Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Muslim Yoruba, Ambode, Marks Ladipo Market For Demolition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslim Yoruba, Ambode, Marks Ladipo Market For Demolition (1617 Views)

Zuma’s Resignation: Okorocha Reacts To Calls For Demolition Of Statute / Dino Melaye's Constituency Office Marked For Demolition By Yahaya Bello / Senator Yayi's House Marked For Demolition. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Yoruba, Ambode, Marks Ladipo Market For Demolition by BabaRamota1980: 2:40am On Jan 23, 2017
Barely a week after a surprise visit by the Lagos state governor, Akinwumi Ambode, to the popular Ladipo auto spare market, the Lagos state government has given the traders in the market a two-week notice ahead of the demolition of the market.
The visit by the governor had earlier calmed the nerves of the traders who had been gripped with fear after the Lagos state government, in 2015, announced plans to demolish a number of markets, as well as rebuild some to make Lagos, the economic capital of Nigeria, organised and beautiful.
The popular Ladipo market is not only known in Nigeria, but also patronised by nationals from neighbouring West African states of Benin and Chad. It is by far one of the most popular auto markets. Nevertheless, as much as it is popular for its auto wares, it is as much popular among Lagosian for its terrible odour. The market was once closed in 2015 by the Lagos state government due to the poor hygiene of the traders, which had polluted the environment. The market was later reopened after well meaning Nigerians intervened to secure promises of improved hygiene from the traders upon reopening. However, it took just a couple of weeks for the traders to return to their old ways of dumping refuse on waterways.
The proposed demolition, which is not a move by the Lagos state government to punish the marketers for their poor hygiene, is not only welcome but had tarried for long. As a reason, the government said the demolition of a part of the market would create room for the construction of a car park which will further ease movement within the market. The construction of the car park, as well as the renovation of two major roads within the park, will decongest the ever-busy Mushin road. At the end of the reconstruction of the soon-to-be demolished part of the market, the Ladipo market will in every sense be international.
The proposed demolition of the market will be the second major market demolished in 2017 after the popular Oshodi cotton market was demolished earlier in the year as part of the development and urbanisation plan of the Lagos state government. This will also not be the first time the market will be facing demolition. About 70 shops were demolished by the Lagos state in 2013 after marketers reportedly contravened environmental laws. Also in 2015, about 100 shops were said to have been demolished on the order of the chairman of the Mushin Local council.
However, as much as the demolition will serve a good purpose on the long run, the two-week notice of eviction appears to be too short, especially for the traders that have little or no other option, in the absence of a makeshift structure by the Lagos state government. The government should at least give a month for traders to get themselves a play where they can continue fetching their means of, livelihood while the market is being rebuilt and retouched

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Yoruba, Ambode, Marks Ladipo Market For Demolition by jeffizy(m): 2:47am On Jan 23, 2017
The headline, not the news, is what gives me concern.
What is the relevance or otherwise of your topic...... Muslim Yoruba, Ambode?
Inciting don't you think?

9 Likes

Re: Muslim Yoruba, Ambode, Marks Ladipo Market For Demolition by softmind24: 2:53am On Jan 23, 2017
jeffizy:
the op smoke the bad odour from the market

Useless set of people

9 Likes

Re: Muslim Yoruba, Ambode, Marks Ladipo Market For Demolition by FastShipping: 3:43am On Jan 23, 2017
Silly hopeless op with his religious bigotry. When did Ambode become a Muslim? It's now common for you bigots to tag any Yoruba you disagree with as "Yoruba Muslim".

Too many nonentities on the loose.

11 Likes

Re: Muslim Yoruba, Ambode, Marks Ladipo Market For Demolition by HtwoOw: 4:03am On Jan 23, 2017
Good eyes , That's what they do , i expect some other ediots to come and start saying Yeebows are being targeted

Do you know that if you type Flat head as a single word it changes to Igbo ? BUT Type Afonja all you want it won't change , apparently because someone somewhere is giving ................................You know what i mean

Anyways , let the day break and see what their fellow nonentities will come and write about Ambode and APC

By the way , no source could be an old news for all we know

jeffizy:

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Yoruba, Ambode, Marks Ladipo Market For Demolition by Nobody: 4:27am On Jan 23, 2017
FastShipping:
Silly hopeless op with his religious bigotry. When did Ambode become a Muslim? It's now common for you bigots to tag any Yoruba you disagree with as "Yoruba Muslim".

Too many nonentities on the lose.

Many of them are psychiatric patients.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Yoruba, Ambode, Marks Ladipo Market For Demolition by BabaRamota1980: 4:47am On Jan 23, 2017
jeffizy:

Inciting? Really??

I thought everything from SW is now to be tagged "muslim Yoruba"....is it not?

People are always trying to destroy us and create division in West but we always outsmart our detractors...and then you get upset and start playing either to the constitution or the tune of Nairaland rule. So you call it inciting, you wqnt me banned, dont you? So for every Ibo that has tagged SW articles or threads or labeled us "muslim Yorubas"....they need to be banned if Im banned.

Waiting for your response.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Yoruba, Ambode, Marks Ladipo Market For Demolition by BabaRamota1980: 4:50am On Jan 23, 2017
FastShipping:

Too many nonentities on the loose.

Im just playing to the gallery. I guess this one went over your head. Sorry....step aside it will soon come to you.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Yoruba, Ambode, Marks Ladipo Market For Demolition by jeffizy(m): 7:07am On Jan 23, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

Inciting? Really??

People are always trying to destroy us and create division in West but we always outsmart our detractors...and then you get upset and start playing either to the constitution or the tune of Nairaland rule. So you call it inciting, you wqnt me banned, dont you? So for every Ibo that has tagged SW articles or threads or labeled us "muslim Yorubas"....they need to be banned if Im banned.

Well, I see where you're coming from. I'm not trying to get you banned and yes, we get that a lot, but don't get down to that level too.
Stay above.
Re: Muslim Yoruba, Ambode, Marks Ladipo Market For Demolition by Olu317(m): 7:10am On Jan 23, 2017
BabaRamota1980:
Barely a week after a surprise visit by the Lagos state governor, Akinwumi Ambode, to the popular Ladipo auto spare market, the Lagos state government has given the traders in the market a two-week notice ahead of the demolition of the market.
The visit by the governor had earlier calmed the nerves of the traders who had been gripped with fear after the Lagos state government, in 2015, announced plans to demolish a number of markets, as well as rebuild some to make Lagos, the economic capital of Nigeria, organised and beautiful.
The popular Ladipo market is not only known in Nigeria, but also patronised by nationals from neighbouring West African states of Benin and Chad. It is by far one of the most popular auto markets. Nevertheless, as much as it is popular for its auto wares, it is as much popular among Lagosian for its terrible odour. The market was once closed in 2015 by the Lagos state government due to the poor hygiene of the traders, which had polluted the environment. The market was later reopened after well meaning Nigerians intervened to secure promises of improved hygiene from the traders upon reopening. However, it took just a couple of weeks for the traders to return to their old ways of dumping refuse on waterways.
The proposed demolition, which is not a move by the Lagos state government to punish the marketers for their poor hygiene, is not only welcome but had tarried for long. As a reason, the government said the demolition of a part of the market would create room for the construction of a car park which will further ease movement within the market. The construction of the car park, as well as the renovation of two major roads within the park, will decongest the ever-busy Mushin road. At the end of the reconstruction of the soon-to-be demolished part of the market, the Ladipo market will in every sense be international.
The proposed demolition of the market will be the second major market demolished in 2017 after the popular Oshodi cotton market was demolished earlier in the year as part of the development and urbanisation plan of the Lagos state government. This will also not be the first time the market will be facing demolition. About 70 shops were demolished by the Lagos state in 2013 after marketers reportedly contravened environmental laws. Also in 2015, about 100 shops were said to have been demolished on the order of the chairman of the Mushin Local council.
However, as much as the demolition will serve a good purpose on the long run, the two-week notice of eviction appears to be too short, especially for the traders that have little or no other option, in the absence of a makeshift structure by the Lagos state government. The government should at least give a month for traders to get themselves a play where they can continue fetching their means of, livelihood while the market is being rebuilt and retouched
I SEE THE SHORT NOTICE AS OVER DUE AND THE PROBLEM ASSOCIATED WITH TRADERS' EXECUTIVE ALWAYS BRIBING THE AUTHORITY TO POSTPONE THE DOOM'S DAY. IN THE INTEREST OF THE HARDWORKING TRADERS,A MAKE SHIFT STRUCTURE NEED BE PROVIDED TEMPORARILY BY THE LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT . AND I HOPE LESSONS HAVE BEEN LEARNT BY THESE TRADERS.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Yoruba, Ambode, Marks Ladipo Market For Demolition by lovat(m): 7:20am On Jan 23, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

Inciting? Really??

How old are you? Seun please look into this kind of people that promote hate here always
Re: Muslim Yoruba, Ambode, Marks Ladipo Market For Demolition by Nobody: 7:26am On Jan 23, 2017
OP...YORUBA MUSLIMS ARE COMING FOR YOUR HEAD. LOL
Re: Muslim Yoruba, Ambode, Marks Ladipo Market For Demolition by jidxin(m): 7:26am On Jan 23, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

Inciting? Really??

chai chai....cmon sense u lack...wit dz ur epistle u still dont get d gist....nawa ooo...really u shld pray say make God nack u sense...all dz ur gibberish writing no even make sense o
Re: Muslim Yoruba, Ambode, Marks Ladipo Market For Demolition by DaudaAbu(m): 7:41am On Jan 23, 2017
I thought its muslimmthat want to demolish the mkt
Re: Muslim Yoruba, Ambode, Marks Ladipo Market For Demolition by DaudaAbu(m): 7:52am On Jan 23, 2017
Clinton9000:
OP...YORUBA MUSLIMS ARE COMING FOR YOUR HEAD. LOL

Are you expecting otherwise
Re: Muslim Yoruba, Ambode, Marks Ladipo Market For Demolition by SIRmanjar(m): 8:12am On Jan 23, 2017
Wot do u guyz really gain when u instigate hate between pipul?I don't tink u ar Nigerian or
u might be Hausa fulani trying to cos wahala between we ad de ibos dis morning.
Re: Muslim Yoruba, Ambode, Marks Ladipo Market For Demolition by omofunaab(m): 8:14am On Jan 23, 2017
If this news is true then thumbs up ambode.

It's good to demolish and reconstruct.

Ladipo market is very dirty, those traders don't take care of the place

1 Like

Re: Muslim Yoruba, Ambode, Marks Ladipo Market For Demolition by KINGwax007(m): 8:19am On Jan 23, 2017
You people take the Biafrans too important. This gives me a great deal of concern. Allow him to drain in his wanton stupidity!

1 Like

Re: Muslim Yoruba, Ambode, Marks Ladipo Market For Demolition by FunkyMetahuman: 8:34am On Jan 23, 2017
Another compressed brain flat head on the lose. Someone get rope?

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Yoruba, Ambode, Marks Ladipo Market For Demolition by Godemcee(m): 9:51am On Jan 23, 2017
if this news is true kudos to ambode,for Lagos to develop we av to destroy nd rebuild.
ambode can go ahead to demolish every shop in ladipo Nd alaba market self osu people with compressed Igbo must know there place in Lagos.they av no right in Lagos if they are desperate for right they can go back to there cursed region

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Yoruba, Ambode, Marks Ladipo Market For Demolition by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 23, 2017
You don't destroy a market without at least providing a temporary alternative until your renovation is complete. I have a feeling this news is incomplete
Re: Muslim Yoruba, Ambode, Marks Ladipo Market For Demolition by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 23, 2017
Godemcee:
if this news is true kudos to ambode,for Lagos to develop we av to destroy nd rebuild.
ambode can go ahead to demolish every shop in ladipo Nd alaba market self osu people with compressed Igbo must know there place in Lagos.they av no right in Lagos if they are desperate for right they can go back to there cursed region

This are the kind of comments that incite hate on nairaland

(1) (Reply)

A Humane Proposal For Buhari: Resign - Sahara Reporters / Lessons From VP Osibanjo's Visit To The SS And SE. / Throw Back Photo Of Governor Wike And Wife In Law School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.