Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Child Dies Because Parents Prayed Instead Of Calling 911 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Child Dies Because Parents Prayed Instead Of Calling 911 (527 Views)

Fufeyin: I Saw The Death Of Abba Kyari, Prayed About It But It's The Will Of God / Testimony Of How A Herbalist Who Tried To Kill Me Died Instead Of Me / Daddy Freeze: "I Have Prayed For An Enemy To Die Before, I Won’t Lie" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Child Dies Because Parents Prayed Instead Of Calling 911 by randomperson: 6:20pm On Jan 24, 2017
Seth Johnson, the 7 year-old child of Timothy and Sarah Johnson, recently died from pancreatitis and acute sepsis. This could have been prevented if Seth’s parents got medical help for their son, but instead relied on prayer.
The Johnsons noticed that their son was ill, but refused to do anything because they had “issues with doctors.” Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman released the following statement:
“The parents admitted to police that his behavior had changed, that he wasn’t sleeping, was throwing himself down stairs and was taking hours to eat. Yet, they refused to do what most parents would have done and take him to a doctor”
Upon returning from a trip, the Johnsons came home and found their son laying on the floor, but refused to call 911 and prayed instead. The next morning, the Johnsons finally did seek out medical attention for their son, but it was too late. The paramedics found Seth covered in his own vomit and pronounced him dead when they arrived to the scene.
The Johnsons have since been charged with neglect of a child. This is another sad example of how religion and pseudoscience can have deadly consequences.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/accordingtomatthew/2017/01/child-dies-because-parents-prayed-instead-of-calling-911/?ref_widget=related&ref_blog=accordingtomatthew&ref_post=no-atheist-kids-are-not-more-altruistic-than-religious-kids
Re: Child Dies Because Parents Prayed Instead Of Calling 911 by SexyNairalander: 6:23pm On Jan 24, 2017
booked

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleiman Speaks On What Will Happen If Arrested (video) / Atheist In The House Help! I'm Gradually Turning Into A Nihilist / What Is Your View On Death/afterlife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.