Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? (50512 Views)

Would You Give Up Social Media To Live In This Mansion? / 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos / Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 11, 2017
2great:
Ikeja is cool. Depending on your pocket, places ranging from Ikeja GRA, some estates in Allen/Opebi, Oregun -Alausa is fine. Alfred Garden estate@Olusosun is very good; Howson Right estate is also good...these Olusosun area has 18hrs minimum of electricity daily on the average. I don't live inside either of these estates but live in the neighbourhood. I can tell you the area is okay interms of power supply, security,night life, good roads and easy netwrking to other key places. Also proximity to malls, Alausa secretariat, industrial estate, computer village, exit to/fro lagos etc.

To OP:

Yes
Alfred Garden Estate meets all your criteria. I have lived in the estate before. There's 24 hours power supply. They switch between PHCN and generating set to power the whole estate. There's 24 hours standby security. Foreign expatriates and their family also live inside the estate. There's gym, swimming pool. It has all essential amenities. On Saturdays, we play football. Indians and Pakistani people play cricket. There are also other sports we play. It is a family-oriented estate. In addition to house or rental fees, you will pay management fees monthly or quarterly. The management fees are not more than 50k per month. All estate occupants have to pay. These fees are paid for Security, refuse disposal, power supply, and so on.

Alternatively, you can also look at Ikorodu (Ebute, Olu-odo and Olu-odo road estates). Stable power supply, security tight for there. Only disadvantage is, it's not close to Airport and Island but the state government is planning to construct a bridge that will link Ikorodu to Island.

Another option is Surulere.

6 Likes

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by ayindejimmy(m): 9:02am On Jun 11, 2017
Surulere is the center of Lagos, it gives you quick access to all parts of Lagos and the electricity is good. Rents are moderate too compared to Ikeja.

2 Likes

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by Firstinline(m): 9:03am On Jun 11, 2017
grin grin If I carry you to Surulere my guy....you go love Lagosioooooooooooooooo.

Surulere is actually the most centralized, easy access to everywhere, good night life, lots of fun places to visit and security is ok.

Especially around Masha. And accommodation is not too expensive.

2 Likes

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by OMOTOWO(m): 9:07am On Jun 11, 2017
agidigbin,ojodu,ogudu,secretariat,testing ground,oregun,ojota,alausa are all close to island,ikeja mall and every good place you can talk about in lagos...no just try ikorodu and iyana ipaja sides...i mean ikotun,idimu,iseri,egbe,ipaja side if you dont want.to be frustrated in life because hold up go finish you...you go think sey no be lagos u dey stay because when hold up Start ,u no go reach ordinary alausa shopping mall in fIve hours..to go island sef na gobe...no light and no good security in those places.you can also try surulere side,bariga,ojuelegba,Palm grove,fadeyi but just know you Will be residing in the headquarters of cultists and ARM robbers but they are all cool places to live in terms of nearness to faaji..

3 Likes

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by lanra(m): 9:08am On Jun 11, 2017
I will advise and choose Surulere for you....No mainland is more central like Surulere....easy access to Apapa,island,ikeja,and even if you wanna travel out of lagos...choose wisely

1 Like

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by sarahade(f): 9:09am On Jun 11, 2017
Amberon11:
Wtf people shouldn't live in ikotun.

Well people do and I like the place planning to move back.
Island is just too stupid No drainage bad roads and things are unnecessarily expensive.
I stayed in egbe and it was on point you will beg Nepa to take light you get good accommodation the road is very good security Nko on point when you pay baba olode 200 per apartment and still feel safe unlike this stupid island where you pay 5k and thieves parade your house every day.
I spend less going from mainland to island than from island to island.
Imagine going to work and you have to put your body inside dirty water.
Ikotun has many benefits abeg and you are not better than people living there.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 11, 2017
Do not accept any other place. the best place is Ajao estate...you see celebrities, make good friends and hang out with big people. nice location

#Experienced

3 Likes

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by chinwegeo(f): 9:16am On Jun 11, 2017
Have been to Lagos just twice
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by Zane2point4(m): 9:16am On Jun 11, 2017
jossy26:
depends on your pocket, cos all these places you mentioning now if they quote price for you ehn; grin

Baba, like how much can one secure a 2 bedroom flat arnd these side you mentioned?
And how is business fairing in lagos compared to other states?
Thanks.
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by NNAMDIII(m): 9:20am On Jun 11, 2017
helphelp:
Where else other than lere, using scale of preference though
Akerele,ojuelegba,shitta,masha,kilo,aguda etc I fvcking love surulere!

1 Like

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by AuroraB(f): 9:25am On Jun 11, 2017
RockHard:
Magodo
Ikeja GRA
Shonibare Estate, Maryland
Ogudu GRA
Shonibare Estate shocked E beru oloun grin
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by obonujoker(m): 9:25am On Jun 11, 2017
yom2:
are u seriouse about it? I have 3 units on ground u can reach me

Location of units
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by waledeji(m): 9:26am On Jun 11, 2017
They are already running to Afonja land they used to insult anyhow cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 11, 2017
Eleniyan15:
surulere,yaba,magodo,ajao estate, ikotun

Ikotun bawo? Of all places? Abeg...
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by Bisjosh(f): 9:28am On Jun 11, 2017
Nazeren:
I hope you're not an igbo person looking for where to settle. Please, if you're igbo, the only settling you should be doing is the one that takes you out of Lagos and back to igbo land. Yes. I know some people will be bitter and angry when they see this but that's what the truth does to you.

That said, Opebi is bae. Awuse precisely.

My thought exactly
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by RockHard: 9:34am On Jun 11, 2017
AuroraB:
Shonibare Estate shocked E beru oloun grin

Why na? cheesy Is it too expensive? You no like better thing? cheesy grin
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by IJOBA2: 9:37am On Jun 11, 2017
nifemi25:
Magodo is the right place for you.
YES MAGODO PHASE ONE OR TWO MAKE SENSE DIE

2 Likes

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by IJOBA2: 9:39am On Jun 11, 2017
markpenk:
Thank you nifemi25. Which of the Magodos? There's phase 1 & 2. I'm wary of phase 2 (Ogudu II) because it's somewhat far from "town". And phase 1 isn't exactly my preference.
TRY MAGODO PHASE ONE, UNILAG ESTATE TO BE PRECISE....HOME TO THE PROFESSORS

2 Likes

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by 900warriorz: 9:41am On Jun 11, 2017
try ketu....ikosi ketu precisely. it's central, good power supply, security sound, access to markets and good transport, good roads etc...I live there and I can tell it's a good place to stay.
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 11, 2017
Surulere -Its the centre of Lagos. it's easier to navigate other places from Surulere. especially if you like going to the Island.
so many nice areas to choose for in Surulere to fit your pocket.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by Philistine(m): 9:44am On Jun 11, 2017
waledeji:
They are already running to Afonja land they used to insult anyhow cheesy cheesy cheesy
Shut up. Lagos is not afonja land,it is a no man's land. ibadam,osogbo,ogbomosho etc is the real afonja land!

2 Likes

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by Hydriss(m): 9:44am On Jun 11, 2017
TPound:
ketu is just about right, apart from the centrality,you can get a mini flat for like 200-250k with all necessary amenities. and did I tell you ketu is getting developed,ambode's magic hand has started working wonders. try there,you won't regret.
ta4gazaya
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by dilini(m): 9:45am On Jun 11, 2017
If you can do ilasa or iyana itire it will be better. Proximity to road networks and almost a 24hrs power supply plus good houses located there with serenity and security.

Thank Me Later

1 Like

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by Eleniyan15: 9:45am On Jun 11, 2017
BandAid:

Ikotun bawo? Of all places? Abeg...

I mentioned that area because of the constant electricity
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by Grundig: 9:46am On Jun 11, 2017
I would've suggested amuwo odofin but it is not in close proximity to anything. Everything is eons away and road network is poor.

With the exception of the mall and cinema which i must say are mediocre, all you have littered in the area are bars, restaurants and mushroom guest houses/hotels whose main clientele are prostitutes and people of easy virtue.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by watchworldpro: 9:46am On Jun 11, 2017
markpenk:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm thinking of relocating to Lagos, and I'd like some valuable information. I have already narrowed down my areas of interest to just four locales:

1. Ajao Estate
2. Gbagada
3. Surulere
4. Ikeja -not OPIC/Isheri North

I chose these areas because because of their relative centrality (if we could call it that), ease of access -I can easily navigate my way to the Island, Airport etc- and the possibility of getting relatively new homes. Alternative suggestions particularly around those areas are highly welcome. Now my questions are as follows:

Which would you recommend based on the following criteria:

1. Serenity
2. Electricity/Power -looking for relatively stable power o (not 24 hours before una go yab me cheesy grin) that I can supplement with gen/inverter
3. Possibility of securing new or relatively new homes (it doesn't make sense to fork over 5 times the value of what I'm paying where I'm located now for a similar build)
4. Security
5. Accessibility - Tarred, interlocked roads or well graded roads at the very least.
6. No flooding

Also, if you could also recommend specific estates, that would be really helpful.

Please note: I'm a bachelor looking to settle down sometime soon. So, proximity to good schools and all those other family-based decisions aren't a priority right now. Also, I'm not exactly interested in moving to the island for now. I no get strength to battle flooding issues lol.

I'm hoping this thread would also be beneficial to other folks with similar interests. Thank you.

Lalasticlala mynd44 lawyer... please help a brother out. Na beg i dey beg o. I no do shakara grin
Shonibare estate , Maryland
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by IsheriNorthGRA: 9:52am On Jun 11, 2017
markpenk, why do you have problem with Isheri North?
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 11, 2017
marvin902:
please am planning to relocate to lagos @ the end of the year..
and am looking for a nice and affordable place to rent.

have narrowed my choices to ikorudu, and egbeda
just want to know wish is better
Ikorodu crime rate is high.....Pick Egbeda my brother, Even more closer to Ikeja compare to Ikorodu

2 Likes

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by Drversatile: 10:02am On Jun 11, 2017
I want price for 2bedroom /3 bedroom apartment in Ikeja, Surulere, Ajao Estate, Maryland. I want to relocate soonest. Family apartment with good school proximity. Not ready to pay 200k per term for primary school. Lekki is out

3 Likes

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by helphelp: 10:02am On Jun 11, 2017
NNAMDIII:
Akerele,ojuelegba,shitta,masha,kilo,aguda etc I fvcking love surulere!

Why did you Leave the Behind part of lere Behind . Rasaq Balogun... Curtis Adeniyi Jones, Eric Manuel, Jalupon, Bode Thomas, Babs Animashaun, Tafawa Balewa.

Every enter every sha...

Lere is a mix of every
Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by FaroukM(m): 10:04am On Jun 11, 2017
TPound:
ketu is just about right, apart from the centrality,you can get a mini flat for like 200-250k with all necessary amenities. and did I tell you ketu is getting developed,ambode's magic hand has started working wonders. try there,you won't regret
Did u say miniflat for 200-250k in ketu...please I need one..hope it is not face me I slap u converted ooo

1 Like

Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by presido997(m): 10:11am On Jun 11, 2017
come to Marine beach here in apapa very good road and better security, we are using 24hrs power supply

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Will These Home Designs Sell In Nigeria, And Where? / The World's Best Architecture And Interior Designs Of 2021 ( Pics) / AMEN ESTATE PHASE 2,WITH 3M DEPOSIT YOU OWN A PLOT,PRICE INCREASES SOON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.