Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Is It Right Or Wrong To Let One’s Only Son To Take Oath Of Celibacy? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right Or Wrong To Let One’s Only Son To Take Oath Of Celibacy? (849 Views)

My Aunty Gave Me Her Breast Milk To Drink: Right Or Wrong? / AT The Age Of 12 Her DAD Still Baths Her In The Bathroom. "Right Or Wrong? / Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right Or Wrong To Let One’s Only Son To Take Oath Of Celibacy? by olanajim(m): 11:44am On Nov 29, 2009
I got this from a tabloid. let hear you.

Is it right or wrong to let one’s only son to take oath of celibacy ie to become a Catholic priest? This is the question that our roving correspondent Bridget Amaraegbu seeks responses from individuals this week. While some people think priests should be allowed to marry and have children, some are of the opinion that since they are not married, they have no right to counsel married people. The question they ask is, what does an unmarried priest know about relationship, when he is not married?
What is your opinion and what would you do if your only son announces his intention to become a priest?
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Let One’s Only Son To Take Oath Of Celibacy? by agathamari(f): 7:07pm On Nov 29, 2009
as several nuns have explained to me priests, monks and nuns are said to be married to the church
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Let One’s Only Son To Take Oath Of Celibacy? by Digriz(m): 9:30pm On Nov 29, 2009
It is nt a new thing,even my cousin and d only son too is a priest and nobody regreted that.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Let One’s Only Son To Take Oath Of Celibacy? by coolier(f): 10:12pm On Nov 29, 2009
It's his life. I can't live it for him.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Let One’s Only Son To Take Oath Of Celibacy? by Fhemmmy: 1:54am On Nov 30, 2009
It is not for me to decide for my son, it is left for God and him.
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong To Let One’s Only Son To Take Oath Of Celibacy? by pek(m): 3:23pm On Nov 30, 2009
CANT AND WILL NOT! the issue of him being a first son is secondary. none of my children will be. if i was, will i have given birth to them?

(1) (Reply)

Christmas miracle: The mother and baby who BOTH died during labour... then came / Pastor W.f. Kumuyi Declear One Day Fasting And Prayer 4 Jos & Nigeria In General / People Are Funny Sha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.