Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,607 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

How Can I Start A Blog - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can I Start A Blog (4861 Views)

Please How Can I Start A Blog Site? / How Do I Start A Blogging Site / Total Cost In Creating A Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Start A Blog by Jose213(m): 12:29pm On Jan 26, 2017
upuphim:
@Jose213. What is added to make one start earning from the blog because I only knew about adsense account that goes with per click.

There are 2 Types of Blogging Income:

1.Low Maintenance Passive Income –

This is really the most ideal type of income because it can provide you and your family with freedom. This is most often recurring passive income streams that you can enjoy. This type of money happens without your personal involvement. It is scale-able.

Meaning that you can earn money without exchanging time for money in the moment. Some examples would include Google Adsense (or any paid for clicks campaign), membership sites, selling advertisement space, affiliate marketing sales, and even ebook sales.

If you can get paid for something while you are sleeping and it does not require you to exchange future time for money, then you have a low maintenance passive income stream.

The individual transactions are smaller but they happen more often and don’t require your time. Every morning when I wake up I can log into my Google Adsense account and see that I made money while I was sleeping.

2. Personal Involvement High Income –

The idea with this strategy is that if something involves your personal time, it should cost more. After all, your time should be valuable to you, right?
If you offer personal consulting for your niche you should charge what your personal time is worth to you. It also matters the type of reach that you are able to get as well.

For example, you do not have to charge as much for a webinar with 100 participants as you might with a personal consultation. You would charge even more for live speaking events as well.

The ideal strategy would be to set up low maintenance passive income streams that meet your household budget, so that you can spend your time in higher income events that require personal involvement.
Each have their benefits.
Passive income streams allow you to enjoy the freedom to use your time how you choose. Personal involvement income ideas allow you to interact with others and make a difference in other people.
Re: How Can I Start A Blog by stancod(m): 4:04pm On Jan 26, 2017
gadgetsngs:
Jump into all that without chosing a Niche , or you assumed He got one already? I represent http://www.gadgetsng.com/ , i can assist in real live if you need my assistance
Bros please I need ur assistance. How can we meet thanks
Re: How Can I Start A Blog by buchibrand(m): 6:39pm On Jan 26, 2017
holuwanoisy111:
Pls Guys Help How Can I Start A Blog, I Need Your Opinion.
I can create one free for you, just visit this thread for more www.nairaland.com/3594661/free-blogger-blog-premium-template
Re: How Can I Start A Blog by Effizy12(m): 10:45am On Jan 29, 2017
adekalumichael:
Blogging is no doubt a profitable habit if rightly done. Meanwhile, many factors could contribute to the success of being a successful blogger, by this I don't mean earning billions but you would be a first choice people want to read about.

No doubt about the steps already explained above, which are

1) Bogging platform;
2) Domain name;
3) Host the blog;
4) run and install plugins for your blog
5) Design with a good layout.

As simple as these steps are, there is more to each. As a starter, I will advise you begin with a free platform such as wordpress, blogger, tumblr etc. This will not make you spend unnecessary and it would make you to perfect some mistakes you may encounter in the journey of blogging.

I started blogging not quite long even though I had opened a free blog for years before taking it up seriously. During my trial times, I learned from people who run authority sites like Jon Haver@AuthorityWebsiteIncome.com, Karan Singh@BloggingWays.net, Hayden@NoHatSeo.com, Steve Rendell@Textfly.com and alot. But make sure you have some in your niche(that is your chosen area of interest).

While you do this, don't let earning be your top priority for now. It will come as a reward for smart labour you engage in with time.

Feel free to check youtubes for videos, and always google it!google it! google it!

No long from now, you will smile.

Please can you be of help? Let me have your whatsapp number. Thanks
Re: How Can I Start A Blog by techrom(m): 12:02am On Jan 30, 2017
What that mother fucking question for.
Re: How Can I Start A Blog by Nobody: 12:30am On Jan 30, 2017
Cedarhostng is your gateway to reliable hosting giving our esteemed client great value at all times. Get your website Hosted by us today!

*Quality Website Hosting. 7GB Space + Unlimited Bandwidth + Free .com.ng @ N4700/yr. Instant Activation

*Quality Website Hosting. 7GB Space + Unlimited Bandwidth + Free .com @ N6500/yr. Instant Activation
Visit www.cedarhostng.com
Re: How Can I Start A Blog by stancod(m): 1:24pm On Feb 06, 2017
webincomeplus:

Start by asking yourself what you have to offer. Is it your knowledge or experience in a line of business that many people are willing to learn? Is it your zeal for researching interesting information and sharing with others? Is it your interest on a topic that you think many other people are always interested in?

By answering the above question, you'd be able to decide what niche or subject you want to blog about. Whatever your choice is, be sure that it's a topic that many people are interested in. Also decide whether you want a blog that is catered to only Nigerians or to a global audience.

Your next step is to set up your blog, preferably on WordPress -- for too many reasons than I can list out here.

Then conduct some keyword research to figure out the exact kind of information in your niche that people are looking for. This will help you to attract a huge audience quickly enough. But if you're going into news (entertainment news, sports news, etc.), this might not be necessary.

Start publishing posts on your blog.

Then start working your tail off to get traffic from any means -- sensible means, I mean. You can tap traffic from other blogs, social media, Whatsapp, and online forums like Nairaland. I would've loved to go into the technical details of how to get traffic from these platforms, but I don't have the time right now.

Arrange a way to turn your first-time visitors into repeat visitors by creating a mailing list or any other avenue through which they can get updates each time you publish new stuff on your blog. There are no rules regarding this. You can use a Facebook group, Whatsapp group, Twitter, BBM Channel, a custom Android app, and the default subscription module that comes with the WordPress Jetpack plugin.

Never stop reading authority blogs about blogging to learn more about the art as well as strategies for growing your blog over time. Also, don't underestimate the power of connecting with other bloggers.

When your audience grows to a decent size, start considering monetization: Adsense, affiliate marketing, creating and selling your own products, offering freelance services, etc.

This post isn't meant to be a complete guide on blogging, so I didn't go into the technical details of each step. To learn more about each step, simple put the relevant query in Google, and you'd get more results than you need.

I hope this help.
thanks it really help. but I will need someone to guide me as I put to practice. pls can u help

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Change Background Of A Video In Android Using Kinemaster / Nairaland CEO Seun Osewa Picture / We design website/blogs - Any website/blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.