Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,454 members, 7,823,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Why Does God Requires Faith - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does God Requires Faith (5976 Views)

Does God Exist? A Debate / ATHIESTS-- The Obama-healthcare Bill Requires Implanted With Chip On Right Hand / Does God Scourge Us? 7 Reasons To Say No!! - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does God Requires Faith by Egbokom: 8:19am On Jan 22, 2017
Because christianity is build on Faith,listen to pastor Sarah omakwu family worship centre abuja on Faith teaching,nd u will be uplighted
Re: Why Does God Requires Faith by hopefulLandlord: 8:21am On Jan 22, 2017
Miles300:
Real faith requires patience , ask Abraham , Joseph etc

Yeah, Abraham had patience otherwise he would've killed Isaac before the Pathetic voice in his head told him to use the animal instead

Joseph had faith that's why he was dumb enough to accept a bastard as a son while believing Mary got pregnant by an invisible deek

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Requires Faith by HardMirror(m): 8:22am On Jan 22, 2017
anetuno:
Because you need faith to see black and call it blue.
Hehehehe
Re: Why Does God Requires Faith by bobbybrown007: 8:25am On Jan 22, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

tell us what faith is

educate us
when JESUS CHRIST walked on water when he was about to meet his disciples, when one of them was told to come and meet him that he almost sank before JESUS CHRIST held him he was scared at first but he was then held on the hand where by making him walk on water to me that is faith because he knew he had faith in JESUS CHRIST
Re: Why Does God Requires Faith by hopefulLandlord: 8:30am On Jan 22, 2017
bobbybrown007:
when JESUS CHRIST walked on water when he was about to meet his disciples, when one of them was told to come and meet him that he almost sank before JESUS CHRIST held him he was scared at first but he was then held on the hand where by making him walk on water to me that is faith because he knew he had faith in JESUS CHRIST

but Jesus Christ doesn't exist physically anymore, so are you saying faith is impossible these days?
Re: Why Does God Requires Faith by addizzle(f): 8:35am On Jan 22, 2017
Emeskhalifa:
I have been struggling so hard to have faith in God but it ain't working for me.
cry
this serious....with prayer n determination u can sure have it...happy Sunday
Re: Why Does God Requires Faith by bobbybrown007: 8:35am On Jan 22, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

but Jesus Christ doesn't exist physically anymore, so are you saying faith is impossible these days?
or let me bring it to your understanding, everyday we all sin but we have faith dat wen we ask and pray for forgiveness we all would be forgiven

OR
The AIR we breath can be seen but we no that the air passes and also enter our body that is faith.
Re: Why Does God Requires Faith by victorv12(m): 8:39am On Jan 22, 2017
Religion contradicts our common sense and reason abilities. But people still won't leave it. Why? Family. Support. Community.

Religion can't solve humanity's problems, but honesty observation and acceptance of reality can.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does God Requires Faith by purplekayc(m): 8:40am On Jan 22, 2017
Re: Why Does God Requires Faith by hopefulLandlord: 8:41am On Jan 22, 2017
bobbybrown007:
or let me bring it to your understanding, everyday we all sin but we have faith dat wen we ask and pray for forgiveness we all would be forgiven

OR
The AIR we breath can be seen but we no that the air passes and also enter our body that is faith.

I need you to define faith, simple
Re: Why Does God Requires Faith by Abdul3391(m): 8:46am On Jan 22, 2017
Emeskhalifa:
I have been struggling so hard to have faith in God but it ain't working for me.
cry
Don't look at the disappointments you have been through cause that's way to think God doesn't care or hear u
Re: Why Does God Requires Faith by bobbybrown007: 8:49am On Jan 22, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I need you to define faith, simple
faith is having believe in things hope for but not yet seen
1. complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
2. strong belief in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual conviction rather than proof.
Faith means being sure of the things we hope for and knowing that something is real even if we do not see it.
Re: Why Does God Requires Faith by hopefulLandlord: 8:53am On Jan 22, 2017
bobbybrown007:

faith is having believe in things hope for but not yet seen

1. complete trust or confidence in someone or
something.

2. strong belief in the doctrines of a religion, based
on spiritual conviction rather than proof.

Faith means being sure of the things we hope for
and knowing that something is real even if we do not
see it.

but you called the below a rubbish

If God was real he wouldn't require faith his existence would be fact, we only have faith in things that have no backing, no none has faith in the sun.
Faith disproves God

how then doesn't it fit into your definition?
Re: Why Does God Requires Faith by benzics(m): 8:55am On Jan 22, 2017
bobbybrown007:

OR
I facepalmed so hard reading this shit.. . Damn!

3 Likes

Re: Why Does God Requires Faith by bobbybrown007: 8:57am On Jan 22, 2017
Made a mistake I meant can't be seen
Re: Why Does God Requires Faith by oluamid(m): 8:58am On Jan 22, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

but you called the below a rubbish

how then doesn't it fit into your definition?

Checkmate!
Re: Why Does God Requires Faith by skinflint(m): 9:10am On Jan 22, 2017
Please, FAITH and TRUST are not the same thing; one is above the other. Anyway, it was a good article.
Re: Why Does God Requires Faith by LastProphet: 9:13am On Jan 22, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
hmmm

Faith is not that necessary

The story of the man at the beautiful gate shows this

as we can see the man had no faith about being healed only wanted money and it should be pointed out that he asked Peter like he asks every passer by

anyways Christianity is one contradictory bullsheeet that's why we have over 3000 Christian denominations, leaders of each denomination claim to have a personal relationship with the Holy Spirit and say they're telling the truth even calling other denominations as doomed while backing up his claim with verses in the same bible

each one claims to talk to the holy spirit but they never seem to agree on what that holy spirit wants

its all makebelieve

hahahahaha, impressed
Re: Why Does God Requires Faith by thesicilian: 9:14am On Jan 22, 2017
Emeskhalifa:
cry
If you're a believer, you already have faith, all you need do is learn how to make it work.
Re: Why Does God Requires Faith by orisa37: 9:34am On Jan 22, 2017
"The same Reason I'm reading this Yeye Thread of yours". Yeyeman, I could have ignored neither reading nor posting on it, but I have Faith in you and that you're a Creature yourself.
Re: Why Does God Requires Faith by Habakus: 9:36am On Jan 22, 2017
Emeskhalifa:
cry
You don't need to struggle Bro. God understands our weaknesses. Just believe in him like a little child completely trusts in his parents. Work hard in your daily affairs and leave the rest for him.
He told us somewhere in the Bible that we don't have to worry about anything. Do your best and leave the rest for him; he's more than capable. I'm saying this from first-hand experience.
Re: Why Does God Requires Faith by BIGDADDY000(m): 9:53am On Jan 22, 2017
I choose 2 ave FAITH, dat's d only thing dat keep me going by now because without FAITH am nothing!. FAITH MEANS CHRISTIANITY!
Re: Why Does God Requires Faith by charlsecy(m): 12:08pm On Jan 22, 2017
Haphard:
If you don't have faith, God can't hear you, you can't receive anything from God......
In practice, I don't think this is true.
Re: Why Does God Requires Faith by ruthxzy(f): 1:14pm On Jan 22, 2017
deezzle:
Because it is all a scam. Your god has no evidence of existence....simple.

You guys should read some Robert Ingersoll please. Don't be fooled.
That why God said you need faith before you can believe in his existence and not theory or based on what you can see. you only need to exercise faith( what you can see) to know him
Re: Why Does God Requires Faith by Zenlife: 1:20pm On Jan 22, 2017
God requires NOTHING.
Re: Why Does God Requires Faith by sonmvayina(m): 2:11pm On Jan 22, 2017
Faith is just a fancy word for 'i dont know if i am right but its ok...what is the mechanism for knowing that the god you have faith in is the real...since god is spirit there is a chance that the spirit could be Allah or Eledumare or chineke...
what really amazes me is the story we have told or built around this spirit...An entity or idea that does noy talk or speaak, how did we know what it likes or hateor its name
Re: Why Does God Requires Faith by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 22, 2017
Faith is Something In which this whole world Exist.
And I know only a Basic Principle as a Christian Everything is Possible Only Believe.
Thanks and Amen.
Best Blog Platform
Re: Why Does God Requires Faith by obinna58(m): 3:28pm On Jan 22, 2017
Faith is necessary for religion in
Order to maintain its existence

If god exist then what caused its existence, something must have created god or

He is one us "atheist"

If god existed b4 time then

Explain what existing b4 time mean
Re: Why Does God Requires Faith by Great504: 5:14pm On Jan 22, 2017
Emeskhalifa:
cry
I am not judging you here but it is just my perception. If you say you are finding it difficult to have faith in Him, I will say it means you are still analyzing the situation with your brain. Only if you can attain that extent that you will say"come what may, I remain to trust Him completely."
Re: Why Does God Requires Faith by Lex11(m): 8:41pm On Jan 22, 2017
Why ask why? GOD, The Sovereign King Eternal righteously requires it... that is enough.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." - Hebrews 11:6

"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need" - Hebrews 4:16

(Read the entire Hebrews 11 chapter for more).
======

"Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." - John 20:29
Re: Why Does God Requires Faith by Nobody: 12:40am On May 02, 2017
ruthxzy:

That why God said you need faith before you can believe in his existence and not theory or based on what you can see. you only need to exercise faith( what you can see) to know him
Psalms 14:1 1 The fool says in his heart,
“There is no God.” They are
corrupt, their sins are vile..
Leave him alone he is only trying to justify his sins

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire / What Is The Difference Between Life And Soul (spirit Or Whatever We Call It) / I Need To Visit A Seer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.