Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,670 members, 7,809,537 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

I Was Once A Taxi Driver -fayemi Tells UNILAG Graduates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Once A Taxi Driver -fayemi Tells UNILAG Graduates (560 Views)

Fayemi Tells Fayose What To Do With June Allocation / Lies Won’t Save You From Defeat – Fayemi Tells Fayose / Quit Whining, No Body Owes You Anything, Fayemi Tells Nigerian Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Once A Taxi Driver -fayemi Tells UNILAG Graduates by keenlyminded: 7:01pm On Jan 23, 2017
Solid Minerals Development Minister, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, had claimed his early life wasn't as easy as he now looks, while charging on graduates to stop wailing on government and others for their life' challenges.

The former Ekiti State Governor recounted these today during the 2016 convocation lecture of the University of Lagos (UNILAG) held at the J. F. Ade Ajayi Auditorium.

He said neither government nor the citizens owe them anything, saying they must work hard to achieve success while guest-speaking for the lecture themed: “Building a successor-generation: Reflections on values and knowledge in nation building.”

He said: “Quit whining – no one owes you anything. The earlier we realise that no one owes us anything, the better for us and the more prepared we would be to face life’s challenges. Don’t think you are entitled to a job, just because of your parents’ influence or what they have or your good grades. The only guarantee you have in this life is what you do for yourself with the grace God has bestowed on us all.

“You have to be prepared to bend backwards and do what you might consider to be beneath you, because of the bigger picture. As a UNILAG graduate and a postgraduate student at the United Kingdom, I have also driven taxis and worked as a security guard, amongst several other menial jobs I did in the past to survive.”

More: http://informant.ng/featured/taxi-driver-fayemi-tells-unilag-graduates/
Re: I Was Once A Taxi Driver -fayemi Tells UNILAG Graduates by lovat(m): 7:14pm On Jan 23, 2017
Now you sleep in a 25million naira bed.

This is miracle
Re: I Was Once A Taxi Driver -fayemi Tells UNILAG Graduates by Godemcee(m): 7:22pm On Jan 23, 2017
story.still u didn't change the life of the masses when u got into power

ole armed robber
Re: I Was Once A Taxi Driver -fayemi Tells UNILAG Graduates by Greedgod: 9:07am On Jan 24, 2017
Every rich man once sold pure water , rode taxi , sold rat poison , did security etc . But the older folks said that there was job at their time .

Olorun so kale wa

(1) (Reply)

If You Had 3 Words To Tell Buhari, What Would That Be? / Tony Nwulu: "Not Too Young To Run" And What A Lawmaker Should Be / See This Old Nursery Rhyme Changed To Suit The Situation Of President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.