Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,551 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? (4997 Views)

Mass Defection: What Movement Of Lawmakers Will Do To Political Parties – Wike / See What Youths Did To Political Banners In Niger State Cos There Is No Change / Supreme Court Unable To Deliver PDP Ruling Due To Political Interference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? by iamhorny(m): 7:30am On Jan 22, 2017
Why do most Nigerians equate Igbo Trade domination to political dominance?

This is one thing I have noticed among other Nigerians when analysing the prospects of Igbos when it comes to political leadership. You will hear ignorant people make comments like

"If we give Igbos power, they will sell Nigeria to the highest bidder" (truly this is funny),

"Haa we the Niger delta will not follow the Igbos to Biafra because they will colonize us, take over our land and turn us to their slaves" (Very dumb thought)

"We must not allow EzeNdigbo in Yoruba land and must stop selling land to Igbos, they have taken over our land in Lagos. Very soon they will install an Eze on us and our Oba will lose their command" (like really? Do we look like the Fulani as in the case of Ilorin).

Personally, i know when it comes to Trade and Commerce, the Igbos are aggressive investors but that does not equate to political domination or aggression. Our trade and business dominance happen organically with no conscious effort or preplanned effort.
People fail to look at the positives as to the opportunities that come with Igbo businesses in their territory. The employment, tax revenues, attraction of other related businesses and the socio cultural interaction and Exchange.

As for politics, Igbo history till today has never favoured the argument that Igbos dominates others. The Igbos I know are not and can never be like the hausa/fulani in anyway. The Igbos have conscience and have been more Nigerian than other Nigerians.

The Igbos have lived with their neighbours in the Niger delta for thousands of years and there was never a case of slave raid or attack on them in a bid to rule them or any form of colonization or imposition of king. Just imagine the Fulani or the Yoruba whose history is littered with inter-tribal wars and savagery were their neighbours in the Niger delta, the Niger delta would have long turned Fulani by force or be in constant wars with the Yoruba. The Igbos have lived peacefully with their neighbours, married their daughters and gave out their own daughters also, worshipped the same deity (like in the days of Aro where amadioha was worshipped by both igbo, ibibios, ijaws,ogoni etc.) The Igbos shared and learnt from their neighbours (like Nsibidi which is originally Ibibio was used by the Igbos, efiks and Ibibios). Look at the Igbos and look at their neighbours, in dressing, in culture they look similar, they had the same market days, their women tied double wrappers etc.

Come to Aba or even Owerri, the best restaurants are owned by the ibibios and efik Those that schooled in FUTO will understand what am talking about. They are as hard working as their Igbo brothers and i have never heard of any form of harassment, intimidation or discrimination. Infact most Igbo dominated markets in Lagos have the ibibios and efiks working hand in hand with the Igbos. Many of them speak Igbo that they will have to tell you they are not Igbo before you know they are not. I have met an Ibibio lady in Lagos who initially i thought was Igbo. she spoke Igbo fluently and when i asked here her name she told me Grace Etuk but told me she grew up in Aba and that her father, mum and grand mum all grew up in Aba. She reps Aba to the core just like Yemi Alade who grew up in Umuahia and can bearly speak yoruba but speaks igbo fluently as her first language and even in her music always sound Igbo-like and relate more and featured more igbo artist than any other.
All these make me wonder where all the negative impression of Igbos emanated from. Could it be the Yoruba media propaganda or just envy or just people who just dread Igbo progress?

The funniest part of it all is that people who don’t want to allow Igbos opportunities are incapable of creating those opportunities like the Igbos. Their towns will be sleeping and dead, once the Igbos come in to wake it up with businesses, that is when you see them begin to struck out their neck, head and eyes with envy and complain how Igbos are buying up their lands like as if they are not the ones selling it.
Even with the seizing of Igbo monies and properties, giving them just 20punds despite all the millions they had in the bank and with indigenization policy and other institutionalised anti-Igbo policies like quota system, denial of presidency still it took the just Igbos 40yrs to do the impossible.
The Igbos are back to control trade and commerce, they are majority of our best footballers both male and female, they are back to lead in education, technology and indigenous manufacturing. They have and are still producing most of our best technocrats both nationally and internationally. Infact outside Nigeria they are the face of Nigeria. The best known Nigerians are usually the Igbos. Today 70% of everything we consume in Nigeria today has an Igbo signature on it( either through production or importation or distributorship, marketing, transportation or retail. In within the chain the Igbos must be there). Today the Igbos are bridging the distance between West African countries with their trade and transport. Just name the Top ten (10) transport companies in Nigeria (both trans-national and Inter-state), am sure eight (cool will probably be Igbo owned with the remaining two (2) be Edo/delta owned.

The Igbos are back to banking, insurance, telecoms and ICT. Even though the north own most of the oil blocks, don’t be surprise if you find out the Igbos dominate the upstream sector of the oil industry (With techno oil, capital oil, integrated oil, nestle oil just to mention a few).
Also look at the real estate sector, like other Nigerians complain “Igbos own most of the choice properties in all the major cities in Nigeria. It is also happening in Ghana, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Senegal and all over West Africa and they are still buying and building. They are just unstoppable. El rufai the former Minister of FCT stated that the Igbos own 75% of the landed properties in Abuja. I don’t want to go into details of that of Lagos, we all know the dominant landlords. They own and manage most of the best indigenous hotels, malls, fast food and filling stations.

What of urbanization? The Igbos may not have a Lagos which every Nigerian knows the history of Lagos and what has made Lagos what it is today, outside that, no city in any region can claim to be comparably better or more likeable than those in the east, despite suffering destruction during the civil war. The west and the north had all the advantages after the civil war coupled with the oil boom of the 1970s, yet visit those regions and yet there has not being any appreciable development in their cities even with government support. Their cities are still littered with mud houses, brown roofs and ancient dead buildings. Yet the east with no government presence is still standing tall hence the Igbos are proud of themselves, with their cities littered with the highest concentration of duplexes and 4 to 6 storey buildings and having the highest number of self-made millionaires/billionaires. Yes they are not where they want to be, but gradually they will get there. No Nigerian can deny the contributions of the Igbos to urban development in for of real estate development and business creation in other regions even to the detriment of theirs and others don’t invest in their region as much

Infact am tried. Igbos are just too blessed, they have done the impossible and which still amaze other Nigerians and how they do it has remained a mystery which has made other Nigerians postulate different stereotype about the Igbos success. The most common being that Igbos love money too much and can do anything to make money.

Well I will say it is centered on the igbo apprenticeship and group economics.
Unfortunately some self acclaimed sophisticated group still see trading and commerce as to be reserved for drop out or lower class same attitude they have to farming with was their primary occupation before the advent of white collar jobs. This has led to high rate of unemployment, poverty and economic slavery as it is seen with stomach infrastructure.

Trade has always been the primary occupation of the Igbos even before the white men. They never dropped trading even with white collar jobs. They traded with their neighbours and even as far as Timbuktu in Mali and Burkina Faso.(google and read more about the trade success of Awka iron craftsmen, the origins of Iron Metallurgy in Africa and about Aba traders) and also with the Portuguese.

I will rather advise other Nigerians to learn from the Igbos and also should learn to live and let live. as much as Igbos are still Nigerians and others want them to be Nigerians then they must be ready and willing to accept the fact that Igbos’ natural zeal for success and their enterprising nature has made them 100miles ahead of others, hence they will always dominated any trade and commercial venture. It may not be immediate but over time but it should not be translated into political dominance, even the Chinese are now complaining about the Igbos market take over in other West African countries even though they love to trade with the Igbos.

Am sure if not for the Igbos, the Chinese would have taken over our local markets like they have done in East, Central (aside Cameroon, equatorial guinea and Gabon were the Igbos hold sway) and southern African countries. But all this should not be equate to political dominance or takeover. it is purely trade. Even if they dominate politically, there will always be economic and social progress unlike the backwards and repressive vultures from the North and the theoretical, loquacious grammar speakers with no practical ethics/knowledge from the West (The same reason we are in a recession now).

Finally, worthy of note are the Ibibio and the itshekiri who are also as enterprising as the Igbos, only that they are disadvantaged numerically hence they are not really noticed.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? by maclatunji: 7:46am On Jan 22, 2017
Sorry, but reasonable people have no problems with Igbos doing legitimate trade. However, if certain Igbos are dubious, ill-mannered and confrontational over simple issues, then you don't expect sane Igbos to like them talk less of people from other tribes.

22 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? by lovat(m): 7:55am On Jan 22, 2017
maclatunji:
Sorry, but reasonable people have no problems with Igbos doing legitimate trade. However, if certain Igbos are dubious, ill-mannered and confrontational over simple issues, then you don't expect sane Igbos to like them talk less of people from other tribes.
Reasonable people as in Muslims grin angry grin grin angry grin

You just made me LOL

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? by iamhorny(m): 7:59am On Jan 22, 2017
maclatunji:

And why would any sane person stereotype the whole igbos because of the actions of a few dubious one who are not even up to half %. secondly and sure your type will tolerate and still partner with a fulani who will kill you than an igbo who you attend the same church with and had a disagreement with,which end with exchange of word and thats all

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? by betty202020(m): 8:06am On Jan 22, 2017
the truth is always bitter. thanks to the open. they will like to sow seed of discord between igbos and their neighbors in SS. but history has never recorded any clash or communal misunderstanding among the two regions. God will continue to give the two regions peace to coexist, Amen.

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? by Horlufemi(m): 8:09am On Jan 22, 2017
In this life there are two kinds of people irrespective of whether you come from. Good and evil people.

You can't just throw away an entire race because of some actions if some few ones. Not all oyinbo are racist. Not all Igbo are drug peddlers, not all Yoruba are ritualists, not all Fulani are killers.

I am throwing away my identity as a Yoruba guy and becoming a global human. I will like to know you personally first before I come close to you. I've seen terrible Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa people and at the same time meet fantastic people. I cringe when an Igbo guy telling me I'm not like the rest, I'll tell that person I can't be friends with you straight.

We are all individuals. We see only through our own eyes not through another's. How ever you want to dice it you are by yourself.

The important thing is to be good to the next man that's when you'll be a good person.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? by chubbyswit(m): 8:16am On Jan 22, 2017
op you captured the whole situation perfectly. The other two tribes know all this, that is why they reek of hate and jealousy, and they rather die than give igbos their own country knowing how the igbos will move forward astronomically leaving them behind in their in backward and wretched mentality.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? by economia: 8:20am On Jan 22, 2017
i will rather commit crime to see igbo as my head
i have work with them, they are trouble makers, they will drive peace away from you untill you leave there
they can not exist with another tribe peacefully
mrs okafor rosemary was my boss in anambra, she did everything for me to use my hand to look for transfer
they see non igbo as traet
they will cause many many trouble and claim you are responsible for them all
too enviouse of another tribe
i can tell you hell of igbo tribe

19 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 22, 2017
The class of Igbo that other Nigerians have most interactions with is the Igbo trader; so they tend to assess every Igbo from their relationship with the trader. They don't see the Igbo technocrats, the Igbo politician or the Igbo intelligentsia. Because several Igbo traders went through the apprenticeship scheme rather than formal academic education, they are largely considered illiterate. Besides, the culture of 'onye aghana nwanne ya' has helped the Igbo. The resilience of the Igbo compared to other groups leads to the assumption that Igbo are aggressive. Because the Igbo trader is seen dealing with cash, he's termed lover of money. People hardly see the Ekwueme, the Soludo, Akwunyili, Ezekwesili, Ngozi, Achebe, Azikiwe, Ojukwu, Barth Nnaji, Ken Nnamani, etc. They would rather profile the Igbo with the ill educated youth at Ojo Alaba.

15 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? by disumusa: 8:55am On Jan 22, 2017
chubbyswit:
op you captured the whole situation perfectly. The other two tribes know all this, that is why they reek of hate and jealousy, and they rather die than give igbos their own country knowing how the igbos will move forward astronomically leaving them behind in their in backward and wretched mentality.
who is in pain , protesting, agitating, all what we know is that yiboo will never be allow to rule Nigeria , infac I can imagine yibbo with red cap ruling my country pls pls just go and be selling your market or trade nonsense.

15 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? by BiafranPrince: 9:05am On Jan 22, 2017
disumusa:
who is in pain , protesting, agitating, all what we know is that yiboo will never be allow to rule Nigeria , infac I can imagine yibbo with red cap ruling my country pls pls just go and be selling your market or trade nonsense.

If this gives peace of mind, it's ok.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? by NaMeAboki: 9:08am On Jan 22, 2017
iamhorny:

And why would any sane person stereotype the whole igbos because of the actions of a few dubious one who are not even up to half %. secondly and sure your type will tolerate and still partner with a fulani who will kill you than an igbo who you attend the same church with and had a disagreement with,which end with exchange of word and thats all
@OP:
Your hypocrisy is exactly why others seem to always have problems with so many of you.

Check your immediate responses to maclatunji: while condemning the stereotyping of Igbos for the actions of a few amongst them; yet without even a thought, you turned around and were doing exactly the same within the same breath.
Just look at how you sarcastically stereotyped all Muslims as unreasonable and similarly the Fulanis as killers - how then do you expect others not to treat you with same lack of objectivity?
Ask yourself why do Igbo communities even beyond the shores of this country e.g. SA, Asia USA etc, seem to attract hate and notoriety to themselves?

@Topic:
How is it possible to confuse so call Igbo dominance in trade with this alleged dominance in politics when they clearly have no foothold in Nigerian politics.

Even their current agitation for separation is in fact a symptom of their serial lack of political success: they tried and failed through tribal politics in the 1st republic, then tried and failed again through the use of force by military coup; Ojukwu tried in the 2nd republic and couldn't even win his own constituency; while also failing in the current 3rd republic after pitching their tent with Jonathan, having sacrificed their own slot to him - this is why the ongoing push for Biafra is nothing more than frustrations out of their failure to make inroads in Nigerian politics - all because they are politically naive and unsophisticated, lacking in compromise, persuasive power, willingness to reach out, mend bridges and form new alliances and consequently isolating themselves out of political power; hence their desire to completely opt out and be on their own.

The OP's assumption of Igbo political dominance let alone its alleged confusion with their apparent dominance in trade is therefore a mere a figment of his own imagination and possibly a weakness of their general trait to overrate themselves over and above others.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? by chubbyswit(m): 9:15am On Jan 22, 2017
disumusa:
please stop jerking off on my mention, dont know how what i wrote is torturing you to the extent of quoting me like a mad man, you need peace so you can calm yourself down. Happy sunday.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? by devilson(m): 9:34am On Jan 22, 2017
another round of chest pounding thread by the osu's osu slave are direct descendants of chimpanzees

12 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? by iSlayer: 9:46am On Jan 22, 2017
The Igbos have lived with their neighbours in the Niger delta for thousands of years and there was never a case of slave raid or attack on them in a bid to rule them or any form of colonization or imposition of king. Just imagine the Fulani or the Yoruba whose history is littered with inter-tribal wars and savagery where their neighbours in the Niger delta, the Niger delta would have long turned Fulani by force or be in constant wars with the Yoruba. The Igbos have lived peacefully with their neighbours, married their daughters and gave out their own daughters also, worshipped the same deity (like in the days of Aro where amadioha was worshipped by both igbo, ibibios, ijaws,ogoni etc.) The Igbos shared and learnt from their neighbours (like Nsibidi which is originally Ibibio was used by the Igbos, efiks and Ibibios). Look at the Igbos and look at their neighbours, in dressing, in culture they look similar, they had the same market days, their women tied double wrappers etc.

This diplomatic approach of the Igbo to issues during the pre-colonial times when most tribes/ethnicities were savage in their dealings,is quite remarkable and to me is worthy of research. During nter-tribal clashes the Igbo were known to send emisaries to the other people in view of seeking solutions through dialogue/concessions rather than mobilizing for war,by this way they hardly fought any wars with neighboring tribes. They hardly ever practiced any form of kingship but lived an egalitarian society where all was equal (studies have shown this structure is a cultural advancement to the monarchical structure). Very intresting really. Too bad nigeria is hugely backward and doesn't value research work.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? by iSlayer: 9:48am On Jan 22, 2017
^^Tribal maturity. IMO.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? by iamhorny(m): 10:00am On Jan 22, 2017
NaMeAboki:

Check your immediate responses to maclatunji: while condemning the stereotyping of Igbos for the actions of a few amongst them; yet without even a thought, you turned around and were doing exactly the same within the same breath.
Just look at how you sarcastically stereotyped all Muslims as unreasonable and similarly the Fulanis as killers - how then do you expect others not to treat you with same lack of objectivity?
whats is this one saying, who is talking about muslims here?

Ask yourself why do Igbo communities even beyond the shores of this country e.g. SA, Asia USA etc, seem to attract hate and notoriety to themselves?
and who told you they hate igbos like you envious people. One a person commit crime, the deal with him on that level.
they dont go burning igbo investments or properties neither do they arrest them because they are igbo or even wishing them death in a bid to take over there wealth.

and again because of igbo numerical proportion in the diaspora, they will equally have a high proportion of criminals same way yoruba have a higher proportion of criminals in the UK because there are more there. It is common sense.

Even their current agitation for separation is in fact a symptom of their serial lack of political success: they tried and failed through tribal politics in the 1st republic, then tried and failed again through the use of force by military coup; Ojukwu tried in the 2nd republic and couldn't even win his own constituency; while also failing in the current 3rd republic after pitching their tent with Jonathan, having sacrificed their own slot to him - this is why the ongoing push for Biafra is nothing more than frustrations out of their failure to make inroads in Nigerian politics - all because they are politically naive and unsophisticated, lacking in compromise, persuasive power, willingness to reach out, mend bridges and form new alliances and consequently isolating themselves out of political power; hence their desire to completely opt out and be on their own.

cant believe am reading this. failed coup, tribal politics and pitching tent with Jonathan having sacrificed their own slot. This is why Nigeria will never move forward and why it is right to consider some people zombie.

Put this into your skull, the reason why igbos have been politically not successful is what this write up is all about, institutionalized blocks(population census, number of states, quota system etc) and yourba/fulani fear of what igbos are capable of. They see igbo domination in trade and commerce and fear that the same will be done politically. The fulani culturally believe they are born to run and believe in a bid to retain power, it must be done through the spread of islam and the only people who are a stumbling block to that agenda are the igbos, hence to them the igbos must not be allowed to rule and they have successfully used the yoruba to that agenda, Dont forget the north wanted to secede after their revenge coup but were persuaded by Britain to stay because of British interest.

Secondly before the civil war, the only relevant groups politically were the igbos/east and the North in general. the Yorubas were just a pawn in the middle who was easily controlled and conquered. Ilorin was conquered by the fulani, Lagos was conquered by Zik, the new generation have of igbos conquered lagos again economically and politically.(live with it bro)

thirdly, the yoruba main fear of the igbos is not just trade domination, they fear the repeat of zik's conquering of Lagos repeating itself hence they always prefer a norther rule where they will be comfortable with being the spear tyre.

In all presidency or no presidency, Igbos are progressing even better than their hateful compatriots. The agitation for biafra has nothing to do with presidency because it will not change anything. The agitation is purely for us to fulfill our destiny as a people and put a stop to all the killings and injustices. we know what we are capable of and we know Nigeria is a limiting space. we need breathing space. Even with your presidency, The hausa fulani and yoruba are still poorer than the igbos. the igbos still have a higher standard of living than them, the igbos are more in every positive indices than the yoruba/hausa fulani. so stick you presidency to your ass and let the igbos be.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? by BlackCrypter: 10:09am On Jan 22, 2017
NaMeAboki:

@OP:
Your hypocrisy is exactly why others seem to always have problems with so many of you.

@Topic:
How is it possible to confuse so call Igbo dominance in trade with this alleged dominance in politics when they clearly have no foothold in Nigerian politics.

The OP's assumption of Igbo political dominance let alone its alleged confusion with their apparent dominance in trade is therefore a mere a figment of his own imagination and possibly a weakness of their general trait to overrate themselves over and above others.

Ibos will mock you but play the victim card when you do same. They mock Agatu people and victims of boko haram but crying that people hate them. They are all born hypocrite and reason no one take them serious.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? by ificatchmodeh: 10:13am On Jan 22, 2017
economia:
i have work with them, they are trouble makers, they will drive peace away from you untill you leave there
mrs okafor rosemary was my boss in anambra, she did everything for me to use my hand to look for transfer

Same with the yourba tribe.

Graduate from uniife oau. Believe me..i saw worst.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? by BlackCrypter: 10:14am On Jan 22, 2017
Secondly before the civil war, the only relevant groups politically were the igbos/east and the North in general. the Yorubas were just a pawn in the middle who was easily controlled and conquered. Ilorin was conquered by the fulani, Lagos was conquered by Zik, the new generation have of igbos conquered lagos again economically and politically.(live with it bro)

Lol. Typical iboe man, deceiving himself while beating his hairy dry chest. You not only conquered Lagos but Nigeria, Asia, USA and Isreal.

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? by BlackCrypter: 10:15am On Jan 22, 2017
ificatchmodeh:

Same with the yourba tribe.

Graduate from uniife oau. Believe me..i saw worst.

Ikedi and his lies cheesy buhahahahaha.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? by ificatchmodeh: 10:20am On Jan 22, 2017
BlackCrypter:

Ikedi and his lies cheesy buhahahahaha.

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? by Funlordjnr: 10:42am On Jan 22, 2017
Igbo this igbo that....All day everyday!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? by iamhorny(m): 10:52am On Jan 22, 2017
BlackCrypter:

Lol. Typical iboe man, deceiving himself while beating his hairy dry chest. You not only conquered Lagos but Nigeria, Asia, USA and Isreal.

your pain grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? by Kondomatic(m): 11:01am On Jan 22, 2017
economia:
If I should judge all Yorubas because of my encounter with one baba here then I will not have a reason to greet a Yorub person let alone be friend to one.

We know him as the chairman of this market but the man is a devil. He will greet you like you're his senior but deep down he's looking for a way to run your business down.

He sends tax collectors to your shop and then come to join you beg them when they over bill you.

But on my right is another shop belonging to a Yoruba woman. she treats me like a son, stands by me when baba comes with his trouble. She sometimes reveals the secret of what baba is plotting behind to the union. Her husband is a Yoruba Muslim, she's a Yoruba Muslim but most of her children are Christians.

She's the reason you hardly see me say anything against Yorubas .

So you see?

We have good and bad Yorubs, good and bad Hausas, Good and bad Igbos.

An Hausa agent got this shop for me and refused to collect agency fee. Hauss are good people, better than my own tribe. Their problem is high population of illiterates, that's why the elites can easily brainwash them they cause violence using religion.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? by BlackCrypter: 11:05am On Jan 22, 2017
iamhorny:

your pain grin grin grin

Developer, we are on same page.you. No one is arguing it with you that you comquered USA, UK, Asia, South Africa and Japan. You own Lagos too and Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? by MrFemFem: 11:06am On Jan 22, 2017
1. A senior friend asked me to wait 4 him in an eatery in Oshogbo. So I ordered for sumtin of ₦250(sometin a gentleman lyk me can afford)..100 amala,50 naira meat,20 pure water and 30 naira for madam keep d change.

After Eating successfully d Voluminous meal and waiting ,i noticed a rich man in agbada. About 50secs later, a man went to dis richman & told him he lost his wife & need money...Immediately, d richman gave him a millon naira cheque out of pity.(wow! I was
shocked).

Another man went in crying dat he lost his father & needed money 4 burial, this good rich
man gave him a million naira cheque too (ehn? Kini mo gbo? I CANT BE LEFT OUT). I was cooking in my mind, d type of pitiful lie I'll also tell 2 rececive my own 1 million...I summoned courage and went to d richman's front.

I told him I lost my grandfather & I need money (I was crying, shedding crocodile tears...). whileI was expecting this man to open his brief case & give me a cheque too, suddenly I heard a noise

"CUT!!! CUT!!! CUT!!! MR MAN, YOU CAN'T INTERUPT OUR FILM JUST LIKE THAT"

2. I was buying fufu at one junction while waiting for change I saw a woman with a little child. The child was walking a bit faster than the woman and the woman shouted; "Degree wait for me". I was so amazed hearing that name. So to satisfy my curiosity, I walked closer to the woman and asked; "ma, why do u call this child degree"? The woman laughed and said "I sent her mother to the University and this is what she brought home.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? by ODDVanguard: 11:12am On Jan 22, 2017
The worst thing that can happen to the igboman in Yorubaland is what i will prefer to call 'Yoruba consciousness'. The moment Yorubas begin to see you as an enemy and throw away their signature diplomacy and 'sophistication' to the wind, then you are toast.

Yorubas have already passed that point since the last two years or so, hence the increasing tensions and fire-for-fire exchanges between both groups lately.

That's exactly what became of Zik that he had to face the East when the Yorubas decided to overrun his political machinery in the old Western Region.

The thing about igbos that ALWAYS gets them into trouble with other groups is their inability to manage neighborly relations with virtually all their neighbours. They consciously rub it in the face of their hosts that they are there to 'dominate', forgetting that they don't have a monopoly on dominance coz those same hosts too can quickly become hostile and put them in their place. Bearfra is the only solution to their problem coz then they will know and respect their boundaries.

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? by ODDVanguard: 11:19am On Jan 22, 2017
iamhorny:

your pain grin grin grin

This is the reason why you lots will never be at peace with other ethnicities and will always arouse suspicion.

If Yorubas refuse to sell land to your people (like some igboid groups in Rivers refuse to till today), you cry that they hate you and are envious of you. If they sell to you na to dey beat chest say the place is a nomansland and you gloat about your phantom dominance. It's like trouble follows you lots everywhere you go.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? by iamhorny(m): 11:24am On Jan 22, 2017
ODDVanguard:
The worst thing that can happen to the igboman in Yorubaland is what i will prefer to call 'Yoruba consciousness'. The moment Yorubas begin to see you as an enemy and throw away their signature diplomacy and 'sophistication' to the wind, then you are toast.

Yorubas have already passed that point since the last two years or so, hence the increasing tensions and fire-for-fire exchanges between both groups lately.

That's exactly what became of Zik that he had to face the East when the Yorubas decided to overrun his political machinery in the old Western Region.

The thing about igbos that ALWAYS gets them into trouble with other groups is their inability to manage neighborly relations with virtually all their neighbours. They consciously rub it in the face of their hosts that they are there to 'dominate', forgetting that they don't have a monopoly on dominance coz those same hosts too can quickly become hostile and put them in their place. Bearfra is the only solution to their problem coz then they will know and respect their boundaries.

tarrr, which consciousness, do you mean zombie consciousness? mr go and face the fulanis and reclaim ilorin before facing the igbos. Who dash yoruba liver? SMH

when you remember the hunger that will follow any crisis with igbo in lagos your cowardice will set in and your government will call for peace talk. Asides it not even possible.

yorubas dont control lagos. there are igbo dominated places in lagos, same as hausa dominated place and yoruba dominated place which are slum and old places. how you wan do am na? grin grin

so long as Nigeria remains, you have lost lagos for good. we dash you governorship and all the political post, but socially and economically, lagos is not in the hands of yorubas and that is where we shall meet you...on the street grin grin live with it.

the worse you can do is to burn our markets or demolish some of our structure with government control but that is one in millions. the more you do that the more we multiply...lolz.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? by iamhorny(m): 11:28am On Jan 22, 2017
ODDVanguard:

This is the reason why you lots will never be at peace with other ethnicities and will always arouse suspicion.

If Yorubas refuse to sell land to your people (like some igboid groups in Rivers don't), you cry that they hate you and are envious of you. If they sell to you na to dey beat chest say the place is a nomansland and you gloat about your phantom dominance. It's like trouble follows you lots everywhere you go.

no sell land na, when you reason stomach infrastructure, you brain will reset grin grin.. Asides most of the land you sell in lagos do not belong to you. Na you papa get swamp? and again LAGOS IS A NOMANSLAND, deal with it. One Nigeria grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Equate Igbo Trade Domination To Political Dominance? by ODDVanguard: 11:34am On Jan 22, 2017
iamhorny:

tarrr, which consciousness, do you mean zombie consciousness? mr go and face the fulanis and reclaim ilorin before facing the igbos. Who dash yoruba liver?smh

Lol. Yorubas are not known to beat empty chest like you lots. Akure monarch already flogged sense into your people constituting nuisance in the state, Ambode is also dealing with una traders and shyt una no fit do beyond to whine and cry as usual. Our people don dey wake up and are now matching your unwarranted belligerence fire-for-fire as you can see. You lots are destined to end up in the East anyway whether you like it or not, dead or alive -- heck, y'all don't even bury your dead outside igboland. undecided lipsrsealed

Y'all should have a bit of pride and go develop the SE into a place where others would be willing to come to and desire to have a stake in, rather than going about constituting a nusisance by claiming other people's lands.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Singapore Billion Dollars Company, Port Notel In Abuja.. Photos / Release Nnamdi Kanu, Get Ready For Us - Gen. Orji To Nig Army / We Can’t Pay Minimum Wage Until 2012 –fg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.