Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (696640 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by mjksho(m): 4:31pm On Jun 16, 2017
happyday:

Yipeee! Congrats man!! God bless your new journey.

Thank you so much man.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Timi1990(m): 4:52pm On Jun 16, 2017
patovicy2k:
Hello Sir/Madam,

I need to make a part payment of a school fee.
I need someone to help me out with the payment.
The school is Concordia University, Wiscosin, and the amount I want to pay is $250.

It's very urgent. I need a response as soon as possible.
Thanks.

what mode of payment does the school accept ? I can help you pay in dollars, I need naira . You can send me a message on WhatsApp .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by patovicy2k(m): 5:15pm On Jun 16, 2017
THEY WHAT IT IN DOLLARS AS WELL THROUGH CREDIT CARD
Timi1990:

what mode of payment does the school accept ? I can help you pay in dollars, I need naira . You can send me a message on WhatsApp .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 16, 2017
joeluv:
Sorry about the delay. Nothing to be ashamed about. We all make mistakes. You should have resechelduled the appointment and requested for a new 1-20. Anyway u still have time. Request for a new 1-20 and schedule another interview. All the best.

Thanks bro. The school replied my mail that they have stopped issuing 1-20, unless I want to defer till spring next yr
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by folmus: 5:27pm On Jun 16, 2017
saninwa:
Hello good day all!
Please what documents are required for port of Entry via JFK airport New York.
I keep hearing things like Yellow card and Immunization card, how do I get all these cards ?
Is it compulsory to have some dollars, and if necessary, like how much is okay for a student?

God bless you all

If you are going with Ethiopia Airline, you may be required to provide the Yellow Card. Go to the Toll gate at the MMIA, the health center there will give you with may be 1k or 2k.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by mjksho(m): 5:29pm On Jun 16, 2017
To follow the tradition of this great section on Nairaland, I will share my transcript with the hope that this might help someone someday.

Here we go, I arrived Walter Carrington at 5:50am as I have booked for the 6:30 window. With what I have heard from previous transcripts as per 'shunting' the queue, I just quickly used style to get to the front of the people gathered there since they have not lined up.

6:30 came and I was number 10 on the queue. No wahala. Prechecks done and I'm still number 10 on the line to see VO.

My time came and I was made to stand at Window 5, the second person to be interviewed by the very young and beautiful VO. She denied the first person after like 7 minutes. The Asian guy had denied 2 already and was drilling the 3rd guy. I was not even bothered. I kept looking at my Oxblood brogues and Pepper red trousers with one hand inside my suit jacket, forming lady killer. My time came eventually.

VO: Good morning
Me: (with the most sincere smile in the world as VO na fine white lady) Good morning, how are you doing?

VO: (She smiles back and my heart skipped a beat) Pass me your passport, Sevis receipt and I-20.
VO: What school are you going to?
Me: Tennessee Tech, Cookeville

VO: Where did you do your undergraduate
Me: OAU

VO: When?
Me: mentioned it

VO: What course did you study?
Me: Chemical Engineering

VO: What degree are you getting?
Me: Masters in Chemical engineering with a focus on renewable energy.

VO: Did you do any exams?
Yes: GRE and IELTS.

VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: Five

VO: what are your scores?
Me: told her.

VO: What will this degree do for you?
Me: (Took a deep breath because I was ready to download ) First of all, a masters degree in Chemical engineering is a requirement to take up a lecturing job at OAU where I intend to lecture upon graduation. (VO nods in agreement). Secondly, a masters degree in this school will expose me to research on Microbial Fuel Cell technology which is far better than Biomass Gasification which is what is the case where I currently work. Fuel cells are cleaner, bla bla bla.

VO: Where do you work?
Me: mentioned it. A renewable energy firm.

VO: What are your duties?
Me: ( something wey I put for my DS-160 by myself) I monitor key indicators like BOD, greenhouse gases, etc. I write technical report on this and that. I also conduct EIA on New projects.

VO pauses to ask colleague something. I don't know if it's about my case. But me no care, I didn't stop looking at her any point so she go know say I dey her case. She comes back after a minute.

VO: who is sponsoring you?
Me: my dad

VO: what does he do?
Me: mentioned it.

VO: Do you have a relative in the US?
Me: No.

VO: I'll be... (I couldnt hear anything)...3 days.

She brought out white paper from a pile nearby. I just smiled at her and left.

My advice:

1. Don't rush to answer questions. Calm down. When you are calm, you will be able to articulate your thoughts. Even though I'm naturally articulate, I took short pauses before answering. The interview is not as bad as many have painted it to be.

2. All these USnews and google stuff don cast. The chinese guy drilled someone on this. I think saying you found your schools in some professional journal is way better.

3. If your school fee is very high and the school is not Ivy League level, be prepared to defend it especially if you have no scholarship. Chinese guy also drilled someone on it. The guy was clueless.

4. Don't pay attention to people being denied when you enter that room. Face your front. You know why you are there.

5. Don't cram your answers. You may forget. Rehearsing your answers is what helps.

6. Believe in something. I believe in God, prayer, and preparation. I fasted and prayed for grace because I don't want shocking questions. Believing in God helped me to stay confident even though I was prepared.

7. Refer somebody here. I probably wouldn't have known how best to answer some questions if I had not found this room. I have read over 40 transcripts here.
God bless all of you here.

Congratulations to you, I hope you will find my transcript useful for you. Your success is around the corner. Cheers.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by samieola: 5:47pm On Jun 16, 2017
anyone going to CSUEASTBAY for fall?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Timi1990(m): 5:50pm On Jun 16, 2017
patovicy2k:
THEY WHAT IT IN DOLLARS AS WELL THROUGH CREDIT CARD

Ok. Have replied your email already. Buzz me on WhatsApp with your full details
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 6:00pm On Jun 16, 2017
Wisely007:
Abeg who do passport recently for Lagos, I beg give me procedure because I be novice for this passport matter and I no want make them job me, your contribution will do a lot please help a brother make I fit go run the passport make I get set for fall18

PS- I need info on
1: require documents
2: amount
3: duration and the general process

Cc walspring
Oludare01
Lagosismyhome
MsNas
Texrem
Femi321
Electronic
In fact all nairalander grin

I knew of someone who did it in Ikeja last week Wednesday and got it this week Tuesday but she paid 30k since paper scarce.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 6:00pm On Jun 16, 2017
Hushee:

Oga Wale, please allow him if thats what he feels like doing. At least that would allow him spread his risk and give him more funding chances.
@thibcyrain, try to look for schools that accept unofficial transcript and apply to them.

Alright and roger that...

1 Like

Ardedaryor:

Link to delayed visa transcript

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nq0ft9sr52twe7/DELAYED_VISAS_PART_7.pdf?dl=0

Mind you shocked : Thanks to Walspring and icool

Let's give all the thanks to God

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 6:01pm On Jun 16, 2017
phdmscbsc:
thank you for bringing this to my notice, i am sincerely greatful.

Walspring et al, i acknowledge and appreciate your great effort.

indeed,this is right place to be

To God be the glory
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 6:01pm On Jun 16, 2017
LagosismyHome:

I am very bad with pm.....fear dey catch me to check that email self . The pm is too much

When people see u comment here they forget u too get life outside NL.... demanding job , pickins, hubby, house to run... so sorry if i dont get to pm on time. Will try

are you serious about the bold
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 6:02pm On Jun 16, 2017
anodebeanthony:
URGENT

My school wants to send my i20 and for them to my i20; they need Affidavit of support/Scholarship letter. Now they sent the Affidavit form for my sponsor to fill, in the form there a place they said "The University requires that this document be notarized (Affidavit form). Faxes of this document will be accepted."

Please, I need help how do I go about this Affidavit of support, I was hoping they will request bank statement, but they didn't, they asked for the affidavit of support.

You can get this done at any federal high court around and it should be less than 1k
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:39pm On Jun 16, 2017
Walspring:

are you serious about the bold

Shuoo u dont want me to be serious

Guess that a hint that i spend way too much time on NL grin for someone with all of the above
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by towbaynah(m): 6:41pm On Jun 16, 2017
mjksho:
To follow the tradition of this great section on Nairaland, I will share my transcript with the hope that this might help someone someday.

Here we go, I arrived Walter Carrington at 5:50am as I have booked for the 6:30 window. With what I have heard from previous transcripts as per 'shunting' the queue, I just quickly used style to get to the front of the people gathered there since they have not lined up.

6:30 came and I was number 10 on the queue. No wahala. Prechecks done and I'm still number 10 on the line to see VO.

My time came and I was made to stand at Window 5, the second person to be interviewed by the very young and beautiful VO. She denied the first person after like 7 minutes. The Asian guy had denied 2 already and was drilling the 3rd guy. I was not even bothered. I kept looking at my Oxblood brogues and Pepper red trousers with one hand inside my suit jacket, forming lady killer. My time came eventually.

Me: (with the most sincere smile in the world as VO na fine white lady) Good morning, how are you doing?

VO: (She smiles back and my heart skipped a beat) Pass me your passport, Sevis receipt and I-20.

Me: (Took a deep breath because I was ready to download ) First of all, a masters degree in Chemical engineering is a requirement to take up a lecturing job at OAU where I intend to lecture upon graduation. (VO nods in agreement). Secondly, a masters degree in this school will expose me to research on Microbial Fuel Cell technology which is far better than Biomass Gasification which is what is the case where I currently work. Fuel cells are cleaner, bla bla bla.

Me: ( something wey I put for my DS-160 by myself) I monitor key indicators like BOD, greenhouse gases, etc. I write technical report on this and that. I also conduct EIA on New projects.

VO pauses to ask colleague something. I don't know if it's about my case. But me no care, I didn't stop looking at her any point so she go know say I dey her case. She comes back after a minute.

My advice:

1. Don't rush to answer questions. Calm down. When you are calm, you will be able to articulate your thoughts. Even though I'm naturally articulate, I took short pauses before answering. The interview is not as bad as many have painted it to be.

2. All these USnews and google stuff don cast. The chinese guy drilled someone on this. I think saying you found your schools in some professional journal is way better.

3. If your school fee is very high and the school is not Ivy League level, be prepared to defend it especially if you have no scholarship. Chinese guy also drilled someone on it. The guy was clueless.

4. Don't pay attention to people being denied when you enter that room. Face your front. You know why you are there.

5. Don't cram your answers. You may forget. Rehearsing your answers is what helps.

6. Believe in something. I believe in God, prayer, and preparation. I fasted and prayed for grace because I don't want shocking questions. Believing in God helped me to stay confident even though I was prepared.

7. Refer somebody here. I probably wouldn't have known how best to answer some questions if I had not found this room. I have read over 40 transcripts here.

Congratulations to you, I hope you will find my transcript useful for you. Your success is around the corner. Cheers.

Top guy! Congrats, bro. And thanks for the tips.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by mjksho(m): 6:42pm On Jun 16, 2017
mjksho:
Let me book a space here for when I tell my success story this Fall. grin
Looking forward to plenty funding this year. smiley

Throwback to when this part was started. Dreams do come true. Waiting for God to complete what he has started.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by mjksho(m): 6:43pm On Jun 16, 2017
towbaynah:

Top guy! Congrats, bro. And thanks for the tips.

You are welcome sir. The pleasure is all mine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Shoaze: 7:10pm On Jun 16, 2017
Please what is IVY League

mjksho:

My advice:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 16, 2017
saninwa:

Approximately 2 months. You have to be in contact with them to speed it up
Whoa!! 2 months? That's a long time. It is well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by emmy994: 7:27pm On Jun 16, 2017
Congrats bro.
mjksho:

You are welcome sir. The pleasure is all mine.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Wisely007: 7:50pm On Jun 16, 2017
Walspring:

I knew of someone who did it in Ikeja last week Wednesday and got it this week Tuesday but she paid 30k since paper scarce.

Sir I beg link me up i no want make someone job me, grant me the permission to pm you thanks in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 7:52pm On Jun 16, 2017
LagosismyHome:

I am very bad with pm.....fear dey catch me to check that email self . The pm is too much

When people see u comment here they forget u too get life outside NL.... demanding job, pickins, hubby, house to run... so sorry if i dont get to pm on time. Will try
Ahhh....Lagosismyhome have become mummy things.... grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by log1(m): 8:02pm On Jun 16, 2017
Shoaze:

Rather than waiting endlessly for an answer that can easily be found by a simple online search, kindly desist from this bro.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Joan011: 8:03pm On Jun 16, 2017
Shoaze:

Ivy League is a collegiate athletic conference comprising sports team from eight private unis in Northeastern u.s. The conference name is also commonly used to refer to those eight as a group beyond the sport context. The eight schools include Brown uni, Columbia uni, Cornell uni, Dartmouth college, Harvard uni, Princeton uni, Yale uni and Uni of Pennysylvania. The term Ivy League has connotations of academic excellence, selectivity in admissions and social elitism.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Shoaze: 8:08pm On Jun 16, 2017
Joan011:
Ivy League is a collegiate athletic conference comprising sports team from eight private unis in Northeastern u.s. The conference name is also commonly used to refer to those eight as a group beyond the sport context. The eight schools include Brown uni, Columbia uni, Cornell uni, Dartmouth college, Harvard uni, Princeton uni, Yale uni and Uni of Pennysylvania. The term Ivy League has connotations of academic excellence, selectivity in admissions and social elitism.

Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by djmakson(m): 8:49pm On Jun 16, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Smh.

MsNas:

Ehen. Good evening sir. Invite us when you graduate ooo. So that we can come and eat. Tenk You. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by mjksho(m): 9:17pm On Jun 16, 2017
Shoaze:

Ivy League schools are schools like Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Columbia, etc. They are top schools in the US.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by donanod(m): 9:18pm On Jun 16, 2017
ecoleco:
Hello All,

I compiled all the Visa Transcript on this Part 11 up to this point (pages 0 - 331) to help me prepare for visa appointment.

Thought I should share with anybody that cares.

It's down below:

[url]https://www.dropbox.com/s/dawoicv7y9cofif/COMPILED%20VISA%20TRANSCRIPT%20Part%2011%20-%20Up%20to%20Pg%20331.docx?dl=0[/url]

Cheers.

Great work!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Johnolukolade(m): 9:46pm On Jun 16, 2017
Hello buddies, I wanna make an inquiry bout the SEVIS fee. Do I need to pay the fee before I can get my I-20?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 10:30pm On Jun 16, 2017
Johnolukolade:
Hello buddies, I wanna make an inquiry bout the SEVIS fee. Do I need to pay the fee before I can get my I-20?
Nope
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by happney65: 11:01pm On Jun 16, 2017
Walspring:

Paper scarce?Paper dey my house for Apete naa... grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.