Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,487 members, 7,812,509 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (694212 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mekurexx: 2:54am On Mar 22, 2017
grin grin
strictlynaija:
US school give you admission, them never decide funding....abeg that one na admission

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Fortissimo502: 2:55am On Mar 22, 2017
DeeTus:
Sounds cool! Seems like your younger sister is quite intelligent.

As I see your moniker i just remember when you ask one guy if him be undertaker grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 4:49am On Mar 22, 2017
Fortissimo502:

As I see your moniker i just remember when you ask one guy if him be undertaker grin
LOL. I already forgotten that. There are also assistant undertakers. cheesy Those who cry during funeral which a lot of people don't really know about. They are paid as well.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sobastical: 8:04am On Mar 22, 2017
DeeTus:
LOL. I already forgotten that. There are also assistant undertakers. cheesy Those who cry during funeral which a lot of people don't really know about. They are paid as well.

Hahaha, so true
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Emmanuelson(m): 8:32am On Mar 22, 2017
biikeys:

Few months ago..lol..Don't worry, you case is not even close to a table. But since your mum is a permanent resident (guessing based on what you wrote), you would have to show really good home ties. You have a good job? Good grades? Applying to schools in the same state alone is a flag as well

Thanks man will start looking for schools in others state..I don't mind if you can help me with schools in other states that offer Msc computer science...thanks once again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cmbagwu(m): 8:57am On Mar 22, 2017
Thank you Oluphy. I really appreciate.

oluphy:
you have nothing to fear. Just prepare your case well that's all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by titoakala: 9:09am On Mar 22, 2017
hi got ur mail but couldnt view the content.. u can reach me on titoakalas@gmail.com
Austerheights
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by oloriStella: 9:52am On Mar 22, 2017
Have it penned for my Falls 2018, can i be of any help or you got some info for me please? Will somuch appreciate. Stella4esohe@yahoo.com Standing by to hearing from you.
ChiomaL0ngLEGZ:
Anyone coming to LSU this year in fall then contact me abeg.Its dry out here! sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 22, 2017
hello, all
please I would love to ask,how old do you think your WAEC result can be to apply for an undergraduate program in the US. can someone with a 5yr old result apply and what do you think the VO would reason
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 1:23pm On Mar 22, 2017
snoopylinus:
hello, all
please I would love to ask,how old do you think your WAEC result can be to apply for an undergraduate program in the US. can someone with a 5yr old result apply and what do you think the VO would reason
You can apply with that waec result. You will only need to convincingly tell the VO what you have been doing since 5 years.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by emmanuel04: 1:57pm On Mar 22, 2017
So happy to be part of this forum. Very informative..... Can someone give a comment about commonapp.org coz I intend using them my schools selection
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by pcbo: 1:58pm On Mar 22, 2017
slimmy2005:
are we talking about the need for evaluations or the means? In as much as your grades are not from US or Canada, you sure need an evaluation. But most schools do evaluate themselves with no fee attached. Well, it's clear when you can equate the level of education with the response.

You are still a high school graduate, so I'm not surprised at your response. You will understand better when you land here, that is if Trumps VO are meeciful enough to act right

When I applied to University of Michigan,they asked for confirmation of results from Waec directly,I guess evaluations was done in house .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by pcbo: 2:44pm On Mar 22, 2017
emmanuel04:
So happy to be part of this forum. Very informative..... Can someone give a comment about commonapp.org coz I intend using them my schools selection
I recently used it for transfer admissions to Umich ,Cornell and Johns Hopkins.It helps you to apply to many schools within one portal but be prepared to write much personal essays .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sputos(m): 4:58pm On Mar 22, 2017
Is there anyone that wants to pay sevis fee. I am in the US and i need some naira at home. Kindly contact me via mail. You can look thru my previous posts on this page...i am not fraud...Lol

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by kallowdean(m): 6:05pm On Mar 22, 2017
OK ooo

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sputos(m): 6:19pm On Mar 22, 2017
Cool, but better than travelling to Cotonou and spending so much. We could talk on ur rates, lets see

kallowdean:

We have Contacted so many in the past and am so afraid that those abroad and even like Aboki in Camo, there rate is scary & alarming!!!
Am sure many prospective applicants like me understand this plight.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by toluene1234: 7:01pm On Mar 22, 2017
@Lagosismyhome, wallspring and others, please what could be my cgpa equivalent of 2.97 of 5.0 to American cgpa of 4.0?
Your urgent feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by emmanuel04: 7:07pm On Mar 22, 2017
Thanks for that. I know about the essay writing too but not applicable to all schools

I recently used it for transfer admissions to Umich ,Cornell and Johns Hopkins.It helps you to apply to many schools within one portal but be prepared to write much personal essays .[/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:37pm On Mar 22, 2017
toluene1234:
@Lagosismyhome, wallspring and others, please what could be my cgpa equivalent of 2.97 of 5.0 to American cgpa of 4.0?

Thanks

Cc bigfrancis21
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by bigfrancis21: 8:21pm On Mar 22, 2017
toluene1234:

Thanks

LagosismyHome:

Cc bigfrancis21

2.97/5.00 will nearly hit 3.0/4.0. Most likely around 2.99/4.00. Because the 4 point and 5 point scales converge at exactly 3.0 over both scales. That is, someone with 3.0/5.0 will also have 3.0/4.0. Yours is 2.97/5.00, that is most likely to be anywhere between 2.98 to 3.0 over 4 points. But you'll be most sure if you convert it yourself.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by revenant: 8:27pm On Mar 22, 2017
kallowdean:

We have Contacted so many in the past and am so afraid that those abroad and even like Aboki in Camo, there rate is scary & alarming!!!
Am sure many prospective applicants like me understand this plight.

Yes oh I contacted one back in February to assist with WES payment, he told me 500/$, I was like is that your last price, He never responded back to me, it was strange though. I later got a friend I didn't want to involve with to do it for me at 475.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Vwederian(m): 8:43pm On Mar 22, 2017
Good evening nairalanders, I nid help.
I was given admission by Southern Illinois University Edwardsville to study Environmental Science in spring 2018. GRE and TOEFL were waived for me. They are yet to approve my funding. Speaking with the director of the program, he told me a GRE score of >300 or a GPA of above 3.75 on a scale of 4 will b suitable to get d assistantship. What is d equivalent of my 4.02/5 GPA on 4 scale. Will nt having GRE reduce my chances of getting a visa? Can I prepare and write GRE in 3months n get a score higher than 300? Or there r other funding opportunities in the USA that don't require GRE scores?
@Lagosismyhome and odas. Pls I need your inputs.
God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 8:54pm On Mar 22, 2017
475? I tot rate is falling.
Black market rate today is 400/$
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by toluene1234: 9:27pm On Mar 22, 2017
bigfrancis21:

2.97/5.00 will nearly hit 3.0/4.0. Most likely around 2.99/4.00. Because the 4 point and 5 point scales converge at exactly 3.0 over both scales. That is, someone with 3.0/5.0 will also have 3.0/4.0. Yours is 2.97/5.00, that is most likely to be anywhere between 2.98 to 3.0 over 4 points. But you'll be most sure if you convert it yourself.

Thanks Lagosismyhome and Bigfrancis21. You are the best. I really appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:33pm On Mar 22, 2017
Vwederian:
I was given admission by Southern Illinois University Edwardsville to study Environmental Science in spring 2018. GRE and TOEFL were waived for me. They are yet to approve my funding. Speaking with the director of the program, he told me a GRE score of >300 or a GPA of above 3.75 on a scale of 4 will b suitable to get d assistantship. What is d equivalent of my 4.02/5 GPA on 4 scale. Will nt having GRE reduce my chances of getting a visa? Can I prepare and write GRE in 3months n get a score higher than 300 ? Or there r other funding opportunities in the USA that don't require GRE scores?
God bless

Some of these questions only you can answer this ...at the bold you best know your strength. Go online and look at materials and then u determine if 3 months is enough. There is a separate thread for GRE. You can join that .

I am not sure what 4.02 will result to but check online WES calculation and if it is not then yes having a high GRE might increase your chances of funding
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by happyroyalty: 9:38pm On Mar 22, 2017
chimsimdindu:
WES will evaluate only WAEC from Nigeria

Please i sent you a mail.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by chimsimdindu: 10:58pm On Mar 22, 2017
happyroyalty:

Please i sent you a mail.
Ok
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 11:13pm On Mar 22, 2017
emmanuel04:

Common application is as good as applying directly to the schools that use it. If I'm to pick, I would go with common app for its simplicity.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Time2Smile(m): 11:26pm On Mar 22, 2017
Vwederian:
I was given admission by Southern Illinois University Edwardsville to study Environmental Science in spring 2018. GRE and TOEFL were waived for me. They are yet to approve my funding. Speaking with the director of the program, he told me a GRE score of >300 or a GPA of above 3.75 on a scale of 4 will b suitable to get d assistantship. What is d equivalent of my 4.02/5 GPA on 4 scale. Will nt having GRE reduce my chances of getting a visa? Can I prepare and write GRE in 3months n get a score higher than 300? Or there r other funding opportunities in the USA that don't require GRE scores?
God bless
I would really advise you to write the GRE, not only for because of this school but it can open other opportunities for you for spring and even fall, 2018 admission. You will also need it if you want to proceed for PhD.

Yes 3 months is enough to prepare and get a good score. Check out the thread https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre and this study guide https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-ii97JplpxMTVhRZGplOEhPaVE/view?usp=sharing
Your GPA falls within 3.4 to 3.5on a 4 scale, you can't change that but you can ace the GRE to make yourself competitive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by bigfrancis21: 11:37pm On Mar 22, 2017
Vwederian:
God bless

4.02/5.0 will be around 3.45/4.00 after conversion, using WES conversion standards. Normally, admission from top US schools (like Harvard, Yale, UMD, etc.) are almost 100% sure tickets to getting your visa at the embassy, even without GRE. However, with average schools like the one you got admission from, you need to write the GRE to boost your chances of getting the visa, not just getting the visa but getting it once at first attempt. 3 months is just enough time to take the GRE and score at least 310 to 315. The more time spent studying for the GRE the higher your score. GRE, though SS3 level math and english, has its own tricks and you need time to study for it and understand its tricks. Also, your GRE score could help you get funding before or after you arrive the US, you never might know. So study hard for it, take it and do your best. Nothing comes easy in life.

There are other types of GA such as administrative GA (non-academic type) and for such ones you do not need GRE to get them, just related work experience and maybe the right network. If you do not get a GA before arriving, some people do get GAs after arriving in the US just before school starts but they often have to come in early to run around campus for the GA search.

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.