Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android (6130 Views)

They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic / This Guy Stole My Phone And He Is Using It..how Do I Track Him Down? / This Guy Stole My Samsung Phone And Never Knew It Backed Up All His Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by Emyo(m): 9:10am On Jan 23, 2017
please, the phone was stolen in December 6th and the dude just login into my gmail.

What other information can we get?
Who can help me out. I heard with this little information and google device manager we can get him.

IP: 197.211.56.59

Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by Jafar1: 9:21am On Jan 23, 2017
just passing
Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by jesse8048(m): 9:44am On Jan 23, 2017
Hmmmm, let me stop here and learn something. Gurus pls com oh.
Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by psucc(m): 9:57am On Jan 23, 2017
Abeg where the techs them go.
Make una come o!
Me na lesson I dey Sidon to learn.

2 Likes

Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by Odukes(m): 10:05am On Jan 23, 2017
Exactly what make was ur phone?

Where did you purchase it and how much?
Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 23, 2017
Try using the ip on an IP lookup site, you can add to this knowledge by a more distinct location(if your stolen Phone's GPS in on), the current network provider(Glo) and accessible ports.

Had it been you were running a static IP, your chances of recovering your phone wld have been high.

Try locking the phone remotely using Google Device Manager(you mush have had this app enabled before losing the phone)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by mrjojo: 10:46am On Jan 23, 2017
You can't trace any one with IP address in this part of the world,well at least not exactly. So Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 23, 2017
True to that @Guy above.

That's how f***ed up this country is. You can't fully trace anything using a designated IP address. You can try pinging it though, but the success rate is pretty low, and in most cases, it works withing a geolocation.

To whom it may concern, I can't quote, like, share or modify any post on NL after coming out of a short bot suspension.
Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by Techm8: 11:35am On Jan 23, 2017
You lost your phone in December and you still haven't changed the password to your emails?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by funlord(m): 11:39am On Jan 23, 2017
Emyo:
please, the phone was stolen in December 6th and the dude just login into my gmail.

Who can help me out. I heard with this little information and google device manager we can get him.

Shouldn't you follow this up with the police? Abi na nairalanders go help you arrest the ole?

1 Like

Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 23, 2017
How? Nigerian Police lack the resources to get any valuable info on the guy through an IP address. So No, they can't be of help.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by Ermacc: 12:42pm On Jan 23, 2017
mrjojo:
You can't trace any one with IP address in this part of the world,well at least not exactly. So Goodluck.
you can, just that it might be very expensive
Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by mrjojo: 1:38pm On Jan 23, 2017
Ermacc:
you can, just that it might be very expensive
really?? , enlighten me, you can trace mtn or is glo ip addresses to individual location, will really like to know
Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by GoodyOG: 2:13pm On Jan 23, 2017
Emyo:

you are lucky he has not log out of your phone.....
don't log in to anoda android
first download android device manager here

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/device-manager/device-manager-1-4-4-2-release/device-manager-1-4-4-android-apk-download/

Nigeria is still developing so you cannot actually track the guy with the he phone....but you can lock the phone so that he won't be able to use it.

open the app,you will sign it with your account, you will see all your device's.
choose the missing phone.
it will try to locate the location of the phone if it is on...if not it will write UNAVAILABLE

click on erase and lock...
then erase the phone and lock it....the guy won't be able to use it.

1 Like

Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by ZAWs: 2:26pm On Jan 23, 2017
What if this criminal is on NL reading all these comments? moreover your chance of getting this phone back is below 20%
just retrieve your mail and move forward.

3 Likes

Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by Lucasinho(m): 2:42pm On Jan 23, 2017
can U recall ur IMEI numbers @0p?

1 Like

Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by Opistorincos(m): 2:54pm On Jan 23, 2017
GoodyOG:

you are lucky he has not log out of your phone.....
don't log in to anoda android
first download android device manager here

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/device-manager/device-manager-1-4-4-2-release/device-manager-1-4-4-android-apk-download/

Nigeria is still developing so you cannot actually track the guy with the he phone....but you can lock the phone so that he won't be able to use it.

open the app,you will sign it with your account, you will see all your device's.
choose the missing phone.
it will try to locate the location of the phone if it is on...if not it will write UNAVAILABLE

click on erase and lock...
then erase the phone and lock it....the guy won't be able to use it.

Bro, raising his hopes is very bad, take these into consideration ;

1. If the Android manager is not enabled on his phone, he won't be able to perform any of the above tasks.

2. If it works out, it's an mtk phone and a custom rom will definitely wipe all those from it or a mere reinstallation of the stock rom.

3. I tried the Android manager lock with my own personally phone and it failed to lock my phone.

#my2cents

5 Likes

Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by GoodyOG: 3:04pm On Jan 23, 2017
Opistorincos:

Bro, raising his hopes is very bad, take these into consideration ;

1. If the Android manager is not enabled on his phone, he won't be able to perform any of the above tasks.

2. If it works out, it's an mtk phone and a custom rom will definitely wipe all those from it or a mere reinstallation of the stock rom.

3. I tried the Android manager lock with my own personally phone and it failed to lock my phone.

#my2cents

for the fact that the guy has log out of the phone,he must be a dumb guy so he won't have any knowledge about custom Roms....

I recently tried to locate my present phone with the app but it could no go through but the Ring Option worked.

1 Like

Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by Opistorincos(m): 3:08pm On Jan 23, 2017
GoodyOG:

for the fact that the guy has log out of the phone,he must be a dumb guy so he won't have any knowledge about custom Roms....

I recently tried to locate my present phone with the app but it could no go through but the Ring Option worked.

The ring option does work well, I do use it to find my phone in some cases but all other options have failed to work
Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 23, 2017
are you related to buhari because i wonder the kind of dullness that made you the target of petty thieves

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by NaWetinDey(m): 3:42pm On Jan 23, 2017
There is an issue with Nigeria IPs. We have very few. Somebody in Imo state will have an ip locating him as being in Abuja or Lagos because, maybe, that's the current limit of our gps or what. So you may not be able to get him through that means..

My advice: Sign into your mail and change details unless you have nothing there that matters. If you left the phone's location turned on, then the its location can be triangulated but you can only do that with the law enforcement agency in charge of it since you do not have the equipment for that. But, on the other hand, you may not want to go through a 200k stree because of a 100k or less phone

Bottom line: change your password and forget the phone.
That reminds me: how on earth was the thief able to open your phone and log in to your mail, do you not use password on your phone? That's an extreme mistake, not because of your family or friends seeing what you have inside, but so that you can also ensure that your online info are safe even when stolen.
Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by aminou7(m): 3:49pm On Jan 23, 2017
Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by CrEaToRmalden(m): 3:50pm On Jan 23, 2017
Jafar1:
just passing

What has your useless comment to do with this reasonable post...? sad
Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by Phunkyposh(f): 4:38pm On Jan 23, 2017
Lucasinho:
can U recall ur IMEI numbers @0p?

i have an issue like that , and i have the ImEI, what help can you offer please
Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by Jafar1: 5:00pm On Jan 23, 2017
CrEaToRmalden:

What has your useless comment to do with this reasonable post...? sad
receive sense
Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by tutaboi(m): 5:00pm On Jan 23, 2017
Next time try Mobile security

1 Like

Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by Dandsome: 5:16pm On Jan 23, 2017
Odukes:
Exactly what make was ur phone?

Where did you purchase it and how much?

How d price of phone go help catch d thief?

2 Likes

Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by investigator007: 5:57pm On Jan 23, 2017
mrjojo:

True talk, all those infos are almost useless
Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by Lucasinho(m): 6:10pm On Jan 23, 2017
Phunkyposh:

i have an issue like that , and i have the ImEI, what help can you offer please
pm me
Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by CrEaToRmalden(m): 6:43pm On Jan 23, 2017
Jafar1:

receive sense

Imp passing blame grin grin
I should be advicing you to receive sense angry
Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by Drienzia: 7:32pm On Jan 23, 2017
it is easy. use another email, send a msg to ur email address requesting for the your bank details, name, current city e.t.c that you just won the #200000 bla bla bla... if he's greedy, you'd get him...

Zanga

11 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Flash Your Dead Infinix Zero | X506 / Infinix ZERO 2 Android 5.1 Lollipop Official - Screenshots And How To Upgrade / I Just Won This Beast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.