Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,405 members, 7,819,436 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android (6129 Views)

They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic / This Guy Stole My Phone And He Is Using It..how Do I Track Him Down? / This Guy Stole My Samsung Phone And Never Knew It Backed Up All His Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 23, 2017
@OP.

You can actually catch the guy.,.. as long as he has your Gmail account and has not wiped the phone. Even if he wipes the phone you can still catch him. forget the IP Address. it changes everytime

Step 1: Use Google to locate the phone or where it was last seen
Find your device using Android Device Manager https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6160491?hl=en

This feature will use google maps to track in real-time where the phone is and also show you street level maps that you can use to isolate the area within 1km range. you will be lucky if the user is located within or near a google tagged landmark like a filling station, church, restaurant or government building

STEP 2: get your friends into the area and send them whatsapp pictures of what googlemaps is showing you so you can come at the criminal (or unfortunate victim who bought the phone) from all angles

It has worked for a friend of mine in tech.
Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by Bossman(m): 10:20pm On Jan 23, 2017
I agree. This should help you locate where the phone is being used. It may not be exact, but it should be close enough. Here in the USA it tells you up to the street/cross street level. If the phone is off, it will tell you the last time it was on and where it was last used. You also have the option to Ring, Lock, or Erase the phone from the link provided. However, as others said, it may not be worth all that wahala to go looking for the device. Just wipe/lock the thing if you can. Good luck!

LaEvilIMiss:
@OP.

You can actually catch the guy.,.. as long as he has your Gmail account and has not wiped the phone. Even if he wipes the phone you can still catch him. forget the IP Address. it changes everytime

Find your device using Android Device Manager https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6160491?hl=en

This feature will use google maps to track in real-time where the phone is and also show you street level maps that you can use to isolate the area within 1km range. you will be lucky if the user is located within or near a google tagged landmark like a filling station, church, restaurant or government building

STEP 2: get your friends into the area and send them whatsapp pictures of what googlemaps is showing you so you can come at the criminal (or unfortunate victim who bought the phone) from all angles

Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by LecciGucci: 10:37pm On Jan 23, 2017
GoodyOG:

for the fact that the guy has log out of the phone,he must be a dumb guy so he won't have any knowledge about custom Roms....

I recently tried to locate my present phone with the app but it could no go through but the Ring Option worked.

Bro sent u pm.. wana ask u somethin
Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by GoodyOG: 10:43pm On Jan 23, 2017
LecciGucci:

Bro sent u pm.. wana ask u somethin
Ok
Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by blackylola(m): 11:20pm On Jan 23, 2017
Very painful but take heart God will. Provide money 2 get a new better phone
Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by projectking68(m): 7:58am On Jan 24, 2017
tutaboi:
Next time try Mobile security
will mobile security work when the person flash the phone
Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:50am On Jan 24, 2017
Emyo:
please, the phone was stolen in December 6th and the dude just login into my gmail.

What other information can we get?
Who can help me out. I heard with this little information and google device manager we can get him.

IP: 197.211.56.59
check http://www.naijatechguy.com/2015/09/how-to-find-your-android-phone-if-it.html
Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by chiefojiji(m): 8:57am On Jan 24, 2017
report to FBI
Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by neyopumpn(m): 8:59am On Jan 24, 2017
Invest in ADRON HOMES & PROPERTIES ESTATES IN LAGOS, OGUN & ABUJA FOR GOOD ROI

LEKKI
Rehoboth estate Lekki phase I- 5M 500m2
Rehoboth estate Lekki phase II- 7M 500m2

SHIMAWA
Treasure Park &Garden Phase 1 - 5M 454m2
Treasure Park &Garden Glass House - 5M 454m2
Treasure Park &Garden Golf & Estate - 5M 648m2
Treasure Park &Garden City of David - 4M 648m2
Treasure Park &Garden Phase II Extension - 2M 648m2
Treasure Park &Garden Downtown Phase III - 1M 648m2

IKORODU
Town Park & Gardens, Imota, Ikorodu- 1.5M 648m2

ATAN-OTA
Grandview Park & Garden, Penisula & Resort, Atan-Ota - 1.5M 648m2
Grandview Park & Garden, Emirate, Atan-Ota - 1M 648m2

ABUJA
Manhattan Park & Gardens, Abuja - 1.5M 454m2

Call: NIYI on 08023000833 for site inspection and enquiry. We have ongoing promo of 20%-30% off all Plots.
Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by tutaboi(m): 9:14am On Jan 24, 2017
projectking68:
will mobile security work when the person flash the phone
yes....very well
Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by Emyo(m): 11:18am On Jan 24, 2017
LaEvilIMiss:
@OP.

here is what I got

Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by Emyo(m): 11:19am On Jan 24, 2017
He is in Abuja, kuje.

Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by Emyo(m): 11:21am On Jan 24, 2017
We getting there I guess

Re: Here Is The Information Of The Thief Who Stole My Android by mindtricks: 6:22pm On Jan 24, 2017
Lucasinho:
can U recall ur IMEI numbers @0p?

What if yes?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro Or Tecno Camon Cx / How To Flash Your Dead Infinix Zero | X506 / Infinix ZERO 2 Android 5.1 Lollipop Official - Screenshots And How To Upgrade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.