Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Governments Intention To Borrow Your Pension : Shouldn't You Be Consulted? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governments Intention To Borrow Your Pension : Shouldn't You Be Consulted? (347 Views)

Femi Otedola Denies Declaring Intention To Run For Lagos Governorship Election / Fayose Officially Declares Intention To Contest For Presidential Election 2019 / "We Weren't Consulted Before CSO Expelled The PUNCH Reporter" - Femi Adesina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Governments Intention To Borrow Your Pension : Shouldn't You Be Consulted? by Built2last: 3:51pm On Jan 23, 2017
Please can someone explain to me this government's interest in borrowing from our pension? First, people pay monthly tax from their salaries and we are yet to see any infrastructure coming from it. Now the government wants to 'borrow' from our savings! Please what is going on I spent 8 years of my youthful life working in a bank before i branched out for personal enterprise. I look forward to reaching 60 years to access that cash and now government want to play tente with our money. except I don't understand the disastrous effect this will have on our pension, why are Nigerians silent Shouldn't there be public participation in this decision? Are we not entitled to know how the government intends to pay back and if our pension is the only source of financing Nigeria's infrastructure Does pension fund not belong to individuals? Do they have right to take that money? We need to know! I need to know!
Re: Governments Intention To Borrow Your Pension : Shouldn't You Be Consulted? by AuroraB(f): 4:10pm On Jan 23, 2017
I know why I can't blame peeps who ventured into MMM. So, APC's plan is to tamper with people's pension funds? I'm seeing this sail through because, their sidekicks are waiting in the wings to give them reasons to go ahead.
Re: Governments Intention To Borrow Your Pension : Shouldn't You Be Consulted? by Built2last: 4:13pm On Jan 23, 2017
AuroraB:
I know why I can't blame peeps who ventured into MMM. So, APC's plan is to tamper with people's pension funds? I'm seeing this sail through because, their sidekicks are waiting in the wings to give them reasons to go ahead.

IMF and World Bank is giving cold feet to borrowing us the proposed 30 Billion USD. They have turned their attention to our Pension to mortgage our future for infrastructure we have not seen.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Retains Its 136th Position In The 2016 Corruption- / Gov. Shettima Condoles Family Of Dalori Bombing Victim(photo) / Now That Nigeria Is Crying For Us????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.