Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

National Identity Management Commission Now Charges For Registration & Cardcoll - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Identity Management Commission Now Charges For Registration & Cardcoll (1336 Views)

Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card / FG To Merge BVN, Driver’s Licence, National Identity Card / EFCC Shares Identity Of The Guy Behind Their Twitter Handle, Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Identity Management Commission Now Charges For Registration & Cardcoll by coolayou(m): 10:57pm On Jan 23, 2017
So many things have really changed in my country.

I went to NIMC Office today at Federal Secretariat, Abak Road - Uyo, Akwa Ibom to check if the card I registered for since on the 18th December 2013 is ready.

Upon entering the office, about four persons were being assisted in filling out the registration forms by an officer, who was quite busy, and having excused him to make the enquiry, he directed me to another office.

In the next office about 5 persons were seated and another two standing with an officer, with me making the 3rd person all presenting the Id printout for checking. One of the guys told the officer he registered in August 2013 and got a text message last December for his ID pick up, at that point, the officer asked him to pay N500 for him to use and check if the card is ready. The guy told him he had only 200 on him and another senior officer told him if he doesn't have upto the amount, they should leave him and attend to another person, and I watched as the guy dip his hand in his pocket and paid the dude 5h.

At this point the other people who were already seated started grumbling if the money they have collected thus far shouldn't be enough for them to go start processing, while others who just arrived and are making payments will also be attended to on FIFO bases without waiting to lump everyone at the same time.

It sounded funny to me but I kept my calm, while expecting the Officer to tell me same story when its my turn for him to attend to me. But when I handed him my slip, he told me my batch is not yet ready, that only cards registered upto September 2013 is ready for collection. He however assured me that my card will be in the next batch currently being expected.

Still worried about the strange charges, I strolled out of the office to the balcony that leads to the staircase and remembered I once saw an online site for checking card status. I opened Google and got the site.

In the balcony is a bench with two ladies seated and discussing. I joined them in the bench after pleasantries but didn't pay attention to their gist as I was busy filling the online form for my card status check.

The result told me my card isn't ready and with dissapointed feelings for card I registered for since 2013, I set to go and only asked the ladies to adjust their sitting so the bench would not slide for them to fall. At that point one of the women asked me if I have succeeded in what I came for, so I explained to her the status of my card.

That was when they now told me that they came for registration and they have been asked to pay N1000 before they are attended to. I asked them again if they are sure of the information and both of them chorused that without the payment, they would not even attend to you. They said even after paying the N1000, the security personnel still got back to them and asked them to add N500 to facilitate quick service. I was so shocked.

Out of curiousness, I got back to the office to meet one of the staff members and asked him if its true they charge people, the guy told me plainly that the money the take for charges is what they use to run the office, as they no longer get anything from Abuja.

Is this the new Nigeria?
Re: National Identity Management Commission Now Charges For Registration & Cardcoll by abokibuhari: 11:02pm On Jan 23, 2017
APC 2019.......... FORGIVE AND FORGET grin
Re: National Identity Management Commission Now Charges For Registration & Cardcoll by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 23, 2017
Na thieves, it is supposed to be free,
Re: National Identity Management Commission Now Charges For Registration & Cardcoll by Sirpluv: 11:07pm On Jan 23, 2017
I got discouraged to register for that stuff when a friend of mine who registered 2013 told me he hasnt gotten his card yet. . .

I imagined when i will get mine if i had registered then (late 2016). . .

I just weak!
Re: National Identity Management Commission Now Charges For Registration & Cardcoll by coolayou(m): 11:14pm On Jan 23, 2017
Sirpluv:
I got discouraged to register for that stuff when a friend of mine who registered 2013 told me he hasnt gotten his card yet. . .

I imagined when i will get mine if i had registered then (late 2016). . .

I just weak!

Its rather unfortunate.
Re: National Identity Management Commission Now Charges For Registration & Cardcoll by 2el(m): 11:44pm On Jan 23, 2017
Corruption everywhere.....

cc:
DG NIMC

Bad news everyday
Re: National Identity Management Commission Now Charges For Registration & Cardcoll by psucc(m): 11:46pm On Jan 23, 2017
I registered at their state hqtrs in 2014 and til now Card not ready.

They charge N500 for registration and N100 for collection of slip.

When I asked they said they do not get anything from the national to fuel generator let alone repairs.
Re: National Identity Management Commission Now Charges For Registration & Cardcoll by nerodenero: 12:05am On Jan 24, 2017
I registered for this national disgrace when OBJ and his goons introduced the scam at first. After the first registration without any card issued, I went for another registration when they claimed their office got burnt. Again, Na story-story and the national embarrassment continues.

Fast forward to last year January, I left Lasgidi for Covenant University when the crowd at different locations in Lasgidi was killing. Again I got registered and was given two slips as temporary IDs and a message sent to my phone number stating that when the ID is ready, I'd be notified. Mind you, I didn't pay a dime.

A year gone, no National Identity card issued and the National Embarrassment Continues...

Can we ever get anything right? In Late Sunny Okosun's voice: "which way Nigeria".
Re: National Identity Management Commission Now Charges For Registration & Cardcoll by mykeljosef: 1:04am On Jan 24, 2017
you mean we should pay to be identified as Nigerians??

quick quick registration 50% off

pm me

Re: National Identity Management Commission Now Charges For Registration & Cardcoll by OLP46(m): 1:19am On Jan 24, 2017
All Na change dole
Re: National Identity Management Commission Now Charges For Registration & Cardcoll by coolayou(m): 5:58am On Jan 24, 2017
nerodenero:
I registered for this national disgrace when OBJ and his goons introduced the scam at first. After the first registration without any card issued, I went for another registration when they claimed their office got burnt. Again, Na story-story and the national embarrassment continues.

Fast forward to last year January, I left Lasgidi for Covenant University when the crowd at different locations in Lasgidi was killing. Again I got registered and was given two slips as temporary IDs and a message sent to my phone number stating that when the ID is ready, I'd be notified. Mind you, I didn't pay a dime.

A year gone, no National Identity card issued and the National Embarrassment Continues...

Can we ever get anything right? In Late Sunny Okosun's voice: "which way Nigeria".

Your own is close naaa, just 2016. It beats my imagination why a Government will claim a project that was budgeted for in a particular fiscal year, that cannot issue out an identity card registered for for 5 years, is a success.. This is fundamental failure
Re: National Identity Management Commission Now Charges For Registration & Cardcoll by smogup: 6:11am On Jan 24, 2017
This govt is a scam
Re: National Identity Management Commission Now Charges For Registration & Cardcoll by hegelian: 8:22am On Jan 24, 2017
It is very sad.I work for the organization and I have spoken out against it several times. The truth is that the management have stopped funding offices and still expect them to perform and this has become an avenue for the offices to exploit the masses...ideally 20naira is enough if they wanna charge for fuel and it should av been made uniform.
The truth is that the country is a joke and the masses are not helping.
Re: National Identity Management Commission Now Charges For Registration & Cardcoll by coolayou(m): 2:36pm On Jan 24, 2017
hegelian:
It is very sad.I work for the organization and I have spoken out against it several times. The truth is that the management have stopped funding offices and still expect them to perform and this has become an avenue for the offices to exploit the masses...ideally 20naira is enough if they wanna charge for fuel and it should av been made uniform.
The truth is that the country is a joke and the masses are not helping.

I see this as intentional opportunistic corporate exploitation and an organised corporate conspiracy to defraud the masses.

I wish there is a way we can blow this for all Nigerians to see what our beloved country has changed into
Re: National Identity Management Commission Now Charges For Registration & Cardcoll by hegelian: 8:05pm On Jan 24, 2017
coolayou:

I see this as intentional opportunistic corporate exploitation and an organised corporate conspiracy to defraud the masses.

I wish there is a way we can blow this for all Nigerians to see what our beloved country has changed into
I wish bro...the decay in the organization is so alarming. U won't believe that NIMC don't even have a salary scale...they only pay us what they like every month and always on the reduction...the project would have been a wonderful tin for the country but the management is nothing to write home about.
Re: National Identity Management Commission Now Charges For Registration & Cardcoll by hegelian: 8:17am On Jan 25, 2017
Mod pls take this to front page for proper viewing and comment and maybe it will get to them

1 Like

Re: National Identity Management Commission Now Charges For Registration & Cardcoll by shikshark: 9:12am On Jan 25, 2017
Ill recommend, "some offices of the NIMC are charging for card collection and enrolment" for the topic because the case is not like that here in ibadan, i did mine at egbeda local government around august 2016 and i assure you i paid 0.00000 naira. they only require you pre-register online as they are short of data forms. this always happens in the civil service where some bad eggs delibrately truncate the progress of govt. programs. Although my card is not ready too.

(1) (Reply)

Kabiru Sokoto Vs Nnamdi Kanu. / BREAKING: Senate Reads President Buhari's Letter Saying Vacation Is Indefinite / Meet A Nigerian Man Who Trekked From Aba To Umuahia To See Nnamdi Kanu (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.