors.

If the Church of Christ can preach error then that means the word of Jesus that the gates of hell will not prevail against the church wouldn't make sense.

I'm glad you know that the word church means "the gathering of christian believers".

Preaching to the whole world is different from preaching and instructing when you're IN the "church".

You keep dodging my question and as long as you keep quoting me I'll keep asking you.

The 12 apostles of Jesus were all men, why is your own pastor a woman? undecided

What are you saying? That I was the one who wrote Paul's comment where he acknowledged the fact that some of his admonition were not according to the Spirit lead? Or that the Ephesians men and women were in the same eras as we're in, where every believers are knowledgeable enough to understand the word of God which has been made close to us?

BTW, Paul's admonition weren't gospels but principles laid down by him as the leader of the Church. Gospels are the words and righteousness of God in Jesus Christ! Get that straight!

As for your questions as to why Jesus' disciples were men, did you know how many times Jesus and his disciples camped in the wilderness and trudged several miles to cities barefooted and all, is that what you want women to be exposed to, when we all know them as the weaker vessels? And there's also the likelihood of perversion and fornication taking place in a dark forest where men are seen camping with women!

But note that during the days, Jesus was always seen with both men and women, and not just the 12.

1 Like

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by makydebbie(f): 1:25pm On Jan 22, 2017
DonX001:
@Makydeb bie, very intelligent analysis in the original post. I'm impressed.
Thank you sir cool
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by irokobest(m): 1:26pm On Jan 22, 2017
saintmark88:

Okay I agree but the commandment of women not speaking in church wasn't just Paul speaking his mind, it was a commandment of the Lord

1corr 14:37 if anyone thinks that he is a prophet or spiritual, he should acknowledge that what I am writing is a command of the Lord.... So this was clearly the Lords commandment not his

Yes.!

The bible says:
1Tim 2:12 But I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man, but ˻[to remain quiet]˼.

1Tim 2:15 But she will be saved through the bearing of children, if she continues in faith and love and holiness with self-control.

Tit 2:3 The aged women likewise, that [they be] in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;

Tit 2:4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,

1 Like

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Dotng: 1:33pm On Jan 22, 2017
8 Leaving the next day, we reached Caesarea and stayed at the house of Philip the evangelist, one of the Seven.

9 He had four unmarried daughters who prophesied. Acts 21:8 - 9

15 These men are not drunk, as you suppose. It's only nine in the morning!

16 No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:

17 " 'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.

18 Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.
Acts 2: 15 - 17

This is the same error the early disciples fell into when they assumed that salvation will not come to the gentiles and criticised Peter for going to Cornelius' house.

2 So when Peter went up to Jerusalem, the circumcised believers criticized him

3 and said, "You went into the house of uncircumcised men and ate with them."
Acts 11:2 - 3

15 "As I began to speak, the Holy Spirit came on them as he had come on us at the beginning.

16 Then I remembered what the Lord had said: 'John baptized withwater, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.'

17 So if God gave them the same gift as he gave us, who believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I to think that I could oppose God?"

18 When they heard this, they had no further objections and praised God, saying, "So then, God has granted even the Gentiles repentance unto life."
Acts 11: 15 - 18

It is the Holy Spirit that help us to understand the mind of God in scriptures. Left to the Jews of the day salvation will never go beyond the Jews.
Once the Holy Spirit empowers a woman to preach, heal and prophesy that is all that is required.
As Peter said anyone who opposes them opposes God. You will realise that because of Jewish culture you never hear of a Priscilla. But in a non-Jewish culture Paul mentions Priscilla many times before Aquila. There are more references to women in his letters by name unlike Jewish cultures. On the subject of not permitting a woman to teach a man, was it not Priscilla and Aquila that brought Apollos to their home and taught him more about the word of God?

24 Meanwhile a Jew named Apollos, a native of Alexandria, came to Ephesus. He was a learned man, with a thorough knowledge of the Scriptures.

25 He had been instructed in the way of the Lord, and he spoke with great fervor and taught about Jesus accurately, though he knew only the baptism of John.

26 He began to speak boldly in the synagogue. When Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they invited him to their home and explained to him the way of God more adequately. Acts 18: 24 - 26

3 Likes

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by jake2much(m): 1:35pm On Jan 22, 2017
Laveda:
What if at the end of all these we find out there's no hell?

Oh well, do what is right, I don't think a woman being a pastor is bad tho..
is gud u repent pls cos we are in last days
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Kagawa10: 1:39pm On Jan 22, 2017
saintmark88:

Paul didn't acknowledge that it was coming from the Lord. He stated that Church should acknowledge his commandment from him as their leader. Note that Paul stated that we should listen to our leader and acknowledge them because they were ordained by God and their commandments are no different from that of God to set things straight. (Romans 13:1-5, Hebrews 13:17)

Like I stated earlier, Paul's admonition to the Ephesians, Corrithians etc were not wrong because in those age, few women were knowledgeable hence, principles were set down for them to put orders in the Church.

Normally, we are no more under any law but under grace which is sufficient enough to help us live right in Christ Jesus however, principles are bound to be laid down by every Church leaders and the Church are advised to obey them. And I asked, is Paul your Church's leader?
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 22, 2017
were in the same eras as we're in, where every believers are knowledgeable enough to understand the word of God which has been made close to us?

So if you're so knowledgeable why do you go to church to listen to your pastor preach?

BTW, Paul's admonition weren't gospels but principles laid down by him as the leader of the Church. Gospels are the words and righteousness of God in Jesus Christ! Get that straight!

Oh I get it now. Only the four gospels are inspired the other ones are just instruction manuals from a leader to his church, not really relevant nor to be taken seriously in this day and age because it might be wrong after all. Well done sir

As for your questions as to why Jesus' disciples were men, did you how many times Jesus and his disciples camped in the wilderness and trudge several miles to cities barefooted and all, is that what you want women to be exposed to, when we all know them as the weaker vessels?

So women are the weaker vessel and so they can lead and pastor the church today abi? You're confused.
Women of the generation when Christ walked the earth were anything but weak. Lol. So this is your own reason why Jesus chose only men as apostles? Quite hilarious.

And there's also the likelihood of perversion and fornication taking place in a dark forest where men are seen camping with women!

Seriously? I can just imagine what's going on in your mind. Jesus camped with the 12 in the wilderness some male and some female and then the apostles of Christ will be engaged in sexual immorality even when our Lord was there with them.

You must be your pastor's second in command. The way you're ready to twist the bible, profane the word of God and throw jabs at Jesus and the apostles just to defend your pastor Mrs is very very appalling. In fact, I'm scared for your salvation.

But note that during the days, Jesus was always seen with both men and women, and not just the 12.

I'm not talking about the other disciples. I'm talking about the select twelve. Stop dancing around the issue.
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by wizedon(m): 1:54pm On Jan 22, 2017
randomperson:
Op, Deborah and Esther never preached in church. Deborah was a judge while Esther was a queen. The bible was clear when it said that women should be quiet... It was reiterated in other places too, all in the new testament...
The only reason the church and Christians allow women to preach now is because the church is trying to modify it's principles to align with the general ideals of this time and age. When the bible was written, women were not considered equal to men... In fact the bible explicitly says woman was made for man and not man for woman.
This just goes to show that the bible and it's principles are not infallible and not for all times and purposes
just little addition: Esther and Deborah lkved before Jesus came nd modified the law, the Bible is clear and direct, women shouldn't minister over men. disobedience is disobedience
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Kagawa10: 1:54pm On Jan 22, 2017
irokobest:
The bible says:
1Tim 2:12 But I do not permit a woman to teach or to
exercise authority over a man, but ˻[to remain quiet]˼.
1Tim 2:15 But she will be saved through the bearing of
children, if she continues in faith and love and holiness with
self-control.
Tit 2:3 The aged women likewise, that [they be] in behaviour
as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much
wine, teachers of good things;
Tit 2:4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to
love their husbands, to love their children,

That was Paul's principles to the Church in those eras and age. As a leader, he's bound to lay down principles as deem fit to his Church but not to us as we're not under any Law (whether that of Moses or Paul). However, we're advised to obey our Church leaders' principles per adventure they lay down any principles.
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by anukulapo: 2:02pm On Jan 22, 2017
makydebbie:

So back to this day..... I have a question that need an answer or answers.....

In the light of everything said here and said in the Bible and seen in the Bible and in the light of the fact that we have reputable and influential Women ministers who are doing great things or who seem to be doing great things in the world today...

Ending up in hell,I don't know BUT I do not need to prove that what will happen (and is already happening) is that there will be new doctrines based on political correctness that allows women usurp authority over men and hold position that allow them teach and set standard that men have to be subject to

This I am sure the written doctrine in the bible teaches against.

More like a parallel to the secular human(woman right) movement. The waters of the world is flowing into the ark of the church.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Kagawa10: 2:06pm On Jan 22, 2017
Ioannes:

So if you're so knowledgeable why do you go to church to listen to your pastor preach?

Oh I get it now. Only the four gospels are inspired the other ones are just instruction manuals from a leader to his church, not really relevant nor to be taken seriously in this day and age because it might be wrong after all. Well done sir

So women are the weaker vessel and so they can lead and pastor the church today abi? You're confused.
Women of the generation when Christ walked the earth were anything but weak. Lol. So this is your own reason why Jesus chose only men as apostles? Quite hilarious.

Seriously? I can just imagine what's going on in your mind. Jesus camped with the 12 in the wilderness some male and some female and then the apostles of Christ will be engaged in sexual immorality even when our Lord was there with them.

You must be your pastor's second in command. The way you're ready to twist the bible, profane the word of God and throw jabs at Jesus and the apostles just to defend your pastor Mrs is very very appalling. In fact, I'm scared for your salvation.

I'm not talking about the other disciples. I'm talking about the select twelve. Stop dancing around the issue.

You're not wise! Jesus often leave his disciples to go pray in solitude, just like he left them on the night he was captured to go pray to his Father and he even admonished them to watch and pray lest the devil comes in and deceive them yet they were all found sleeping everytime he returned from his prayer. No wonder Peter almost lost his anointing but thanks to Christ who already prayed for him.

So don't tell me there's no temptation, even Jesus was tempted after fasting for 40 days!

Yes, women are weaker vessels but when the Spirit is poured on all flesh, it wouldn't be them preaching and facing persecution and all but the Spirit. And this pertains to the men as well, just as Jesus stated that they will be persecuted by the time he leaves but he will send down a comforter to them in his place.

That said, let me remind you that Paul preached the Gospel of salvation, grace, newness and righteousness but also as a leader, he laid down principles for the Church admonition!
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 22, 2017
Kagawa10:

You're not wise! Jesus often leave his disciples to go pray in solitude, just like he left them on the night he was captured to go pray to his Father and he even admonished them to watch and pray lest the devil comes in and deceive them yet they were all found sleeping everytime he returned from his prayer. No wonder Peter almost lost his anointing but thanks to Christ who already prayed for him.

So don't tell me there's no temptation, even Jesus was tempted after fasting for 40 days!

Yes, women are weaker vessels but when the Spirit is poured on all flesh, it wouldn't be them preaching and facing persecution and all but the Spirit. And this pertains to the men as well, just as Jesus stated that they will be persecuted by the time he leaves but he will send down a comforter to them in his place.

That said, let me remind you that Paul preached the Gospel of salvation, grace, newness and righteousness but also as a leader, he laid down principles for the Church admonition!

Greet your pastor Mrs for me. Tell her I said she has chosen her defender well.

I just hope you'll be able to defend her on judgement day.

I'm done arguing with you. It's obvious you aren't prepared to see reason.
Have a nice Sunday.
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by Kagawa10: 2:57pm On Jan 22, 2017
Ioannes:

Greet your pastor Mrs for me. Tell her I said she has chosen her defender well.

I just hope you'll be able to defend her on judgement day.

I'm done arguing with you. It's obvious you aren't prepared to see reason.
Have a nice Sunday.

The Just are justified by faith in Christ! Afterwards, their works are tried! Works such as adultery, fornication, unrighteousness etc, not principles laid by Paul.

Don't worry about my pastor, worry about yourself.

I wish you a nice sunday also.
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by urahara(m): 3:14pm On Jan 22, 2017
Christians been cherry picking parts of the bible that pleases them since 200bc
Re: Will Women Pastors End Up In Hell? by irokobest(m): 3:18pm On Jan 22, 2017
Kagawa10:

That was Paul's principles to the Church in those eras and age. As a leader, he's bound to lay down principles as deem fit to his Church but not to us as we're not under any Law (whether that of Moses or Paul). However, we're advised to obey our Church leaders' principles per adventure they lay down any principles.

The example of Jezebel is enough to warn any group of Christians to refrain from permitting their women to peddle with the word of God. There are other good works women should do in support of God's work so as to be saved. Rev.2:20-23

Men like Moses, Joshua, Daniel, David, Elijah, Isaiah, Jeremiah and a host of others were clearly shown in the Bible that they were ordained by God. But can you cite any instance to show that God appointed any woman at any time to lead or teach His people?

, St. Paul says: "Let all things be done decently and in order." God is against lawlessness, presumptuousness and confusion. 1 Corinthians 14: 33.40.

Share on Facebook  Twitter   E-mail

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman: I Almost Died Fasting For 11 Days Without Water Or Food / Ondo Poll Outcome Will Shock Politicians – Primate Ayodele / Bishop Oyedepo: Islamists Are Bent On Islamizing Nigeria, But This Is Not 1964

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.